Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Kings Inn {IC}

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Kings Inn {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsuraiko on Fri May 15, 2009 4:00 pm

Here is the link if you want to join in. Positions are limited however --> the-kings-inn-t22066.html

--

It was twelve in the afternoon. The sun high in the sky caused a light heat wave with the citizens of River Oaks trying to find shelter. Many of them stood off to the side, waiting in line to order a drink or two to help themselves cool down. It was a normal routine for them; one they did every day. Going down a little ways lay the 'Kings Inn'. A place she had been working for for almost five years strong.

"Hey Taylor! I need you over here," George, the restaurants owner, called out as his round, plump face sweated with the rush. "Go server table eight, ten, and thirteen. We are short today and the customers are getting restless," he demanded as Taylor quickly turned and did as she was told. It was like every other day with the afternoon rush.

"Hello, my name is Taylor and I shall be your waitress this afternoon. Is there anything I can start you with?" the words flowed smoothly as the couple she attended glanced down at their menu's. "We have a special today on the Pizzicosa Glazed Meat Loaf. It is served with seasoned angus ground beef baked, 100% real, and sliced with pizzicosa sauce, Au Gratin potatoes and seasoned vegetables," it was the daily special in which most of the meal courses ranged from ten, to thirty dollars.

After the couple decided on their meal, Taylor skipped to the next booth and placed their orders. "Hey Chris, I need you over here," she called out as Christopher appeared to have his hands full as well.

"I'm a little busy Tay. You're going to have to ask one of the others," he replied as he kept his gaze on one of the customers as they told him their order. He nodded and moved back towards the kitchen. "Mike I need one house salad, a caesar salad, and a bowl of steaming hot mussels," he called out as Mike, the head chef, pulled his head into the general vicinity.

"Yes sir" he replied as he took the paper and returned to his work. Christopher glanced around and sighed.

'It's going to be a busy day today,'
The right to be god...that right is now mine!

~ Albert Wesker

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsuraiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Kings Inn {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby parisx2xrome on Fri May 15, 2009 4:32 pm

Evelynn wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. It was really busy today; Everyone was rushing around like mad people trying to get all the orders down. She spotted Taylor, taking orders just a little way down from her. She looked tired too.
Another waitress rushed passed her, asking quickly for her to cover a table. Sighing, Eve nodded, picking up her order book and a pencil. Rushing over to the table she had been told to go to, she saw an extremely large man, taking up two seats. Oh dear. She thought, before putting one her sweetest smile.
"Hello, welcome to the King's Inn. I'm Evelynn, your server for the duration of the time your stay. What would you like?" She said, before looking at the man.
"Well, I'd like two caesar salads please, with all the trimmings, one plate of fried chicken wings, and a pint of the house ale please." He said. "I'm trying to watch my weight." He whispered to her, leaning to one side.
It ain't going nowhere She thought, before giving another sweet smile. "Okay." she said before walking off towards the kitchen.
"Hey Mike, I've got another order for you, buddy." She said, giving him an apologetic smile as he popped his head through the serving hatch. With a groan he took the order. "Thanks, hun." He said.
Turning back towards the hot restaurant, seeing how many people still needed serving.
God, give me strength. She thought, before heading off to wait more tables.

{I'll add Irish boy Bryce soon.}
COE: *smug smile* Thank you for flying Church of England, Cake or Death!!"
- Eddie Izzard - Cake or Death

"Randy Giles?! Why not just call me Horny Giles or Desperate-for-a-shag Giles. I knew there was a reason I hated you!"
-Spike , Buffy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

parisx2xrome
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falgabird on Fri May 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Tempest held the tray of food above her head, as another waitress rushed by. The afternoon rush was always her least favorite part of the job. Getting to the table she was serving with the food, she set the tray down and smiled her most charming smile.

"I hope everything is to your liking!" she said and scooted to the next table where people had sat down.

"Good afternoon! My name is Tempest and I will be your server for today." she said kindly to the elderly couple. "Can I get you started off with some drinks?"

The elderly woman looked to her with mild interest. "I am not ready to drink yet. Mortimer?" she asked looking at her husband. He stayed quiet and Tempest took that as a no.

'Whipped,' she thought. "That's quite alright, I'll just return in a few moments." Tempest scooted back to the kitchen where she picked up another tray of food, and headed back into the jungle that was the Kings Inn during rush hour.

falgabird
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sat May 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Phoenix walked out of the kitchen holding the round tray that held a table's orders. She was smiling her best smile, one that flashed her pure white teeth and made her caramel eyes sparkle. She nodded at the customers as she walked by them, seeing a few smile back. She made it to her table and started putting out dishes, announcing them as she went, and setting them down by each person. "All this great food is making me hungry!" She told the three men that she was serving. She was sure that it was a business lunch, something that she was used to seeing at the restaurant.

The men smiled at her, even offering for her to sit with them. Tucking the tray under one arm, she put her hand on one's shoulder. "Wouldn't I love that. My feet are kissing me. But, I have to get back to work." She told him, smiling brightly, and telling them to enjoy, before heading to the next table, a young family that had just gone in.

Smiling at them, she put out an extra thing of silverware. "Hi, I'm Phoenix, and I'll be your waitress today." She said, smiling brightly at them as she pushed her brown hair out of her face innocently. She handed them menus. "You guys look over the menu and decide what seems best for you. I will be back in just a few minutes." She told them, before heading off to her next table, she was tired, but she loved being tired from work. It felt wonderful.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby twentydollarslater on Sat May 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Drew ran a frustrated hand through his hair, his cellphone basically cemented to his ear. Standing outside an afternoon lunch spot, The Kings Inn, he dealt with leftover business from the morning. "At this point, I don't care who does it --- just make sure it gets done before I get back to the office!" His voice was raised, though he glanced around to make sure he wasn't causing a scene. After getting the final word, he clicked his phone shut and slid it into the pocket of his pants. Letting out a deep breath, he walked into the restaurant he frequented with customers. Yet, he was on his own today, dreading heading back to the office he liked to nickname "prison".

He sat down at a free table, looking around a bit at the afternoon crowd and tapping his fingers lightly against the table top. Feeling a bit restless from the hectic morning, he pulled his phone out once more and checking some e-mails. In a million years, he never thought his life would end up like this; a business-man who followed in his fathers footsteps, stuck at a 9-5 job five days a week while dealing with other stuck-up business men. With each year that passed, he worried that he was becoming more and more like the arrogant businessmen he despised.

twentydollarslater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falgabird on Sat May 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Tempest's eyes narrowed at the man sitting at the table just steps away form her. Hadn't he been taught that it was rude to use his cellphone in a public establishment like a restaurant? Reaching the table, she stood there with her hands clasped tightly in front of her, waiting for him to notice that she'd come to serve him.

After a few moments, and he still hadn't acknowledge her presence, she affected a light cough. 'Jerk,' she thought. Tapping her foot she began to grow more impatient with the passing moment.

falgabird
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby twentydollarslater on Sat May 16, 2009 7:12 pm

Drew heard a muffled cough near him and looked up from his phone and saw a waitress standing over his table. "Oh...sorry." was all he could say as he set his phone down on the table and looked up at the young waitress, who looked like she had already lost her patience with him. He probably deserved it. Still, as his eyes glanced around to notice what seemed like a million other men who were probably twice his age, but looked just like him; dressed in their business-best, either talking on phones, reading their newspapers, or hitting on the waitresses, he figured she was probably used to it.

Again, he looked up at the unfamiliar waitress who he'd made a bad first impression on, and he didn't even attempt a friendly smile. He wasn't sure he knew what a friendly smile even consisted of anymore. "It's just been a busy day.." He started, as if he needed some kind of justification for the impatient look on her face.

twentydollarslater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sat May 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Phoenix walked by and looked at them. She had to shake her head. From her years of work she had learned that you never showed that side of you, no matter how annoying a customer could get. For a job that's money pretty much consisted of tips, that was a no-no. She smiled at the man and looked at the waitress, giving her an encouraging smile as she took the table next to them. "Hi, I'm Phoenix." She said to the other group of business men. She handed out the menus and started talking about the specials, laughing at a joke one made.

She was used to men flirting with her, she just brushed it off and flirted back slightly, pushing her hair out of her face. The best way to get a good tip was to make the customer think that you were not just a server, but someone who actually paid attention. And her being friendly really helped.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falgabird on Sat May 16, 2009 7:22 pm

Tempest's face didn't even flinch at his proclamation of a busy day. "Hello, My name is tempest and I'll be your server today." taking the menu from under her right arm, she handed to the man, only realizing she did so with the gloved hand. Withdrawing it quickly, she attempted a kind smile. "I'll be in a few moments to take your order." turning quickly on her heel, she went to the next table to drop off the bill, and returned to the kitchen, breathing a sigh of relief.

'Stupid hand.' she thought, fiddling with the edge of the glove. She usually used her left hand only for carrying trays, and things, and made it as inconspicuous as possible. When it did happen that a patron saw it she tended to get antsy, hoping they would just put it off as some germ thing. Why she was like this she didn't know, but it was something she rarely talked about, and she intended to keep it that way.

falgabird
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Jason sighed as he pulled up to the parking lot, a frown on his face, he had gone out to get away from his father's usual complaints. He was tired of hearing how he needed to take over the family business. Jason's family had always been good at what they did, designing electronics. His father, Eli Knight had helped build Apple, he was one of their key designers, his mother, Jane West, was one of the designers at IBM. The two had met at a computer expo in Southern California. He was born after the two left their respective companies and had started their own. It was easy living from then on, the husband wife duo spent most of their days travelling from country to country, with the idea of going international.

Jason had shown a knack for computers and other technological devices since a young age. He had built his first computer at 7, and his own car at 13. He graduated from high school at 16 and then completed his dual major of Computer Science and Engineering and Writing and Humanistic Studies in 2 years. He now stands before a resturant, and frankly, is scared out of his mind since his parents probably had put at least one woman who tried to win him over, in the resturant. He sighed again, running his fingers through his hair, and headed inside, and to an empty booth near the back, hoping no one saw, or recognized him.

davidab313
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 5:38 pm

"Nix, you got booth seven." A gruff voice called to Phoenix as she took a short, minute, break to tie her hair out of her face. She looked up at the man who had called out to her and nodded. Then, she checked her make-up, grabbed a fresh note pad and after glancing over, grabbed one menu, and walked over, smiling at customers as she went. She stopped in front of the man in the booth and handed over the menu, not really paying attention to the person who sat there.

"Hi, I'm Phoenix, and I will be your server for this afternoon." She told him, taking out the notepad and writing something small on it. "Can I start you off with a drink, honey..." She said, and as she spoke the last word, her eyes traveled up to a face that haunted her nightmares, only it was younger. She swallowed twice, trying to get her bearings, but was having some trouble.

Her heart started racing, her face drained of all color and her lips felt suddenly chapped. She couldn't take her eyes off of that all too familiar face. "Eli..?" She asked, and then it struck her. Not even rich men grew younger. This wasn't Eli, but his son, and her old friend, Jason. "Sorry, Jason." She said, trying to get her mind back in working order. "Jason, can I get you a drink?" She asked, putting on a strained smile until she could go in back and shake the feeling of dread that loomed over her. Was his father coming later?

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:20 pm

Jason sighed slightly, only half hearing the voice and name. "Um, I'll have a Raspberry Peach ice tea with a lemon on the side." He said as he looked over the menu, his eyes drifting easily over the menu. He then heard her continue, calling him his father's name, though it sounded a bit like a question. "Great, I guess I'm looking more and more like that jerk every day." He thought as he looked up at the girl, and he blinked, trying to figure out why she was so familiar, yet as distant as an ancient memory. "Um... I'm sorry, but do I know you? I swear I've seen you before, but I just can't place where." He said, feeling bad that he could forget someone's name, yet remember the names of every part of a computer, car, and motorcycle.

davidab313
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Phoenix shook her head as she took down the drink order. "No, I'm sorry. I must have just... Seen you in the paper or something." She said. Turning around, she called over her shoulder, "I'll be right back with your drink order." Before hurrying off, feeling completely stupid. Of course he wouldn't remember her. She had just been a maid, who was she to think that he would have actually thought of her as a friend?

She got his drink together, and composed herself before going back over. "Here you are, sir." She said, smiling slightly. "Have you thought about what you would like to eat?"

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 pm

He blinked as she hurried off. He sighed as he sat their thinking the entire time. "Pheonix... Pheonix... Why is that name so familiar..." He thought and when she came back, he sighed. "No, I know I remember you from somewhere, I just can't place where... Wait, what's your last name?" He asked as he took the drink and sipped it. "No, I haven't... I've been trying to place where I've met you before... I just wish I could place where I saw you..." He said as he thought back more.

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby twentydollarslater on Sun May 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Drew figured the waitress had already had enough of him, and he hadn't even had a drink of complementary water yet. He shook his head slightly as she quickly handed him the menu and walked off, seeming slightly flustered. He ran a frustrated hand through his hair, letting out a silent sigh and picked up the menu. He'd seen it all before, even though they changed a lot of the dishes weekly. "I need to find a new place..." He mumbled to himself. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate his 'comfortable' lifestyle, it was that he couldn't keep his mind focused on it. He had no room for his imagination to be put to work, and that made him feel constantly trapped. Trapped in a world with $31-dollar lunches, drinks and cigars with men twice his age after work, and as much as he would be ashamed to admit it, curing the loneliness of not having time for a real relationship by having night upon night of women whose names he wouldn't remember in the morning.

As his eyes gazed over the menu, he tried to decide on something as quickly as possible, so when the waitress came back he wouldn't put her in a worse mood.

twentydollarslater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falgabird on Sun May 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Calmed and poised, she returned to the man's table, ready to take his order. Setting a glass of water on the table she smiled. "Are you ready to order, sir?" she asked, kindly this time. She examined him as he looked through the menu, recognizing him as a regular. Often, she realized his seemed to be with business partners, or something of that sort, but today, he was alone. As she wrote down what he was telling her, she made sure to keep her hand hidden, hoping he wouldn't notice the odd accessory.

falgabird
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Phoenix sighed. "Black." She told him, pushing at some stray strands of hair. "I used to work for your father." She reminded him, doodling on the sheet of the notepad that she was using, trying to hide herself from him. She still felt very stupid for thinking that he would remember her. "I am going to recommend the meatloaf." She said, hoping to distract him. "It's been my favorite lately, really a great dish." She chewed on her lower lip, before looking around then back at him.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby davidab313 on Sun May 17, 2009 8:29 pm

He smiled as she said her last name. "Oh, you..." He started, and said as she did. "... used to work for that guy..." He said as he stood up and hugged her. "I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, I've just been forced into so much by my parents as of late it's not funny..." He said with a sigh. "But anyway, how have you been? How did you like college?" He asked as he sat back down, motioning to the spot across from him for her to sit down. "When's your shift over? I'll come back and we can talk and catch up since it's swamped here." He said with a smile. "Anyway, I'll take the meatloaf, extra gravy and mashed potatoes." He said with a smile "And butter too."

davidab313
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun May 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Phoenix felt a little strange with the hug and backed up, her hands shaking. "I work until... Three." She told him, running her tongue over her lips it was only half an hour away. She wrote down his order and looked at him. "College is going well, though working here has kept me so busy I am getting less and less sleep every week." She sighed. "Well, I will be back with your order, it was good seeing you, and I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable." She said, before hurrying away. She still, somehow, managed to smile at the other customers, though she was trembling terribly, and had to ask someone else to take out one table's orders because she was afraid of dropping them.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby twentydollarslater on Sun May 17, 2009 8:46 pm

As the waitress returned to take his order, Drew handed her the menu. As he did so, he couldn't help but notice her hand -- or what was covering it up. He didn't stare or make a point to mention it. It was really none of his business, and he knew he wasn't on the best terms with her already. "Looks like the meatloaf is a popular choice." He smirked a bit, looking around as a majority of the crowd dined on what appeared to be the special of the day. "I'll try it." Looking up at her, he nodded slightly. After she walked away, he looked down at his phone sitting inconspicuously on the table, taunting him. How he hated that piece of plastic and wires, but he knew he couldn't live without it. His fingers tapped lightly against the table, taking in the chatter of those around him. People-watching, when he got a chance to do it, was one of his favorite hobbies.

twentydollarslater
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!