Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Mountains in the Mist

The Mountains in the Mist

a part of “The Mountains in the Mist”, a fictional universe by little luna.

Cradled in the vast mountainside is a coven of very important individuals, gathered for a purpose only known to a few. Only one thing is certain - mankind sits on the brink of catastrophe. (NOW ACTIVE!) (Rated M)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mountains in the Mist”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Mountains in the Mist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jersh on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 pm

alright. I will try to do my initial post sometime tonight. If that is alright with u

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jersh
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:35 pm

I like the recent posts. I like them lots and lots. However, I must inform the group of a short (hopefully) inactivity in posting on my part. I'll be going on vacation away from home for seven days after tomorrow, and I may/ or may not be able to use the internet. I shall see what I can do. It is convenient that Demp isn't too involved in the plot yet; his absence wouldn't be noticed. I'm thinking of having Demp bump into one of the other characters in the Dusma forest as he measures out the entire circle. Anybody out there?
"ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO/
SMILE TASTE KITTENS/
DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE ROYAL HUNTING GROUNDS ARE ALWAYS FORBIDDEN?"
-Clutch "10001110101"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxHolic_AngelxX on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Well, seeing that Fiona tries to study the "barrier" around Dusma and also now has a favorite clearing out in Dusma Forest, it could be possible that Demp runs into her there....

XxHolic_AngelxX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jersh on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 am

Raul is also lurking in the forest....well...sort of... lol

Jersh
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:16 am

Hey sorry I haven't posted recently I have been busy. I will post later today though.

Medic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks for the heads-up about your vacation. It's all good; I don't expect you not to have lives while playing, lol.

little luna
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Also, I'm reminding everyone that I generally do not allow god-moding. If the two characters involved are okay with it, I am also. But please check with each other so no one gets upset. Thanks!!

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jersh on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Yay my 'weekend' has begun. Looking forward to some posting.

Jersh
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Angel, I liked your last post, I can already feel Caine's exasperation with Fiona the troublemaker...

But in regards to the god-modding little luna mentioned, I would prefer you not to write anything about Caine that I haven't written myself. Rather than move him about, feel free to drop me a line here or via PM. I'm happy to cooperate with any ideas you have :) I would've taken the opportunity to interact with Fiona even if you hadn't placed Caine there, so it's not a big deal this time, but in future ask first - the likelihood is ye shall receive :)

I won't be using the line you had Caine say at the end of your post (it's a big word for him xD), but the gist will be essentially the same.

Thanks.
It is truly a blight upon the aptitude of the prosing populace that a thesaurus and certificate of poets' rights have alas never yet enriched their insipid opus...
...But who am I to preach?

Snowfall
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 pm

It's good to see some interplayer interactions in the roleplay. One problem I always run into is dialogue. It's so hard to get a conversation going in posts if you and the character aren't on at the same time, especially if there's more than two parties in the conversation and the third doesn't post quickly enough.

Several thoughts on the roleplay, organized as little as possible.
Was The Mountains in the Mist originally planned to have romance-relationship elements?
Is Keaira pronounced "Key-AYR-eh"?
Is she secretly an all-powerful being whose untapped abilities can destroy worlds?
Did she have a different personality before the memory wipe?
Would she be interested in purchasing Ortollo Clockwear™ Hoodies?
Is Fiona a floozy? Is she a pyromaniac?
Is Jersh secretly the manifestation of the Great Old Ones sent to smuggle contraband kittens across the Dusma barrier?
Have I become schizophrenic?
Oh here are my pills?
I'll post some proper activity as soon as possible; 26 hours in a bus is looking grimmer with every passing second.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 pm

I'll answer:

Was The Mountains in the Mist originally planned to have romance-relationship elements?
Not planned, but open to the possibility.

Is Keaira pronounced "Key-AYR-eh"?
Close. Key-air-uh.

Is she secretly an all-powerful being whose untapped abilities can destroy worlds?
This much is secret. I can't confirm or deny anything without giving away hints. Sorry! ;)

Did she have a different personality before the memory wipe?
This much won't hurt to tell - no.

Would she be interested in purchasing Ortollo Clockwear™ Hoodies?
Nope. She's content with simple things.

Is Fiona a floozy? Is she a pyromaniac?
Angel may have a different opinion on this, but my original thought for Fiona was that no, she is neither of those things.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jersh on Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:02 pm

"Is Jersh secretly the manifestation of the Great Old Ones sent to smuggle contraband kittens across the Dusma barrier?"

.....not much of a secret anymore....tch....thanks

Jersh
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxHolic_AngelxX on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks Snowfall, and thank you for telling me... sorry if you felt I pushed Caine around... I was just kinda in this inspirational mood and wanted a good, yet suspenseful ending.

Oh and by the way, I really don't imagine Fiona as a pyromaniac or a floosy. I made up the David situation to create conflict and build tension between her and Caine, in my mind the situation had been an extremely out-of-ordinary thing for her. As for the flower, Fiona tends to act irrationally when angered, but also thought the burning flower would be an interesting take to one of her sketches.

XxHolic_AngelxX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Posting shall be impossible/extremely sporadic until Sunday. Or Monday. Sry.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks for the heads-up.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Angel, I'm assuming Daniel is a human. If he isn't then I'll edit, unless it's understandable for Caine to have made the same assumption :) (Anything to place this flirtatious jerk in lower esteem, naturally...)

Snowfall
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm going to be gone for about 4 days I'll post when I get back.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Sorry guys, I just let go of Demp. I really can't continue in this roleplay because I don't feel too connected to the characters. In addition, I don't think that I wrote Demp well. He just doesn't seem human at all to me. Too mechanical. I would be lying if I said that my other roleplay wasn't a factor; it's hard to switch between the two and not get the plots mixed up. So I am leaving Mountains in the Mist.

(This was my fault however)

I apologize for leaving and being unable to keep up with the roleplay.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Sorry to see you go... but I understand how it can be hard to do multiple rps at once.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Note to everyone: This rp is largely character driven, but I'm going to be pressing plot to keep interest. If you are unsure of a detail I've either told you or implied, PLEASE ASK VIA PM. Thanks!

New fact so far! It appears that the barrier isn't foolproof. Objects submerged in water are able to pass. What could this mean for everyone?!

little luna
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!