Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Mountains in the Mist

The Mountains in the Mist

a part of “The Mountains in the Mist”, a fictional universe by little luna.

Cradled in the vast mountainside is a coven of very important individuals, gathered for a purpose only known to a few. Only one thing is certain - mankind sits on the brink of catastrophe. (NOW ACTIVE!) (Rated M)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mountains in the Mist”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Mountains in the Mist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Mountains in the Mist"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

little luna
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Mountains in the Mist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Can I be Declan?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Sure. Keep in mind you have two days to submit a character now that it is reserved. PM me if you need longer.

I'll be sending you additional info for Declan later, after the character is submitted.

little luna
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxHolic_AngelxX on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Can I reserve Fiona?

XxHolic_AngelxX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Yes. Fiona is now reserved for the next couple of days - please PM me if you need longer to submit the character.

Commisar_Gaunt, please submit Declan if you wish to keep him. I'll be removing the reservation by the end of tomorrow.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Can I reserve Declan then? I Think it's been past the two days or whatever and I already have a character idea.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:24 am

Declan is now played by Medic.

Sorry Commisar_Gaunt, but you failed to submit a character in the two days allowed, and did not PM me to ask for more time.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Excuse me, I posted in the roleplayers wanted area and was wondering if I could join this roleplay. I'm Danny Latiel and I'm trying to get my writing skills back to speed. I also wanted to ask a few questions about the level of technology the humans have in your roleplay universe. May I play as a human?
"ROBOT LORDS OF TOKYO/
SMILE TASTE KITTENS/
DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT THE ROYAL HUNTING GROUNDS ARE ALWAYS FORBIDDEN?"
-Clutch "10001110101"

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Sure, I can reserve a human for you. Male or female?

The technology is in infancy generally, but non-existent really on Dusma, where you will be. They have tools like hoes, hammers, rakes, axes, etc, but nothing with mechanical or moving parts. Think LOTR; it's part of the inspiration for this game.

Hope that helps everyone.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NinaKerndall on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi, wanted to know if I could be a witch named Ligatha Kielloscumen with the power over water, one of the Unfortunate. And if I may know what the Unfortunate are expected to do? I'll sumbit her character sheet in perhaps a day or so, perhaps sooner.

Thanks for your attention~
Nina
----------
You walk through the mahogany door. The little girl inside stares at you with her iridescent violet eyes, emphasized by her rich indigo dress. Her caretaker hovers by your side, obviously flustered at your sudden appearance. You ignore her, as the girl's eyes bores into outer facade, and searches your heart, mind and soul. She reaches out a hand, probably realising you are not a threat.
Do you take it?
Will you take it?
Can you take it?
She's waiting...

----------

NinaKerndall
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:48 am

Yes, I would like a male human reserved for myself. Hmm... was hoping for industrial level technology, but no matter. My character will simply have to "improvise"

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:07 pm

One male and one female Unfortunate reserved.

Unfortunates are just people that were going about their lives when intruders came to Dusma and sealed themselves there. As such, no one can leave. Unfortunates can have mixed feelings about the secrecy taking root in their village. They can be fearful, resentful, or intrigued. They can form alliances with characters, each other, and have agendas (for example, finding out what's happening, kicking the intruders off the mountain, or simply dealing with the new circumstances). Up to you.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Submitting character for approval.

Character Name: Demp Orotollo

Appearance: Wide eyes and bushy browed, slightly bagged with irises the color of singed wood. A brownish-black natural hair kept clean as little as possible. Clean shaven with an oval face. Besides a chewed lower lip, rather ordinary facial features, not too blunt or too sharp to distinguish him in a crowd. Five feet and six inches tall. Built precariously, thinly, as if he were missing important parts. Large hands with slender fingers, dextrous and well defined. Usually in a moss-green dyed linen shirt and dark-dyed coarse linen pants. Wears boots made of sun-tanned hide. Keeps a blackjack (a firm wooden stick with a leather wrapped bit of lead at the tip. Used to knock people out) on his person.

Likes: Closed spaces, candle light, the sound of gears turning, bells, books of science, salted pork. Theater.

Dislikes: Wide open empty spaces, forests, women, stew, beggars, anyone openly carrying a sword or weapon.

Personality: Paranoid, but not withdrawn. Over-thinks every situation, person, and place. Looks for a hiding spot, escape route, or impromptu distraction. As a result, he is an amazing escape artist and reasoner. Easy to start a conversation with due to the eccentricity of his questions. A ruse of course, to seem at ease. Innately distrustful and mildly untrustworthy, but only to the point of self preservation. A tinkerer in his spare time, loves to organize and model new creations of steel with wood. His specialty is in spring based machinery. In private of course.

History: Demp Orotollo was born in the seaside city of Bastpon, a Renaissance city of art, industry, and wealth. His father had worked as head architect under the lavish patronage of the Duke of Bastpon, who controls the extensive Bastpon Banking system. Under his architect father he learned that the world was full of liars and cheaters who plotted to steal your money, your creations, and your life. The Orotollo family tree had been plagued by plagiarism and untimely death, due to its longstanding creative history and close relation to the ruling class. Demp himself had found his forte in the fledgling science of mechanics, inventing innovative clockwork and spring based machines, carefully guarding their design. But the ensuing tension with the mysterious forces of magic and the whisperings of war with the neighboring country of Mirala over trade routes in the Socillo Gulf have forced him to travel overland to relatives in the safety of Ardi. Traveling in secret through all manner of transport, Demp finds himself stuck in the backwater mountains of Dusma when the Circle convened. Demp is working furiously to escape Dusma.

Your character's outlook on the war: Demp doesn't care which side wins, only that they let him live (in relative comfort) and allow him to create.

Your character's feelings about being on Dusma: He wants to leave. He will do anything short of dying to do so. He also believes that the people in Dusma somehow know of his father's influence and wish to ransom him for a sum of money.
Last edited by Danny Latiel on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 pm

May I reserve Brennan? I will get a char sheet up shortly (it will be within the two day limit)
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Danny Latiel on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh poo. Do I have to write a native of Dusma? I can revise Demp if he's to outlandish.

Danny Latiel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 pm

I'll allow Demp. Just be sure that in game, it's explained how he came to be there. Others will be wary of him if he seems too different.
(And remember to submit him with an application!)

Brennan is accepted also. Information will be sent via PM.
Last edited by little luna on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:09 pm

NOTICE!

This game will start once we have a "Caine." Any Unfortunates may join in at any time after their character is accepted.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:47 pm

NinaKerndall - Your reservation will expire tonight around 11:30pm. Please submit a character! Or you can PM me with some ideas for your character to request more time to submit.
Thanks!

little luna
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

I'll have a character submitted for Caine by tonight, if it's still open.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby little luna on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:29 pm

We now have a Caine! Original spots are still OPEN!!

Caine will be receiving his necessary info via PM sometime tomorrow, and shortly after that I'll make the first post. COOL
Last edited by little luna on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

little luna
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!