Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Nightwing's Voyage

The Nightwing's Voyage

a part of “The Nightwing's Voyage”, a fictional universe by HOLYCRAPAGHOST.

It's the year 4035. There are 12 planets registered with the Intergalactic Council; ambassadors whom work together to keep the universe at peace. However, the Ambassadors have kept secrets, secrets that may reveal the lost history of humans. [CLOSED]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Nightwing's Voyage”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Nightwing's Voyage

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:53 pm

I’ve been thinking about hypersleep, it has some odd unexpected effects like returning from a trip and finding your younger sibling is now older than you. This may make space travel much more popular among orphans and such.
I’ve decided that Firni adjust their birthdays every time they wake from hypersleep, so they never miss one but at the cost of having to inform their friends and relatives of the changes. It’s more confusing than daylight savings time.
If you’d look at the actual dates of birth, Saein would be old enough to be Minn’s mother, lol.

Famished:
It’s 80% “must look after girl who needs help” and 20% “must stay close to attractive new friend”. Things would get really interesting if there was another scared character, who didn’t get along with Minn.

Lloyd:
I think a list of species and things would be very useful, even for stupid things like “what was the animal that made Saein stop wanting to know what she eats?”.
Back when I roleplayed a whole planet, I kept an encyclopedia that was written as if it was a kind of wiki managed by some of the characters. Including discussion among them of how best to write things and notes like “(information removed by request of [character], reason: [some reason])”
I can keep myself sane because I’ve got my candy gun!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Okay, Tripod Synths, as I said, are aliens that are part machine, and are used for military purposes. However, not only military sources use them, but others can also buy them. To buy them legally, they have to be bought off an official port which breeds/makes them, which is owned by the Intergalactic Council, and to buy them, you must fill in a bunch of paperwork with it, things like you are responsible for everything it does, and how you swear not to use it to commit crimes and things about insurance and ownership and whatever. However, they can be bought off the black market, and are popular among pirate ships which are able to afford them. Though they are military devices, they are also legally treated as pets, for they are actual living creatures.

They are well renown for their swiftness and endurance and their weaponry, making them more useful than most soldiers or even many combat drones. Plus, they come in variety. This wide variety is meant for being able to use each type for different purposes. Each type has their own strengths. They are very intelligent creatures, but are still considered "creatures".

Hunters - The most common and most popular Synth. Hunters, also known as Scouts, are known for being extremely swift. Their weaponry can include Pulse Cannons (a type of compressed machine gun fire), Shotgun Shots, Explosive Fléchettes, Plasma Fléchettes, These weapons are shot out two vertical blue barrels, which many people mistake for their eyes. They can become as fast as gazelles, and are just as agile. Some have been known to be able to jump a story or two high to get where they need to, but, they aren't that strong when it comes to things involving the air. They fight best in areas with a lot of obstacles, whether it be indoors or outdoors. They'll use their Explosive Fléchettes if they need to open up areas, for they aren't good at squeezing through tight spaces. They can continue to run and fight for long periods of time, and can easily resist explosive damage. Their weakness however, is energy based weaponry and extreme heat. They are still affected by bullets, if you shoot where they are vulnerable. They sound something like dogs, but in a highly electronic voice, and often 'bark', screech, yelp, whatever.

Pyros - These are much like Hunters. They aren't as fast as them, they are pretty fast anyway. Pyros have a lot of either fire weaponry or plasma weaponry, or sometimes other kinds as well. They are good for support or for special missions. Their armor is resistant to heat and electricity, but however, is weak to explosives. They sound quite similar to Hunters, but also do a lot of moaning.

Bombers - These are quite different than most, being in heavier artillery. They are twice as large as normal Tripod Synths and are shaped quite differently. They use a lot of explosives, mostly chemical based. It shoots cylinder shaped grenades, sticky bombs, rockets, whatever. The arms on their undersides are meant for moving debris out of their way or out of the way of others. They sound like Pyros, but sound deeper, and don't do a lot of barking, and do more snorting.

Treants - Pretty much the most powerful of the pack. Treants are very different from most Synths. They may have Pulse Cannon fire, Minigun fire, Warp Cannon Fire (Highly explosive charged shots), or whatever you can fit on it. With their size and appearance, one would underestimate it's capabilities, thinking it's just all firepower and nothing else. Though they may seem slow at walking, some have been known to run, and make a lot of noise when they do. One may think that it can only attack at a certain height, but with it's giraffe-like stick legs and flexible joins, it can attack at any height, simple by crouching. They are extremely resistant to all types of danger, and have very strong balance. They sound like whales.

Stalkers - The best type for assassinations. They, unlike most of their louder kin, are able to keep themselves quiet, perfect for scouting or spying missions, but will occasionally hiss, moan, yelp or snort. They use their blades more to their advantage, and their blades are better hidden than those of Hunters. They are also experts at targeting enemies and hitting them, much like snipers, but with silences gunshots. They will sometimes use Pulse Cannon fire for self-defense, if they ever need it.

Turrets - Turrets have the most technological upgrading. They aren't as mobile as most Tripod Synths. They prefer planting themselves on the ground and relentlessly firing anything that moves. They can have Pulse Cannon Fire, Minigun fire, Rockets, Sniper shots, Plasma Shots, and can deploy Hover Sentries. Hover Sentires are tiny mechanical devices that fly using a small fast rotating blade that can be used to seriously harm an enemy, and are able to sense heat, so they are usually deployed by soldiers wherever they can't get to. Turrets are very sturdy, and once planted, they will almost never be pushed back. They make strong for defensive based combat, for at the same time they are good at defending against ground attacks, they are also good at defending against air attacks, unlike most Synths (other than the Treant) though some of it's weapons can be slow when used against said targets. They are very bad at defending themselves from behind though. They sound like Hunters, but a little bit more high pitched and even more electronic sounding, and also make a lot of beeping sounds.

Healers - Healers are about as agile as Scouts, which is essential for their job. Their job is to heal and recharge fellow Synths. They cannot heal anything else other than Tripod Synths, however, they are still able to charge things. They have a special piece of equipment that works similar to that of a tracking beam, which can be used to speed up tissue healing of Synths. It can also be used to recharge a Synth's mechanical body. The only have Pulse Cannons to defend themselves with, though, their armor is exactly the same as that of a Hunter. A Healer doesn't have claws like a Hunter does, but has arms along it's underside in the same way that a Bomber does.

It is unknown to the public the exact history of these creatures, nor how exactly they are bred/made nor where they originated from, however, they have been accepted as loyal military "pets".

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peace_love_dance on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:11 pm

... Can one of you guys help me get in? Idk, some post where maybe somebody is looking for me?

I want to jump back in, but I have no ideas.

peace_love_dance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Maybe Cassandra can offer to help those who have difficulty walking because of the dust and water in mechanical legs? That’s all I can come up with.

I figure the workbench at Saein’s station will have a strong vacuum cleaner and something that blows hot air, both useful for fixing that problem.

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:27 pm

@peace_love_dance Well, Cassandra likes wandering, correct? Rokunam just happens to be wandering as well, so maybe she could attempt to converse with him. Rokunam isn't stupid of course. Plus, I've been looking for somewhere for him to get some interactions.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zeno3111 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 pm

I was wondering if the private quarters were in the same area as each other?

zeno3111
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HOLYCRAPAGHOST on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am

Je-sus Christo. We're like...inactive for a couple of days and then it blows up and everyone posts. When I work...aaaaalll day. Like seriously, I have to leave for work in a couple of minutes and won't have internet for 9 whole hours.

Anyway. I made a thread for the any and all alien life suggestions and what not.

I can't post yet, but I will try to get one in tonight before bed. I can't promise anything though. I'll try to answer questions on the OOC as much as possible, even if I don't have time to post.

And Zeno, the different private quarters are in different areas of the ship. Some are close to each other, but others are on the other side of the ship.

HOLYCRAPAGHOST
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Centi85 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 pm

For the record, myself and my character, Dedrik, are still here. lol. Haven't gone anywhere and i've been keeping up with the story, just haven't had time at all to post, but then again all he's doing is going to the bridge probably to guard it... Not too much going on there. Anyway, I'll see about getting a post up later, but i have to finish other important stuff first. >.> Blah, really don't want to do other stuff...
"Only after the world is set ablaze may people finally see the light..."
~ Phoenix - The Almighty God of Fire

Centi85
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zeno3111 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 pm

sorry I haven't posted in awhile but my computer has been in retard mode for awhile and I have had to type the same post 5 times now due to my computer refreshing all the time or restarting. :( so I am retyping it and I am going to be sending it in soon.

zeno3111
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:14 am

I have ideas for two characters and the pet of one of those, but it seems unlikely that I’ll get to use them. They’re Firni scouts... Going into unexplored space and meeting people someone on your crew knows is rather unlikely. And if we would choose to ignore probability, it would still take a long time until they could be added to the story.

:/

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 pm

I also wanted to incoperate the Mines in the roleplay a bit, but, that seems unlikely. Also, I think we should have some action start soon, like a pirate attack.

peace_love_dance, when are you going to post?!

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peace_love_dance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Posting now, don't worry...

peace_love_dance
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 am

Heh, nice moment to walk in ^^ .

Random thought: what if there still are people on Earth, and they have forgotten aliens exist?

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:39 am

I have way too much work to do, will post as soon as I can.

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:43 am

Cucumber, I just know you're like.....

"The fuck?!" at this whole situation, aren't you?

Plot twist: Nobody stops Minn and Eddie and they actually bang///SHOT

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ali_rox96 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 am

True, that situation is just getting further and further along and I have no idea where it's going to end

ali_rox96
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cucumbersome on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am

Actually, it’s kinda predictable and I’m not surprised at all, sorry.

My next predictions are:

If they do “bang”, I suppose Minn will feel bad about it and run. Who does she run to?
A) Nobody, she hides, and Saein goes looking for her. Then, see (B).
B) Saein. Who responds with [PLOT TWIST!]
C) The doctor, to ask if there is such a thing as anti-horny pills. Then she seduces the doctor.

Meanwhile, Eddie will angst a lot.

Minn forgets to cook. Everyone gets hungry. Someone else cooks something mediocre. Regina gets stressed out because she doesn’t want to lose the good mechanic who only wants good food, nor does she want to lose the rest of her now unhappy crew.

What I don’t get is what’s with the strawberries. Unless you’re that weirdo I once met who referred to nipples as strawberries.

cucumbersome
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EKRonnie on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 am

I'm kinda just playing with Minn's mind atm
it is kinda...messed up, so i wanted to show it a bit more, but as far as where it will go? uhh...not 100% sure xD
I kinda of just wanted to show just how easily she can revert back to her previous life, which barely ended a week ago so...not very surprising
Butter would not melt in my mouth. Well, it would melt. Of course it would melt, but very slowly.

EKRonnie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Meanwhile, Eddie will angst a lot.

You'd definetly be right. Like, a lot doesn't describe it. I mean, he reacted badly when Minn was scared that he gave off sexual desires... now he actually fulfilled those sexual desires.....

.....the concequences would be....catasrophic.

As for the strawberries. My OCs have always had that fetish since something happened involving strawberries and woman in another RP.

Good times, Good times.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

There's something I don't like about Minn, not too sure what though. I mean, she's a good character, but.... I dunno, maybe I just don't like weak female characters (even though I've played as them before). Oh well, it would have been really awkward if somebody weird like Rokunam had walked in. That'd be hilarious. I still sort of somehow loved the whole sequence (even though I was screaming at the screen as I read it, something I enjoy).

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!