Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Once and Future King: Book One

The Once and Future King: Book One

a part of “The Once and Future King: Book One”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

The veil between the realms of Fae and Man is thinning, and our world once again has need of its greatest king. Enter the reincarnation of King Arthur and his court as they battle dark Fae, Mordred, and their own destiny.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Once and Future King: Book One”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Once and Future King: Book One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 pm

It is quite long but I am rather enjoying the side bar. Works too because as the rest plays out and we have breaks in posting you can toss up pieces of that one :)

Yay for posts!

Welcome Aftershock! (well welcome back that is :) )

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:01 pm

Nice posts. I know I'm slowing the action at the bar but I'm planning the post in my head so far. Sword fighting tonight, hockey last night... I'll get some time soon. Hopefully before the weekend.

In the meantime it has been fun to read where the rest of the story is going.

Welcome Aftershock.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 pm

All good Var. Sword fighting? Ooo tha means when they are figuring out their swords you can actually know what the hell you are doing when you post! Woo!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 pm

I crack myself up when I write for Kat. I don't know why, but she's just so much fun to get into a head space for. Vivienne kinda scares me a bit. Not in the psycho killer kind of why that makes my skin crawl when I write for Mordred, but the "oh shit that chick would eat me alive if I pissed her off" kinda way. XD Anyhoo.

Ooooh sword fighting. Good to know the combat teacher will actually know his stuff then. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:19 pm

Alright...

I am going to put this here. In an effort to get good collaborative posts up (especially since there is a chance that with the three of us in the club we need all three of us to collab) I opened this write pad.

It will show your writing in your selected colour and it saves as we go (for what I can tell)

http://write.roleplaygateway.com/p/VhXOCkP0SR

I will check it everyday and save what we do to a google doc if that will make everyone more comfortable in case we lose something.

So there we go a way for us to collab that isn't via pm which means three or more people writing at once.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Alright then. Seeing all these posts... I felt I should come up with something.

And yes, I know my way around swords, as well as fists. Boxing has also been another type of workout for me.

Bikes as well. I hope I did justice to Arin's.

Last, ordering a spiced ale? Yet another of my hobby interests. I am quite the craft beer geek. I guess the 'write what you know' saying is going to work out just fine for me. :)

I like the write pad idea Skulls. Gives us all a chance to collab when we need to.

Also, I specifically didn't fast forward to Deirdre talking to Arin yet. I know you said you expected for Arin and Arey to interact so I delayed the 1AM conversation for now.

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:49 pm

Yup I specifically posted the big time difference to give Arin and Arey a chance to flirt and talk.

Oh swords, boxing, bikes and beer!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Yup. Add video games and coding and you've just about summed me up.

Mutli levels of geek with just a touch of jock. That's me. ;)

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Well then count me in as a geek too. :)

Great post by the way :) I laughed a couple of times. I can't wait for D, Arin and Arey to interact. lol

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:15 pm

I like to dip my toes in several different pools, the geek and jock ones being a couple of the most frequent.

Anyhoo, lightning fast reply! You caught me on a good night Var ;).

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Well it seems if we drew a Venn diagram we'd all be in the centre. Can't complain about that.

What are your jock type pursuits then? Geek, we obviously share the roleplay, historical knowledge bent. Anything else?

Also, yes, I understand being caught on a good night. Quick posts are the order of the day, apparently. I can't promise this speed of response always, but tonight I got lucky. Maybe you all did too?

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Also, the beer? Yeah, real thing.

http://www.kingarthurssteakhouse.com/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/king-arthu ... ion/36115/

Not being from the NY area, I haven't tried it personally. But it sounds good. There you have it, real beer research into the writing.

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm

That is awesome. Really. Also...kind of want to go stay at that hotel now. And I want to drink that beer.

Woo for tonight and everyone being on!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Yeah. Looks amazing. Someday.

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I did Track and Field for five years, and swam competitively on a team for seven. I'm also a Colts fan (which is kind of a prerequisite in my family anyway.) I also did other off geeky things like comedy sportz, musicals, FFA and french club in high school, so I was kind of all over the place.

Impressed I am Var. All around, you put my geeky side to shame. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Not a competition really. Not trying to shame, just owning up to who I am.

Cool. Track was something I enjoyed in school. I still like to run, but time makes it hard to fit it in. I did want to get my advanced open water diving as well, so yeah, swimming. Not like racing, but I always liked being in the water.

I take it you're from the Indianapolis region? I'm Canadian, so I do understand football, but speak hockey better. :)

And here's the funny bit. Your French club will probably put your French better than mine, even though I'm a canuck. I grew up in deep southern Ontario, so not nearly as much French exposure as other parts of Canada. Now that I'm closer to the border of Quebec I do wish I'd done more French but c'est la vie. ;)

I have enjoyed this quick back and forth. I do need to get to bed at some point though, so I will slow down. Still, I seemed to have one more in me.

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:44 pm

What an interesting Venn diagram we would be...

I don't run but I do swim though never competitive. I am however a certified diver. Dance teacher too. Not nearly as interesting I know but the closest to any sport that I get.

Overlap in that I am Canadian as well and love beer. Also my french not spectacular but took it all through highschool.

Funny bunch of people. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 am

You would be correct, though I'm at Indiana University right now. As for my french.....eh not so much. I took two years of both Spanish and French, but foreign language, despite my interest, has never been my thing. I can read French alright, get the gist of things, but I'm not really good at speaking it.

I played a bit of soccer in my younger days, and I have friends who play Hockey, so I've always been able to understand it in my head as "soccer with sticks", though I know from my lack of coordination with a pair of ice skates that it's much more complicated than that. Very fun and aggressive game to watch though. ;)

I've noticed that my best writing partners tend to be either British or Canadian, interesting trend. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:31 pm

Seems like you keep a good crowd around you. Us canucks can be a friendly bunch.

Dance teacher? Never had the patience to teach much. I'm happy to be helpful to people who want help, but trying to teach kids that may or may not want to be learning... Glad someone can do it though. :)

Yay diving. Something I would have liked to do, but never made the time.

Hockey as soccer with sticks, eh? Hehe. I can see that. Hockey is less about territorial position than soccer though. Much more back and forth. Easier on a smaller area and on skates.

I actually don't skate much but I play ball hockey instead. Same concepts, more running. A lot of fun.

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Yes I am one of those people who teaches other people's children. I teach from toddlers to highschoolers and have even taught adults. I come home covered in well snot more often than anything but some of the kids are so adorable. Some are brats. The cute ones make up for the brats though lol.

Had my certification for a long time in diving but haven't had a chance to do much actual scuba diving sadly :(

Koh-hockey as soccer with sticks is funny. :) I know a few people who would not agree but like Var says it is less about territory than soccer.

Var-Ball hockey? Cool-I dislike running. I have certain...um....body parts that are not conducive to running. Also one of the reasons I was never cut out for professional dancing. :P

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!