Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Once and Future King: Book One

a part of “The Once and Future King: Book One”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

The veil between the realms of Fae and Man is thinning, and our world once again has need of its greatest king. Enter the reincarnation of King Arthur and his court as they battle dark Fae, Mordred, and their own destiny.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Once and Future King: Book One”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 pm

This is a Private roleplay between myself, SkullsandSlippers, and Varxint. I have left a possibility of involvement open via PM request with established or working idea, but please direct all requests or inquiries to PM formatting unless you and your character have been approved for this story.

This is a story planning space for those approved for this story only.
Last edited by Kohananinja on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Re: The Once and Future King: Book One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:36 pm

I will submit all three of the characters-Gwen, Tristan and Yvain shortly.

Can I repost my intro posts from previous incarnation given that they didn't go anywhere? Do you mind at all?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 pm

That's perfectly fine, but I think we might want to hold off on that until Varxint has at least submitted in Lancelot, and I've finished up with Merlin and Kat.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:20 pm

LOL I wasn't thinking now. I was thinking once we were ready to go. :) I am really glad you have gotten this going again.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:31 pm

Well hello. Fancy meeting you here Skulls. ;)

So, I'm working on Lancelot atm. Got a bit of a background and motivation going for him. I'm not the best at physical descriptions of characters, but that's what I'm attempting next. I'll send you what I have Koh, in preview. That way you'll have an idea of where I'm headed and can steer me on path if I'm wandering. :)

Var

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am

Yay!!

So we have a good chunk of the cast. Very exciting. :)

And hi Var!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:43 pm

I imagine Kat is going to be the same as when she briefly appeared before? I am just thinking with Var's Lancelot likely being different from DoD's it should shake up character dynamic's a bit. Not that we got far but thinking ahead to when they finally meet. Still not sure how they are going to handle finding out who they are or their reactions to Arey (especially Deirdre). I am looking forward to seeing that all come about this time.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 am

There were some subtle changes, but for the most part she's the same character. Kat's base profile is up if you wanna take a look.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:45 am

Nice! I like being able to get a picture in my mind of what she looks like. I look forward to her showing up.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Submitted my character. Thanks Koh. Hopefully all the back and forth didn't distract too much from your weekend/homework.

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:33 pm

And he's been accepted. Worry not, I'm a natural procrastinator, so I greatly welcomed the distraction. I also think I'm gonna hold off on posting Merlin's profile for a while, as this is Book One (Focusing on our main characters discovering who they are/training/claiming Excalibur, and dealing with serial killer!Mordred), and our Merlin and and Morgana characters won't be coming into the forefront of the plot until the second story arc. I think I will need to put up a profile for cop!Gawain and Vivienne though at some point.

While we're waiting on my load to lighten and to getting moving on those profiles, let's hash our how we think our main characters are going to react to each other, since our Arthur, Gwen, and Lance are all up now for each other to view.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 pm

For Gwen it is really going to depend on how they meet and how it is presented to her. I can see her being really upset. I mean a big subset of people think that Guinevere is the biggest bitch in the world. Others that she was the perfect woman. She was neither but only Deirdre will really know that (once she knows who she is)

Toying with the thought that seeing Lance and Arthur, as they are now that she might just try and go away, the idea that if she can let them have each other, be together and not cause tension it would be better in the end for everyone. So she might have a moment where she tries to leave.

See will think Arin is attractive, that whole isolated girl meets bad boy thing. Obviously more attraction than that.

Not sure what to the reaction to Arey will be. Depends on the situation though. Depends on how they meet and other people around.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:23 pm

I think Arey will be pretty similar in that respect, though I've also always envisioned her as being super in-denial about the whole thing. At first I think she'd just scoff and brush it off, but the more evidence that piled up forcing her to accept the possibility that what's being told to her is true, the more flighty and aggressively blind to it she'd become.

I kind of saw this immediate attraction with Arin happening before any of them are aware of who the other is, and a casual acquaintance from school with Deirdre that occasionally lead to awkward thoughts. (Ex: "Bloody hell, I'm not attracted to girls, why do I keep having the urge to touch her hair?!) I always see Arey as acting really awkward, in a funny way, around Dei because of this, but that's just my thought process here.

Afterwards, we'll have to see, but it will be fun to play out.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:33 pm

I was thinking along the same lines as Deirdre and Arey being odd around each other. The big thing is once she knows who she is Deirdre is going to see that if she was the wedge between Arthur and Lancelot in the past she can't be that here. She would fight the attraction, the desire to be near them both. She'd fight it tooth and nail because she doesn't want to be the version of Guinevere that people hate for messing things up. She'd want to let Arey and Arin be together in hopes of changing the past.

It wouldn't feel natural but it would feel like the right thing to do. She is also going to have a very hard time finding her place in all this. Many stories paint Guin as a bitch, many like a victim of her heart;wanting both men. Sometimes she is nothing but Arthur's weakness and Lanclot's doom not good for much else.

Have to see how we do the introductions and learning about their pasts.

I agree Deirde and Arey would have seen each other in classes but not really know each other. They would need to get to know each other and Deirdre would believe in Arey but won't know why exactly.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:57 pm

I think at first Arin has it easiest. He's using his position at the bar to try and find the reincarnation of Guin. He treats women very respectfully but does flirt with and bring home his share as he's hoping to find Guin and build on that initial meeting. He won't suspect Arthur would be a girl in this incarnation. If either or both of them come into the bar he'd be attracted to both. It wouldn't be until he learned who Arey is that he would get confused. If he met Arey first and there was an intrinsic connection he may even assume she is Guin first.

The order of the meeting will make a difference and if they meet before they find out who they are. I can see a more irresistible attraction between Deidre and Arin. Where he would try to hook up with Arey because she was pretty and then feel a sort of connection with her, I can see Deidre and Arin almost not being able to stop a hook up, especially if they meet before Deidre finds out.

He would struggle with the idea that he was in the position of the Guin of the past now. He knows that Lancelot and Guinevere are supposed to be together. However, the idea that his best friend is now a women who he's quite attracted to would throw off his entire plan.

I can see some awkward moments when Arin was with both women. Especially if Kat were around as she would probably know Arin's plan etc. I don't think he would just let Deidre leave.

I think the legends would sell Guinevere's contributions short. Most women had very important diplomatic roles historically, but were often left out of the major legends because battles are always more exciting to retell. I can definitely see Guin being responsible for keeping the other lords and knights allied with Arthur. I expect the diminished role that Deidre feels she has will be only in her head.

varxint
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Order and initial idea of set up would be good to figure out. Of note too D is likely to have gone into the nightclub being the dancer/party girl she is trying to be.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:09 pm

If feel like Arey would feel confused on both ends regardless once she's forced to accept who she really is. In a way, Arthur loved both Lance and Guin too, just in different ways, but there's a residual feeling of betrayal that is associated with them now too. Arey already has a hard enough time trusting people as it is, so trying to navigate relationships on any kind (whether we're talking friendship or romantic or both) with people who bring out flashes of strong emotion that isn't even her own, is something that I can see being suffocating for her. It may also work to make her vulnerable in plot progressing ways.

Arey isn't really a party girl by nature, but she does enjoy socializing with her friends and teammates, so I'd say she isn't new to the college bar scene either, though perhaps Galaxy could be the weekend's new party destination for both Arey and Dei's set of friends.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 am

So how do we want to set things up to start then? We previously had it start at the school with the chaos of Lance, Merlin and Kay learning who they were and helping Arthur.

How shall we move things here? Do you have a starting point in mind Koh?

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:01 pm

My initial thought for this time, was to start us off on a Friday afternoon. Classes getting out and starting at Ambrose campus could lead to interaction an lead up for our characters at University, and a scene between Viv, Arin and Kat as a kind of character introduction/set up for later that evening. Making it a Friday night means Arin would defiantly be on shift, and Arey and Dei would likely be going out with friends, which would allow for some initial meeting/interaction there as well. It also gives me a chance to introduce some of the more sinister Unseelie that have been leaking through the veil, as I kind of got the idea for something there later on in the scene that should be interesting to watch play out.

What are your thoughts about that?

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 pm

That works I will modify my previous posts. I want to keep Tim and Deirdre meeting in the student union and Deirdre going out so that all fits. I will post the stuff for Mina too cause...well it is there so why not. Bring Tim and Mina to their evenings and keeps them to the side. It brings Deirdre and her friends out partying.

So intros (at the school-wrapping up for the day and heading home) then moving onwards to partying at the club.

Do I have that correct?

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!