Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Once and Future King: Book One

The Once and Future King: Book One

a part of “The Once and Future King: Book One”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

The veil between the realms of Fae and Man is thinning, and our world once again has need of its greatest king. Enter the reincarnation of King Arthur and his court as they battle dark Fae, Mordred, and their own destiny.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Once and Future King: Book One”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Once and Future King: Book One

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Yup, I think that's how we should play it. I'll message you some of the details for the paper's police report on the Carrie Connor's murder as well, since I remember that being mentioned in your post last time as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Yes I did because her mom texts about it, she and her roommate make mention of it and Tim and another law student talk about it being in the paper.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:09 pm

So Also whilst we're waiting to get going, I though I'd post some song links that make me think of our characters or their possible relationships to each other that we've discussed so far. Feel free to do the same. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZHKW2XeGl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vrlwu_2s2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY50ZptRC5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRU2mEW7Qdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaZMST-vHfM

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm

I like the plan for the start. Seems like a great way to get characters interacting.

I like the song list. I've a few to add in a slightly different bent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4_v6zkp17E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGa4uO6wZQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1Nhhp5uYA

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Nice songs Var.

You guys have very different tastes but I can see how the songs fit.

I tend to put songs in my posts if I feel they fit with how a character is feeling at the time. For instance D's music as she is walking will reflect her mood.

I will however give some thought to overall character sort of theme songs.

I am away tomorrow and most of Thursday. If posting happens which I am not sure on Koh's timeline given school and all (also not rushing, just being complete) I will get my posts up either Thursday night or Friday.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Alrighty, I put up Arey's introduction post. Feel free to post at your leisure. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:32 am

Kohaninja, you beautiful person! Glad to see this up and running again. I was disappointed when it died down last time. Mind if I join in, reclaim Morgana?

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 am

Shoot me a PM and we'll talk.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:14 am

So Koh I am going to edit the post to have D just finish her classes and head home to get ready to go out. That way if you want to post for Kat or Viv you can and it let's Var set an intro post for Arin. The next post I will have her go to the club :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DustAndEchoes on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am

Hey, just peeking in! I like this concept, reminds me of the old school Gargoyles cartoons. I was wondering if anyone had called dibs on Kay, yet, and if playing types of fae later in the story was going to be a thing. :3

DustAndEchoes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:42 am

Ooooo! I actually had a question concerning the Fae. I'd like some time to go over my Mythos and make up a character to suit, but still. May I, with impish delight, reserve that merry wanderer of the night?

Okay, yeah, no rhyming. May I reserve Puck, please? I figure at some point he may have escaped the gaze of Oberon and maybe has been hiding amongst the ever-amusing monkeys he favored so. Again, I need a bit to get everything I need, but I'd love to play that role.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 am

DustAndEchoes: We currently do not have a Sir Kay character, so if you are interested, you may send me a PM with your character concept, and we can discuss it.

Raidose: Unfortunately, there is already a "Puck" character in the world mythos for this story, though in this series, he's not really an active character yet. The Fae mythos for this story is a combination of canon Celtic lore, and my own creation for the series of stories I'm writing. This particular arc of my series, focuses more on the reincarnations of King Arthur and his court. Though the Fae are involved with the story, Book One centers on the introduction of characters, claiming Excalibur, and stopping Serial Killer Mordred from terrorizing New York City. Book Two and Three, will be much more involved with the Fae. If you still have a character idea you'd like to work with, please send me a PM of your character concept, and I will review it.

For Future Reference: This is a Private roleplay between myself, SkullsandSlippers, and Varxint. I left the possibility of involvement open via PM request for those with an established or working idea only. Please direct all further requests or questions to me via PM unless you and your character have been approved for this story.

Thank you all for your interest, I just wanted to reiterate the rules here to keep the OOC thread a story planning space, and not a character one. :)
Last edited by Kohananinja on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DustAndEchoes on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:15 am

Ooookay, well, so's you know, your RP popped up on the front page, and there's no obvious indication that it is, in fact, a private thing. So... sorry to trouble you, and for future reference you may want to put that one in big bold letters up at the top or in the title, itself.

I'mma bow out. S'been my experience that trying to come into Private RP's means that, since I wasn't originally written into "the in-crowd" story that I get awkwardly shoe-horned in or disregarded entirely. Not saying you would, but yeah, now that you mention it, it does seem like I'd end up being a fifth wheel.

DustAndEchoes
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:27 am

I had it up in the rules, but I think your right in that it doesn't show up as well as I'd like. You're still welcome to submit a character, I just didn't want requests coming into the ooc thread. I made the story Private this time, as this is a reboot of a former story I ran last year that died due to writer inactivity and too many people involved without a centered plan.

Part of my way to remedy that this time is to have tighter control of the story by coming in with a small core group that i've worked with before and trust, as well as have one-on-one planning with all writers submitting new characters via PM. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was yelling at anyone, I just wanted to make it noticeable in the OOC so people would know.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby varxint on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:11 am

Arin's started his day. Getting a bit more in his head. Should be an interesting fellow.

varxint
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 am

Alrighty, I got another post up. Hopefully that lets everyone interact quickly and move things along to the evening.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:47 pm

I posted with Deirdre at the club but left a large chunk of time (basically 10-1:00 am) where she is dancing, chatting with other bartender so that Arin and Arey have a chance to talk a few times, etc.

By 1 she is looking to talk to the other bartender and can't find him...hence getting Arin's attention. She is going to ask where he is.

I just wanted to give lots of time for there to be interaction between the two and anything else that goes on at the club.

So yeah...there is that.
Other two posts going up soon.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Yay posting! I'm really enjoying the Kat Tim side story going on here too! :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:09 am

Poor Tim lol.

That will be a fun post once it is done.

I have a feeling Arin/Arey are going to be a fun read too. Then we add D to the mix and who knows what else in the club and tada! lol

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Yeah, I put the first half of the mega post up, because seriously it's getting huge, but also because it's seriously hilarious and needed to be shared.

Also, Aftershock has been approved to join the team as our Merlin character, so feel free to welcome him to the team! :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!