Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

a part of “The Once and Future King”, a fictional universe by Kohananinja.

The veil between the realms of Fae and Man is thinning, and our world once again has need of its greatest king. Enter the reincarnation of King Arthur and his court as they battle dark Fae, Mordred, and their own fate.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Once and Future King”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Once and Future King

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby noonshine on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:31 am

oh...wait, no reservations. Ignore ^^ XD
There is not a single thing more potent than the written word

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

noonshine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 am

Merlin's taken by yours truely. Sorry Love.
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby noonshine on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 am

tis fine, malice

noonshine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:32 am

Hello noonshine.

Koh, I am comtemplating making a second character, one of the other knights.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:39 am

Sounds great Skulls, I'm looking forward to seing what you come up with. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daughterofdon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:54 am

Jay Baruchel... yes! Koh, you're precisely right.

Aftershock, Aiden can definitely share the apartment with Louis. You do know that Lancelot and Morgan le Fay have an interesting history in the legends? I love it their reincarnations will be roomies.

I think I will have Sir Kay be older and so he won't be living with them. I'll leave that space open for another person, could be a girl too if anyone is interested.

daughterofdon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Glad you agree, I just thought it fit so well :)

I can't wait to see what you guys cook up for a first post! In particular, Aiden and I were talking about starting it off with a Chem class in the morning, so any other Ambrose Students, feel free to jump in the class.

I'm also working on a basic Fae directory for everyone to see what kinds of Fae we will be encountering here, and what their M.O.'s are.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:19 pm

The Fae:

Seelie: The light court of Fae, and supposedly the “Good” ones, though humans should be cautioned that no Fae truly regards humans with much respect or concern. Mostly the Seelie do not bother with this world, and are content to mind their own business on their side of the veil. They are not however, above kidnapping or harming humans if they feel it is justified for the great good of the Fae, and one should never make deals with them.

Unseelie: The dark court of Fae that was imprisoned in another Fae realm after the last Fae Civil War. Where the Seelie are mostly indifferent towards humans, the Unseelie feed off of them. Thousands of years ago, before their imprisonment, there was a movement among the Unseelie to enslave human kind to better ensure their food source. Fortunately, this plan also involved a plot by the Fae King Savine to harness the Gleaming as a power source, and war between the Seelie and Unseelie broke out over it, leaving our world scared, but free afterward. That was also part of the reason Ghadreal created the Veil, as a sort of thin protection for our world.

The Shadow Court: The shadow court refers to the Fae who have chosen to stay in our world quietly, and have broken away from the other two courts. They do not bow to the authority of the Seelie or Unseelie, though they also tend to be weaker, or peace lving creatures that played no major part in the Fae Civil Wars. Those Few Court Fae who have joined the Shadow Court are more free than most, but are also more limited for it. They do not have the same connection the Faery and it’s abundant magic like other court Fae, though they are still most powerful than any magic user one might find on earth.

The Gleaming: The fourth and most powerful aspect of the Fae, the Gleaming the power and magic that encompasses all things in both our world and Faery. Most Fae give a certain godlike reverence to the Gleaming, and indeed the closest concept that has ever evolved in human culture that could be comparable in the Hindu belief in Brahmin. The Source of the Gleaming itself has been locked aware in a separate Fae realm by the great Fae Ghadreal to keep it safe and untouched by any Fae attempting to harness its power for themselves.

The Court Fae: Court Fae is a general term for the ruling class of Fae from either court. In appearance, they look human, but blindingly more perfect. They also tend to have an alluring and hypnotizing effect on pure humans when they do not control themselves. In ancient history, many of these Fae were mistaken as Gods when they roamed our world, and their magic is the greatest of all Fae. With the exception of the few court Fae who joined the Shadow Court, seeing these kinds of Fae in our world is rare.

Brownies: These creatures are the most helpful to humans of all Fae. They are not much bigger than the size of a rat, but they look almost like small people. They tend to be very meticulous in nature, and are always neatly dressed and groomed. They tend to be what one would describe as a “type A” personality, but are very loyal to the house they take up residence in. They especially like homes with mothers with babies, and often those are the homes you will find Brownies in. Brownies act as small housekeepers, doing small things around the home that can’t be explained in the morning, and also providing a kind of magical protection from other Fae. Shades and Boggarts can’t enter the homes a Brownie has taken residence in, and a Brownie will fight viciously against one if it is in the new home it chooses to take residence in. If your home does not already have a Brownie, the easierst way to attract one is to leave gifts of honey and cream out for them on your door step or table. Some Brownies have been known in recent years to also have a taste for chocolate and peanut butter, so if traditional lures do not work, one should try those.

Boggarts: A kind of Unseelie that feeds on fear. Only active at night, boggarts hide in dark corners of homes or building, especially ones with children, and take on the form of what most terrifies the human’s they come in contact with. Eventually, most boggarts move on to other homes after a while, but if you have a persisting problem with boggarts, one needs to attract a Brownie to their home.

Greenmen: These creatures are the keepers of the forests, and guardians of the trees. Mostly harmless, the Greenmen go unnoticed by most, but see many things. They act as the great gardeners of the Forests, or any other green place they take up residence. A wise man however, consults the Greenmen before cutting down a tree in their care, for they are known to send wicked luck your way otherwise. Technically part of the shadow court, due to their continued presence in this world, though they are quite loyal to the Seelie.

Succubus/Incubuses: Type of Unseelie that feeds off the sexual energies of their partners. These creatures use glamour to change their appearance to suit the hidden desires of their target, and like court Fae can give off hormones that make them especially attractive to humans, though not nearly on the same level. Mostly, they are content to use seduction as a way to obtain nightly partners, but if a Succubus or Incubus has been starved from sex too long, they will resort to rape in order to feed. They are also prone to obsession when it comes to their targets, and have been known to stalk them for up to a month if necessary. This supposedly heightens the experience. They are especially drawn to powerful souls, and those with Fae blood, as they tend to have a naturally higher energy level than normal humans.

Pixies: Small, often iridescent, winged creatures, pixies are what come to most people’s minds when they think of Faeries. Pixies are woodland creatures, much like the Greenmen, though where Greenmen are exclusively interested in the forest’s plant life, Pixies care for the animals. They are also exceedingly fond of small children, which is why some can see them. Children should not be allowed near pixies alone however, as there have been cases of pixies becoming too fond of them, and carrying them off to their forests, and once a child (or anyone for that matter) has eaten food from a pixie or Faery realm, they are bound to them for life and cannot leave. Pixies are also one of the few Fae who can pass through the veil between man and Fae freely, though even they cannot penetrate the inner seal of the Unseelie prison realms. With the exception of their occasional well-meaning child snatching, pixies are mostly harmless to humans, and belong to the shadow court due to their continued presence in our world, though they have been known to run messages for the Seelie Court as well.

Shades: A type of Unseelie imprisoned in the outer rings of the prison, so at a high risk of passing through the veil. Shades are Fae that have no real corporeal form on their own, but rather take on the human form of the dead. They are creatures who feed on the suffering and grief of humans, which is why they return in the guise of the dead. Their favorite prey are grieving widows and mothers who have lost their sons to war. They will however, target anyone who had experienced a great loss in their life to torment, and feed upon their victims' very essence. Prolonged exposure to these creatures can drive a victim to kill themselves, and shades who are starved my even accelerate this process more. They do not like the scent of flowers, so having them in the house can deter their visits. It also keeps them away from funerals, hence the tradition.

This is a basic directory of Fae. I'll add more as necessary as the story goes on.
Last edited by Kohananinja on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby noonshine on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Srry for the incomplete cp Koh. I had to dash off somewhere and faced losing what id written. I would resume writing, but if you don't think he'll fit the plot......

noonshine
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Posted. Hope the flashback is alright.

Dod, love your post for Louis. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Looks good Skulls! Would Sir Tim here happen to be the other knight character you were thinking of playing?

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Possibly. Sort of what I am hoping so I figured a good way to put him in there and if it isn't, well NPC. He is what I had in mind for my knight. He just isn't flushed out yet. I think we need a few more males. I do think a cop is a good idea too which is something else I was toying with, hence not fully committing to Tim yet.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am

And I've put out a quick post for my character Katrina Guerro, who is a particular kind of bag full of interesting. I did not put up a profile for this character (just like I have not put one up for Mordred, and likely won't for a few others later on) because I like for them to be a kind of enigma in the begining stages for more authentic reation and puzzle solving. I may put up a profile for her later, once she's (and others) have become more established in the story and no longer have that whole myster effect going on. Hope you guys like her, because she cracks me up to write for. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:32 am

Daughterofdon, indeed they do! We'll need to sort out which version of events we'd be using, so that any flashbacks don't clash.

Kohaninja, have you read the Spooks Apprentice? Are boggarts like the boggarts used there?

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:13 am

Alas I have not, though I suppose it will be something i need to put on my reading list now. I just sort of went off of traditional descriptions of boggarts i've come across in the Mythlore section at my Univerity's library and jumbled it together with what would make sense regarding low level Fae for this story's mythos.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:49 am

Well I can just give you a quick run down on the different types of bogarts present in the Spooks, and you can decide whether or not you'd like to use them. I've ordered them in power/danger, though I believe some boggarts can progress from one type to the other as they grows in power or aggression. Within Spooks lore, all boggarts are invisible, though hairy boggarts may choose to be seen in a certain form.

Whistlers
The most docile of the boggarts, whistlers simply make a whistling noise, as their name suggests, or other such noises. Often based in chimneys or other such dark nooks and crannies, they only want to cause a little trouble and frighten people, and will usually leave when bored.

Hall Knockers.
A mischievous form of boggart that likes to cause trouble in the household, they'll bang pots, break glass, open and close doors, and generally be nuisances. Not usually dangerous, they simply get a kick out of inspiring fear. The danger starts when they move on to being a stone chucker.

Stone Chuckers
More dangerous than the hall knockers, stone chuckers like to throw things around rather than just making noise. These things can be as small as a pebble or cup, or as large as a boulder or fridge. Often they can simply be talked to and convinced to move somewhere that it won't hit anyone, and can chuck rocks around to it's hearts content, but once they develop a taste for violence they are extremely dangerous and unpredictable.

Rippers/Bone Crushers
Perhaps the most dangerous of the boggarts. Rippers usually start off feeding on rats and cats, or other such small animal life. However they may move up to dogs and cattle, and at this point are called Cattle Rippers. Once they acquire a taste for human blood though, they become full blown Rippers, and are extremely dangerous. Bone Crushers are simply Rippers that enjoy feeding on bone marrow rather than blood, and will crush a preys bones to get at it.

Hairy Boggarts
Hairy boggarts are the most intelligent of the boggarts, and arguably more dangerous, yet far more useful than Rippers. Hairy boggarts take on the shape of different animals, such as dogs, cats, birds, or horses. They enjoy the taste of human blood, and are extremely territorial. However, they can be either hostile or friendly, or a mix of both. Deals can be made with hairy boggarts, wherein they guard a certain area or property. They become very loyal and protective, and will not allow harm to come to those who live in it's domain while they are there. The danger comes in that they may destroy anything in their domain that they aren't familiar with, or do not think is permitted to be there.

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Very interesting, but I think I'll stick with the Boggarts I have for now.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:06 pm

Alright, going to try and work on the them tonight...I am thinking of taking on two more characters if that is alright Koh.

Sir Yvain(Ywain) will be Tim and I am thinking about Sir Tristan but as a woman.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Perfectly acceptable! I look forward to seeing your characters Skulls. If anyone else would like to make a second or thrid character as well, please feel free. :)

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am

Oh darn it! I forgot to mention earlier, but for anyone who is interested, Kat is fifteen, which may change how our characters react to her.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!