Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dark War

The Squad's Name and FAQ.

a part of “Dark War”, a fictional universe by Order Knight.

The Legionnaire Mercenary Organization has missions for your perusal. Join today and make an effort to change the face of the world!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dark War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Squad's Name and FAQ.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Order Knight on Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:37 pm

I notice nobody suggested any other names for the squad, so I understand it might be a bit difficult to work that into the main gameplay. As such, Klein has provided you sheets of paper at the podium to write down, anonymously, the Squad's name, as well as any questions or downright bastardly comments you may have for the man.

Squad Name Choices:
Frighteners = 1
Warblades = 1
Black Templar = 2
Fighting Mongooses = 1
Demons of War = 1

FAQ;
Q: When do we get paid? Can we use this currency to buy equipment and upgrades?
A: You will be paid after each job, usually in a weeks time. Some jobs will have advance pay that you can spend before doing the work if need be. As for purchasing upgrades and the like, that can be handled through me. Just come and tell me what you want, and I will contact our engineers and science laboratories.

Q: How will our name impact the world?
A: Our chosen name has many purposes. It is for record keeping, in addition to being something easier for people to remember and request than "LMO Team 2175-XXT." Our name will also be known to our enemies in time. With more success, comes more notoriety. Some cases with the Frighteners, the enemy surrendered before we even arrived on site. To put it simply, our name is who we are. The Frighteners have long since disbanded, and whether we take up that name anew, or don a new title, the world will come to know, fear, and respect us.

Q: Why are we on assignment here? When do we get to do alot of killing? Why do we need a name?
A: The mercenary unit is only having its first assignment here. As time goes on, we will be relocated many times to various theaters. If you are concerned enough about your kill count to want to find someplace more populated, then you are in the wrong field of work. Pay is not decided by kills. The unit requires a name to differentiate itself from the other units, as well as to make ourselves known to the world at large. As stated above, LMO Team 2175-XXT does not serve to make us individuals.
-Note: You would do well to have more respect. And clean up your handwriting, this is an army, not preschool.
Last edited by Order Knight on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Order has returned to the galaxy.

The Star Crusade has begun.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Order Knight
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Squad's Name and FAQ.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renssaerene on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:26 pm

As for name choices: Blades, Swift Cuts, Warblades.

Questions: None at the moment.

Edit(10/12/10): Josh: Why the hell couldn't you have sent us somewhere cooler? With like, lots of chances to kill people, eh? Why? And what the hell is with that stupid name? This NOT Halo! And also, for Christ's sakes man, don't you dare put me on any sort of weakass brigade. I am NOT weak. - Anonymous
Last edited by Renssaerene on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Renssaerene
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Name choices: Klein's Vindacators, Blood Angels, or Black Templars

Questions: When do we get paid? Can we use this currency to buy/upgrade our current equipment?
Heresy you say? That brother is a matter of perception.

Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noble Actual on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Name choices: my vote is with Black Templars.

Questions: How will what we're called impact the world, exactly? I kinda have a clue of how but I wanna know what you had in mind.

Noble Actual
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Name: The Fighting Mongooses. Why? Because we'll latch on tight to a target and not let down until it's dead.

Questions: How many toes does Colonel Klein really have? (No, that wasn't serious. I have no questions.)

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I do not vote for any of these names, in the spirit of Icland, simply because Rachell would start to laugh the moment she had to try and take these seriously.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 pm

The Demons of War.

For if war is hell, then we must be the demons.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

These names are a bit ludicrous, but perhaps they will work. If not, then I have a few suggestions: The Intimidators, The Liberators, Reapers/Reavers.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Storm Chaser on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:08 pm

I vote black templar
I am back and am deeply sorry I have been away for so long.

Storm Chaser
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!