Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Strange (OOC/Signup forever accepting)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Strange (OOC/Signup forever accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:29 pm

This is the interest check http://www.roleplaygateway.com/idea-strange-land-strange-customs-and-strange-people-t13180.html

Okay, well, this is what I call an anarchic RP or a sandbox RP. I am not god of this RP, I can create scenarios but then again, so can you. Anything I can do, you can do. UNLESS for some reason things get out of control in the most extreme sense.

This RP is going to about an alternate universe, some might enjoy calling it a parallel universe, whatever floats your boat. Or sinks your boat. As that is what this RP is about, whatever you want. The main idea is that your character somehow ends up in this alternate universe (The means by which you arrive are fully up to you). This alternate universe is going to be whacky, crazy, zany, and just outright strange. In this land, your purpose is what you make it. You will try to find a way out of the universe and back to your own. Or not. You will befriend strange beings and have zany under water tea parties. Or not. It shall rain squids over a brightly colored city in which it is a sin to say "fish sticks." Or not. You will be imprisoned for drinking too much chocolate milk. Or not. You can do just about anything. Or not.

Now, every RP has rules. These are the rules to my RP:

1. No saying the words "Too much" and "videogames" in the same sentence without being preceded by a "There is no such thing as."
2. Each character must run into an NPC named Gaylord or Maynard (Nah, I kid)
3. Please no one liners. I do not require novels though, just decent posts.
4. NO God-modding. If I catch this happening to any extent, I will thow a squid at you.
5. No cheese stick shamans.

Okay, now, for the membrane of the RP. This is a very sick membrane. Which means that it has lost its selective permeability. It basically allows for anything. Here we go:

-- If you create Godly powers, thats fine. But you can't use said powers against other characters without permission. Fry all the NPC's you want, however

-- Don't blow up cities where other characters are without permission.

-- You will be in the real universe the first post and by the end of that first post, you'll have to be in the alternate universe.

-- You will have to make up town names and such. Remember, each town is different. I'm saying that like, in one city, saying "fish sticks" may be a sin but that doesn't mean its a sin around that universe. Just in that city or a few cities. Things are different everywhere. The RP is about strange stuff.

-- This RP will hopefully provoke extreme character building as your characters will be put in strange situations and tested constantly. or not.

-- Do ANYTHING! But don't forget how you got there, what your cause is etc etc. Don't let the story get choppy! Choppy stories make me want to go dungeon master on yo face!

-- Have fun or else.

Character sheet:

Name: (Please put a name here)
Age: (Any age. I suggest staying within 4 digits though. Typing 353888455343 is annoying)
Race: (ANY race. Or make up your own)
Gender: (Male or Female. Or you can be like bacteria and not have a gender. I don't care if you're a hermaphrodite etc, anything)
Appearance: (Description or a pic or both. Please not neither..)
Bio: (Very optional)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Strange (OOC/Signup forever accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Sounds... Interesting.

Name: Kianne Nolan
Race: Human (Tigerfairian)
Appearance: Image

I'm screaming I love you so

But my thoughts you can't decode.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TFairy
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Name: Zeta
Race: Land-dwelling octopus-esk thing, able to communicate with humans on a parallel type of intelligence. It's called a Feske.
Appearance: Something like this.
Bio: She's had a pretty dull life (school, parents, friends---dumb teenage girl stuff) until she had a run-in with a large, glowing, hovering prism. Everything remotely interesting in her life will start with my first post. So yeah.

Name: Eta
Race: Smart Raptor
Appearance: This. But he's wearing a militaristic uniform resembling this one.
Bio: Similar to Zeta. Except he's been in religion/military/government school since he was 4 and a half.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:09 pm

Name: Sheila Draseth
Age: 62 (Undine live roughly 4 times as long as humans, so about she is young by Undine standards)
Race: Undine
Bio: I won't reveal much here but her father, Relin Draseth, is the ruler of the seas. However, Sheila lived as every other Undine lived because its not in Undine culture to promote special treatment.

Name: Corpus Sith
Race: Human
Bio: Also won't reveal much here, but Corpus is a bored young man who basically just googles his name all day and memorizes obnoxious amounts of riddles.
--------------------------------------------

Cool characters! I'll get started when 2 more people join :D

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 am

Name: Eric Dreydon
Race: Kizaran

Appearance: Kizarans, oddly enough, look almost exactly like normal humans save for a few small differences. Their ears are pointed, though not so extreme as an elf, and their eyes come in a much wider array of colors such as red, violet, or pink... yes pink. Kizara's gravity is more intense than earth, so seeing tall Kizarans with huge frames and builds is rare, but not completely unheard of. This also makes them a deal stronger and faster than normal humans when put in similar situations. Eric is not a large man, standing at a mere five feet with the physique of a fairly athletic human teenager. His hair is a dirty blond color reaching down to the middle of his back, and usually kept in a ponytail, and his eyes are a near luminous flaming orange. Eric can usually be seen wearing a red duster with some kind of plain white or black shirt, loose fitting jeans, and steel toed boots. Hanging from his belt is an ornate longsword made of a translucent, glass-like metal that has a dull fire burning within it, and on the other side what looks like it could be a pistol.

Powers: Kizarans have the ability to manipulate the energy around them, and within their own bodies to varying degrees and for different purpose depending on what bloodline they originated from. Eric is a powerful pyrokinetic, that is to say he can translate the energy around him and within his own body into heat or fire, or bend existing fire to his will. A quirk of his particular power is that he can only translate his energy into fire... nothing else. That being said, his power over fire is known to be particularly potent, even against other fire users, or fire based beings.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:21 am

Can I count for two people because I'm so awesome? I'm already brimming with ideas. It's kind of like having to pee really bad and the next bathroom is 100 miles away. :P

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

Dude...its like a "Godmoders arena" only with out the Godmoding. SWEET!

Name: Diluss Van Eden
Species: Human?
Apperance: On the way
Bio: Or Not

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colossal Hound on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Name: Boris 'Grizz' Aleksandr
Race: Russian
Appearance: 6'3" 235lbs. Shaved dark brow hair. Left eye frosty brown with cataracs, Right eye cristal clear bright brown. Back, chest, arms and legs covered in tattoos. Under the right eye a black hammer and sickle.
Bio: As a Lt. Col. in the USSR Army at the time of the second world war Grizz learned to shoot with deadly presision from his mother a highly trained woman sniper in the first world war. His rifle was his fathers who was killed by a german high comander.
"The ground around me trembles as I walk over head.
My cannons light the sky around me, sending sound waves that bald the trees around me.
My opponents fear me, hate me and long to destroy me!
My squad respects me, my speed and my destructive capabilities.
Death walks beside me ready to bring those I kill into his fold.
He forces them to watch as i kill their friends, their squad, their brothers."

I AM COLOSSAL HOUND

Colossal Hound
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Good characters, everyone! I can't wait to start! And lol Xian, you may count as three people for using that comparison :D I'll write the IC right now

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Name:Netormat
Race:Retalic
Appearance:6 foot tall Lizard man with green eyes and Skin made of Metal and he has almost no muscles and has a tail that can think for itself and is 3 feet long and is called BoB dEsTrOyeR oF BuNnIeS
Bio:Are you kidding I would never disgrace Netty with a bio I ought to slap you for even hinting that I would
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:24 pm

*guards face* Errr... Nice character! Detsroyer of bunnies, cool, I'm the destroyer of bunnies in world of warcraft.

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 am

Name: Klarth Garnda Fuhlier
Trivia Bio: Comes from a long line of oddly named people, ancestry spans across all over the world.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:16 am

I like the name, try to say it out loud five times fast :lol: Post whenever you want :D

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:54 am

I like the name, try to say it out loud five times fast :lol: Post whenever you want :lol:

Oh I will . . .I will . . . :twisted:

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Looking for more for the IC, anyone else?

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Death jr. on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:46 pm

^_^ I'm home...*licks everyone*

Name: Fluffy
Race: phluffi
Appearance:
Bio: Was once a boy, but when thrown through the portal was transformed into the combination of all of his imagaination. Phluffis can multiply, and have a healing factor. They can basically eat and digest anything.
"...Lift every voice and scream, until we destroy everything. Disgusted with harmony, Fuck liberty..."
Prepare for the revolution. Prepare for war. Prepare for Anarchy

Death jr.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm going to have nightmares now :shock: Welcome to The Strange! Post anytime you want. :D

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Death jr. on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:21 pm

Beware the phluffis...i hear they bite XD

Death jr.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .The-Literate-Angel. on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Name: Jasmine Valentine
On the far right.
Bio: Jasmine is the overly trusting one. She is the one who leads them into dangerous situations and loves soft and fluffy things or things that seem overly cute. She is the oldest of fraternal twins. She is hyperactive.

Name: Jade Valentine
In the middle.
Bio: Jade is the mistrusting one. She is the one leads the two out of dangerous situations and she doesn't like strangers or things that are to cute their dangerous. She hates getting her sister out of her situations, but she can be easily won over by things that seem normal. She is the placid one.

{A rp made for me! Thank you very much. :3}

.The-Literate-Angel.
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!