Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Utopian Arcanum Wars (IC, Players Wanted)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Utopian Arcanum Wars (IC, Players Wanted)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:25 am

The planet of Kyn is in terrible strife. Two warring nations, the Talnak Republic and the Kyn'tul Union, are at each other's throats. Groups of independant fighters now line the outlying islands of each Nation, praying for peace but forced to fight for their own survival. In this world are several talented individuals, strangers all, who will influence the happenings of Kyn and determine the fate of all who inhabit it...

((The OOC is here. Sign up!))

The hustle and bustle of the small Talnak city of Greyel was just part of everyday life. Merchants went to and fro around the main street, buying and selling goods of various sizes and prices. The city was not very far from Central, so it got most of the positive traffic entering and exiting the city. The only thing that was not part of every day activity was the small floating orb of light that hovered a couple meteres off the ground in the middle of the market. Everyone kept their distance, murmuring and pointing at it. Some people began mumbling about a new Union weapon that would be used against them. The orb of light began to crackle and radiate a blue glow, shooting tendrils of energy that lashed out every which way, growing larger and longer by the minute.
People shrieked and ran while armed and amored Talnak military men marched swifty past them in the opposite direction, pointing thier high powered weapons at the focal point of light and heat. The orb continued to grow, becoming more unstable and violent as it became larger. A bright blue light filled the market place, the focal point illuminating the small city like a minature sun.
"Hold your fire men," the commanding officer said. "We don't know what it's capable of!"
Suddenly the large orb pulsed once, then combusted, dispersing light and heat across the entirety of the market street, forcing many of the soldiers to shield thier eyes, and knocking some of them onto their asses with the resulting shockwave. Dust was kicked up from the force of the orb combusing, shrouding the entire area in obscurity.
"What the-" one of the soldiers said, squinting into the screen of particles.
Where the focal point of all the blue light once was now stood a young man who looked to be in his early twenties with blue hair and blue eyes. His garb was out of the ordinary, and a long scarf flowed from his neck. The most striking thing about him, however, was the shimmering blue tattoos that lined his face and hands. They looked like they went all up and down his arms, and probably his legs too.
"What the hell..." the commanding officer whispered, and then spoke loudly to the figure. "You there! Freeze! In the name of Talnak!"

Drex Karnigan flexed his hands, pumping all the remaining energy he had left in his body in a circular motion so that he could keep track of it. Throwing himself into a Quantum Shift was becoming far easier, and he found he didn't need to use as much energy the more he practiced it. The problem was he never knew where he was going when he tried.
I should probably find out where I am now...
Drex coughed a bit as he inhaled dust. He waved he hand around, unintentionally leaving a blue stream behind his hand as loose energy flowed from his palm, but it served to clear away some of the dust.
"Freeze! In the name of Talnak!"
Drex froze, being careful to allow no energy to escape from his body.
The hell is Talnak?
Drex squinted through the dust and found himself toe to toe with several uniformed men brandishing dangerous looking guns at his person.
"Well..." he mumbled sardonically. "This is new..." Drex put his hands into the air, thinking all the while that those men didn't exactly know that was probably the most dangerous place for them to be.
"Hiya!" he said cheerfully, and seriously meaning it. "My names Drex. Would you guys kindly tell me where and when I am?"
Anything can be accomplished with sufficient quantities of both boldness and ammunition.

Join the Utopian Arcanum War!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Utopian Arcanum Wars (IC, Players Wanted)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Across the ocean and on nearly the opposite side of the world, the sun was setting and the moon was but a faint pristine orb in the purplish sky above the capital city of the Kyn'tul Union. The day was winding down and the citizens began closing up shop, most people heading to their modest homes to either start dinner for their families or to simply retire after a long day's work. It was at this time in the evening that traveling out of the city was easiest, considering there was less focus on the borders and more on the horizon of the outer bay for any attacking Talnak military warships. Most of the Gemesh crowd was migrating towards the outer-lying residences, only two of the people attempting to force themselves in the opposite direction and against the flow. One was a female, adult, trailed by a male child. He struggled to keep up with her, occasionally tugging on the back of her shirt.

"You know we aren't supposed to leave the city's limits, Matsumi!" the boy cried out, causing the woman to turn around for a brief second.

"Then don't follow me," Matsumi answered flatly, sunset-colored eyes matching the sun as it descended unto the lower valleys. It was at that moment that the pair came to a steep depression on the edge of the plateau that Gemesh rested on, and the young woman quickly stooped and began to scoot down its rocky incline.

"I'm telling mom!" the boy shouted down, his tight curly dark hair spilling over his rounded face.

"So what?!" Matsumi shouted back. "I'm not a little kid-- I can do what I want!" Their voices echoed through the canyon, and a few birds rustled in the canopy of trees in a forest below. The female took a last glance up at the shrinking silhouette of her younger brother, rolling her eyes slightly as she reminded herself to stay in the valley for a longer amount of time than originally intended.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

On the forest part of one remote island somewhere, the serenity of night had been violently disturbed for a brief moment. A bright flash of purple light loomed just above the treeline of the woods and vanished followed by a loud sound of heavy metal hitting ground. The forest residents, birds and land critters alike were all disturbed and immediately scampered away from the area where the object fell.

The object that fell from the light was a giant humanoid machine which now lay sprawled inside a small crater it made upon impact on the forest floor. Light fumes of smoke emanated from all parts of its metal body, perhaps an after-effect of how it got there. The silence resumed for minutes until it was broken again by the sound of the machine's engine and systems booting up. On the head part of the machine, two things that resembled fierce eyes began to glow a dim red light in the dark forest.

Inside the machine's cockpit, the sound of multiple beeps coming from the machine's computer doing system scans and functionality checks orchestrated a busy environment. It was enough to bring the unconscious female pilot back to a wakened state. Nauseous and on the verge of throwing up, the female pilot forced open her eyes and tried hard to steady her vision. After regaining composure, she took a deep breath and began a recollection of events. Upon remembering something that happened only recently, an image of a man she knew well came across her mind.

"Sigurd... no..." She said in a low and almost inaudible speech.

The pilot's newly regained composure was not strong enough to keep her emotions at bay. Small beads of tears although unwanted, began to trickle down her cheeks. With her right hand, she carefully pulled out a Locket from under her pilot uniform and stared at it with teary eyes. The one who owned the locket -Sigurd the man she loved, was no longer alive. The pilot was about to burst into a state of anger and scream her lungs out when her eyes caught something strange through her main screen which stopped her from doing so. It was dark outside!

"What the-- How long was i out?!" she asked herself.

While still gripping the locket she held with her right hand, she immediately placed both her hands on the controls of her machine. Stepping on a pedal with her right foot and pulling down hard on the machine's control sticks, the mild metallic humming of her machine's engine became a roar as it began to stand up. The pilot was surprised to see that what lay in front of her was an endless sea of trees.

"Where... am I?" She asked not expecting an answer.
An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because the people refuse to see it.

Interested in a Vampire/Vampire Hunter RP? Check mine out.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bloodlines-ooc-updated-recruiting-t27012.html

Yuina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Ishmal sat on a rock in the depths of one of the forest-valleys that dotted the Kyn'tul continent. He tossed a rock up and down in his hand and chucked it with a snarl against a tree, watching it bounce off the thick bark and ricochet off two more trees before settling down somewhere in the underbrush. He comes down here to calm himself, but it almost never seems to work. He's always just too mad. He feels better when he's around his people. It serves to remind him what he's fighting for.
A snapping twig threw him out of his meditation.
Ishmal stood up hastily and pulled his weapon from his cloak, brandishing the submachine gun in the direction of the noise.
"Who's there?!" he called out. "Show yourself, or I'll shoot!"

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Matsumi wiped a few drops of sweat off of her forehead, the harsh sun almost unbearable at this time of day. Even maneuvering through the forest was a burden. It was a peaceful stroll, however, considering not many people -if any at all- bothered going into the valley these days. The moment the female felt a twig snap under her heel the solitude was interrupted by someone shouting. The only part Matsumi actually caught was "Show yourself, or I'll shoot!" Now, she knew better than that. The threat of war had taken its toll on even the citizens of the Kyn'tul Union, and the anti-Talnak propaganda was shoved down their throats on a regular basis. Matsumi figured there had to be a safer way to avoid whoever it was calling out threats. After all, there was a slim chance it could have been a Talnak militant.

Without another sound, the young woman took a short jump upward, outstretching her arms to catch onto a branch just above her head and making one strong swing that would propel her feet over her and onto another branch. Pushing off of the first one with her hands, she stood in the tree and lept onto the branch of another, making sure she was behind whoever it was who seemed to have a gun before hanging upside down so she could examine him. Luckily, he wasn't a Talnak.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:32 pm

"Is... is anyone there?" Ishmal asked the silence. Had he heard something? Was it his nerves?
No... I definitely heard something...
It was probably just a wild animal or something... some kind of desert rat. Ishmal lowered his gun, wiping his brow with the back of his hand. He had been jumpy lately. Maybe it was all the pent up aggression that he wanted to release on the Talnakas that he currently had no outlet for. He really needed to find a ship headed towards the republic before he went completely crazy...
Ishmal sighed and sat back down on the rock he had been resting on and buried his face in his hands, rubbing his eyes.

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Matsumi silently stretched out and relaxed her knees so she would slink out of the tree and land on her hands, and once right-side-up again she would continue to examine the stranger. She made sure to avoid any twigs or sticks that time, undetectably sneaking up behind the man she found herself to be stalking at the moment. Not like she had anything better to do. It wasn't until she was just a few feet away from him that she finally said something. "You seem to be disrupting the tranquility of this forest," she informed matter-of-factly, hands on her hips as she bent at the middle slightly to lean down closer to the stranger.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 pm

Ishmal jumped a foot in the air when he heard the strange voice in his ear. He sprang to his feet and gripped his submachine gun, pulling the trigger and waving it around on impulse.
This is why Ishmal always kept the safety on when he carried his gun around. After the first click, the gun did nothing at all. Ishmal exhaled a breath he was holding and threw the gun down, having it catch on the strap that kept it firm to his body.
"You shouldn't sneak up on people, ma'am," he said to the girl that surprised her. She was quite beautiful, but it was mostly the surprise she gave him that had his heart racing. "I could have hurt you, or worse!"
It would have been traumatizing to harm another Kyn'tulan- the Talnakas were the ones that needed to be harmed.

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Matsumi froze when the rather unlucky end of the man's gun was pointed towards her, flinching and feeling her heart skip a beat when she heard the sound of the click. Had she been less brave, she might have even managed to let out a sharp scream. Fortunate for her, there was no discharge. Panting slightly, she lifted up her hands to feel over her face making sure that she indeed hadn't been injured. After she was reassured that was the case her brows knitted. "I shouldn't sneak up on people?! You're the one waving that gun around at every noise you hear!" The young woman had half a mind to smack the man upside the head, but then again, he was the one with the gun. Matsumi found herself stammering with anger and the aftershock of fright. "Just what the hell are you doing here anyway?"

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Ishmal held his tongue, but barely. The girl obviously didn't know how far the hand of the Republic could reach. Spies could be around every corner, assassins creeping in the underbrush. That, was, of course, one of the reasons why the war was started. Assassinations of Kyn'tul leaders by Republic dogs... Ishmal clenched his fists, but they were immediately softened by the presence of the girl. He need not be so tense in the company of one of his sisters.
"I come here to relax," Ishmal said, flipping his gun so that the tip pointed to the ground and draping his cloak over his body so it was hidden. "The forests are part of Kyn'tul that I fight to save, and I travel them so that I can remind myself of their worth." It was true, for the most part. Ishmal cared for the people of Kyn'tul most of all, but the forests were next on his list after that. Then it was the desert, then it was dung, then it was the Talnakas.
He looked the girl up and down. She didn't look like a militant- in fact, she looked like she needed to be home for dinner soon.
"What are you doing down here?" he asked, scratching the stubble on his chin.

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Matsumi frowned slightly at the man's answer. It almost seemed easier to simply forget that the war was even a major issue, but she was always constantly reminded of its ominous presence in the world on a daily basis. She scoffed slightly, turning away to look scan the surrounding area. "Well, if you must know," she began. "I'm down here because I'm desperately TRYING to get away from the people up there." She pointed upward towards the canyon wall that bordered Gemesh. "And to tell you the truth, you aren't helping me out one bit." At least a Talnak militant spy would have brought along more excitement that day.

Meanwhile, the lookout posts that were raised above the canopy in the valley suffered quite a bit of neglect. So far, there hadn't been any major attacks from the Talnak Republic that close to the capital city. Basically there was no news coming to or from the main base located in Gemesh, just east of the Minister's prime government facility, which actually resembled more of a castle-like courthouse. That was certainly a noticeable feature from General Alo Mantorak's point of view. The statuesque man stood to the side of the broad pathway that lead to the facility's main doors, lined up with other esteemed military officials as they awaited the Minister's arrival.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:54 am

The sound of an engine powering down coursed through the silent forest again for a time the pilot lost count of. She brushed her hair gently with her left hand while looking mightily pissed at what happened to her machine. Auxiliary systems began to boot up as her machine involuntarily knelt down the forest floor. Once again, they began to run system and parts functionality checks. The pilot tapped her right hand impatiently against one of the machine's control sticks.

"Aegis... why do you have to do this to me now?" she asked her machine without expecting an outright answer.

In reality, she knew why her machine had been failing her ever since she tried to make it out of the sea of trees. It was due to a broken knee joint circuit, and she had been pushing her machine hard enough just by making it stand. Sighing in disgust of the situation, the pilot decided to do something else while waiting for the auxiliary systems to finish the checks. She turned on a panel near her right side and pushed a combination of keys. Momentarily, a holographic screen popped up blank.

"My location is not on the database? Impossible..." she said in bewilderment.

She keyed in a different combination and waited a few moments before a new holographic screen with a virtual layout of the island she's on displayed. The geographical scan revealed that she was stranded on a fairly large island, definitely not going to be easy for Aegis to walk out of there.

With Aegis having a busted knee, the pilot thought about flying but frowned at the sight of her machine's energy reserves. They were running low and flight would only deplete it at a faster rate. Her only option was to get Aegis to walk again but to do that, she needed to be somebody else rather than a pilot. The kind of work she hated but didn't necessarily suck at the part. Maintenance.

"Guess I really have no other choice..." She said and took off her pilot suit.

Now wearing only a black tank-top, a rather skimpy shorts and her boots, much of her fair skin was revealed along with a set of tribal tattoos on her right shoulder part. The pilot then pulled down the hatch lever. Cool air from outside began to seep into the cockpit's airtight walls as soon as a slight opening from her hatch came. She holstered her laser pistol and jumped down to the unknown ground, it was still dark but dawn is about to break soon. The pilot walked over to a concealed compartment on her machine's right leg and placed a hand on what looked like a well hidden touch screen. The system verified her prints and released the locks on the compartment revealing "emergency machine maintenance tools" for her to use.

"With these, I might just be able to get you patched up in a couple of hours. Hang in there Aegis." She said in a soft voice directing her speech to the machine.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Ishmal grunted with distaste at the girl's comment about trying to escape people. The people of Kyn'tul were the only thing left worth protecting- trying to escape from them was irresponsible.
"Why would you run from your own people?" asked Ishmal, scratching one of his bushy eyebrows. He turned away from the girl, upset that she would take turning her back on her people so lightly. "I can leave the valley, if it gives you peace to escape your kin."
He took a step away from the girl, then stopped. He turned his head around so that he faced the girl.
"If you run from your kin, you cannot aid them in their time of need."
Ishmal sighed, turning away again and ruffling his thick black hair.
"And if you can't help them, then they can't help you. This isn't an age that rewards disunity."

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Matsumi kept her back facing the man so he at least couldn't see her rolling her eyes. She had heard speeches like his before, and it seemed as though they never really sank in. "You can stay," she replied simply, as if she owned the forest. The young woman was just about to walk away, though stopped in her tracks and let out a sigh as the man continued to preach to her. "This isn't an age that rewards anyone," she said, turning back around. "No matter what any of us do, no matter who wins this war, the world will still be torn in two by the time it's over." Matsumi pulled herself back into one of the trees and sat on a branch, crossing her legs. "Who are you to tell me what's right and wrong anyway? You're running away from other people too, aren't you? Isn't that why you're down here?" The girl felt herself growing angry, and took in a deep breath in order to calm herself.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Ishmal paused and leaned against a tree. That was why he was down here...
"Well, yes..." he began, scratching his face. "I'm trying to find a vessel that can take me to the front lines to fight... but the Military will not accept me .They say I'm too reckless in my methods of fighting- that I'll be a danger to the other soldiers. Since I have no money,I can't get a privateer to take me... So I come down here to escape frustration of being turned away again."
Ishmal looked at the girl, clapping his hands together.
"But this time, it'll be different!" he exclaimed, eyes sparkling with the foolish optimism of a child. "I'll find a ship this time. It's Gemesh! There must be a ship somewhere here that can take me to the Republic lines!"

--------

Drex fidgeted from holding in place for too long, a spark of blue energy emanated from the side of his head. The men pointing their weapons at him flinched at the sight.
"You are near the Capital City of the great Talnak Republic, and it's wartime- but you already knew that!" the Talnak commanding officer barked. Drex cocked his head to the side. He hadn't know that.
"It's news to me..." he muttered, averting his gaze from the officer.
"Silence!" the officer roared. "I'll be asking the questions here!"
Drex frowned. This guy was way to heated for Drex's style, he had just finished traveling and everything, and his voice was just so piercing and loud...
Drex felt a headache coming on. Wonderful.
"Are you some kind of Kyn'tulan weapon?" the officer asked. Drex looked himself over, just to make sure.
"Not that I'm aware of," he said honestly. The officer narrowed his eyes at Drex, clearly agitated.
"I don't like your tone, boy," he growled. Drex shrugged and retorted.
"Yous doesn't sound much better to me, man."
The Talnak soldiers glanced at each other. This kind of speech to an officer of the military is extremely disrespectful, and is not taken lightly by superiors. The Officer had gone very red in the face.
"Arrest him!" he yelled, pointing at the blue-glowing adolescent. Drex did a double take, his mouth opening a little bit.
"Wait, what?" he asked, the tattoos on his body surging with blue color. "I don't like that idea! Can we talk this out?"
The soldiers didn't respond as they advanced, weapons raised, preparing to bind Drex's hands together. Drex gulped audibly. He didn't enjoy being taken into custody. Luckily his energy had rejuvenated itself enough to allow for some fancy handling.
Nothing personal, guys!
Drex clenched both his fists together, causing a strong pulse to pump through the air and lay out the advancing soldiers flat on their backs. Drex wasted no time in crouching down and focusing energy into his feet.
Okay... my weight... the discharge force... air density... specific gravity...
Once the soldiers began to stand back up, Drex leaped into the air as high as he could and discharged the energy out of his feet, propelling him through the air and away from the soldiers. Drex looked down at the shocked face of the Officer and gave him a smile and a wave before disappearing over a row of buildings.
"Ahh, crap," Drex muttered, beginning to fall towards another hard, stone street.
Overshot that one... must have lost some weight since the last time...
He though fast, shooting quick bursts of energy out of his feet. It served to slow him down a bit, but he also lost balance and landed on his back with a loud oof!
Scrambling to his feet, Drex looked around for anyone. The street was empty, most likely from the Quantum Shift warp-in that he completed a bit ago. Smirking a bit, he dodged into an alleyway, hiding behind a trash can and soothing his energy flow so that his tattoo conduit glow wouldn't give him away.
"I need a way out of this city..." he whispered, peering around the corner of his hiding spot.

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:54 pm

(Posted at the same time as Mikey, erased for editing)

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:34 pm

"Ahhh! This isn't working!" the pilot yelled with frustration.
"I guess Brynhild Cross should have paid more attention to mechanics class..." She mumbled and threw away her monkey wrench and portable blow torch.

She had been working for hours on Aegis' busted knee joint with little -close to none progress. Despite the cool wind in the forest, she was sweating. Perhaps because she was already tired to begin with and yet here she is pushing herself beyond her body's limits. A very human growl emanated from her body, Brynhild was hungry. The last meal she ate was before she went on a mission and got lost here.

"Ugh... what a time to feel hungry..."

She looked up the now dark orange sky. The sun was already rising and soon, the forest will come to life. Brynhild jumped up from Aegis' knee and went back inside the cockpit. She needed to know if there were still Rations under her seat. Rummaging with her hands, Brynhild frowned upon realizing that she failed to replenish her food rations. She was about to pull back her hand when something got caught in it. With a faint smile, she pulled it out only to find a small pack of mild cherry mint sweets. It was not really what she was hoping for but it was better than nothing.

"Guess I'll just have to--"

A rustle from the bushes in front of Aegis caught her attention. Without second thought, Brynhild pulled out her laser pistol and jumped down from the cockpit hiding herself behind one of Aegis' legs.

"Boss I swear! I heard a voice coming from this area.." one man said.
"You better be right or I'll have your hide for this--"

Their conversation was put to a halt after emerging from the bushes only to find Brynhild's ATCA kneeling in front of them.

"What in Kyn's world is THIS??!" The tall and lanky one with a grumpy voice asked.
"Never seen anythin' like it boss." said another popping out from the bushes.

Soon, there were four men armed with 'primitive looking' guns standing dumbfounded in front of Aegis. Brynhild watched them closely keeping her presence concealed. Amongst the men, the tall and lanky one seemed to be the one with authority.

"Think it belongs to the Republic?" asked one of his lackeys.
"Naww... this looks way too flashy..." replied the tall one.
"The union perhaps?" yet another question from the others.
"Hmmm... hard to say..." the tall one answered.

Republic...? Union...? What are they talking about?

The men then walked forward and began inspecting Aegis starting from the leg part. Brynhild pulled back a little only to snap a stray twig with a step back of her foot.

"Who's there?!" The tall one yelled and pointed his gun towards where Brynhild was hiding.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Lone_SOLDIER on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:36 pm

As the airship bounced through the air with turbulence and men hurled out their breakfasts, Grayeson remained alone in the back of the troop bay. The others inside the dropship were regular grunts in the Talkan military, regular soldiers that would be sent out to die within a few days. A major battle was ahead and that was their destination, the place where they would escape death for awhile or will meet the Angel of Death himself. Arms crossed and head down, the others figured he was asleep, which they found was probably impossible in this turbulence. They were correct, Grayeson was indeed awake, but not from the weather but because he was thinking. The thought of what he would have been like if he never was given these "gifts" as his mentors called it. Would he have been a Talkan citizen or a regular grunt like the others in this ship? It didn't matter, he was who he was and he couldn't change that.

"Lone Wolf, you got a call from HQ." the copilot radioed in.

Raising his hand, he pressed the button on the side of his helmet that opened his encrypted frequency. A special item in his battle suit's inventory which helped him complete his missions with great ease. This motion also caused the others inside the troop bay to talk amongst themselves, acknowledging they figured he wasn't asleep.

"Lone Wolf responding. Go ahead Wolf Den."

"Your next mission is classified as usual Lone Wolf. You are to be dropped near the enemy's capital for reconnaissance. You are to gain intel on troop movements and to cause a disturbance in their infrastructure. Use any means to complete this mission as long as it is kept under the radar. We'll be sending the pilots the coordinates to where you will be dropped. Understood?"

"Understood. Lone Wolf out."

Standing from his seat, Grayeson made his way to the extra cargo onboard. As the copilot announced they were redirecting course to "avoid the bad weather," Grayeson saw this as the sign to gear up. Opening the third container, Grayeson took in-hand his trusted Pulse SMG. Checking over the weapon, he took the sound-suppressor and attached it to the weapon. Slinging the weapon onto his back, he reached and grasped his Pulse Pistol. Like his SMG, he checked over the weapon and placed it inside the holster strapped to his leg. Finishing off his prep by taking his combat-knife, a few concussion grenades, and some ammo; Grayeson closed the container shut.

"On approach to the destination Lone Wolf. We'll be there within five minutes."

Walking further back into the troop bay, Grayeson took his hand and gripped the handle beside the door. In five minutes, he would be jumping out the door and landing a few miles outside the capital on a plateau. Back into the combat he was breed and built for, nothing else. Tightening his grip, Grayeson felt the rush of air as it escaped through the door in the troop bay that opened. Below him, a rocky mountainous region that had forested valleys. It would be smarter to land in the forests, that way he could trek unnoticed through the enemy radar. But if his leaders want him to land on the plateau, then he shall.

"Two minutes till drop location.

Grayeson closed his eyes, waiting for the order.

The man who is really serious, with the urge to find out what truth is, has no style at all. He lives only in what is. ~Bruce Lee Philosphy~

The_Lone_SOLDIER
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 pm

Matsumi rolled her eyes yet again, picking a fruit from the branch she was sitting on before rubbing it on the surface of her leggings. "Tch," she scoffed, looking down at the man. "You'll be lucky to even get within Talnak airspace, even if you do find a ship to take you." The young woman leaned in to take a bite of the fruit, though stopped short as she noticed a dark bruise on it. "You'll be shot down before you even reach shore." Matsumi nonchalantly tossed the fruit towards the man, not bothering to see if she actually hit him or not as she looked for more. "What's your name, anyway?"

~~~~~~~~~~

General Mantorak stood in salute with his fellow military men in a formally straight line. The Minister had arrived, escorted by various guards and soldiers as he made his way towards the entrance of the High Court. After he passed, the General and another man standing across from him followed the entourage into the entrance, also saluted. The large doors closed behind the group with a loud 'CLANK' and the locks shifted into place. General Mantorak was led into the main conference room, which included a high ceiling carved with numerous images of important times in Kyn'tul history and a long rectangular table in the center of the room, large enough to seat eighteen people. The Minister sat on one end and his adviser on the other, the entourage finding seats in the space in-between.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikey Wheels on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:10 pm

"My name is Ishmal Yeleman," Ishmal said, beaming with pride at his pure Kyn'tulan heritage. "And..." he didn't want to admit that he'd be sailing to his death if he found an airship into Republic territory, but the girl was right. Maybe that's what he'd been looking for all along. "...perhaps you are right in saying that its too dangerous to fly into Republic territory..."
Saying it hurt his pride, but he swallowed it as best he could.
"I would be more useful to my country alive... maybe domestically protecting the land?" Ishmal rolled the idea around in his head. He would rather be on the front lines, but serving his country at home would be good enough. Ishmal turned to the girl and smiled.
"What is your name, wise girl?" he asked sincerely.

Mikey Wheels
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!