Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Without Absolution

Without Absolution

a part of “Without Absolution”, a fictional universe by UnderINK.

In the ancient world, a peaceful island sits on the brink of disaster. A government breakdown, whispers of heresy and plans of assassination, a prejudice against the Gifted ones, a massive volcano waiting to erupt---and nowhere to run.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Without Absolution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Without Absolution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Well I know where imma post, GRAND TEMPLE, AKA my Prison XD

also thanks for the help. I know one area I need to work on is detail in my posts and fleshing them out. If I have a point where I post somewhere that maybe could need more detail, would you point it out and have me rewrite it for you to look at? or anyone here XD.

Oh and for The Grand Temple of Light, The link is broken when I click on it to post there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:58 pm

The Temple is not a prison by any means; it is entirely set off from the Labyrinth and is located near, but not in, the Marketplace. I haven't added a location for the Labyrinth or Palace yet, which would suit your needs. That is next on my priority list, promise.

The RP tab has been a little weird lately for me, anyway, so I don't know what is causing a broken link, but I'm glad it didn't work because I don't want anyone confusing the Temple for the Labyrinth. The Temple is where Simin presides, who you will see jump to the Palace and Labyrinth threads frequently. :) I will notify you all as soon as I put up the next set of locations! . . . tomorrow! :)
•civilization begins with order, grows with liberty and dies with chaos

My Roleplays
Without Absolution- a civilization on the brink of destruction

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UnderINK
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Oh no worries I'm not. The temple though is where the Gifted are tutored. For me that means school, though the very nature that the Gifted have in society, one of both amazement and wariness, mean that their rooms, where they sleep and some may work would also be located in the temple. They are constantly watched by the government and I am sure that they are very well cared for, after all they are blessed by the gods. This means that they practically never have to leave the temple. They are cared for and made comfortable, they are taught and work there, they probably live there as it is a large complex. Should they have to go out for something there would probably be guards assigned for their "protection" as again they are "blessed". These circumstances are perfect for creating, as long as you were smart enough to see what was happening, a prison. It may not be barred with cells and dank but it is still a prison for the gifted in every sense.

This is my interpretation of it based on both their position in society as well as your placement for them in such an important and busy place. I may be way out there but it makes sense.

EDIT:

okay read your post more clearly. Yeah you could put them in the palace. However I think the Temple would be a better place for housing the Gifted. Especially if you are going for the watched feel with them. The Palace makes the prison idea go even farther and more of the Gifted would be able to see it as such, if they were smart. Considering that they did escape from the Labyrinth, I'd say the majority of them would be very smart,

also. I am leaving tomorrow for a small vacation. Would you like for me to just hold on my post till I get back?
Last edited by Kawai Maria on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Holy crap, what's The Watcher doing in the city and outside of the Labyrinth? Ooooh...
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Uh Oh, A child just ran away while the watcher wasn't watching XD

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:12 am

Okay, so sorry for the multi-posting in the bath house. It was entirely unintentional. I kept getting the down for maintenance message and hadn't realized that it had gone through anyway. That hasn't happened at any site that I've been to before now, or here even for that matter. So if it wouldn't be too much trouble could someone who has that ability to do so delete the extra ones. I'm really REALLY sorry

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:26 am

Am I supposed to have posted?
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 am

Not if your area isn't up yet. I'm still a bit confused here and I do not want to post until it I get the full picture.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malkon on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:19 am

Would it be ok if I let the storyline play out a bit before posting and adding?

Malkon
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:00 pm

I can't help but hear the cackling of an old crone when I roleplay Annipe... ahhh, my characters are usually crazy, but at least Annipe is not as emotionally draining a character as my others. She's sort of... Mr. Miyagi meets Willy Wonka, in Baba Yaga's body...

If that makes any sense.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:54 pm

Alright, aim specific questions at me, please. I'll try to clear up confusion. The Temple IS where the Gifted are housed---rather, the exceptionally gifted (children with useful, dangerous, or interesting gifts that are worth teaching; there are other schools for the Gifted, such as orphanages, in other cities----their exceptional 'students' are sent to the capital to be taught). The Labyrinth is a prison most definitely, and even the Palace can be considered a prison. Yes, I can see your interpretation for the Temple as a prison for a Gifted student.

Now. . .

If your area isn't up on the board yet (Labyrinth and Palace are next in line---sorry, you'll have to wait until Monday or Sunday night EARLIEST, because my daughter's first birthday party has been in the plannings for the last week and is tomorrow; that's why I'm so busy). But anything OTHER than that (a certain shop in the market place you want, a city, et cetera) that you want up ASAP, post it RIGHT HERE so I can see it. Anything you guys want or any suggestions you have, post immediately so I can see them. :)

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:43 am

I was wondering if, under Aiatse you could make a tab for "The Garden District" where the richest classes of Kethadria build lavish estates and such? Characterized by being built onto a hill (not the tallest, obviously) with views of the ocean, the city below, and covered in trees and terraced gardens for the nobles?

Probably close to the palace, extending that regal air across the neighboring hill?

Just ideas.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Working on a Garden district for you all now due to this suggestion. I will try to highlight different sections of it, particularly. Instead of adding them bit by bit, I decided I'm going to add a bunch of locations simultaneously, so that's what you're waiting on. So far I've organized at least two of the four. :)

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 pm

WOOT WOOT, my post is up XD, hope I didn't do too much in one post but this would have happened in a matter of minutes. I hope the servant spread the word about the sand......or the temple might be well...toast.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:24 am

Added a floating garden for the central part of the Temple. Working still on the Labyrinth, Palace, and Garden District, but those will come soon (lots of company, lack of sleep, very busy, sorry!)

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:35 pm

I am having to resign from the RP due to explained reasons in this link. And it breaks my heart, but I have higher priorities unfortunately.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haroth on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:34 pm

Hm, well, it seems me and Maria are at the 'Kethadria' location. But the action is going on near the palace, so I'm guessing that would be in the capital not far from the marketplace perhaps? Also wondering where Alcaeus could take the wounded Adriane so that the different characters can start grouping up perhaps.

Haroth
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I need associates, or rather I plan for my character to be involved many in high-volume, low-visibility trading operations that keep Kethadria running. If no one would like to participate in these dealings, I'll just NPC it.

You shouldn't see me; you should only feel what Xenos has done. Alas, economics is something that takes more than one person.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:58 pm

The labyrinth and palace have been added.

Those that are roleplaying in the "Kethadria" location need to be more careful to roleplay in location-specific areas, otherwise posts get lost and the flow of the roleplay is completely interrupted because of vanishing posts when someone goes to the location to read the flow of one roleplay. Do not use the 'Activity' tab to reply to posts. Luckily I've already spoken to Eric about forcing posters to stay in-location unless they choose to move, so perhaps that mishap will be fixed soon. Until then, try to stay where you say your character is located.

Next locations to be added will be Palace-specific locations, the Garden District, and wilderness areas as per requests. When I am done adding the bulk of these locations, I will begin posting (unless someone intends to use the temple soon---just let me know if I'm needed and I will put the roleplay on higher priority than location organization for a while to suit your needs).

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Also, you're more than welcome Kronos---hope somebody finds an interest in your idea. I would if I had the time! ;)

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!