Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Under One Roof

Under One Roof

a part of “Under One Roof”, a fictional universe by Feyblue.

Please look inside, won't you?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Under One Roof”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Under One Roof

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon May 30, 2016 2:39 am

Welcome to Under One Roof, and thanks for taking an interest in my RP! Presently, I'm still working on putting the finishing touches on things, but if you have questions about anything, don't hesitate to send me a PM! Hopefully, things should be in working order, and my bio should be completed within the next few days. After that, it's just a matter of waiting until our slots fill up to get started.

I look forward to roleplaying with you!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Under One Roof

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon May 30, 2016 4:10 am

I literally can't think of anybody but Archer when I look at the description for the second male. I do hope that was intentional on your part. Anyways, as I stated in the PM, I wouldn't mind taking him as my reservation!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon May 30, 2016 10:10 am

Kinda sorta. I wanted to deconstruct generic nice guys, and he was sort of the first person who came to mind. :P

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Mon May 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Seeing as how I'm a rather cynical person myself...Is it okay if I reserve her?

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Mon May 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Naturally! ^_^ Also, kudos on your avatar. I thought I was the only one who used Kauto art on this site.

Welcome to the thread! :D

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue May 31, 2016 11:51 am

Well, we've managed to get a fourth reservation, so even assuming nobody else joins, we should be fully prepared to start the RP. However, since the reservation requested a different role, I've decided to leave open the initial slot of "Boy 1" and add a new female role to counterbalance it, just in case anybody else is interested in joining. If not, then we can always strike both roles and proceed with four of us.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:21 am

Character finished~

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:50 am

Approved! Updating the main page to include a link to her. It should be interesting seeing how she interacts with Nadine, considering their similar obsession with pursuing their dreams, but their completely opposite personalities. I'm looking forward to it! :D

Also, we're still open for business, as it were, so if anyone has any friends on here they think might be good additions to the RP, feel free to invite them. We've got a male role and a female role left, and each can be redefined if need be, so regardless of preference it should be fine.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:38 am

Kind of noticed yeah. I generally avoided making her too depressed. Just made enough shout-outs to common things that irritate design course students like me (e.g. being made to work for free, relatives wanting stuff for free etc.)

I might know a couple of people. I'll try asking around~

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Yeah. You don't necessarily need to avoid being depressed, though, if you'd rather write her that way. Rather, I just meant to avoid really over the top grim and dark stuff, like, say, "my parents turned homicidal and I had to kill them to protect myself," or something like that, since that really doesn't mesh well with the overall tone I was going for with the RP.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Well, shit. Now I gotta restart my entire history. What do you have against patricide/matricide? It makes for some deep and interesting topics for character conversations!

"Hey, have any parents?"

"Nah, they're dead."

"Oh, sorry to hear that..."

"Don't worry about it. It was me or them. Kill... or be killed!"

Actually, I have yet to start my OC and will be unable to do so today, likely. :C

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:05 pm

No, Pants. I'm sorry to ruin your brilliant plans, but you cannot be Flowey-Monsoon-Archer. :P

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 am

First and foremost, hello everyone. I've decided to join to this game as a student from foreign country. I hope that we work together very well to create an extraordinary and interesting story.

Thanks Feyblue for adding one additional role for me. Machinist seems to be a good choose as a target career for my future character. You wrote that my character would be "paranoid and out of place". Could his personality be slightly less extreme? Very paranoid student could cause trouble for the others especially when they live in the same house.

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:41 am

That was just me paraphrasing how you were summarizing your character when you PM'd me. You wrote that either "he won't trust anyone or he will be nosy." I was just going with that. As always, your character's personality is entirely up to you.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelSpirit on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi! Can I reserve that additional female spot? I'm sorry if it unbalances the whole thing you've got going :/ This looks fun!

AngelSpirit
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Reservation noted. The space is all yours!

Although, one thing I noticed in your bio was that in the Origin section of her name, you mention something about her "Irish descent." Just to be clear, while using real names and keeping their meanings is fine and dandy - after all, it's what I myself did - there's no real connection to real world places or things.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that I'd really like it if everybody specifically made reference to where their characters are from - be it one of the listed Xeran islands, one of the other four you've decided to put a name and culture to, or from whatever place beyond the Maelstrom you feel like creating as your homeland. One of the main points of the RP is cooperative worldbuilding, and the more I know about your ideas, the more I can include them in the story and setting.

Thanks!

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Realized I also jot down that Aquina's name is Native American in origin. Well, it doesn't really matter. It's just the name anyway so it's really just trivia time in that part.

Can I throw in a bit of an idea for Zest? I saw that it lacks description in the Codex and I guess I wanted Aquina to originate from there. The idea I had in mind is that Zest is an island rich in metallic resources and their crafts deal more with using steel, bronze and other metals. Which I guess will explain Aquina's preferred discipline to practice.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:50 am

Understood! I'll add the information you've created for Zest into the codex. Thanks for contributing! :D

As for listing the origin of your name, that's fine. I was just saying that specifically linking it to something like "Irish descent" doesn't really make much sense, since it's a fantasy universe. :P

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:57 am

Just an update. It's looking like we're probably not going to get a third male character, so we'll have a slight imbalance. However, regardless of this, I'd prefer to get started soon, so keep an eye on this thread for any announcements related to the opening of the RP.

Thanks for your interest, and your continued patience!

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:30 pm

So, when do you plan on starting? We're kind of taking a while now.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!