Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Under One Roof

Under One Roof

a part of “Under One Roof”, a fictional universe by Feyblue.

Please look inside, won't you?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Under One Roof”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Under One Roof

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:06 am

OK. I had a short furlough / holiday in real life and I wasn't using the internet too often. I'm going to write something ASAP, so please to be patient.

Alle9009, why do the other tenants have to pay for fixing the house which they didn't damage? :) Aza left the house in a bad condition, so he is guilty.
Of course that you can try to throw Shane out of home but you should know that Aza's face could encounter Shane's fist previously. They can discuss this topic in the RPG, ha ha.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:08 am

In that same vein, why does Aza have to pay them when he fixed most of the problems along with all the other previous tenants? There might be some new problems and the solutions might've unstuck over the holidays, but as he wasn't there it wasn't his fault. Plus, if Aza can't charge the other tenants then they can't charge him either since he's a tenant just like the rest of them - that'd be like charging your neighbour for a hole in the wall of your new apartment despite the fact that the neighbour wasn't there for months. In that case, its the fault of the previous tenant or someone else, not him, and the landlord for selling them the new place without telling them about its faults before hand. :)

The land lord in this case would be the school or that old lady who's name I can't remember, not Aza. so if you the other tenants want to sue someone they'd have to sue the school, who's in charge of the place.

Also, um. Aza didn't tell anyone that his full name was Azalea. And it'd be pretty hard to find something that said his full name - pretty much only in the official records and student card, which is safely inside his wallet inside his pocket. Any time he can get away with his nickname, he will. So unless Shane read the records and specifically memorised his name, linking it to the guy in front of him, there's no chance of Shane knowing Aza's full name.

But feel free to call Aza out! He's being a bit rude, after all. :D And we can settle the fighting thing in the rp - Aza knows how to throw a punch tho, so it'll be great to see how the characters interact with each other!
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh, god. I'm really sorry, guys. I haven't been on in like a week, and I meant to post ages ago, but I started having some digestive trouble and needed to see a doctor and wauuuuuuugghhhhh.

Anyway, I have more time now, so I'll post again as Nadine and get things moving. Just gotta catch up to where things went in my absence.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:12 am

I have been sure that Aza introduced himself, but okay, I have updated my last post. Shane has found the full Aza's name on the list of students. It's possible because lists of students are publicly available, at least in my country. And nobody have writen in the rules that such lists are secret :) . But... Alle9009, if you really want to keep the full name of your character secret, I can delete some sentences. The decision is up to you.

You also made a mistake. Look at this: "Aza was about to join in (...) when a girl with red hair came down the stairs." Aquina hadn't gone upstairs. She was on the first floor together with Shane and the rest. (Probably)

And we can settle the fighting thing in the rp - Aza knows how to throw a punch tho, so it'll be great to see how the characters interact with each other!
Why not :) . It's a good way to strengthen their friendship :-D .

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:12 am

Ah, my bad! Normally in most places I've been the bedrooms are on the second floor while the baths and utilities are on the ground floor, so I forgot that wasn't the case when I was writing. I'll go edit it during the weekend. Thanks!

Also, for the name, yeah, I'd appreciate it if it's kept a secret for now. Mainly because Aza will lose his temper and try to slam Shane's mouth shut the moment he hears it coming out of his mouth and will continue to try and beat Shane into silence and a promise to never call him that again, which I'm pretty sure will start a fight and derail the posts. Yes, he's ridiculously touchy about it haha. Not touchy enough to start a fight in other circumstances tho. I've also got a plan for when it comes up, and bringing it up right now is a bit too soon for that plan. Plus hilarity!

Your school lets you access all the student names for the whole school? That's pretty cool! In my school the system works differently - they provide a list of students, but only for those of the same year, and only when they're posting the exam results. Otherwise we only know those from the same class, which is around 20-30 students, or from the same lecture, which can be up to around a hundred or so students. And that's only if they're in the same course. As Aza is in a different class and year (and possibly program, if Shane is in arts), I was assuming that there's pretty much little chance of Shane knowing Aza's full name since the system wouldn't let them access the student lists for different years, even if they were in the same program. So as a result the only one who has the highest chance of knowing the name Azalea would be Nikolai, and only if he paid attention to a name that wasn't his in the school attendance list.

i guess the more appropriate question would be how the school system works right now..

Defeat means friendship! Whose defeat, though... ^_^'

Also if anyone wants to discuss the alumni of the Mayfield House or has any questions about them feel free to ask!

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 am

Alright, I crossed out a piece of text from my last post. The true name of Aza is still a secret.

If anyone needs an explanation how lists of students could be publicly available, please take into consideration that in my country the most schools are state schools. Additionally every student of a high school (or lower) has to have a special ID card on their chest. Such a card contains at least the full name of the student, their picture, some information about a class which they attend and a logo of a school.

And one important thing. Alle, Shane has taken a mechanics course, he isn't an artist.

"Defeat means friendship!..."
Of course that no! I meant something exactly opposite.

Mustafa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:37 am

Ah. I don't think the schools in my country are like that. We don't really have highschool here for a start - once we reach our sixteenth year we have to sit for an exam that determines whether we go to Junior College or Polytechnics, followed by university if we score high enough.

What you wrote about your school sounds a lot like the junior colleges in my country. I don't know about the student listings, but in a way I guess it could be considered highschool - you continue to wear uniforms, study really hard for two years, sit for a set of exams that determines how high your GPA is, and then if its good enough you can choose to go to uni. The schools for the younger kids are the same too. Well, except for the ID card - my old school just used name tags and school logo badges, no pictures, and the names on it were interchangeable provided you wrote what you wanted during the beginning of the year where they provided the name tags or swapped it for a new one that can be bought at the school canteen.

but information about who was in what class was still provided on the noticeboard and could be found in the school registry, or the yearbook. The yearbook tend to be a bit more accurate since there were pictures instead of just names and IC provided.

However, in my country there's a different branch of schooling called polytechnics, which is an alternative way to enter university if we weren't able to score high enough for JC or were more practical oriented. They're practical institutes that provide a series of courses such as animation, mechanics, cooking, sports, pharmacology, etc.. In a way, you could call it pre-university since we're studying the beginnings and applications of a job. Three years schooling, no uniforms unless the course requires them, only a student ID is required. It's different from places where everyone knows everyone - here people are extremely social if they knew the names and faces of everyone in the same year, of the same course. There's simply too many people. This is the type of school I currently go to.

Um. I guess I should give an example, because I rambled a lot up there. Sorry. In JC people study to go to university. They study the normal topics - science, math, languages etc., from what I hear from my brother's complaints (I have never been to JC, but I've heard about it often enough to get the gist of it).

In Poly people study topics related to the course they're in. If you're in animation you study how to animate, how to draw, the history of drawing, stuff like that. If you're in sciences - for example nursing - you study topics related to nursing, like how to dress wounds, the physical anatomy of humans, different types of medication and so on. There's a practical bent towards skills in poly while JC deals with theory. I hope that makes sense.

Ugh that was a really long reply, my bad. I guess I just kind of assumed things since the academy sounded really similar to how my school works so I just assumed... sorry!

Ah, so that's how Shane managed to find Aza's name on the school base so fast. They're still in different years, though, even if they're the same age.

But Mustafa, your school system sounds interesting! Why are ID pictures used? Do the students have to have their pictures taken every year to keep up with the students current look? What do they say on the information? Sorry if it sounds rude or condescending (I have no clue how to not sound condescending without sounding sarcastic sometimes), but I really am interested because I've never heard of it before.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:04 am

Alle, I don't want to talk about schools because it's the most boring thing in the world for me. The system of schools really doesn't matter, the more important is what you can learn on your own. The most schools, universities etc. aren't able to offer a knowledge that will be up to date or usable. If someone wants to be proficient in anything, they have to read specialized books that often aren't a part of school's subjects. They have to deepen their knowledge on their own. It's especially important in computer science.

The reality is even worse. Schools/universities often want that their students create very innovative projects which will be able to make money almost immediately (fast and very much), but of course they don't help in this. And when such project will finish, you can be sure that your school do everything to force you to resign from your copyright.

So, now you know why I hate schools. :)

Mustafa
Member for 8 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!