Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Under One Roof

Under One Roof

a part of “Under One Roof”, a fictional universe by Feyblue.

Please look inside, won't you?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Under One Roof”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Under One Roof

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Mustafa wrote: You can believe me or not, but I don't want to begin another war.

I'll admit your memes caught me offguard, but if it's a war you want...your memes... end here, Mustafa.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:28 am

I surrender. I thought that you will understand that you shouldn't use someone else's user name to create ambiguous things. FamishedPants, do I really write in Chinese? :)

This post isn't an answer to your video, FamishedPants, because I have restricted access to the internet in most places and I can't watch it. Sorry.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:13 am

If I may offer a small suggestion? I don't think we need to draft an elaborate floor plan. Just list down which areas are in which floor. For instance:

1st Floor: Aquina's room, Nikolai's room, Rook's room, Shane's room, living room/"lobby", kitchen, laundry area.

2nd Floor: Nadine's room, bathroom etc...

Something like that. Then we'll just avoid using very specific directions when describing the rooms. That could make it easier.

On another note: I think it's going to be very odd that Aquina's room is mixed in with the boy's floor, based on the initial description that Nadine's the only one who has a room on the second floor. Don't you usually separate a co-ed dorm/boarding house by floor depending on gender?

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:22 pm

That's pretty much how it is, although the laundry room is also upstairs.

And normally, yes, you would. However, this is actually just a house that got converted into a dorm of sorts, and its original layout placed most things down on the first floor, with a small addition upstairs. All the actual full sized rooms are thus down there, while Nadine's room is actually a small study that she just chose to live in instead of an actual dorm room, since she wanted to be as far away from everybody as possible 'cause she's antisocial.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Alright, I made the adjustment. Aquina took the room on the farthest edge is nobody minds.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:09 pm

By the way, I'd prefer if people could keep posting up. We haven't had any activity in 3 days, and after how slow our start was, I'm a little worried.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:23 am

Feyblue, does this RPG have any aim? Should the tenants do something to achieve a concrete aim? If not, do we have a free hand to write a storyline?

Mustafa
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:03 am

Given that the characters had just arrived, I guess we're free to go about our own storylines in the meantime. From what I can gather, this seems to be a character-driven story so the interactions between each of us will be the element that drives the story into different directions, depending on how the relationships go.

But, I'm not the mod so take it with a grain of salt. What I said was just my assumption.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Pretty much. Individual characters will inevitably end up having various subplots associated with them which other characters can get involved in by proxy, with each character pursuing their own goals. However, there will definitely be some larger "events" which involve the entire cast, so more on that later.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Alright, posted! Uh, hi. Newcomer, nice to work with you guys, all that jazz. My character's more or less the only remaining resident from the roster last year lol. The resident grumpy old man - even his hair's going grey to turn him old haha. Sorry, been a bit busy, which was why I didn't really post till now. Mind if I add Aza's room to the houseplan or does he have to room with someone? :D
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:04 pm

I'll just add another to the hallway on the main floor. Not that big a deal. XD

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:34 am

Do you have any favourite songs in English? I know that it's a very common question :) . I have found recently one song that is surprisingly about violence. Have you heard about "Luka" written by Suzanne Vega?
Spoiler: show
My name is Luka
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes I think you've seen me before

If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble. some kind of fight
Just don't ask me what it was

I think it's because I'm clumsy
I try not to talk too loud
Maybe it's because I'm crazy
I try not to act too proud

They only hit until you cry
After that you don't ask why
You just don't argue anymore

Yes I think I'm okay
I walked into the door again
Well, if you ask that's what I'll say
And it's not your business anyway
I guess I'd like to be alone
With nothing broken, nothing thrown

Just don't ask me how I am...

However, the first two strophes could be about our secret tenant from the second floor :) , but only the first two of course. (I'm only joking.)

Mustafa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:08 am

@Mustafa I'm familiar with the song; one of my favorites in fact plus, my little sister's practicing it on her guitar. As far as I recall, the song itself has child abuse as an underlying theme. The name itself was taken from a young boy who used to live near Suzanne Vega. Not that the real Luka was abused or anything.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:36 am

"Thane held a homeless animals auction up in his room and Mira had a disturbing tendency to cackle like an evil witch while she did chemistry experiments that blew up half the time, but I'm fairly sure that they didn't do anything illegal. I think." Asa's observations as a tenant who lived there the year before lol.

Hmm, my favourite song would probably be Antartica from Hands on Houses. It's a song about finding your place between the world, I guess? Something like that. The melodies are nice to listen to. :D

I remember coming across "Luka a few years ago though. It's a pretty nice song.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:06 am

Naming my favorite song would be as simple as naming my favorite game, meme, or anime. That is to say, it would take a while. Kinda like my posting in this forum. However, the reason for that is because I have been away for the past couple of days on important business (yeah, strange, right?). I will get my post up tomorrow, terribly sorry for taking so long, Fey.

luv u bb

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:20 pm

No prob, Bob.

Anyway, once Pants' post is up, I'll post again as Nadine and possibly move things along a little bit by having her make an appearance.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Feel free to come up with new problems in the Mayfield household and prove Aza wrong. He's not quite sure himself whether all he said was true anyway haha. (^_^')

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustafa on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Aza was living in Mayfield House previously, so the other tenants should charge him for the cost of renovation of the destroyed building. So don't hesitate to create new problems, the more damages our house will have, the faster Aza will become a bankrupt. :)

Mustafa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:07 am

@Mustafa Waiting for your post first before I resume.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:34 am

Heh, he'd just say that their payment is being allowed to stay in the house. That was his payment for fixing the house the year before, why change it now? Any dissenters will be thrown out of the house without much ado along with their belongings XD

But if they do ask Aza might make some food for them. He's no professional, but he can make a mean meat stew...

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!