Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Training Hall-Arena OOC, Advice, Opponents and Camaraderie.

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Re: Training Hall-Arena OOC, Advice, Opponents and Camaraderie.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Wow... that's incredible. I'd like to take a fight against him if you don't mind ^^
Definately gonna be hard to find a way to fight against him though XD I might make a new character if you accept, though if you have a preferance for any of my existing ones then that'd be fine too ^^
I want you to build a bridge... and I want you to make it vertical
~LiberateDragon

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korobug
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Yes very lol Michael would have a hard time defeating Brendan as he has the psyhical shield to deflect the blades and he has long ranged attacks. I think Characters should be even to a teir like if its a low tier character try to make them have good psyhical abilities and weak magic. Medium and High tier characters need to have amazing psyhical and magic abilities. Not too much like a god. I myself like low-medium tier. You also need to pick a type of magic and weapon style or martial arts. Once you have a character in battle you need to picture the battle not only your way, but your opponents way as well. Once you get that down you just need to experience how to describe every movement you make and find your opponents weakness in text and In Character.

Originalsix explained this differently and in some places better but I hope this helped.

Also I would like to see your battles so feel free to post the links here for us all to read.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

victim130
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Good evening all.

I am sorry if I am jumping in the middle of a conversation or anything, but I would like to ask if I could get some training or at least pointers on combat. I have done roleplay based combat in the past and have thought myself quite fair in results..though none of them are offical or anything. It seems there is a unique system for fighting on this website and I would like to learn the ins and out, as well as do some fighting.

If there is anyone that would like to take a pupil or show me around a bit, then I would appreciate it.

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:51 pm

mmmI think I have a good feel for how it works here, though there's one person that's hard to keep an even fight against without powering up my characters a bit with a "Medium Teir" Character. Other then that I think I've played fair. So I could try if that's alright with you ^^

Korobug
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Well, I appreciate you offering to help, the only reservation I might have is that if I am to learn the system then I should learn from someone that is sure that they know the system or better yet, has mastered the system. I just want to be perfectly sure that what I learn is correct.

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 pm

Is it the system you are hoping to master, or writing itself?

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

The system. I haven't met anyone that has mastered the art of writing yet.

NeonWingedPhoenix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jace on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm glad you guys like Mr. Snuggles =D You can fight him if you like, Koro, I wanna try him out lol

Jace
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 am

NeonWingedPheonix, have you read the Type1 Eden Era rules? These are the foundational rules for duels here on RPG.

If you understand those rules, the next step is developing a character that you feel you are comfortable dueling with. How to make characters with powers is a good guide written by Qbsupertar03 and one that can help you devise interesting and out of the box characters.

Then issue a challenge on the board, emphasizing that you are new to this type of writing/fight style, then simply duel. If you have questions during your duel feel free to ask them here. The majority of the duelists here are more than willing to help, because it helps them learn as well. I suggest mild or limited powers or even just basic melee to allow yourself the opportunity to grasp the mechanics of writing a fight scene in the Eden Era T1 style.

One of the best things to do is to find two or three duelists whom write well and deal with a similar type of characters you are thinking of using and read what they write for ideas.

Jace I think is an excellent duelist with firearms, Alucroas is a really good writer who can breathe life into cosmic monstrosities, Guts aka Arrogance is a good all around writer and duelist who in my opinion has a way of crafting cinematic themes with his characters. We have others like Saladin and Malevolence whom I feel are quite good.

Rion, Qbsuperstar03 and Souloe are duelists who have developed wonderful characters that offer challenges to anyone.

We also have a slew of up and coming duelist who are learning and getting better every time they duel. Safisan, Big Boss, Iowa90, Conumbra, Koroburg, OriginalSix, Kronos, Victim130, Tormentro.

If you want to learn this type of writing, which develops descriptive word use, cinematic scene crafting and collaboration skills, you won't be disappointed by our small but dedicated group of duelists.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jace on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks guys for liking Snuggles, he makes me smile. If any of you are interested in seeing him in action, I just started a thread that will be Snuggles Vs. whoever Koro wishes to bring. At least I think Koro was talking to me when he said he wanted to fight him. >> It would be awkward if he wasn't. >>

Jace
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

I have always wanted to learn how to do this in good detail, but i have no idea where to start or how it all falls in place really. My old thread asking for help got deleted (Why i dont know...it had a good piece of advice i cant see anymore)
I asked my friend what he thought of my drawing, at this is what he said:Jake your drawings make Rukia's look like masterpieces

jakelovesyuna
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:32 pm

It didn't get deleted Jake it was move and incorporated into this OOC, go one page back and you'll see it and some answers that were offered to you.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:38 pm

I hate snuggles. And no, that is not in jest. I genuinely hate him.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Hate to jump in I made up a bunch of characters branching off of Grinum (I realize some of them are kinda god moders, but I only really hoped for them to be used in large battles and the multiverse.)

Just tell me what you think

characters/Grinum
characters/Cliffton
characters/Shenten
And the next was made in Notepad:

Synopsis
Death and Life Bringer of the Fourth Stone

Name: Lenny
Weight: 120
Height: 5' 11"
Eye Color: Brown
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Skin Color: White
Alignment: Neutral, Mostly evil.
Body Build: Skinny
Favorite Food: Bread
Quotes: "Blood is my key, my answer, my friend, my lover, and my transportation, haha."

Personality: He is a phsycopath that loves blood. He will kill anyone including little children to fullfill his hunger.

Equipment
Armor/Clothing: He wears a brown suit with a black tie and casual brown pants.
Weapon: Stone of Idle Blood, This stone can open rifts to other dimentions in pools of dead peoples blood. It can also heal wounds of the user. If someone has been dead for less than one minute they can be brought back to life to work for the user of the stone.
Magic: N/A
Stamina: Low
Strength: Little below average
Magic Power: N/A
Running Speed: Normal
Jump Height: Normal

History: He had the stone given to him when he was a little kid. Once he found out its capabilities he started to mindlessly kill people. He has never had a wife or girlfriend for more than a month because he would kill them to use their blood for his sick fun. He stumbled into Grinum's cafe to get another woman, but found the place empty except for three people. A woman was the first he saw. He started to talk to the group and found out about the other stones. Grinum also found out about Lenny's stone. With this he slit Lenny's throat and watched him die with his blood flowing down the floor boards. Grinum placed the stone on his blood and brought him back to life. Grinum did this so he wouldn't have to see him back stab one of them.
His stone has the Purple Amethyst.
ONCE ALL STONES ARE PLACED TOGETHER THEY WILL SUMMON THE ULTIMATE WEAPON: Gunthor: It has enough armor to deflect an atomic bomb. It's speed is faster than light. It has a cannon on its arm that can emit metal and shoot it at high speeds or form weapons. It can also draw the blood from your skin with the touch of its other arm (Right arm). It is also only made of stone. This will kill Lenny, Rip off Grinum's arms, Take away Shenten's armor and Take away Cliffton's weapons.
Gunthor also takes one minute to summon fully and if the stones are disrupted they will stop the summoning. Once Gunthor leaves everyone will regain their lost body parts and lost items.

And while I'm posting anyone have any ideas/ changes for my character sheet? characters/My%20Character%20Sheet

victim130
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Soooo...Victim130 I am to understand the four disparate characters all form Gunthor the ultimate weapon? What happens if Gunthor is defeated? They regain their missing parts? What happens if they are killed prior to regaining their attributes given to Gunthor? How can Lenny, who gives his life to Gunthor regain his life? Remember you state the death can only be a minute long, I would wager if you brought Gunthor out the fight would last a lot longer than a minute.

As for Gunthor, he seems to be merely a heavily armored being with great speed and a self-sufficient rail-gun. Super luminal speed, while not unheard of in the multiverse, does pose a problem as you have not indicated any means by which Gunthor achieves such speeds since he is made of stone. None of the powers in the stones for the four characters allows for super lumial speeds, just transport between dimensions.

Another point, in order to use Gunthor you need to be using all four of them in a fight, what happens should just one die, their ultimate weapon is kaput and the chances of them all losing are greatly enhanced.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:18 am

Thats how I meant them to be. You also must remember Grinum has teleportation at a cost, but a small cost at first. I might not even use Gunthor in a battle. And I just made them all in about an hour I still need to fine tune them, but I do appriciate the critisim. And lol thanks for pointing out Lennies death, I forgot all about the one minute time thing when I made Gunthor.

victim130
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 pm

Hey gang, wanted to post my latest character JT MacLeod and get some feed back on him. I am thinking about a little spar so I can get a feel for him. Tell me what you think.

Skall

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby victim130 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:41 pm

He lookes really cool especially the gun. I also like how you include all of the measurements for everything. I would spar, but I find myself to busy lately. Maybe in the future we can fight.

victim130
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:21 am

Well thanks for taking the time to look him over Victim, I understand you have a slew of duels going on currently. I would enjoy a duel with you in the future.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:40 am

Skallagrim, I most certainly have to fight you in the future. Just not now, for I am still evolving in my skills with writing and allowing myself to become better after reading a few articles.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!