Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tsuki's Doodles

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Tsuki's Doodles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:13 am

Hey all...

Aside from my music, I've decided to post a few of my doodles here as well. Enjoy.

As per usual, intelligent, helpful criticism is encouraged.

I do take requests and commissions, but don't expect them to get done within a week. Contrary to popular belief, I'm actually pretty busy.

Thanks;
~Tsuki

This is a drawing of a character of mine, Aubrey. I know it looks peculiar, but I'm not going to fix the things that are wrong with it... Too lazy...

This is just a quick doodle for my RP "The Dawn of Rebellion". Depicted is an Antagonistic character known as Zenith. Again, I'm not going to be editing this one either...

Old old OLD piece of concept art for a character of mine. May use again...

A recent doodle to commemorate the reception of my new sketchbook. Somewhat of a Cartoon Realistic style...

A speed sketch done in about 3 minutes. It will not be edited... That's sort of the point of a speed sketch...

More cartoon realism. I tried to draw myself waiting inside of a Tim Horton's from what I could see of the reflection in the window.

Some Cartoon old lady... I got bored pretty quickly, as you can probably see... But I like the way she generally turned out...

Horrible... Just horrible. Her face is like a circle... But I'm posting it here to get feedback.

A doodle of my friend and I in a Tim Burton-esque style... Done on our way home from the Tim Burton Exhibit at the Light Box in Toronto.

Some random tree thing done while I was in high school... For some reason, I still like it...

Some random doll thing done while I was still in high scholl... Again, I still like it...

*NAUGHTY PICTURE ALERT! AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED BY GAYNESS!*
This is a picture of two of the main characters from my webcomic "Resurrection". It is still in it's conceptual stages... And will be fore a while...

Anywho, that's all I can find for now...

Ciaossu~

//END TRANSMISSION
Hello, friends...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Tsuki's Doodles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Hehe. Hey there, Tsukihana! Sato (ViceVersus) here. Design Team leader, checking in!

I don't pretend to be an expert on sketches and doodles or that sort of thing, so whenever I do duck my head into the Art forum, I'm always very, very impressed with what I see. I love seeing my friends sketching things out with her pencil. It's like watching magic, really. It dances one way then the next, then that way -- then darts over here. Her facial expressions are interesting too, as though she's actually surprised at what comes out of the pencil tip!

I'd love to get a commission from you! I'm digging the pencil style, along with the cartoony feel. :D I'll get back to you on that, for sure.

In the meantime, keep posting stuff! The doll one is probably my favorite, to be honest.

VV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Again, thanks a bunch!
I feel that I should warn you; commissioning me is a very trying task... When I do take commissions, I'll usually get the majority of it done within a day or two, and then lose interest for a while... X __ x
But if you're still up for the challenge of dealing with my short attention span, feel free!

~Tsuki

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frog on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 am

Your anatomy is nearly perfect for your more recent designs, I'm kind of jealous. I like it! From looking more deeply into your sketches, I can kind of see that you are kind of struggling with your hands (fingers mainly), and your facial structure is a little twisted o.0, unless you go for that caricature-look. When it comes to an manga style, the faces are a little more proper and proportioned better, and I also like the way you do your feet, the anatomy is very, very good. It's a lot better than what I can do. xD

I was wondering...>.>...<.<...can I ink this? Link.

I hope to see a lot more of your finished work, I'm always looking forward in seeing other artists. :D
My avatar keeps disappearing. :(

Frog
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Haha... Yes, I'm aware my hands and faces are in need of some serious work... :p Sometimes they come out really nicely, sometimes they don't... But thanks a bunch. :D

And if you really want to in Yusuke, that's fine... :p I already have an inked version of it here at home that I was gonna colour some day, but I sorta screwed up on it, so feel free to ink away. :D

Maybe someday when I actually try on my art as opposed to letting the pencil fly and stop leaving whatever comes out as is it might look a bit more finished... :p

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteSwan on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:43 pm

No commissions or anything, just wanted to say that I love your doodles, I look forward to more. :D

WhiteSwan
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby quotidia on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:37 am

I love the purple eyes.
"Nothing makes life so beautiful, as when the shadow of death begins to fall across it" ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

quotidia
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 am

Oh shanks all. :D

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VampirePrincessKairi on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Ooo I like the purple eyed one and the one under it the best. You should have given the hair extensions a wave to the side too. It looks weird that they're just sitting in place while everything else is blowing in the wind.

VampirePrincessKairi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 am

Thanks for the compliment, but his hair isn't blowing in the wind, it just grows out in a diagonal fashion. :p
It's anime, so normal physics and human biology do not need to be taken into account. :D

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fixed.at.zero on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:37 am

That doll on the shelf is absolutely -flawless-. I adore it!

The tree lady is a really interesting concept as well.

fixed.at.zero
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 pm

The doll is most certainly not flawless, but thanks for the compliments. :p

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 pm

A few more doodles. They're both very granular in appearance, but I'm pretty sure it's just my scanner.

Random old lady I creeped whilst on the train. Lost interest after I got off and half-assedly finished the background [everything but her].

Some random sketch that I did whilst waiting to get bloodwork done. Because naked people jumping off of waterfalls is win.

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:11 pm

So my friend Zambuka made a template for people to turn themselves into Pokémon, and so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Here's what I'd look like if I were one~

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:03 pm

What I find nice about this posting is I can see something of a evolution through sketches. Especially when compared to the highschool piece, I can see just how your skills have evolved over time.
Your anatomy is great like others have said, you seem to work very hard on this one particular area. Though, maybe the thing I would be would be working with if I were you is texture and shading. It all seems to have one or two tonal level on the sketches, when there could be say three or four.
I hope I was helpful with my criticism.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Oh, I know... My textures and my shading are HORRIBLE. I don't take myself seriously enough as an artist to improve them, though.

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aesir on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:24 am

I'm not much of an artist myself, but I really liked almost everything in this entire post.
I would even have to respectfully disagree about the textures. It's true that perhaps the technique is not that of a master, but I couldn't help but be captivated by the life given to it by the jagged, scratchy lines. I absolutely adore the speed sketch of the winged thing and the naked waterfall diving person. I think the superfluous, almost random lines give it a vivacious quality that you wouldn't see if the shadows were tight and the light was immaculate. It helps the emotion pour right off of them. The crazy hair lady one feels of fear, the speed sketch feels of pain, the cute yaoi one feels sexy, etc.

Keep this style. It's eye candy. At least for that's my opinion. I find myself staring and unable to look away and most of these for different reasons.

aesir
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:28 am

Well thank you very much, Aesir. Honestly I think that's the nicest critique anyone has ever given me before.

*Huggles*

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:28 pm

HEY, YOU.

I-I never dropped a friendly creeper hello here! So hello!

I think we can all agree that this thread is itching for more man on fox boy images. You sort of left us hanging on a narrative thread. Sure, we could easily picture what's going to occur next, but the drawing wouldn't be nearly as appealing.

...Moving on.

I, too, enjoy those loose pencil lines. You and I could start a club based on them alone. However, I must agree with Izoi in that your tonal range could be broadened with practice. Try seeing what happens when you limit yourself to maybe three or four tones, rather than a full range -- it can be a beneficial challenge to attempt to define the most in a drawing without the whole scale at your side. Eventually, you can delve into higher contrasts, always considering your foreground, midground, and background, even if the latter two are merely different shades. I do hope I'm making sense.

Keep up with the life studies! They're my fave. Plus, you'll see the majority of your improvement stem from them alone.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 am

Thank you Tæ!

Zephyr
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!