Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Unusual idea?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Unusual idea?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:39 pm

I had this kinda weird dream last night. I forgot a significant part of it, but what I remembered seemed like an interesting basis for a roleplay.

Unknown to the majority of mankind, magic, spirits and other things you could call supernatural really exist. They have existed since the dawn of time, controlling many aspects of the world. When humans first appeared, it was unanimously decided by the supernatural world that it would be best for everybody if humanity never found out about them. Keeping the secret completely was impossible, which led to the birth of many pagan religions, witchcraft, mediums and similar things. Most of these cases were just people deluding themselves, but a select few were allowed to learn the truth and use the power that came with it.

Fast forward to early twenty first century. Most people firmly believe the supernatural is nothing more than myth, and the majority of those who think otherwise aren't anywhere close to the truth. A special organization (let's call them Wardens for now) exists which diligently regulates all interactions between human society and the supernatural side of the world. This organization is also a secret to the common man, its members leading seemingly ordinary lives among the unsuspecting masses. There are no incidents and all is well.

Then, completely unexpected, an unknown group attempts to capture one of the four seasons (they're spirits). Nothing is known about them: where they learned about the spirits, how they could have equipment capable of capturing one, what their goals are etc. However, it is the duty of the Wardens to stop them.

What I still need to figure out are the names for both organizations and a few other minor things.
Does this sound interesting?
Irony is lost on those whose behavior is ironic. Isn't that... ironic?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: Unusual idea?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magnolia21 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:18 am

This does sound really interesting to me and I'd love to participate!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magnolia21
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Yeah, I'm usually not into fantasy but this sounds really interesting and I'd definitely love to help and participate.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:38 pm

I've already run something very much like this (Unseen World, Monogatari) and I've currently got something going in the Multiverse here (MCU).
The quoted portion looks familiar...

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 am

@Izoi: I just looked at it, and they're barely alike. But I understand you're one of those "I invented inventing" sorts, so just kindly walk away. Also, look up "disclaimer" in a dictionary.

@frazzguy: I wouldn't call this fantasy, exactly.

In any case, I'm going to start setting this up. Expect it sometime today or tomorrow; not sure how much time I'll have (also timezones).

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shi-chan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

I think it sounds interesting too. I expect you'll put a link to the actual roleplay here when you've created it?

Shi-chan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 am

Shi-chan wrote:I think it sounds interesting too. I expect you'll put a link to the actual roleplay here when you've created it?

Yes, I will. Unfortunately some unexpected family business came up, so I'm going to be delayed for about a day.
That said, if anyone has any ideas for/questions about this, suggest/ask away!

Sench
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!