Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Variant

Variant

a part of “Variant”, a fictional universe by Masquerade (Skye).

Info inside.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Variant”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Variant

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:16 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Variant"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Variant

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scra on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm

May I reserve a male character. Are they all Variants or are their other roles?

I last read Lock and Key by Sarah Dessan.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scra
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rhianoue on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Hey! Would you mind if I reserved two characters? A male and female?

For my male FC, I was thinking about using the Accelerator from To Aru Majutsu No Index.

For my female FC, I would like to use either Panty Anarchy from Panty and Stocking or perhaps Isuke Inukai from Akuma no Riddle...

If I can't reserve two, then I'll let you know in my next comment which one I'll decide to use ^u^

Last book I read was Lockwood and Co. by Jonathan Stroud.

Edit: I'm actually afraid I won't have enough time to commit to two character so it seems as though I'll only be taking one if that's alright.
Last edited by Rhianoue on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImagexImagexImagexImagex
ImagexImagexImagexImage
GO | ON
TELL | ME | HE
ISNT | BEAUTIFUL

Rhianoue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:42 pm

I wanna reserve a . . . Male and Female ! I don't know of the Fc yet but ill let ya know as soon as I know xD

Last book I read was Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone, Lol rereading the whole series, It never gets old for me! :D

UPDATE: Welp For my Male I'm using Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul and my female will be Ao Nanami from Yozakura Quartet.

☿Urania☿
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:58 pm

@Scra, yup reserved! If you'd like you can message me and I'll see what we can come up with.

@Rhianoue, however many characters you'd like is fine!

@Urania, reserved!

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JEDH3 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:57 am

May I please reserve a male? I last read the book, It.

Found a Face Claim!!!! It will be Kenichi Shirahama
Last edited by JEDH3 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
The violent road. The path of Harmony from the sword. It is a last resort this is true.
It is the Path we take when there is Inequity that will not yield.
When all other paths lead to ruin and an unjust end.
When Good is beset by Evil from all sides.
When your cause, your power, your fury... When it protects the weak, the pathetic, the helpless.
When it is Righteous: The Way of the Sword... Is Beautiful.

JEDH3
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:36 am

Can I reserve a male slot. Also, crazy idea, but could I play that Zero guy mentioned in the intro? It'd be the prefect chance for me to reuse an old character concept from a similar roleplay.

Last book I read was world war z. Which was better than the movie!

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:01 am

@JEDH3, reserved! Just update with your face claim when you find one.

@Wake, unfortunately Zero was deemed too dangerous to let loose and was humanly euthanized. Your spot is reserved though!

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imbecile on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 am

HelloOoOo, may I also reserve a male slot? (Gosh, there are a lot of males. I don't mind switching gender if you would like me to though!)

For my face claim, I was thinking Shiina from Oumagadoki Doubutsuen but I might just change. Eheh, not very sure at the moment.

May I ask what sort of abilities are you looking for? Are we allowed just about any super power out there as one of the major ones, or are there certain restrictions?

Also, the book I last read was How to Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Well, I'm reading it now rather. It's really good!
"there are two
types of tired,
I suppose one is a dire need of sleep
the other is a dire need of peace"

Imbecile
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am

@Imbecile, it's funny because I usually have a shortage of boys. Honestly I don't mind, whichever gender you are more comfortable playing is fine.

The abilities can be anything, science has evolved quite a lot in the future, but it has to make sense. Not like random cat ears that would have nothing to do with surviving in whatever land they put you to fight in. For example, my character, Chris can draw energy from other people's hearts (bioelecricity) to power the sword he can summon from his body because it is very hard to find energy in the desert.
Last edited by Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ☿Urania☿ on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:44 am

Just to put out there, my female Will have morphing powers n my male ability to manipulate metal ! Which he usually uses to manipulate his blood as a weapon !!

☿Urania☿
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 am

Alright, thank you!

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:26 pm

~Everything you need to know~

The city that they live in is called Rune, it is part of the United Federation of Columbus or the UFC for short. Rune is one of the biggest cities in in UFC and is ideal to live in because of the rings that ensure a person cannot leave their tier unless commuting to work. Living among the citizens of this city are some of the best minds in the country.

The Variant project began when a threat from Korea (there is only one Korea now as the two sides have finally realized they need to unite should they want to survive) to the UFC stated that they were declaring the fifth world war. They had created a mecha operated by a two person cell that would invade their neighboring countries and then the rest of the world.

The UN was the one to suggest they battle in abandoned lands so that no one would get hurt. Korea somehow agreed.

Nova, the desert, was among the most harsh battlefield as it took place in what used to be Egypt. Resources were limited and dehydration was the reason for most deaths.

Polar (also known as Polaris), was the icy landscape of abandoned Antarctica. Hypothermia was common and most soldiers were sent home with black limbs.

Skigi, the tropical region made for excellent camouflage and while there was plenty of shade and water, it rained most of the time and mosquitoes carrying malaria took many lives.

Thus the race for super soldiers that could survive these harsh environments was born. The government employed all of Rune's top scientists, doctors, engineers, and forward thinkers that they could find who would be able to successfully create an artificial human.

It worked, but the stakes were high. Their creations had not yet been tested and many were biting their nails as they watched the first launch. It was a success and nearly two thousand super soldiers were created before the end of the war. Unfortunately for Korea, their mechas were like action figures, useless toys against the super soldiers of UFC.

When the Variants were finally given permission to come home, many arrived with PTSD, others were revved for more fighting. The super soldiers that were not suitable for work were given lethal injections, the ones that were deemed fit were given random odd jobs around the three rings. It wasn't until the gangs formed in the Lower Ring that the suggestion for a Police force was proposed.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rhianoue on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Hey! Finished my character~ Please tell me if you find any flaws you'd like me to fix in her.

I look forward to roleplaying with you all! (/>u<)/

Rhianoue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:@Wake, unfortunately Zero was deemed too dangerous to let loose and was humanly euthanized. Your spot is reserved though!

Dang, is there some way I can still make use of the character concept? I was sorta banking my whole design strategy on it.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:00 am

Just finished reading it, unfortunately someone with that level of mental instability would be deemed unsuitable for work and would never be able to mesh into society, therefore he would be useless and humanely euthinized with a lethal injection.

However what you can have is a PTSD stricken soldier who is very good at hiding just how bad his condition really is. Remember that in order to stay alive they have to be a contributing member of society.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JEDH3 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:47 am

O.K. So I am going to submit my character, but HE IS NOT FINISHED. I just have a hard time see all the coding and figuring out what I need to do. so I will submit the incomplete profile now, and will finish it when I get off of work today, if not during my lunch.

JEDH3
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XEndlessX on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:45 pm

I hope you're still accepting characters and I would like to reserve a female if possible. Also not too sure about my FC yet. The last book I read was A Dance With Dragons(After The Feast).
Thanks!

XEndlessX
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:25 pm

@ XEndlessX, I am still accepting characters and your spot is reserved! If you need help finding an FC just PM me!

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XEndlessX on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 pm

Alrighty! I've found my FC, Sinon from GGO! I was hoping for her ability to be Acid Secretion, not necessarily always being a corrosive acid maybe toxic or flammable if thats ok.

XEndlessX
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!