Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

City Living

5th Floor Relationships

a part of “City Living”, a fictional universe by BurningBridges.

A look into the lives of the tenants of an apartment building at 304 W 14th Street, in Manhattan, New York

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “City Living”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

5th Floor Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Code: Select all
[font=garamond][center][left][img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/ad8ffe0cf6ce76c08d99adafe1fb4a94/tumblr_ndqqydNwlw1rlh2v4o4_250.gif[/img][/left][size=150]B R O O K L Y N - W E S T[/size]

[color=hex]"Quote about relationship"[/color]

Description of relationship[hr][/hr]
[left][img]https://67.media.tumblr.com/52a01cd71d174ceeb9b155a45cd2f892/tumblr_o5yqflWXUZ1u7lg06o9_250.png[/img][/left][size=150]C A R A - F O R R E S T E R[/size]

[left][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/986f6cc1f4d3794d41acbdc79f68285f/tumblr_inline_no4hobmciA1rx417o_540.png[/img][/left][size=150]C O L L I N - F O R R E S T E R[/size]

Description of relationship
[hr][/hr]
[left][img]https://em.wattpad.com/f0f5ca77dd731a0ad7518c623678e8793a92f1e1/687474703a2f2f33312e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f36353636383335643634643765626237653437663533353739316461653163362f74756d626c725f6d7a73316168516a47483173306272636a6f315f3235302e676966?s=fit&h=360&w=360&q=80[/img][/left][size=150]D E J A - B E N N I E[/size]

[left][img]http://static.tumblr.com/u3oesps/uA2mdni5a/innocent.gif[/img][/left][size=150]H O L L Y - M A D D O N[/size]

[left][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/00930dfc52f8796caaee279d72b0307c/tumblr_inline_oao64wqNtR1tae3h3_500.gif[/img][/left][size=150]J E S S E - H A L L[/size]

[left][img]http://s2.favim.com/orig/140410/city-of-bones-cob-robert-sheehan-the-mortal-instruments-Favim.com-1641521.gif[/img][/left][size=150]J U D E - D E M A R C O[/size]

[left][img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/4d59ee8bf7e5fd9af3835154aecafdff/tumblr_nhj350ia0a1qc58cto2_250.gif[/img][/left][size=150]L O Y D E - P E G A S U S[/size]

[left][img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/3dca7829600aa87834a563f90c30ce4b/tumblr_n4xc2t6Ri21qebu4so1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=150]M A K A Y L A - W R I G H T[/size]

[left][img]http://data.whicdn.com/images/104198967/large.gif[/img][/left][size=150]O L I V I E L L E - D U M P H E Y[/size]

[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/8xpQjP9.png[/img][/left][size=150]R O W A N - D A V I D S O N[/size]

[left][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/44b0e9cc635147d1cb6b2daf9bde9eec/tumblr_ohcfo4sZLg1uqyo67o1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=150]S A M - H A R R I S[/size]

[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/wQl6N1n.gif[/img][/left][size=150]T E D - M C B R I D E[/size]

[left][img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/8cce5bf910df7d1f3b9e0c52ea7b74fa/tumblr_mici7aiHV01rv6l1uo3_250.gif[/img][/left][size=150]T H E O D O R E - H E N D E R S O N[/size]

[left][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/37ec336a5d51410d78a9c5319b7e314c/tumblr_inline_n6749tD4ZX1s2nw7z.png[/img][/left][size=150]T H O M A S - C L E M N S[/size]

[left][img]http://www.vecernji.hr/media/cache/c0/a7/c0a7704e52e0319d9a47d9107bb7ddf5.jpg[/img][/left][size=150]T O N Y - G A R C I A[/size]

[left][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m82ffmVnTw1qatgalo1_250.gif[/img][/left][size=150]W E S T O N - G A R C I A[/size]

[/center][/font]
Last edited by BurningBridges on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: 5th Floor Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bandit on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:04 am

ImageB R O O K L Y N - W E S T

"Brooklyn is hard to like, but I guess once you actually get to know her, she's hard to hate, too."

For a while, Makayla actually strongly disliked Brooklyn. She was always giving Holly issues whenever she stayed with Cara, and she seemed like one of those people who were just always angry and bitter over something. Her energy seemed purely negative, with no good reason behind it. However, Makayla has grown to have a bit of a stronger relationship with Brooklyn over the past few months, once she realized that a lot of the girl's aggression is nothing more than a front. Makayla was the one who informed Brooklyn of Nick's cheating, and even though it was more so to spite Cara than it was to help Brooklyn, it must have earned Makayla some points in Brooklyn's book, because about a month ago, Brooklyn helped Makayla get a cocktail waitress job at the club she works at. Simply because of that, and the money she's making there, Makayla has decided to bite her tongue as best as she can, and be as civil as possible with the blonde, since she now knows that she's not entirely bad.

ImageC A R A - F O R R E S T E R

"Given what she does for me, I can't afford to dislike Cara. She's a little out of touch with reality, sure, but she's only been good to Holly and I, so I can't complain."

Makayla would never normally be friends with a girl like Cara. Cara's too wealthy, too privileged, and too delusional for Makayla to have anything in common with her, but Holly absolutely adores Cara, and the fact that the blonde is so good with her sister, and always willing to watch her, free of charge, while Makayla works, has been nothing short of a blessing. There are times when Makayla feels like Cara steps on her toes, when she goes out of her way to treat Holly to things that Makayla can't afford, but she's not in a position to complain, especially when she's pretty sure that Cara isn't doing it to be showy, but simply to be nice.

ImageC O L L I N - F O R R E S T E R

"He seems like a nice kid, but I don't really know him well."

From what Makayla knows, Collin is a nice guy. He seems smart and more grounded than his sister, which is a positive point for him, but Makayla doesn't know him personally. They're neutral acquaintances.

ImageD E J A - B E N N I E

"Deja's a sweetheart. I'm lucky to have good roommates who've managed to still like Holly and I after having to live with us for a few months."

Makayla does her best to mind her own business, and keep her and Holly's presence in the apartment as minimal as possible. She feels like with Holly's energy, they already make for bad roommates, so it's always been her motto to keep to herself, and be friendly, but not be overbearingly friendly. Even with that in mind, she's grown to like and appreciate both of her roommates, and she can't help but from caring about them to an extent where she does feel responsible for their well beings, sometimes. That applies to Deja, too, especially considering that Makayla has noticed that the girl has a wilder, more reckless side. She's not interested in playing Mommy to anyone, since she already gets enough of that with her sister, but that doesn't mean that she can't be watchful, sometimes.

ImageH O L L Y - M A D D O N

"Holly's more than a sister to me. She's my world, and as hard as it is to deal with her sometimes, I don't think I would have ever forgiven myself for not making the decision to take care of her after her mother was incarcerated. She's a lot to handle, but she's also the most positive person in the world, and she's the closest thing to family that I've ever had."

Holly's mother began dating Makayla's father years ago, and once she moved in, so did Holly. At first, Makayla found Holly to be troublesome and annoying, but upon seeing how naive and vulnerable she was, she eventually developed a soft spot for her. Part of it came from the fact that Makayla had been abandoned by her own mother, and watching someone be neglected by their mother, so horribly, brought out some sort of empathetic connection in her. When Makayla's father and Holly's mother were arrested and incarcerated, Makayla was old enough to go to college and continue on with her life. However, the prospect of seeing Holly be thrown into a foster care system that Makayla had watched fail some of her own classmates and friends left her feeling incredibly conflicted, and her conscience overrode her selfishness, when she legally accepted custody of Holly. It's been a roller coaster ride ever since, and while there are definitely times when Makayla is bitter, and wants to blame Holly for her having to sacrifice her youth and her own future, she loves the girl more than she has ever loved anyone else. When it comes down to it, Holly is the only family that Makayla has ever really had, and she's the one person that she would do anything for.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"He's not my favorite person on the planet, I can tell you that much."

To the outside world, Makayla and Jesse are simply friendly acquaintances. To their roommates, their friends who occasionally sleep together. What only the two of them know, is that Jesse is one of the few people that Makayla has sold her body too, when she's low on cash. Prostitution isn't something that anyone would brag about, and it's so self-depreciating and dehumanizing that Makayla actively avoids ever interacting with Jesse in a public setting. She wishes that she was financially capable of cutting him off completely, and telling him to fuck off the next time he offered her money for some sexual favors, but when it comes down to it, there are months when money is so tight that she is that desperate, so she knows better than to burn that bridge with him.

ImageJ U D E - D E M A R C O

"I know he lives with Cara. I don't know much more beyond that."

From the little that she knows of him, Jude seems like a nice enough guy. Makayla will see him occasionally when Holly is in Cara's apartment, and here and there they'll engage in small talk, but it doesn't ever go too deep.

ImageO L I V I E L L E - D U M P H E Y

"I appreciate her being cool with Holly acting like they've known each other for ten years when she sees us in the hallway."

Makayla likes to keep most people at a distance, mostly because she feels like any sort of friendship with anyone would be a burden on the other person. She comes with baggage, and beyond that, a big part of her issue right now is that she's too tired to develop relationships with people. Depressed is probably a fair word to use with her, but regardless of that, it can be said that Makayla only knows Olivielle through the hallway interactions that Holly insists on having with her.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"Sam seems nice, she really does. I feel like I might've been dismissive of her when she first moved in, but it wasn't meant that way. I was just tired, and, I don't know. It's hard for me to have the energy for anything beyond just the basic pleasantries."

Given that her financial situation was a lot worse when Sam first moved into the apartment, Makayla was a lot more stressed out than she is today. She also had to deal with the idea of a new person coming into the apartment and judging her and her situation with Holly (even if it was an unfounded worry, given that Sam was nothing short of nice), so she didn't know how to respond to Sam initially being friendly, to a point where it bordered on flirty. It led to Makayla wanting to act even more detached from her roommates. Things have normalized since then, and she's at a point now where she would like to get to know Sam better than she does at the moment.

ImageT E D - M C B R I D E

"He's the new guy on the floor, right?"

Holly has a fascination with just about every person she meets, so Makayla wasn't surprised when she insisted on introducing herself to Ted, soon after he moved in. From their limited interactions, Makayla thinks that he's a nice guy, but she still doesn't know him well.

ImageT H E O D O R E - H E N D E R S O N

"If I saw him in the hallway I would say hi, but that's probably as far as our relationship would extend to."

They're neutral acquaintances, only friendly out of the politeness that comes with being neighbors.

ImageT H O M A S - C L E M N S

"Quote about relationship"

ImageT O N Y - G A R C I A

"She's nice. Genuinely nice, I think, or at least, I hope."

Makayla knows Antonia, and probably first met her through Holly making some random and unnecessary comment to her in passing in the hallway. They aren't best friends, but they're definitely friendly, and although Makayla struggles to trust people, she's pretty certain that Antonia is genuinely nice, and not just pretending to be. Even so, that doesn't stop Makayla from occasionally feeling like the girl's kindness comes solely out of pity, and that she feels like she must be kind because Makayla's life is pathetic, or whatever other reason the more paranoid and self-depreciating side of her brain can convince her to believe. When that happens, it's not unusual for Makayla to turn down an invitation for free drinks or a meal at Tony's restaurant, simply because she feels like she's overstepping boundaries or taking advantage of the girl's kindness.

ImageW E S T O N - G A R C I A

Last edited by Bandit on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"…throw roses into the abyss and say: β€˜here is my thanks to the monster who didn’t succeed in swallowing me alive.'"
β€” Friedrich Nietzsche

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bandit
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Writer on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:56 am

"I love Brooklyn so much!"

A lot of the time, it's a one way love fest between Holly and Brooklyn, because while Holly seems to be enthralled by the blonde, the same can't always be said in reverse. To an extent, it's hard to blame Brooklyn, given that Holly has a bad tendency of wandering into Brooklyn's bedroom whenever she's at her apartment visiting Cara, and either waking her up when she's sleeping, or rifling through her belongings merely out of curiosity and fascination. Fascination is probably the best word to describe how Holly feels about Brooklyn. She thinks that everything the girl owns or does is cool, and rarely even notices when the blonde blatantly does not want her around.

"Cara is really nice, and if you ever need to borrow a scarf, or a bracelet, or anything, Cara will probably have a lot of them that you can borrow!"

Holly definitely idolizes Cara in a similar way to how she feels about Brooklyn, though it's different too, given that Holly spends a lot more time with Cara than Brooklyn. Cara has been overly kind in always offering to hang out with Holly when Makayla has to work, and though it's more so to avoid Holly burning down the apartment building or something, the socialization is something that Holly absolutely adores. It helps that Cara has money, which means that Holly can go to the movies with her, or get ice cream or dinner at a restaurant, which she can rarely do with her sister, but even beyond that, it's energizing for her to know that Cara likes being around her.

"One time, me and him and Cara saw a show on Broadway and it was funny, and I think Collin liked it because Cara said he likes seeing shows like that. He likes them even better than going to the movie theater, which is a little bit weird, I know, but it's okay, because Collin is still super nice."

Holly likes most people, and especially those who will humor her vivaciousness or actually show interest in her. Collin is always kind to her, sometimes unnecessarily so, or at least unexpectedly so for a twenty-year-old college kid, so Holly definitely likes him.

"I think she should have been the Empire State Building for Halloween, because she's so tall. Makayla is so short compared to her."

Holly adores having Deja as a roommate. She's fun, cool, pretty, and always doing something that can keep Holly entertained.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"Me and Makayla don't really like him, but we're still nice to him sometimes just because we like to be polite."

Holly doesn't dislike many people, and maybe she doesn't even truly dislike Jesse, but something about him rubs her the wrong way. It's possible that it's because he's a muscular male, and due to her past, guys like that usually just leave her feeling uneasy. The fact that Makayla doesn't seem to like socializing with him either only makes it easier for Holly to justify not liking him.

"I think he's Brooklyn's new boyfriend, now that Nick went away for a little while. I liked Nick being her boyfriend better than him, though."

Jude isn't incredibly fond of Holly, but she doesn't notice his shortness with her, usually. She would call him a friend if you asked her what she thought of him, simply because she sees most people as a friend, regardless of how well she knows them, or how much they actually like her.

ImageM A K A Y L A - W R I G H T

"Sometimes she gets like, a little bit of an attitude when she's tired and stuff, but Kay is still my best friend in the whole world."

They're not even biologically related, and yet Makayla has been more of a mother, father, and sister to Holly than anyone else in the world has ever been. It's quite possible that Holly wouldn't have even made it out of her childhood alive if it wasn't for this girl, and even though Holly is oblivious and ignorant to a lot of things, she's not blind to the fact that Makalya is the most selfless person she has ever met, and the only person who has loved and cared for her properly. Holly absolutely adores Makayla, and sees her as her best friend.

"Why do you think her mom wanted to name her Olivielle instead of just Olivia?"

It's hard for Holly not to like people, so especially considering that Olivielle is nice to Holly, it just makes sense that they get along well.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I do like Sam but sometimes, since her hair is so short, her ears are extra sensitive because she doesn't have hair to cover them, so if you're being loud, she's going to get, like, just a little bit angry, but then on the other days she's very normal and nice."

Sam is one of Holly's roommates, which does automatically mean that Holly likes her, but also means that Sam experiences Holly in greater doses than other people on the floor have to experience her in, so understandably, there are times when Sam just isn't in the mood to deal with Holly's incessant energy and chatter. It rarely bothers Holly when the girl shows disinterest in her, which sometimes might make the situation worse, but overall, she would only have good things to tell you about Sam.

"His name rhymes with red, do you think that's his favorite color? And it rhymes with... oh my gosh, it rhymes with dead! Do you think that means that he might die soon? If he does, I would have to go shopping and buy a pretty black dress. Maybe I should ask Cara to go shopping with me today, just in case."

Ted hasn't lived in the building very long, so Holly doesn't know him incredibly well, but she's friendly towards everyone, and Ted is no exception to that.

"I don't know if you know about this, but in Alvin and the Chipmunks, one of the chipmunks name is Theodore, and he's the nicest one. He's the one that wears the green shirt, and then Alvin wears the red shirt, and then Simon wears the blue shirt, and they have a dad who's just a regular person, but I forget his name, but I'm not really sure how he's their dad since they're chipmunks and he's a human. I think, maybe, he adopted them, or he stole them from the park, or maybe they're stuffed animals and he thinks that they can talk and it's just all in his head, but I'm not really sure. But anyway, Theodore is one of the chipmunks names, and it's also the regular Theodore's name, and just like the chipmunk, this Theodore is nice too. I'm not sure who's really nicer, but if they were both about to fall off a cliff and I could only save one, I would probably have to save the chipmunk because I think he would be so upset if I let him fall, because he's really sensitive. If you ever watch the movie or the television show, you'll totally know what I mean."

Holly finds Theo to be engaging and fun. She thinks that it's cool that he knows how to dance well, and can always find something she just has to tell him, if she sees him in the halls.

"Thomas is a boy who likes computers, and that's really all you need to know about him. But you also need to know that he's not a nerd, even though he likes computers. Makayla said just because he likes computers, it doesn't mean that he's a nerd. Maybe he just likes to play computer games."

Holly finds Thomas to be interesting, and they're definitely friendly (even though that's what 99% of Holly's relationships could be considered as, given her nature). She's still unsure of why he always has a computer with him, and it's definitely the subject of many of her questions.

"Well, I'm not really sure why she has the same name as a boy that I know, when she's a girl, but she's still nice and I like how her hair looks really soft! One time when me and Makayla were at the park, we were just walking and stuff, and there was a dog that was walking too, so I petted it, and it's fur was the same color as Tony's hair and it was really soft too, and I was going to tell Tony when I saw her, about how her hair looked just like the dog's, but Makayla said not to, because she might think that I'm saying it in a not nice way, even though it would be said in a very nice way because that dog was super stylish and Tony would probably be really lucky to look like him, so maybe next time I see her, I'll tell her."

Anyone who is willing to play into Holly's very picky taste palate, gets a gold star in her book, so the fact that Tony's bar has macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers when Holly's craving it the most, only makes Holly want to associate the best emotions in the world with the girl. She thinks that Antonia is very pretty and nice, and in her mind, Tony is definitely one of her friends.

"Weston is super nice, and tall, and smart, and I don't like him better than Zac Efron, but I still like him a lot. Like, it would be Zac Efron, and then him, and then maybe Justin Bieber, even though Kay says that we don't like Justin Bieber, but like, I still like him a little bit, just not as much as Wes or Zac Efron."

Last edited by Writer on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Writer
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:23 pm

"She's a homewrecker, but I'll take responsibility for my own fault in underestimating just how pathetically desperate she was, when I first met her."

When Brooklyn first met Cara, she thought the girl had the potential to be a friend. She knew Cara was wealthy, she was pretty, she knew how to shop, and she could party. It seemed like Brooklyn would get along with her seamlessly, because those were all things that she also valued. It was superficial, but being friends with someone who seemed to be integrated into high society so well, made Brooklyn feel like she could escape the life that she lived at some point, too. What Brooke thought made the deal even better, was that at the time, Cara had a boyfriend. Remove that guy from the situation, and Cara, apparently, became a backstabbing slut, because hours after she and Nick broke up after one of their very regular fights, Cara slept with Nick, who was Brooklyn's longtime live-in boyfriend. This occurred about a month ago, and if Brooklyn had anywhere else to go, she would have been the one to leave, but Nick opted to move out instead. Continuing to live with Cara, especially when this is "her" apartment, is very awkward, but Brooklyn refused to really register that. Because she's so careful about not showing emotions that may lead to her appearing to be vulnerable, she has actually been acting rather neutral around the other blonde. It doesn't mean that she doesn't want to kill her, but after now discovering that she was the one to underestimate Cara, she's trying to figure the girl out fully before she makes her next move.

"Collin has always just been 'Cara's little brother' to me. If I decide to go through with it, he may become more than that, soon enough."

Up until recently, Collin was always someone that Brooklyn was neutral with. He was on the quieter side, at least when he was around her, and he always had an appreciated tendency of minding his business more than his sister. He seemed like a nice kid, but the important word there was "kid". Maybe it was because she witnessed the older sister-younger brother dynamic that he has with Cara, but he just always seemed like someone who was too young for her to actually befriend as a true friend. Now that it's out that Cara slept with Brooklyn's ex, Collin seems like the perfect target for payback to Cara, and luckily for him, Brooklyn wants to stoop to the same exact level that Cara stooped to with Nick.

"Nick used to sell to her. I don't know her beyond that."

Brooklyn has never been the type to go out of her way to make friends, so she and Deja are neutral, if anything. However, Brooklyn always paid attention to who her ex was selling drugs to in the building, and she's aware that this girl was one of them.

"Someone needs to buy this child a leash and a muzzle."

Brooklyn isn't shy about how more than 50% of her interactions with Holly have her feeling like she needs an aspirin, a shot of vodka, and blood pressure medication. The younger girl is loud, intrusive, naive, and too touchy-feely for Brooklyn to feel comfortable around. At the same time, most people who know Brooklyn know that she likes complaining, and claiming that Holly is a bother is just an easy, go-to complaint that she can always make. Sometimes, it's said when Holly genuinely isn't even bothering her, because when it comes down to it, she doesn't genuinely hate the girl as much as she acts. Truth be told, Brooklyn has a little bit of a soft spot for her, actually. She's innocent, and pure and hasn't been damaged by the world, and nowadays, that's rare and admirable. Holly can make anyone smile, and though Brooke sometimes has too much of a hangover or just an attitude to want to deal with, her cheeriness is sometimes endearing. It's something that she would never admit, but Holly reminds her of her late sister, and that alone has brought out weird feelings in Brooklyn, that make it all the more easier for her to want to always snap at and belittle Holly, but at the same time, make it hard for her to do that wholeheartedly.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"If he didn't try and make everything about sex, I think I actually might consider tolerating his presence. I'm just not really into guys who won't take 'no' for an answer."

Like most people, Brooklyn appreciates flattering attention to some degree, but there's a difference between someone being kind and complimentary, and just being annoying. Jesse made his way into the annoying section a long time ago, when he constantly made advances on her and refused to respect that fact that one, she had a boyfriend, and two, wouldn't be interested in him even if she was single. She'll combat his advances with demoralizing and witty remarks, but she gets tired of him quickly.

"I don't have many close friends (shocking, right?), so the people that I am close with mean a lot to me. Whether I say that out loud, or not."

Brooklyn has known Jude for about four years, after her ex, Nick, introduced her to him. It took a while, but she grew to trust Jude and accept him as a true friend in her life, and by this point, she treats him sort of like a brother. He knows the side of her that contains the mood swings and difficult-ness, and how she never seems to be pleased with anything, but at the same time, he's been shown her loyalty, and how she's secretly sensitive, and is a very genuine friend to those that she values. She's opened up to Jude a lot over the years, and she doesn't regret it, considering that he's been a good friend to her in return. She puts up a strong and dismissive front, as if nothing can ever hurt her, and as if she doesn't care about anyone, but Jude knows her well enough now, to know that her heart isn't ice cold and that she cares about his well being a lot.
ImageL O Y D E - P E G A S U S

"She gained some points in my book a month ago, so I'll say we're on the better side of neutral now."

For a while, Brooklyn was unnecessarily bothered by Makayla, and they could be found getting into verbal altercations pretty frequently. Most of them centered around Brooklyn telling Makayla that she needed to learn how to control her sister better, and her unfairly critiquing the girl's skills as a guardian to Holly. It's likely that a lot of the criticism came from Brooklyn's own jealousy, for the fact that Makayla has a sister-like figure who needs and wants her so badly, and Brooklyn was deprived of that herself, years ago when her sister passed away. Lately, however, she's laid off with grilling Makayla, and that is only because Makayla gained some points in her book when she informed her that Cara and Nick had slept together. Brooklyn doesn't care about what Makayla's motives behind revealing that were, and she's not going to act like they're suddenly best friends, but it definitely brought some respect to the girl's name. Since she hates feeling like she owes anyone anything, Brooklyn helped the girl get a job at the club she works at, so she feels like they're even now, if she ever does want to return to belittling her.

"I don't really know her."

Brooklyn would rarely be labeled as friendly, so it should come as no surprise that she doesn't go out of her way to introduce herself to people in the building. Olivielle has only been on the floor for a couple of months, and in those few months, the two haven't had any remarkably noteworthy interactions.
ImageR O W A N - D A V I D S O N

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I don't really know her, but what I do know makes it pretty clear that she's nothing special."

More often than not, Brooklyn finds herself disliking people for no reason, or for no good reason, at least. With Sam, her reasons were easily justifiable to herself. The girl flirted with her boyfriend, and that alone led Brooklyn to wanting no part of her. Maybe it's extreme, but Brooklyn wasn't looking to make friends to begin with, so acting completely dismissive towards the girl, as if she literally doesn't exist, has been a habit that Brooklyn has adopted without shame.

"I barely know who he is."

Brooklyn could match the face to a name, but she doesn't know Theodore beyond that.

"I know he lives with that chick Olivielle. Don't know much more than that, though."

Brooklyn has seen Thomas on the floor, but she doesn't know him.

"We're friends, yeah."

Brooklyn and Antonia are friends. That much is definitely true. Are there times when Tony annoys the shit out of her, usually for calling her out on flaws and offenses that Brooklyn refuses to acknowledge that she has or committed? Most definitely. At the same time, their friendship is real, and unusually so, given that outside of the girls that she works with, Brooklyn has very few girl friends. She's not really complaining, though, because aside from having a big mouth, Tony has been a good friend to Brooklyn for as long as they've known each other.

Last edited by BurningBridges on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:16 pm

"Brooklyn isn't the easiest person to live with, but she's honestly just misunderstood."

Jude met Brooklyn about four years ago, having been Nick's roommate when he first moved to NYC. Jude knows that Brooklyn is hard to get along with sometimes, but he also knows that deep down she is sensitive and caring. It's rare for Jude to be patient with the kind of behavior that Brooklyn has, but because she is one of his oldest friends in the city he is ever loyal to her. Jude is also extremely protective of her and honestly just wants her to find contentment and happiness in her life. Jude realizes that Brooklyn can do whatever she wants with her life, but he can't help but feel a little responsible for her in a strange brotherly way.

"I don't really know where we went wrong."

Jude moved into Cara apartment as a favor to Brooklyn and Nick. He thought that he and Cara were getting on well, but since the whole cheating incident she's become somewhat of a terror. Jude doesn't appreciate the attitude Brooklyn has toward him or Brooklyn and knows he probably needs to find a new place to live sooner than later.

"Collin is a cool cat."

Jude hadn't expected to be good friends with Collin. He could only imagine, with knowing Cara from some social events, that Collin was just as pompous. However, Jude was pleasantly surprised to find that Collin was almost the complete opposite of Cara. Jude really likes Collin and finds that they always have good conversations and many interests in common.

"She's an interesting cookie, that's for sure."

Deja and Jude aren't the best of friends, but when he needs a free model she's his go to girl. They also hang out casually, and she's played his wingman on a couple of wild nights. Jude is often someone the Deja calls when he's too wasted to get home on her own, and Jude doesn't mind being that person for her. Jude admires her carelessness and sometimes wishes they were better friends. Overall they help each other out, but more out of a favor for favor rather than an actual friendship.

"I always thought I wanted to have children until I met Holly."

Jude, in all of his goodness, tries to like Holly. She's spirited and curious, which are usually two traits in a person that he would find admirable. However, Holly's lack of intuition and sheer ignorance drives Jude up the wall. Of course he is never outwardly rude to the girl, but he finds her annoying and nosy. Jude either tries to avoid her at all costs, or has the most mundane conversations with her.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"What an ass."

Jude has no respect for Jesse. Not only does the guy make lewd comments toward Jude, but he is constantly pursuing Brooklyn. Jude has no problem with Brooklyn dating, but this guy doesn't want what Jude thinks Brooklyn needs right now.

"I'd love to pick her brain and get a couple shots of her."

Jude doesn't know Makayla well. However, he does respect the fact that she would take in Holly and provide her with a semi-normal life. Jude always finds a need to photograph beautiful people, and he would love to get a couple of real shots of Makayla. He knows that she's rather reclusive and would probably refuse being in his photos, but for Jude that makes her even more interesting.

"Am I allowed to say that I think that she's beautiful? Because she is."

It's safe to say that Jude has a ridiculous crush on Liv. They're grown to have a fairly solid friendship and Jude admires that she's almost always a constant beam of optimism. Jude thinks that she's probably one of the sweetest people on the floor and loves that she's ever supportive of his work and always wants to see his latest shoot. One day Jude would love to ask her out of a date, but probably not until he's asked to take some pictures of her first. Somehow he always feels like he understands people better after shooting some photos of them, and maybe after doing a shoot with Liv he might know if she would even go on a date with him.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"Thank God I don't live with her, because we would probably kill each other and I couldn't live without her."

Jude and Sam have too much fun together. Despite their incessant arguing about pretty much anything, Jude holds Sam dear to his heart. Jude likes to think of his relationship with Sam as one that he might've had with his sisters, constantly bickering in good fun. Those who know Jude and Sam understand their bizarre relationship, but any stranger on the street might think they're a couple in need of some serous therapy.

"He seems nice enough."

Jude hasn't had the time to truly befriend Ted, but Jude would like to see what kind of friend he would be. They've had some nice interactions and short conversations, but overall Jude is interested in continuing a friendship with Ted.

"Such a great dude."

Jude has always respected Theo and his artistic medium. He knows how hard it is to be making a living in the city as an artist and the fact that Theo does that makes Jude admire him even more. Theo hired Jude to take some photos of his dance studio when Jude first moved in and the two instantly hit it off. Ever since they're nurtured a true bromance.

"There's just something about him that rattles my boots."

Jude doesn't know Thomas well, but he's never gotten good vibes from the guy. Seeing as Thomas is clearly more wealthy than Jude, better looking, and probably has better booze, Jude is pretty intimidated by him. So, instead of actually trying to get to know him Jude holds up a defensive front.

"She's probably one of the most independent women I've ever met. "

Jude isn't a good friend of Tony's, but he's found a familiar spot in her bar. They've engaged in some pleasant conversations, and Jude knows more about her from other people, but he has a lot of respect for the lady.

"He seems like a sweet kid."

Jude doesn't know Weston well. They've really only had hallway conversations and exchanged pleasantries. Jude can tell that Wes is a good kid, but he's just never had the time to get to know him.
Last edited by supertoastgirl on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 pm

"She's just a friend of a friend."

Deja and Brooklyn have never established a relationship. Deja was a client of Nick's, and knows Jude well, but she doesn't care to become friends with Brooklyn. Deja has heard a lot of stories about Brooklyn, and she doesn't want to add the negativity into her life.

"Psycho Barbie doll."

Cara reminds Deja too much of her boarding school days and of all of the fake biddies. Deja knew the moment that she met the stuck up bitch that they would not get a long. Deja absolutely hates people who think they're superior to others, and Cara takes pride in being the richest girl on the floor. In the beginning Deja tried to be civil with the girl, but Cara was dismissive and rude. Now Deja just tries to get through the hallway without punching Cara in the nose.

"Truly someone I want to get to know better."

Deja hasn't spent a lot of time with Collin, but she has always enjoyed his company. He seems to have a cute little nervousness to him, but Deja has always thought that was part of his personality. A trait she could understand with having Cara as a sister. Overall, Deja really likes Collin but hasn't had the opportunity to get to know him like some of the others.

"What a cute little curious kitten!"

Deja finds Holly to be the most adorable little thing. Deja loves to provide the girl with answer to her questions and fill her in on the ways of the world. Knowing that her way of life is probably not one that Makayla wishes for Holly, Deja holds her tongue most of the time. However, Deja does find delight in bringing Holly along with her when setting up boobytraps and pranking people in the apartment building.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"We've had some good times."

Jesse and Deja have an easy friendship. They tend to stick to familiar turf, going out to clubs and having fun. They don't hang out frequently, but they tend to take off in the same place that they left off. Disagreements occur between them, but they generally respect each other enough not to get into each others personal business.

"He's one talented son of a bitch."

Deja and Jude are good enough friends to confidently ask for favors of one another. Jude isn't the most sociable, so their relationship is secluded to photoshoots, making sure that Deja can get home safe, and lazy movie nights.

"If I had to choose a mama cat to take care of me, it would be Kay."

Deja respects Makayla's boundaries and genuinely appreciates the way that Makayla watchers out for everyone. Makayla is truly the mother hen in Deja's life, and someone who takes care of the misfits is an important character to Deja. They aren't the best of friends, seeing as they have different styles of life, but Deja finds enjoyment in going out or staying in with Kay.

"Too perfect to be true."

Deja loves Liv. Plain and simple. The two girls hit it off the moment they met, and Deja is glad that Liv comes to her when she wants to get trashed. Deja takes pride in being that wild friend who Liv comes to to have a good time. Despite their mutual love for the thrill of getting into trouble, Liv and Deja also have a common ground of understanding. It also helps that Liv lives with the most attractive guy on the floor.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"Another rare creature of beauty."

Deja and Sam also have a very solid relationship. They have a quiet mutual understanding of one another and are often found in good conversation. Deja and Sam are frank with each and have a hard time hurting each other's feelings. Sam is a great confidant for Deja and she often holds her advice over the words of others.

"Just another guy on our floor."

Deja really doesn't know a lot about Ted. They've had a couple of pleasant exchanges, but nothing beyond that. Deja honestly doesn't even know what he does for a living, and doesn't really care to expand her knowledge of him.

"A good boy I get into too much trouble with."

Deja and Theo are partners in crime. They both love to pull pranks and they're a dangerous duo to mess with. Deja truly loves Theo's sense of humor and his companionship. His confidence goes hand in hand with her confidence and they are stand up for each other. They are complete goof balls and come up with the most bizarre masterplans of fun.

"Tommy boy. He's killing me, I tell ya."

Deja and Thomas connect on a couple of layers. They're fairly good friends and find comfort in drinking together and discussing complex subjects. However, it is painfully clear that Deja would like to pursue something more with Tom. Or rather that she would like to jump is bones... But who knows, she might like a real adult relationship too.

"She's brilliant."

Deja, like Sam, works at Tony's bar. Deja and Tony get a long well, having the same kind of colorful personalities. Despite having two big personalities, these girls get along really well. Unlike anyone else, Deja respects Tony's authority, because Tony doesn't let it go to her head and have an attitude. With Deja, Sam, and Tony, they make a great pair of friends.

"Oh baby."

Deja knows that Weston doesn't think of her as his own friend... Which is probably true. However, Deja really does like cute little Wessy. It is common for Deja to go out of her way to bother him or make him uncomfortable, just because she knows he can handle her shit.
Last edited by supertoastgirl on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:14 pm

"Listen, I feel for her, I really do. Being cheated on sucks. But she doesn't need to take it out on me. I told her I didn't know he had a girlfriend, and I apologised. But she's been a total bitch to me regardless. We didn't even do anything but flirt!"

Nick and Sam had a flirtationship going for a while. As far as Sam knew, he was single. But Brooklyn has had a grudge against her ever since, and Sam has no time for her as a result. She's usually civil, but she also doesn't exactly try and restrain her tongue around the other girl.

"Cara's dad was the man that gave me the money to get out of escorting. He'd mentioned his daughter a few times, and he was definitely one of my nicer clients, so I figured he was the one to ask. In return, I've kinda been looking out for Cara. She's not that bad."

Ever since Cara's father got Sam out of escorting, she's felt like she should keep an eye on Cara. They're not exactly the most likely of friends, but they get along well nonetheless. They're more similar than one would originally have thought, which helps.

"I know him from being around the apartment and all, but can't say I actually know him."

Sam knows Collin from around, but they don't actually know each other. Honestly, Sam's fine with that.

"As far as roommates go, Deja's not half bad. She makes an excellent footrest and pillow."

Sam and Deja are super comfortable around one another. It's not uncommon to walk into 5B and see one of them chilling with their feet on the other or using them as a pillow. They have their occasional disputes, but for the most part, they're good friends.

"She can be a bit over the top, but she's not a bad kid. Her heart's in the right place, and she injects a bit of energy into the apartment."

Holly can be a little too energetic for Sam's tastes, but she still looks after her. While she doesn't know the exact details, she does know that she can't have had an easy life if she's living with her sister at 16. She doesn't get offended when Sam yells or snaps at her.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"He's around the apartment a lot- I think him and Makayla have a thing going on? But it's not my business. Jesse's chill. Like, I'm not calling him up to get coffee every single day, but whenever he is around the apartment, we hang out."

Jesse and Sam are somewhat friendly. She doesn't try and actively seek him out to hang out, but they get along whenever they do happen to interact. They'll probably never be much more than that, but Sam's perfectly okay with that.

"Oh man. Never have I loved somebody so much yet had so many arguments."

Sam and Jude are like siblings. They seem to be constantly arguing over something, but they're also incredibly defensive over each other. Their friends know how fond they are of each other, but they've remarked that, before getting to know them, they seemed like the most dysfunctional couple going, minus the actual couple-y stuff.

"It's a bit weird. I can't deal with her in public, but when it's just the two of us, we get along just fine. I don't get it, but she doesn't seem to be too troubled by it."

Sam hasn't yet gotten to the stage of letting her in fully, but she's still rather friendly with her when it's just the two of them. Liv seems determined to get to Sam, though, and Sam isn't exactly resisting.

"Rowan's my go-to man for whenever I just need to chill or vent or whatever. I mean, our friendship isn't as straightforward as it could be, but it's still more important than anything else.

From the moment Sam encountered Rowan in the hallway, there was something that drew her to him. At first, she was constantly teasing him, but as time went on, it became more of a concrete friendship. It was confirmed when they had the first of many deep conversations over a bottle of vodka. While she didn't say anything about her former... "career", she did reveal everything that had happened after her father's death. They ended up hooking up, but agreed not to let that complicate things. Sam loves him as a friend more than anything else, and she doesn't want to lose that.

"I first encountered him when I was on a 'date' with a client. We might have said hello, made small talk, but that was it. Then we met again in the hall and got talking, and we went and got coffee."

The age difference between Sam and Ted ensured they were never going to be besties, but they're kind of friends. They grab coffee from time to time, but Sam's being cautious. That age difference makes her a little uneasy, especially because she knows he knows her former job.

"Theo just seems to get me way more than anybody else does. He's good to be around when you're exhausted but also lonely, because he's not as draining as some people can be."

Sam first met Theo after an encounter with a former client, and she'd been feeling more vulnerable than usual. So Theodore saw past all her layers straight away, and they've been good friends ever since. Not many people realise how close they are, because they're not always hanging out, but Sam likes the lowkey friendship.

"Again, we first met at an event, back when I was escorting. I don't think we even spoke, but we did recognise each other at first. He keeps his mouth shut about it, and we're all good."

Sam likes Thomas, even if they do butt heads at times. She's not sure whether it's just as a friend or as something more, but she's okay just being friends for now. She likes to flirt with him regardless, though.

"She's hot, she's strong, and we work together. I love her as a friend, but, you know, if we went there I wouldn't exactly mind."

Sam and Tony had always gotten along, from the moment Sam picked up her first shift at the bar. However, when a former client of Sam's tried pestering her into 'one more date, one more date' and thought physical force would be the way to persuade Sam, Tony knocked him out with a tray and earned a firm place in Sam's heart. They get along fantastically now. They flirt quite a lot, and Sam freely admits that she wouldn't have a problem with bringing it any further. But, at least for now, they're just friends.

Last edited by partially-stars on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:01 am

"Strangers are friends I haven't met yet."

Liv hasn't been in the building long, the extent of her relationship with Brooklyn is her name and the occasional wave.

"Smile at strangers, you might change a life."

Well, I have only lived here for a few months so I recognize her vaguely...I would love to get to know her better.

"Remember that a good friend was once a stranger."

Collin is attractive, that's pretty much the only thing I know about him.

"Till the music is gone, party on."

Deja is my lady, my beautiful vice, my soul sister. I love hanging out with her when I have free time. She is not only drop dead sexy, but she is also a woman after my own heart when it comes to adventure.

"Children close their ears to advise but open their eyes to example."

I don't know her well but I love her enthusiasm. I do my best to treat her like the little sister I never had.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"Life is a strangers sojourn, a night at an inn."

I dont know Jesse very well, again, I haven't been here long.

"The world is too quiet without you near by."

Jude never fails to make me smile. He is kind, caring, and damn creative. I guess the best way to put it is I enjoy his company.

"Fear makes strangers out of would be friends. "

Makayla kind of gives me a weird vibe. No judgement, I just dont think she likes me all that much.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I am a stranger, learning to love the strangers around me."

Sam is an enigma. I am a fan. She is strong, and beautiful and an amazing person...at least what I have seen of her. I like to think I]m a good judge of character, and that girl is a good egg.

"Turn your face towards the sun, and let the shadows fall behind you."

Ted is great. He has been a 100% gentleman every time we have spoke. He is always kind and goes out of his way to help. I love that about him. Its nice to have someone to lean on in the building if need be.

"The best is yet to come."

Thomas is my roommate. He is very kind. We met when he placed an add in the paper for a roommate, and I happened to be in need of a room. He is extremely attractive which If i'm honest, makes living with him a little bit more entertaining. We have been living together for a wile, but we don't know a whole lot about each other.

"I am too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."

Tony and I have a neutral relationship. Its limited to a few hello'es here and there.

Last edited by emotionless on Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningBridges on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:57 am

"I try to stay out of her way, honestly. We live in the same apartment, but I've done a pretty good job at avoiding her, so I don't know all that much about her."

Collin overheard far too many of Nick and Brooklyn's screaming matches to really want to befriend Brooklyn. She's not bitchy like his sister is, so it's not like he can say he really knows how he would handle her. Brooklyn seems a lot different than the girl he grew up with, and not exactly in a good way. She's definitely hot, but in the way that all the hottest girls are crazy. She's definitely crazy, and Collin knows not to mess with that.

"Cara is the biggest pain in the ass in the world, but she's still my sister."

Collin will probably be the first person to agree with you that yes, his sister is spoiled, and yes, she's materialistic, and yes, she's selfish, but at the end of the day, she's his sister. Their mom is deceased, and their dad emotionally unattached, so Collin is willing to hold onto his relationship with Cara, if for no other reason than because she's the only real family he really has ever had. They butt heads constantly, and bicker all of the time, but they're siblings, and at the end of the day, they have each other's backs.

"I think Deja is a really awesome girl."

Collin might have a little crush on Deja, but it's something that he's never really been able to bring himself to act on. She's pretty, and fun, and spontaneous, and he's sure that she has a million and one guys already waiting in line for her heart. Besides that, he's completely content with just being friends with her, since she makes a great friend as well.

"Holly's a nice girl."

Collin knows that there must be something off with Holly, because he wasn't sixteen all that long ago, so he knows that she acts a bit differently than most people at that age. The energetic and always positive demeanor that she has is likable nonetheless, and if nothing else, he likes how Holly has brought out a gentler side in his sister.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"Most of the time, I like Jesse. He can be really chill, and all. Other times, though, I wish he would take it down a few notches."

Collin and Jesse are friendly, and they've hung out a few times too. Collin wouldn't say that he knows the other guy well, per se, but he's been around Jesse enough to know that he's not always the super chill, laid back guy that he usually is when Collin is around. Sometimes he feels weird about Cara being so close to him, given that inkling that Collin has that he has a darker side to him, but he can't put words to what it is about Jesse, exactly, that makes him uneasy, so he usually just lets it go.

"I've never had to share a bedroom with anyone before Jude came along, and even though I'd still rather have my own room, he's the best kind of roommate I could have asked for. Minds his own business, is friendly when necessary, and never starts any problems."

They've been sharing a bedroom for a while now, so Collin definitely knows Jude pretty well, and overall, he likes him. Collin gets along with most people, and he appreciates that Jude isn't a messy or overbearing roommate. They get along well, even if that doesn't mean that they're hanging out twenty-four/seven.

"I don't know him."

Collin recognizes that he's a new face on the floor, but he doesn't know him any better than that.

"We're not close, but what she does for her sister wins her a lot of points in my book."

Collin doesn't know Makayla well. The times that they interact generally revolve around Makayla coming by his apartment to retrieve Holly, after she spent the afternoon or something, with Cara. They'll make a little bit of small talk, just to avoid awkward silence, and Makayla will move on. Collin doesn't think her quiet tendencies have anything personal to do with him, and he's pretty sure that she's just a more private person than most. Even if he doesn't know her story, though, he knows that she must be a pretty good person to be willing to take care of a sister like Holly, especially when it's pretty apparent physically, that they probably aren't actually biologically related.

"I don't know her too well, but she seems like a nice girl. Attractive, too."

Collin has taken notice to Olivielle's presence on the floor in the past few months. It would have been hard for him not to, given that a pretty, friendly, young girl moving onto your floor is a pretty big deal for a guy like him. He's made some small talk with her, and thinks she's nice, but hasn't had a chance to get to know her in greater depth yet.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I've never had a reason to get to know her."

Collin knows who Sam is, but she just doesn't seem like someone who he would get along with well. Or, at the least, they don't seem like people who would have much in common. He has nothing against her, but they just aren't friends.

"He's another one of the newer faces on the floor. That much I know, but that's about it"

Collin hasn't had a chance to get to know Ted yet, since he only recently moved in.

"Theo's a nice guy. We're friends."

Theodore is pretty easy to get along with, so Collin likes him, and would call him a friend.

"I actually knew Thomas before he moved into this building. He works in a similar field as my dad, so I've seen him at some of the corporate events my dad has dragged me too."

Collin was never close with Thomas, but he easily recognized him when he moved in. The elite circles of Manhattan seem to intercept regularly, and as an up and coming trader on the stock market, Thomas was bound to run into Mr. Forrester at some point. Collin's dad took a liking to Thomas' skills, and at one point, offered him a job at his corporation. Although THomas turned it down, Collin's father continued to invite him to corporate events as a networking tool, and whenever Collin was dragged to those, he would sometimes make small talk with Thomas. He thinks Thomas is a good guy, and definitely a smart one.

"I knew Tony before she and Wes moved in, just as the girl who worked at one of the best hidden gems of the city. We're not best friends or anything, but we're definitely friendlier than normal neighbors."

Collin discovered The Drunken Puerto Rico, while walking home from school one day two years ago. One of their dishes became his go-to during his lunch break in between classes, so he was at the bar two or three times a week just to get that. Being there so frequently meant that he got to know Tony and some of the other regular employees, so when she and Wes moved in, Collin was already familiar and friendly with them. He would probably consider Antonia to be a friend, even if they aren't best friends.

Last edited by BurningBridges on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BurningBridges
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12 pm

"Can you blame me for thinking she's hot? And damn, that attitude she always has just makes me want her all the more."

Jesse has a not-so-secret crush on Brooklyn. It probably isn't a real crush, because he doesn't know her on an emotional or even surface level, and for the most part, it's based on how attractive he finds her. The fact that after he started flirting with her, she seemed turned off, turned him on even more, because he's definitely up for the challenge of a chase.

"Surprise, surprise - Forrester and I are actually friends. She's one of the few blondes in my life that I'm not trying to take to bed, too."

Normally, Cara would have been a typical pick for a girl that Jesse would want to get into his bed. At first glance, Cara probably was like that, but Jesse met her during a time when he was actually looking for friends, and it just happened that she filled that role so well, that he never tried changing where he stood with her.

"Little Forrester is pretty cool. If he grew some balls, the girls would be all over him. Give me a few months and I'll have his confidence level skyrocketing."

Jesse and Collin hang out from time to time, to play video games, or go watch a sports game, but they're not inseparable. Their friendship only really exists because Jesse is good friends with Collin's sister, Cara.

"Deja's a hell of a lot of fun. Who wouldn't want to be friends with that?"

Jesse likes the fun energy that Deja puts off. She's unapologetically herself, and her antics always leave him smiling, if not laughing. There are times when she seems immature, and he wishes that she would give herself some real ambitions and purpose, but he tries not to be a vibe killer.

"Apparently I did something wrong that makes me the one person in the universe that she doesn't overwhelm with conversation, but in all honesty, I kind of like the kid. At the very least, she's funny to bother for shits and giggles, or to bring me some entertainment when she bothers other people."

Jesse knows that Holly is oblivious and energetic enough to be able to push even the nicest people to the point of annoyance, so he does find it to be entertaining, from time to time, to convince her to go bother Tony or Sam or Brooklyn, someone who looks like they're already having a bad day. It allows him a laugh out of watching them try and be nice, all while knowing they probably want to strangle her.

"All I'm gonna say is that he had his chance to get some ass when Brooklyn's boyfriend was stepping out on her. He better not try and hop in now when it's my turn."

Jesse doesn't know Jude that well, but he knows that he's a close friend of Brooklyn's. Now that Nick is out of the picture, Jesse wants to make sure that this kid doesn't think that it's his time to step in and try to get some ass. He's had his time, and now it's Jesse's.

"Pricey, but she's a fun night in bed."

On the outside, one would just assume that Jesse and Makayla are friends. If you know either of them a little bit better, you would just assume that they're friends with benefits, people who occasionally sleep together. Neither of these are true though. In truth, Jesse is one of the few prostitution clients that Makayla still has. She's the only girl that he's ever slept with for money, and he only engaged in it with her, after walking in on her "working" with the building manager, when he was dropping off his apartment deposit. He found out her secret, and given that he has a darker side that involves a love for control, power and sex, he used it against her. He's not sexually assaulting her or anything like that, and it's strictly, "if you do this, I'll pay you x amount of money", but obviously, a true friend wouldn't exploit someone's need for money for their own sexual desires.

"Don't ya just love it when hot chicks move into the building?"

A few months after moving in himself, Olivielle moved in. She's probably lived on the fifth floor for two or three months now, but to Jesse's dismay, they haven't crossed paths frequently enough for him to get to know her yet. She's got a face that makes him want to, though. That's for sure.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"Most of the girls in this building are chill. Sam's no exception."

Jesse doesn't struggle to get along with most people. If they're cool with him, he's going to be cool back, and because of that, he finds it to be easy to hang out with Sam when they end up in the same place at the same time. They don't usually go out of their way to hang out, and they aren't deeply close with one another, but they're definitely friendly with no real issues.

"The new guy, right? Haven't really spoken to him yet, but I've seen him around."

Jesse doesn't know Ted.

"How can you not like Theo?"

Theo's the easiest roommate to have. He's got a good heart in him, is funny, confident, and loyal. He's not demanding or high maintenance, or messy or overly loud. Jesse couldn't conjure up a real complaint about him if he wanted to. They're definitely good friends, and Jesse is glad to have him as that, and as a roommate.

"We're too similar for our own good, probably. Doesn't mean I'm ready to give her up, though."

They've got the friends with benefits thing down to an art, and yet, Jesse and Tony are more than just two people who know how each others body works in magical ways under the sheets. They're friends outside of the bedroom, too. The kind who can watch the big game together down at Tony's bar, or spent the entire night competing in video games in Jesse's apartment. It's funny, because in a lot of ways, they really are good for each other. At the same time, they both have a more reckless side - one, that for Jesse, can become fueled on aggression and anger, and when those sides come out in them, they're compatibility levels seem to dwindle very quickly.

Last edited by Miserable on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Miserable
Member for 16 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:13 pm

T O N Y
G A R C I A

"I like her. Probably shouldn't, but then again, I don't always do what I'm supposed to. One of the few girl friends I've got that makes shopping a touch bearable and we can always drink together."

Tony and Brooke are friends, which Tony appreciates. She didn't exactly move into the apartment building with the intention of making enemies, after all. And sure, Brooke's bouts of meanness incite and eye roll and Tony reaching for the nearest shot of alcohol, but she likes the girl enough and what they have is real, surprisingly enough.

"Listen, I'll tell her to her face, it's not like I don't like her. She hasn't done anything for me to dislike her. That doesn't necessarily mean I like her either. I'm usually a lot more cut and dry about stuff like this, but Cara ain't my type and I try to limit how much time I spend with her. She ain't winning no extra brownie points for sleeping with Brooke's ex. That's just shitty, regardless of them being over at the time. No matter, she hasn't done anything to me so you won't see me at her door giving her lectures. "

Tony has never been the type to be impressed by wealth, but even less so when the person can't even boast about it being self-earned but them being a benefactor of their family's success. It doesn't help that Tony caught on to the underlying sense of superiority that Cara has, which has only made Tony aspire to limit their already meager interactions as they are. She doesn't want to accidentally backhand the girl or anything.

"Collin's a good kid...a great one, even. Don't really like the company he keeps, but there's only so much you can do when the company is family, but whatever."

Collin had been pretty much a regular at The Drunken Puerto Rican before Tony had even found out about the apartment and while they weren't exactly making promises to buy friendship bracelets or anything, Tony definitely did like the student who had become a faithful customer. Collin's nice and more than anything, she appreciates the genuine friendship he has forged with her brother.

"This child, I swear..."

Tony might mildly comment that Deja is too much, but anyone who knows her knows that she wouldn't love Deja as much if she wasn't all that she was. Deja reminds Tony of her younger self just a touch and though she hasn't changed by much, the maturity and discipline the reserves taught her brings about a protective sisterly role that only Wes has been privy to. Though her maturity probably can stand to be questioned when she's laughing at Deja's latest prank or even, though rare, helping out.

"Kid's a damn handful. How Makayla doesn't stay in a constant state of high or tipsy is beyond me, but she's a saint for dealing with the kid twenty-four seven. Holly's a sweetheart though. Don't trust no one who says they don't like her. How do you not like the purest little cinnamon roll you're ever gonna find in this city?"

When Tony was growing up, she remembers checking in with her Dad after walking home from school with Wes only to see him giving less fortunate kids in the neighborhood chicken tenders and fries, burgers, mozzarella sticks, and a few kid friendly foods on the bar's menu, and she was always assured of the meal as well. And it's one tradition she's vowed to keep going as long as she is in charge of the bar. Which is why Holly is assured free meals, not because she happens to pity Holly and Makayla, but out of respect for her father's legacy. Tony really likes the girl and while she can understand other people's need for distance from her at times, she doesn't see it possible for anyone to dislike Holly and her boundless energy.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"I know what Jesse means to me and it's a lot more than most dudes I've gotten into bed with. At the same time, that doesn't mean he's good for me or I for him. But I'm a possessive bitch and I don't like letting my things go easily."

This thing that Tony has with Jesse...when it's good, it's good. They're pretty cool about what kind of a relationship they have where neither get jealous if the other hooks up with whomever they want to hook up with, but they also hook up from time to time. And it's good sex, Tony can't even lie. They also are good friends who vibe very well, play video games and there hasn't been a game since she's moved in that they haven't watched together. At the same time, they have a great capacity for being bad, a definite sign that they shouldn't be as close as they are. A bit of that dark side of Jesse invites a bit of a more reckless and daring side of her, one that doesn't really care about limits, even less so than Tony does on a regular basis. She knows she shouldn't goad him during his bad moments. At the same time, Tony's not the type to let anyone intimidate or put fear in her, regardless of who they are to her.

"Jude's a cool guy, that much I can say."

Tony thinks Jude's a pretty nice guy considering their interactions have been on the polite side, but that's really all there is to say about their relationship.

"From what I can tell, he's a good guy. Definitely a lot more progressive than the fuckers I've met who still insist that girls can't run bars."

They're not close and Tony isn't of the mind to force them to be, but she definitely respects guys who respect her. Loyde's a nice guy and she does appreciate his help from time to time. Just so long as he doesn't act like she owes him anything later.

"What can I say? I'm a sucker for cute and she's gorgeous. Pretty sure she wouldn't be interested, but that don't stop me from admiring the view."

For all of her ability to pull both guys and girls, and being a rather forward individual, Tony's got a bit of a crush on Makayla that the other woman either hasn't noticed or doesn't care to notice. Which is fine with Tony; she's not the type to pressure on people, even if a bit of her intentions are more of Tony wanting to actually take Makayla on a date or two as opposed to just jumping her bones. She kinda wants to do both, but that's besides the point. The point is that Tony respects anyone who looks after their siblings like Makayla does, like she herself does. She's also just happens to find Makayla ridiculously atttractive as well. And so when she offers Holly food or even Makayla free drinks for the night, it's definitely not out of pity. For one, it's out of acknowledgement that the other woman is working hard and if Tony can alleviate just a touch of her stress, then she would. Two, she knows it's what her father would have done and three, she's selfishly keeping Makayla in her orbit for just a little bit longer, if only to admire the view.

"I mean, she's cute? That's really all I can say here for now."

Considering the fact that Liv has only been in the apartment for three months, she and Tony have yet to really develop anything more than happening to live on the same floor.

"Listen, Rowan's like family. Mess with him and you mess with me - period, point blank."

Second only to her relationship with her brother, Rowan is Tony's longest relationship in the building - a close friendship that has spanned three years. They had always shared a lot of similarities and clicked quite easily since that first time he worked for her dad. She had respected how talented he was and him being good at something she genuinely believes he can make good money off of, and the fact that he had been such a good friend. When Tony took over, she didn't hesitate to keep Rowan when he needed the extra money and still makes a habit of looking out for him.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"This is my partner in crime right here. She's literally the only person besides Wes and my uncle Miguel that I would trust to leave in charge of the bar if I had to handle business. She's great."

Now could Tony just go ahead and sleep with Sam after all this flirting and subtly hinting at the possibility of a hook-up? Yes and it's definitely not like she hasn't thought of it. Will she? Now that's a good question that Tony doesn't have the answer to, but for now she and Sam are really good friends. They clicked instantly when the other girl started working at the bar and they've only gotten closer since. Sam just became one of those people Gony really trusts and respects.

"Let me just say if you wanna swindle a few bucks off a couple of a guys while shooting pool, Theo is your guy."

Tony has a lot of respect for people who stick up for others and don't have a problem with being bold, and Theo fits the criteria for that. They met when a neighbor brought him to her bar and introduced them, and they've been pretty much friends ever since.

"I mean, he's one of my neighbors. Nothing really more to say about that."

After meeting once at her bar, Tony and Thomas haven't exactly had time to see to any development in their relationship. When she sees him in the hall, she acknowledges his existence but as of right now, that's about it.

"He likes to act like he's too big for it now, but Wes knows he's my baby. He's literally my life. Like, fuck with him and I fuck your everything up. I'd kill for this kid."

From the second her father brought Weston home, the kid had become Tony's world and that is the case even to this day. There's not much Tony wouldn't do and if there was one dream she could've wrote when her teachers asked her what she hoped for in this world, it is definitely his success and happiness. These two are fiercely protective of one another and while they definitely do have their moments, Tony knows she'd go to the ends of the earth for Wes and that the feeling is definitely mutual. Has a bit of her childhood been lost due to being responsible for him? Did she miss an opportunity to really think about what she could've been and done? Yes to it all, but there's not one regret in Tony's bones. She knows that if Wes succeeds, they both do and that's what counts. Besides, if she does start feeling anything negative towards him, she knows she can just politely give him a Wet Willy. She'll just have to immediately run to her room and lock the door afterwards.
Last edited by chanelindistress on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:34 pm

"Uhm, who?"

Theo would know who Brooklyn is if he saw her. But other than speaking towards her, he wouldn't do. Maybe a small wave but that's about it.

"Well, I tried."

Theo tried flirting with Cara once he moved in but she didn't notice. He doesn't have anything personal against her but her attitude towards most people really bothers him. Theo hasn't honestly said anything towards about it yet but if it gets too out of hand, he'll definitely have to say something.

"Great dude here."

Theo and Collin are friends. Simply put. Just like himself, Collin is really easy to get along with and Theo doesn't really mind his company.

"My partner in crime right here!"

Theo and Deja are real troublemakers once they are together. They've done so much as a duo and have been known to pull pranks on each other and others. Theo admires Deja because she is more like him and loves her like a sister. They both are very confident individuals and are absolute goofballs once they are around each other. Both of them are very dangerous once you get them together and there is no telling what sort of pranks these two are ever going to pull.

"She is so fun and energetic! I honestly like this girl!"

Theo knows that Holly will come to him just about anything, really and he doesn't mind that or her presence. Theo liked the fact that Holly comments on his dancing and cannot help but smile when she does. He really loves the fact that she is so energetic and just so full of life.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"My roommate right here! But he is also a friend."

It seems like ever since Theo and Jesse moved in together, they've hit it off instantly. Theo doesn't really have anything bad to say about Jesse and he is an awesome roommate to have. Theo likes Jesse because he is bold and stands up for people, just like himself.

"Dude, want to come and take more pictures of my dance class?"

Theo and Jude are closer than most brothers ever since they met. They both have artistic sides to them and have really bonded with one another. Theo couldn't help but ask Jude to take some pictures of his dance class after seeing his amazing photography work.

"I don't know her enough to really like or hate her. So as far as I know, she's cool."

Makayla and Theo are very neutral towards each other. Either one of them really having anything bad to say about each other or to each other. If Theo sees Makayla anywhere, he'll definitely speak to her, no matter what.

"She's my early morning stop. Not like that but I stop by and get coffee before anything else."

She may be a bit newer to the building but Theo has seen her at her workplace every single morning. Theo stops by Central Perk before starting his day and has interacted with Olivielle on more than one occasion. Because of his frequent visits to the coffee shop, they've became friends.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I saw past that wall and broke it. She is actually pretty cool."

Theo met Sam through a client of hers and ever since then, he has managed to get to know her better than anyone else and have grown closer towards Sam ever since. Their friendship is on the down low and not many people even know that they're friends. Theo hopes that Sam would eventually open up but that's easier said than done.

"Mind if I come over tonight?"

Theo has spent a few nights inside of Ted's apartment, even staying the night on a couple of nights. They may have slept with one another on one of those nights and that started a small attraction between the two. Theo has an amount of feelings for Ted but is a little bit afraid to express himself because it might ruin what kind of friendship they have.

"How can you hate me? I mean honestly."

Nothing more to be said here.

"I know of him but do not really know him."

Theo only knows Thomas through association with his roommate, Olievelle. They do not know each other well to have a problem with one another so they are really neutral by association.

"My other partner in crime!"

So, Theo met Tony when one of the tenants brought him to her club and she offered him drink. Of course, it really didn't end there between them. As the night rolled on, they started talking and talking then went over to play pool. A random drunk guy made a bet with them, of course they won and split the winnings. They have been friends ever since that night. Theo admires the fact that Tony is very direct, as well.

"One of my crushes that I actually like, to be honest."

Theo and Weston met on the fire escape when Theo was out there reading a book one day. He had no idea that Weston was Tony's brother until he seen the two of them together. Theo honestly likes Weston and might have a small crush on him. Theo knows that Weston flirts with him and without even realizing at times, he flirts right back with him.
Last edited by Sunflower on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 am

"What I did wasn't nice, but if she wants to be mad at anyone, be mad at Nick. He's the one who owed her loyalty. I've already given her enough by letting her stay here"

Cara knows that sleeping with Nick was messed up. It was an impulsive move, and one that she knows she should take more responsibility for, but one, in her defense, was done after a night of drinking, and included a completely consensual Nick, who, might we note, was the one who owed Brooklyn his loyalty. Cara and Brooklyn were on good terms before that, and definitely friendly, but they weren't best friends, and they never even hung out one-on-one unless they both happened to be in the same room of the apartment at the same time. Part of Cara genuinely does feel bad about all of this, but she has an ego too, and she doesn't want to have to accept total blame, when she doesn't feel like she deserves total blame. She mostly just ignores Brooklyn's existence now, and at the same time, tries to push the guilt off of her conscience, even though it's not really working.

"He's the favorite child now, and I hate him for that, but it's more of a love-hate relationship. He's my little brother, after all. I'm pretty sure it's my job to give him a hard time."

Cara and Collin probably bicker now more than they did when they were kids. Part of that can probably be attributed to the fact that they're living in a much smaller apartment than they did growing up, and also, to the fact that Cara has a lot less to do nowadays than she did back then, so it's easier to find the time to pick on her brother. Truth be told, though, she loves Collin. He's a good boy and brother, and she knows that, and despite nitpicking his every action, she's proud of him and how well he does with school, and in general in life.

"Unimportant trash. Is it just me, or does she seem like she's always on drugs?"

Cara likes being the person who gets to be dismissive and judgemental towards other people, so feeling like Deja felt superior to her, at least to an extent where she thought she could choose whether or not they would be friends or not, was surprising and unacceptable in Cara's book. It led to her disliking the girl even more than she originally would have.

"Holly is one of a kind, and impossible not to love."

Cara has time on her hands, and Holly has given her something to do, something to make her feel important. For the past year or so, she's been watching Holly whenever Makayla is working and Holly's not in school, and though Holly definitely is a handful, Cara genuinely enjoys hanging out with her. Holly has given her a purpose, so to speak, considering that Cara doesn't work, and has only been taking one or two courses per semester in college, and that doesn't take up a whole lot of time. She's developed a strong bond for Holly and genuinely, really genuinely, cares about her.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"He looks (and tries to act) a lot tougher than he really is. Jesse and I might be unlikely friends, but he's actually a really good friend."

On a real level, Jesse isn't someone that Cara ever would have envisioned herself befriending. Even when you only consider their socioeconomic statuses, with her coming from a family that could financially allow her to not have to work a day in her life, and him coming from a home with a substance-abusing mother and incarcerated father, it's simple to see that they don't necessarily have much to relate to each other about. How they became friends, Cara's not even sure. It probably begun with them just being friendly in the hallways, and then Jesse making some comment that got her to laugh, and eventually led to him asking her to grab lunch or something those lines. Whatever it was, ever since then, things have always felt natural, and most importantly, platonic. Cara isn't blind to how attractive Jesse is, but she likes having him as just a friend. It's plain and simple that way.

"He was never really a problem personally, but I only let him stay here because he and Brooklyn were part of a package deal that came with Nick. Now that Nick is gone, he can go too."

Cara never had anything to hold against Jude on a personal level, because he has never been all that bothersome to her personally. However, now she likes to claim that he does have an attitude, and she regularly expresses how unwelcome he is here.

"He moved into the building right around the time that one of my roommates moved out for a reason I don't even want to think about right now, so I've kind of been too busy to care about him, or most of the other people who moved in around that time."

Cara has had too much on her mind lately to focus on getting to know any of the new faces. With time forcing her to leave the past in the past, she'll soon be able to focus on getting to know these people better.

"I think Makayla and I are friends. We're not friend friends, because we're just kind of too different for that, but we're friends enough."

Admittedly, if it wasn't for Holly, Cara probably never would have spoken a word to Makayla. The girl is too quiet on her own, and that, coupled with how she doesn't seem to have anything in common with Cara, makes it hard to imagine that Cara would have ever had a reason to reach out to her. Holly's friendliness warmed Cara's heart, though, and soon after they moved up to the fifth floor, Cara found herself spending her afternoons with Holly. Makayla seemed reluctant to accept the help at first, but Cara became insistent on it. She knows that by now, Makayla needs her more than she needs Makayla, but Cara genuinely does not help her out just to be able to hold that over her head. She likes Makayla, she really does. She just finds that it's a lot easier to hang out with Holly one on one, than it would be to hang out with her sister.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"We don't spend Friday nights painting each other's nails and having sleepovers, but Sam is nice. I guess we're friends."

Honestly speaking, Sam doesn't fit in with the people that Cara would conventionally consider to be her friends. With that said, though, Sam is usually nothing but nice to her, and Cara accepts and returns that kindness. Just because she wouldn't have chosen Sam as a friend out of a group of people, doesn't mean that she won't accept, and now appreciate, having her as one given that this is what the cards have dealt her.

"He moved into the building right around the time that one of my roommates moved out for a reason I don't even want to think about right now, so I've kind of been too busy to care about him, or most of the other people who moved in around that time."

Cara has had too much on her mind lately to focus on getting to know any of the new faces. With time forcing her to leave the past in the past, she'll soon be able to focus on getting to know these people better.

"I don't think that I've ever been rude to him. I just don't like wasting my time (or anyone else's, for that matter), if I know I'm not interested in whatever they're offering."

Cara and Theo used to be more neutral than anything, exchanges hello's in the hallways. He tried hitting on her soon after that started, though, and while he was doing it in a pretty respectable and polite way, Cara responded dismissively, and they basically ignore each other now.

"I try not to talk about people that I don't know, but in my opinion, I do think it's kind of weird that Makayla lets Holly hang around this girl's seedy dive bar sometimes. No offense to her, but that's not really much of a legacy to boast about."

Cara and Tony rarely interact, and even when they do, it's not aggressive or malicious. Simply, the two girls just don't have personalities that would mesh well together, and they both clearly know it, which is why they avoid crossing paths when possible.

Last edited by LaurenAFI on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 am

W E S T O N
G A R C I A

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby la.lune on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:54 am

Image Image

⌠ 21 // Bartender & Aspiring Musician // Apartment 5C // Creative ; Loyal ; Teasing ⌑

"Deja and I have a pretty weird relationship, but she's fun and hot so I'm cool with it."

"Holly's kind of impossible to dislike, she's such a sweet kid."

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"Jesse's a pretty good flatmate, even if he is constantly messing with me."

Jesse and Rowan only met for the first time when they moved in together seven months ago, despite being quite different people, the pair got along amazingly. Jesse often treats Rowan like a little brother, as he is the youngest in the flat, and his constantly teasing him and getting Theo to join him in messing with Rowan. It's all good natured, however, and Rowan enjoys the banter that 5C has, it makes for a much better atmosphere than some of the other flats have.

"Can't say I really know the guy on a personal level, but Jude seems nice so I wouldn't mind hanging with him some time."

"Loyde and I don't know each other that well, all I know is he's an author which is pretty cool."

"There's no denying Liv is beautiful, plus it's fun to mess with her because she's so damn competitive."

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I may have only known Sam for seven months, but she's my go to girl if I just wanna chill and have a DMC."

Rowan first met Sam on the day he moved into the apartment. A little nervous, it must have been written all over Rowan's face that he wasn't too sure about this, which gave Sam the perfect opportunity to tease him about it. Having to deal with the nickname of 'new boy' for a few weeks, Rowan loved that Sam was such a fun and approachable person, even if she certainly did have a fiery side to her. The pair grew closer a few months later, on a dusky night over a bottle of vodka they talked about everything. Finding common ground in having both lost a parent, and having perhaps had far too much to drink, Sam eventually ended up in Rowan's bed. That happened a few more times, but the two still remain adamant that they are just friends, even if there are some hidden feelings.

"Theo's the whole reason Ted and I were introduced, he seems cool and going out for a couple drinks with the two Theodore's is pretty fun."

"Theo is my main man, he's so chill."

Again, despite only meeting seven months ago, Theo and Rowan get along like a house on fire. As they both pursue a creative medium, the pair are often found sharing their talents with one another. Many times Rowan has attempted to teach Theo a simple instrument like the ukelele, which goes just about as well as Theo trying to teach Rowan how to dance - A guy with two left feet. Below the surface, there may be more than just platonic feelings growing, but Rowan masks that by playfully flirting with Theo rather than them talking about how they feel.

"Tones is the only person I've known longer than living in the apartment, and goddamn I love that girl."

Tony and Rowan first met when he got a job at her fathers bar, The Drunken Puerto Rican, over the summer of his senior year. Being low on funds, Rowan was just trying to make enough money to pay the rent when he met Tony - a vivacious girl who pretty much (platonically) stole his heart from the outset. She was always so full of confidence and seemed so alive to Rowan that he couldn't help but want to befriend her. Having now been friends for three years, Rowan continued to work shifts at the bar when it fell into Tony's hands, and was there to support her should she ever need it (although that was rare), Tony is the entire reason Rowan is even living in the apartment. Having noticed that he'd been sofa surfing after leaving his family home, Tony suggested that Rowan check out the newly free apartment 5C in her building. Which is how he finally got a somewhat stable home.

"I've known Wes as long as I have Tony, although we've never been as close, he's an interesting guy."

Last edited by la.lune on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

la.lune
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Torrentwolf on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:48 pm

L O Y D E - P E G A S U S

"I haven't meet her yet but I'm sure we'll get along "

Loyde can't say anyone good or bad about his neighbor as he hasn't meet her yet, but he's sure they''ll get along just fine.

"The woman is confusing as heck. One minute she's a stuck up brat then she pulls a one eighty and she's somewhat decent."

Though he has not yet had the opportunity to meet her in person Loyde has heard plenty about her. He's heard about her "Holier than thou art" attitude and how she looks down on the rest of the tenants because she came from high class. Another he heard was he had an affair with another tenants boyfriend which, while the boyfriend is deserving of great ridicule, just paints a bad image in his head. As far as he was concerned she was trouble he had left behind that was to be avoid. But every now and then he has seen her taking care of Holly and then his mind goes into a tailspin as he only knows her as the spoiled rich girl. Loyde has no doubt she's a spoild brat but what the heck is up with "other side" he sees every now and then?

"Hope he's not like his sister"

Loyde has yet to meet him but he is hesitant. Given the last name he hopes personality doesn't run in the family.

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

" I don't know Rowan that very well but he appears to be a nice fellow. I also found out he's a musician, which is nice. It's always a treat to listen to another artists work. "

Loyde doesn't know Rowan to a great degree. The two met when Loyde moved in and they got into a conversation. They learned a bit about each other, Loyde about Rowan being a musician and Rowan that Loyde as an up and coming author. Loyde respects and appreciates Rowan's line of work and looks forward to hearing some of his work when the time permits.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

[/center][/font]
Last edited by Torrentwolf on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Torrentwolf
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby baker.tx.94 on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:04 pm

[center]ImageB R O O K L Y N - W E S T

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"Few people are lively and interesting as that guy."

Ted has had some brief interactions with Jude that made Ted's heart warm. He's a good guy with a golden smile. Ted has offered him a drink at his place quite a few times, and although he has yet to take him up on it, Jude has seemed quite enthusiastic.

ImageS A M - H A R R I S

"I am that I am."

I don't really like myself all that much, but I'm kinda stuck with me.

"What's love got to do with it?"

Theo is an exceptional friend and companion - Ted learned that rather quickly in the three weeks he's lived on the floor. Ted immediately sensed something special about Theo, so he asked him out for a drink one night. At this point, Theo is a regular guest at Ted's apartment, usually just Netflix or drinks. They've spent a few nights, however, exploring each other more intimately. Ted doesn't really have any romantic feelings for Theo - he likes the fun and he enjoys his companionship.

"That young kid down the hall with a cute smile? He's adorable."

Ted doesn't know much about Weston, but he can't help but have a small crush on him. Everytime he's seen him in the hall, he's found his eyes drifting toward's the younger male's butt. Besides that, their interaction is miniscule.

baker.tx.94
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StarStruck on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:31 pm

"I was never really a big fan of her ex, but I like Brooklyn. She's fiery and sometimes just downright rude, but it's a give and take thing with her."

Friends

"Um, she's really pretty. She's nice, too. I don't think she would say that we're friends or anything, but I think I can get away with saying that we're friendly."

Friends - he has a crush on her

"He seems like a nice kid. Don't know him that well, though."

Friendly

"She's one of those people who can make you laugh on your worst days. Deja's crazy, I won't deny that, but she's so good hearted that it's easy to look past that."

Good friends

"I'm not gonna lie. When I first met her, I thought she was a little weird. I think everyone probably thought that, the first time that she started talking to them like she had known you for ten years, when that was literally the first time you had ever crossed paths. She grows on you, though."

Friendly

ImageJ E S S E - H A L L

"He's a good friend. He has his flaws, and there are times when he pisses me off, but Jesse's someone I hang out with regularly."

Good friends

"He's a good guy. One of those people who you can't say much bad about them."

Friends

"Soon after I moved in, Holly caught me in the hall and somehow it came up that Makayla had been sleeping on an air mattress for a couple of months after her bed fell apart during their move from an apartment on the first floor, up to there. I felt bad, especially since she seemed really embarrassed by Holly bringing it up, and ended up buying a cheap bed frame from Ikea and putting it together for her, after pretending that it was one of my friend's who was moving out of the city and was trying to unload his furniture. We're not friends or anything, but we've been on a friendly basis after that."

Friendly

"She's that pretty girl who lives down the hall. She seems really nice, too."

Friendly

ImageS A M - H A R R I S
"I think I could probably say we're friends by now, but friendly seems safer. Sam's always cool when I see her at Tony's bar. She's nice and all that, we just don't hang out very often."

Friendly

"Theo is a nice guy. We get along well enough, I think."

Friends

"I don't know him well enough to say anything."

Neutral

"I fixed the heating system in her bar a while back, and ever since then we've been good friends. Having someone who can cook and owns a bar full of beer as a friend has more perks than I imagined."

Good friends

"I think it's cool that he's smart and all, but it feels like a necessity to teach this kid some of the more important skills in life. No one's gonna care that you know how to do calculus when you're stuck on the side of the road in the middle of no where with a flat tire."

Friends

StarStruck
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!