Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Natsukashii

× ⋮ OOC

a part of “Natsukashii”, a fictional universe by Verix.

Closed

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Natsukashii”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

× ⋮ OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:53 pm

T H E x O O C
"Fortune favors the brave."

- - - - - - -

-

-

-

Hello! Welcome to Natsukashii the reboot of a few other reboots lol. This is where you'll post your reservations, and any other pertinent information for the RP. I hope you guys will have as much fun writing in this world as I did creating it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or in a PM.

As well, here is a CS I've created specifically for this RP. To anyone not in this RP please do not use without asking me. Here are the instructions:

1. Replace all mentions of the #d29ba5 hex code with your own characters.
      2. The first 2 images aren't the normal placeholder.it images, but rather some images I made to see how it would look. Please replace those as well.
      3. if something is capitalized keep is capitalized. If something is in lowercase, please keep it that way. The only exception to this rule should be in the actual writing sections of the CS. (e.g. the history, strengths and weaknesses, personality, etc.)
      4. The powers section, you can add more than 2 usages, just add another section of that.

If you have any problems with the CS breaking please feel free to contact me and I'll help you!

Perhaps

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: × ⋮ OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chrian. on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 am

Hi Verix, remember me? :D
In the previous reboot of this I had to back out due to some unfortunate circumstances, but now everything is sorted out, I hope I can still manage to rejoin ^^
Since the role of King of Constellations is already picked, may I reserve for the role of Ruler of Aries? :D
The FC will be Merlin from Fate/Grand Order :3

The Aries Kingdom will be named as 'Arisia', and its' ruler's power will be 'Illusion Manipulation'. Meaning, he is capable of creating unreal images that can fool five normal human senses, but the more perceptive his target it, the easier his power can be dispelled. I can work out on the weaknesses more when I'm accepted :D

Basically, he is living in a way that is comparable to an old philosopher. He is somewhat eccentric and can be a bit of an airhead at times, but his country is all that he ever had, and he is willing to devote all for its' sake, especially in the upcoming war. Arisia is but a relatively medium-sized land laid in the west, a peaceful kingdom blessed by nature with fertile lands and calm weather, both of which have given them growing wealth throughout the years. As it is a peaceful land, military is not its' strong point, making it seemingly vulnerable to invasions, but it has several factors that will make the outsiders think twice before ordering their soldiers to step foot in their land.

I hope that works well enough. Thank you Verix for rebooting this wonderful RP :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chrian.
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

xxxoxox

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Hello Verix! And hello to everyone else, I'm Cloud and I'd love to join this roleplay :)

My indecisiveness has partially been solved with Chrian's reservation, so I think I'll go for the King's Guard using the face claim Yamatonokami Yasusada.

As a character, he's probably rather reserved. Fully capable of the role of King's guard, even if his young appearance and size don't appear that intimidating. I'm imagining that he's only been with the king for a year or two, so he's relatively new to the position and does feel that he has to prove himself to others who might think they could do better. However, he's an excellent fighter and exceedingly loyal to his king. He was trained from a young age in combat by his adoptive father (he was orphaned as a young child), alongside another boy who he came to consider a brother. The recent death of his companion just before/after he became the King's Guard weighs heavily on him, and there are times when he can be quite introspective. Despite this, there's also a quite friendliness to him often seen by those closest to him.

That's my vague idea, happy to alter anything, especially related to the King as I assume I'll have to have a chat with Lady Ethereal :)

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Hello! Thank you two for your reservations. I'm excited to have you both on board for this hellride great writing experience.

@Chrian: I like your idea for the character however, it should be noted that 2/3 spots for neutral/undecided have already been taken. If you plan on joining in with all the drama you should keep in mind that your kingdom must have at least one enemy.

@Cloud: Nice! I'm excited see your child, and he's NOT ALLOwed to befriend Levir. Levir can only have a stick as a friend - no human interaction. Sorry Epi :// I don't make the rules

Verix
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:07 am

ImageVeriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix. Man, it's good to know that names I recognize are still on this site. gross sobbing Hopefully it's alright if I join in on the fun as well! If not that's alright too.

Well, let's see, let's see. Hopefully I don't miss anything. Okay.

So I'd like to stake my claims on the role of Sagittarius leader using the faceclaim of Argo for the Sword Art Online series. I'm not too sure what the exact gender count is right now, but I'd rather like to help keep it evenly spread so whichever gender seems to be lacking in numbers, we can have my character assume that gender. Argo seems pretty androgynous in appearance anyways. In terms of the ability of the character, I'm thinking wind magic. That is, the ability to use winds as a form of boost magic, allowing for better three dimensional movement and speed, or using it offensively by creating blades of wind a la Fire Emblem; the former being the main focus, the latter not being able to cause much damage or death save for some cuts here and there for crippling opponents. If there's anything to dampen or lessen for the ability, just let me know~ Kinda thinking of something like, back in the day the power was more potent for offensive power, but because the ability provided by the crystal can change as it gets passed down, when it got to this character, it became more support based.

As for the kingdom, I'm thinking the name will be Gradivus. It is a kingdom situated close to the center of the continent and is primarily comprised of desert and sand. It is governed and ruled under the ideology that anything, short of people as trafficking which is not accepted anymore, can be bought so long as the price is fair. The kingdom's main way of interaction with other kingdoms involves the trade of information or the use of hired blades and mercenaries. That being said, the kingdom functions much like a guild, with the Ruler sitting at the very top. The kingdom functions pretty well despite it's peculiarities, and though disputes arise here and there, most of the citizenship are willing and able to fight and die for their homeland, ruler included. The kingdom won't be neutral, but I don't really know which kingdom(s) will be on the bad side as I've yet to know what the other kingdoms are like XD

Also, I know you wanted it short so I'm so sorry for this I'll do character explanation thing super quick.
Okay so the current ruler is not openly broadcasted to even the subjects of the kingdom and is an identity kept under wraps, save for certain people and other trusted kingdoms. (This can be omitted if it's not okay) The ruler themself also has a habit of joining in on certain information trades or mission under the guise of just another hired hand. They have a carefree attitude, and enjoy a lot of smiling, but get serious when the time comes for a job or an exchange.
"I was living that terrible life, with nowhere else to go."

Sigma
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:38 pm

[ Sigma !!! MY DUDE I haven't seen you in forever <333 But I'm glad you're here! I love your idea for both the kingdom and characters. Right now the gender thing is either/or so feel free to write your character however you want. As for the unknown identity thing, that would work, but you'd have to then explain where other rulers who don't know the identity of your character would send their correspondents to. As well, when the RP starts, their identity for sure will be revealed (unless they wear a hooded cloak and a face mask all the way to the Eye).

Feel free to join the discord and we can chat more there!

Verix
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Perpendicular on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Hey there, I wanted to join the last incarnation of this RP but I was a little too late, so i guess this is my second chance. Could I reserve the kingdom of Taurus with the FC of Sharrkan from Magi?

The Kingdom would most likely have Arabic, Egyptian, and Indian themes and have a focus on architecture with thick walls, extravagant palaces, and rocky deserts with sparse jungle as terrain. It's people would enjoy relative high standard living with spiced wine and fine clothes being commonplace at any market, as well A a mandatory conscription policy. It's ruler would be the "Outgoing and protective older brother" archetype with a pension for luxury such as music, jewels, romance, food but enjoys working with his hands regularly building statues, painting, cooking and other such things. I haven't really agreed on an ability with myself yet but i'm leaning towards either physical empowerment or a sort of telekinesis.

It's mostly just idea at this this point so it everything will be flushed out much more than it is, and if the gender ratio is unbalanced i could always find a different FC and gender swap with obligatory tweaks.

Anyway thanks for reading my little five minute hobble of an idea and if you want anything changed or such feel free to say so.

Perpendicular
Member for 7 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Hey there Perpendicular! Thanks for your reserve, your kingdom and character seem good to me! Like Sigma, feel free to join the discord!

Verix
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 pm

YEEEAAAAA MAAAAN. Well, considering that Perpendicular has gone with a male character, I'll go ahead and have mine be a female~ I'll send PMs regarding the whole identity thing once I've fleshed out the character in the CS, just to go over whether or not it's okay with you before preaching it to the other members. If anything, I might just drop it due to it being a hassle XD

Sigma
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:03 am

Hello! Here is my official reservation for the 13th Zodiac, Ophiucus.

Face Claim: Azura/Aqua from Fire Emblem

Zodiac: Ophiucus
    - A young but firm ruler, Ophiucus is of the strong belief that her way is the best way. Stubborn, intelligent, and not scared to let her opinions be heard, she is determined to steer Orcana in the direction she believes it should be heading. That's not to say she rules selfishly, rather, she rules for her people, aiming to curb the excessiveness of her predecessors and carve out a place for her kingdom (and perhaps a name for herself in the history books). What she does, she does for her people - though often at the expense of her ties with other lands. She's a ruthless negotiator, and tends to hold grudges... against people and kingdoms.

Power: Her power is that of precious metals/or gemstone manipulation, which would allow her to manipulate any shaped metals or jewels within her radius and possibly pull unrefined metals or gemstones from the earth. With appropriate limitations of course, and if this power is allowed I'll probably limit it to either metal or gemstones too, I just haven't decided which yet.

Kingdom: Orcana
    - a once peaceful, deeply pious land where the towering steeples of magnificent cathedrals pierced the sky. Highly spiritual, Orcana has it's origins as a land of religion and healing. Foreigners would make pilgrimages to their cathedrals, making offerings and seeking enlightenment and repair. Magnificent gems unearthed from the deep, jewel caves which twist beneath the riverlands would often beckon travellers from far away, the jewels glittering in the sunlight from the tops of the cathedrals. Neutrality eventually gave way to greed fuelled wars, at first within the boundaries of the land, and then with neighbours. Successive leaders of the kingdom have sought their own comfort before that of their people, piling the palaces and summer palaces high with jewels taken from the land. Civilian revolts have been put down several times in the past century, with the last attempts finally snuffed out completely by the manipulation of this Zodiac's predecessor, who managed to turn the anger of her people towards outside nations, rather than herself. The landscape is striking, with vast riverlands giving way to coast, some mountains rising closer to the borders they share (may be changed slightly depending where they end up on the map?). Parts of the land have scars from various mining excavations, while others appear to be recovering from past digs. Beneath the riverlands lies a labyrinth of caves lined with precious stones, the largest of which holds a manmade cathedral within it. I feel like the Orcana religious peeps might once have had amnesty, but then some outlaws dressed as monks/bad monks did some bad shit in another kingdom and they lost it/some kingdoms called them out on it and Orcana was all, "What? That's bullshit, our monks are angels. You're insulting us, let's fight."

So that's my idea! Happy to edit if need be! xx ty ily

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:33 pm

Hello Verix! I was wondering if there are any spots left or if they have all been filled? I wasn't sure based on the front page because there are eighteen characters but only nine replies... Anyhow, it's been a while so I figured I should get back into the RP game.

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verix on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:20 am

PM'd you!

Verix
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!