Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bindings, Curses, and Other Matters

a part of “Bindings, Curses, and Other Matters”, a fictional universe by BlightDemon91.

The Knights Templar are an ancient order that protect humanity from things like demons, devils, vampires, witches and the like. What side will you fall into?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Bindings, Curses, and Other Matters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Bindings, Curses, and Other Matters"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years
Promethean Inspiration Author Lifegiver

Re: Bindings, Curses, and Other Matters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Umm, hi, it looks interesting but where's the cat (referring to cat gif under races) and angel character?
Also I could come up with few ideas for characters, but question is what are limits to races?
Few examples : Is human completly human and with that he or she is weak in all sorts of activities? Or can such character have something useful, unique to say the least.
Is Demon forced to take upon kings name once he or she becomes a king or not? - just wanted to clarify...
What type of vampire exists in your rp? Because I can assume it's similiar to Ayato, but I won't know for sure...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:05 pm

Humans are general old humans, with what would be considered unnatural high talent for martial arts. There are no cats, that's just a picture. As for the angels, there are angels, they are described. Angels aren't immortal, they pretty much have the same limitations as demons. Silver hurts them, so can demons/other angels. All the gifs in the introduction are not referencing a specific character, they are just there to show what a character from that race might look like, nothing more.

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Ah, alright...
I meant that cast had no angel, and cat (cat not there for obvious reasons stated by you), which in turn made me wonder if angel is even possible as pc. Other thing would be that I still don't know for sure whether demon king name is a forced thing or not( It is stated they adopt it, but it is not stated that they must do so, hence I wonder...), also so can I safely assume almost anything about vampires?

Zaria
Member for 7 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Person of Interest Inspiration World Builder Group Theory Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Vampires are just humans with regenerative abilities and the need to feed on human blood. There can be an angel in the cast, I'm actually going to create one of my own, and as I said, if you can figure out a way to fit it into the plot, you can create an angel, or anything. And yes, the demon king names are mandatory. I apologize for the confusion on that part.

Realistically, in order to get the role play moving, we need Baal, the female Templar, and at least one other Templar. Then others can be created for temporary roles or to become villains aside from Baal,
whatever, really.

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 pm

So, exactly what can one expect going into this roleplay? What exactly are the roles of the other characters and what are they doing? There's isn't exactly a lot of detail on the plot.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:00 am

Baal wants Asmodeus' place in Hell. Other Templars would be there in case they find out that the female Templar was bound to Asmodeus. The female Templar would have to decide how she goes about her binding. Most likely, the Templars would kill her, so she can't tell them. A witch might be able to break the curse, but you can't trust witches. Baal can break the curse, but he/she doesn't want to [demons are all gender-neutral, they appear how they wish]. If Asmodeus or the Female Templar dies, the other dies. So the Female templar and Asmodeus have to work together, while getting around all the stigma surrounding Demons, Witches, Vampires, and Angels. Basically, Templars believe that the races want nothing but Destruction, where they actually don't. You don't have to be evil just because you're not a humam or a Templar. Asmodeus, while certainly dark, isn't going to be evil.

I left out a lot of the plot so that people can essentially make more of their own. You want to control the world? Go for it. You just want to survive? Ok. You want to become a Templar but you're a Witch? Gonna be hard, but maybe.

Maybe I'll put this in the intro, too. It might make things easier.

Think about it this way: the Order thinks of themselves as the good guys, when in reality they really aren't, because they kill anything that isn't human without actually knowing if they're truly evil or not. Asmodeus knows this, so he's going to keep the Female Templar from doing that, which of course she isn't going to like very much. But, he'll teach her. They'll also be treating Asmodeus as a Templar, because she can't just disapear from the Order, either, and she'll discover more demons, witches,
and other things hiding among the Templar's ranks than she ever thought possible.

Does that help?

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:37 am

How would you feel about an angel disguising themselves as a templar?

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:46 am

Hmm, one more question.
Could I use a simplified sheet or something like that...?
One of the reasons is that it seems to be too flashy (My poor eyes, when it comes to amount of colors), and second is that it's totally not like I don't know how to fill it...
Would that be a problem?

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 am

@Zaria
The character sheet really isn't that flashy, it's only one color, you use the same color for everything. If you don't want to use a color, you should be able to just leave it blank. I'll have a WIP for my character up soon that you can reference on how to fill it out. I'd just rather everyone use the same sheet, so that all the information for every character is laid out the same. I work uni=til 1pm, I'll have the WIP up soon after.

@Crichton
Of course, that would be fine! Now, Angels are usually pretty ruthless, but they can be reasonable, too. Were you thinking of being an Angel trying to help the Templars, or trying to take them down from within without being discovered? Just curious, either way is fine.

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am

My main plan was to go full on ‘The Prophecy’ and play them as a ruthless person hoping to use the Templars to take down the other races, at which point they would try to take out the templars themselves. I was thinking perhaps a bit of an administrative or moderately high-ranking position as well. I’ll calm the concept down a bit if necessary though!

Edit: I don’t actually watch anime so if anyone would be willing to help me find a suitable faceclaim I’d be hella grateful.

Crichton
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Recruiter Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:04 pm

That sounds pretty awesome, I must say. Also, if you guys know anyone else who would like this kind of RP, please let them know. We really need the female Templar [obviously] and Baal. So those characters really need to be taken before we begin.

Now, if you're making a reservation, if you could please leave a face claim and hex code, I'll update the front page.

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Hmm, alright I'd like to reserve female templar or vampire (More inclined to play as vampire)

Here's face claim for my character, most likely human, at least seemingly human...

I have for now two ideas, one would be her as weird vampire that isn't really in need of blood, there would be something else she craves for - Chocolate, weird but could be interesting.
Second would be seemingly normal human with unique abilities, but she would be terrible at martial arts, fighting physically in overall (opposite to typical human here).
Second one splits in two smaller concepts:
1. Ageless girl that tends to observe and interact with people, she's able to manipulate time around her to about 5 meters, she could for some reason be between templars (example: A debt to a friend, her own curiosity or goal that is known only to her and gm if he/she would like to know).
2. Simply strong-willed human, not afraid of those who try to intimidate her, and increadibly lucky. For example she joined templars because of wanting to understand ones that are not human...

Kali White
Either : human or vampire
Aligment - question is do you mean aligment like D&D or something else? If D&D like then I guess chaotic neutral...

Soo I could be that female templar...but she may be weird and compassionate/merciful, beware! Now that I warned, chocolate time!
Oh, right - black color I guess, if that's what you mean by hex code :)
P.S : Some colors really are flashy...

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 pm

My reservation,

Name: Puriel, alias Noah Holt.
Race: Angel.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Hexcode: #D1BC77
Faceclaim: Claire Stanfield/Vino from Baccano

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlightDemon91 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:43 pm

@Zaria
Um...any human with any ability that wouldn't necessarily be considered normal would be a Witch, like with the time manipulation. And no, Vampires need blood, nothing else. Chocolate doesn't make sense.

The only way you could possibly be a human with powers was if you went with the female Templar that was bound to Asmodeus. Asmodeus would more than likely give her an ability just to mess with her [She wouldn't want it, as she would be considered a Witch, while cursed bound to a demon. Not a good thing for a Templar.]

BlightDemon91
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zaria on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Hmm, alright I think I would go with normal human in that case...
...but I meant that chocolate as joke.
Though when it comes to making sense, it could, sugar is in chocolate and blood after all...and you never specified why vampires need blood, hence why I asked earlier about vampires ^^

My idea was that she would be the first vampire that found another way to feed, but it really was mostly a joke.

Still why everone with ability like that is considered witch? It's kind of throwing everyone into a one box. It makes sense for templars, but is it like that in overall? That all are literally connected to demons, if they have some kind of ability, and hence are called witches?

Hmm, out of curiosity if person could tell whether someone is a witch, angel or something else by looking at them, would they still be considered a witch? (I'm talking about someone's increadible perception, not literally an unnatural ability)

I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions, it's just hard to grasp how this world works exactly...

Zaria
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crichton on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 am

I do have one question, what canon are we following in terms of Angels and Demons?
Can I just make up stuff about the holy war in my background or did you have something in mind?

Crichton
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ObiTobi on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello there, was just wondering if i could throw myself into the mix as Baal. The face claim would be Zodd
and by nature he'd the demon king of Envy. The hex code being: 4B4B9C

ObiTobi
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Hello! I might be interested in joining up but I got a few questions before I decide on a FC, and the other stuff. Are vampires immortal? I know they've got the regenerative healing stuff, but are they still as long lived like the usual vampire? Also do they have any other inhuman characteristics, like enhanced speed, strength, etc.? Are they turned, or born as a vampire? Are Demons and Angels from Hell/Heaven, or are they just from Earth? Are there other sources of magic for humans than just demons? Are the races that are listed the only ones that exist? Like are there werewolves, fairies, or whatever? Also can there be hybrids between humans and the other races?
Last edited by CutUp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PuffyXxSprinkles on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 am

Hi-Hello, I’m really interested in filling the role of The Female Templar. So, here’s my reservation:

Name - Lunaria Cross
Age - Eighteen
Race - Human
Alignment - Lawful Neutral
Faceclaim - Ririchiyo Shirakiin (Inu x Boku SS)
Hex Code - #B741BC

PuffyXxSprinkles
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Author Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!