Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Last Humans

The Last Humans - Plot Stuff

a part of “The Last Humans”, a fictional universe by unicorns.are.real.

After Earth's destruction, the only humans left explore alien worlds, trying to scrape together enough food for their next feed and not kill each other along the way.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Last Humans”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Last Humans - Plot Stuff

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:36 am

Hey so I figured we needed a place to discus ideas we have about our universe and plot. I figured it was easier if this stuff didn't get lost in the main OOC :) The only rules is that no idea is a bad idea so don't be shy!

If you feel you need some promtig... we should decide what our chracters should actually be doing when start this RP. I'm assuming on a job or perhaps starting a job? I have a few ideas but wanted to put this out to you guys first :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Re: The Last Humans - Plot Stuff

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

What kind of jobs have they done in the past? I know they're just trying to survive, but what exactly do they do to survive?

On a side note, you might want to let others know about the other OOC forums of this rpg.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:32 am

One idea I thought of was maybe them celebrating year five in space. Maybe there is a hangout where aliens go and they are there.

Also, this could be where they find their next job or where they find out more about the job. This was just a random thought. I will add more later once I am free from work and done with Wolf.

Just wanted to put the idea out there.

Lastly, jobs I can see them doing is maybe stealing for others or even recusing someone's wife, child, etc.

Edit: Another idea is that Wolf got herself into trouble again and needs some recusing. I just thought of this, so I decided to put it out there. A person or two could be wrapped in the trouble as she got them to tag along on one of her adventures.

All of these are just ideas in my head for now. Some will be better than others. Also, I know hearing ideas can spark ideas in others, which is why I plan on sharing all of my ideas.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Greeter Inspiration Lifegiver Concierge Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:29 am

Zodia! I imagine jobs they do to be basically anything and everything under the sun. I don't imagine them being picky. I like Innocents idea of stealing for other peoole, I was also thinking maybe stuff like delivering to tricky planets of retrieving things for people :)

Also Law's character's knowledge implant of crafting makes her gpod and building machnics and stuff, so we discussed having her be the one to keep the implnts in working order/repairing them and studf which would be awesome.

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 am

Question, how would Law's character keep the implants in working order/repair them? I only ask because I imagine the implants are inserted in the body and whatnot. It may be hair to work on something or fix it if it is under skin or more.

Edit: I like the idea, but I am just trying to understand the logistics.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Greeter Inspiration Lifegiver Concierge Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:20 am

Well I had an idea for a NPC-type character that I brought up to Uni, basically it would be an old robot native of Glaxon. It would provide them with sanctuary when they first landed, as well as giving them their implants and keeping them maintained.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:53 am

Speaking of implants, how were they well 'implanted'. Did you imagine them to be like a syrum inserted into the humans or what?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 am

I was thinking some type of surgery or something of that nature. Like many a tiny or not so tiny metal shaped thing under the skin or even deeper. This is what I thought initially. It'd be hard for anyone to like damage the implant anyways.

Though, syrum sounds interesting as well. The implants could have been implanted differently. It could depend on the ability the implant gives.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:55 am

If we're going the serum route, it could behave like quick-acting evolution. So, depending on the strand, and where the implant is injected, it'd be super specific and permanent. Pretty much impossible to damage. It'd just become a part of them. The ones that are sensory and mental would probably be injected into the brain itself, or brain stem. Other one's, like Buck's serpentine jaw, would've been injected into his jaw. With Jax, into his neck (like, gills). Just some thoughts.

i.e. too many overlapping implants would probably affect them badly. There'd be limitations.

As for jobs, stealing things for people sounds pretty cool. I'd imagine it'd be a "dog-eat-dog-world," sort've like Fallout. You pretty much accept whatever your given, in order to trade things, get food, etc etc. Plenty of opportunity to meet nasty NPC's, and see how the characters react.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:35 pm

The way I imagined the implants was a chip where Grace would make the chip and there would be like a hard drive type thing in each person then it would be programed into the hard drive?

I do like the serum idea. If I need to, I can change Grace to a science person instead of building so she can make and update the serums?

As for jobs, Grace is going to be stealing thing so definitely down for that! I like the idea of them celebrating five years at an alien bar. It'd be a good starting point to lead into future jobs or possible Wolfnapping!

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I can't see Summer being down for stealing. Finding stuff, definitely, but stealing, yeah she'd be struggling for sure. It might be another reason for her to deteriorate mentally and spiritually.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:02 pm

The implants could be based on nanotechnology and nanorobotics? They'd be implanted with billions of nanorobots that alters them on the molecular level.

Also, where was the group from? I mean they all went to the same high school right?

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:22 pm

Well, looking at the ages, not all of them were in high school when things went down. Like Yon's character, Bucky is 25, which means he was the age of a college student when things went down. Your character too Cut, he is now 24? That means he was 19. Lawful's character, Wolf, could be in high school since she would have been 18. Only definite high schoolers here are Summer (21), Grace (20), and Andy (22), so they were 16, 15, and 17 respectively.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:40 pm

I believe I was 19 when I graduated high school, so I can believe Cut's and Buck's being high schoolers when it happened.

Maybe Buck's birthday recently passed or he started school late for some reason or had to repeat a grade. This would be Yon's choice though.

They could have all been strangers who just ended up in the escape pod.

Edit: Wolf would have been in the last year of high school.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:32 pm

For the implants, they could be combination. I really like the serum idea fot most of them, which the scrap robot helps them out with? but like Buck's jaw and Isaacs arm for example could be mechanical which is more Grace's wheelhouse? It's up to you Law but I think that mechanical knowledge would have more applications in the world?

Also I was 17 at graduation but I know plenty people who were 19 when they graduated here in Australia :) I said somewhere on the frpnt they they were all on a tour and I realise now rereading back that them all going to the same school was more implied so I'm easy. We can all have gone to school together or just be randoms?

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:41 pm

I'll keep her with crafting/mechanics since it does have more world applications. Maybe she's learning from the scrap bot about the serum so she can upgrade them? If that wouldn't make her too overpowered.

It's not too uncommon to have a 19 or 20 year old high school student. I had two boys in my graduating class that were nineteen at the time. It's a matter of them starting school late or possibly being held back.

I think a breakfast club situation makes the most sense for everyone prior to living together on Glaxon. None of them were friends in high-school, but knew of each other. Then they had to get to know each other due to their circumstances. A few of them may have been friends prior, but it's more interesting if they all were virtually strangers ;)

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thenotsoinnocent on Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:20 pm

I would vote on them being strangers. I did think they were strangers who just ended up on the escape pod together. Though, I do agree with Law. They could have not been friends in high school and just knew of each other.

Also, I should submit Wolf tonight or early tomorrow. I am just working out the kinks in her personality lol.

thenotsoinnocent
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Yeah I just think they were on one of those 'group tours' places like that do.

Just out of curiosity, how did scientists get a hold of those escape pods? Or did NASA build them? I think that might be something to dive into. Also, when the humans did first arrive on that 'junk planet', did they have any kind of assistance at all?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:15 am

I don't think that would make her too overpowered Law :)

Well, the escape pod (at least in my mind) was built into the space station for emergencies, just like a fire exit door or stairwell in a building on earth. Just kind of a convienient way for our characters to be the only surivivers aha.

Also as for arriving on Glaxon in terms of assisstance, I think we are all pretty settled on Cut's idea for a junk robot? (Any name suggestions?) Helping them out, helping with implants and kind of steering our guys in the right direction.

So for starting this RP, to sort of pull together our ideas, we have our characters celebrating (mourning) five years in space on their own? Cue fun adventures.

Also Cut was talking to me earlier about having a race of aliens that like to hunt species in like a religious fashion. And since our charatcers are the last of their race they'd be hunted as like a big trophy?

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Could the robot be called Wall-E? lol. J/k, but I do like the idea of that kind of assistance. I like to think the robot would be similar to C3P0 in knowing some languages and that is how our linguist of the group got an implant where she was able to know different languages.

Hmmmm, I do like the idea of them being hunted, but maybe not off the bat? Perhaps they go on a mission first so we can get a feel for their dynamic and through that mission they end up coming under the radar of these hunters?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!