Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lost Treasure of Arimathea

a part of “The Lost Treasure of Arimathea”, a fictional universe by xXxCryptic-AngelxXx.

A treasure of untold riches. A clue to its whereabouts. A dangerous journey. Countless men have lost their lives in search of the treasure, but will the crew of the Stardust be the first to hold its riches?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Lost Treasure of Arimathea”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Lost Treasure of Arimathea"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Let's Carpe the Hell Out of This Diem

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The Lost Treasure of Arimathea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Ahoy thar! Nice to meet you, I'm Uno. :)

I wanted to know if I could reserve the Master Rigger position under the face claim of Clara Paget (specifically her portrayal of Anne Bonny in Black Sails)

And my all time favorite pirate-y character that's fictional would have to be Long John Silver from Treasure Island (the book). Though, I gotta say, Long John Silver from the Muppets Treasure Island was pretty great. And Long John Silver from Treasure Planet was also great.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:16 am

Hey Crytic, this looks awesome glad you got it up :)

So to finish off my reservation, could I please get the Face Claim Jared Leto (young and with long hair in Alexander? Not exactly a pirate but hoping old times enough)

Also very hard to look past Long John Silver, specifically in Treaure Planet - Very underrated movie.

PS. I'm am away till Wednesday so I wouldn't be ablr to get him done till then, I hope that's okay?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:00 am

@SatatyaUno: Hopefully I spelled that right... welcome aboard! I'll put in your reservation now. I honestly love Treasure Planet. I've seen it so many times and had a crush on Jim forEVER as a child.

@unicorns.are.real: Yay! faceclaim! Hopefully I can find a good photo to use D: As for Treasure Planet, I love it! It's definitely underrated. Although Alexander the Great predates the Pirate Era by... well a lot. :/ you can still use him, just keep that in mind when making his profile. :)

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 am

Hey! Can I reserve the Surgeon, with an FC of Choi Sulli as recommended by you? She's super cute and gave me an idea for a character. Her hex will be #fa8072 For my favourite pirates, can I say the entire cast of "Pirates on an Adventures with Scientists?" (which may have had a different name elsewhere. The Aardman stop-motion movie.) I don't exactly watch many pirate movies, but that movie was just so much fun!
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Awesome! I'm so excited for this. (I'm convinced I was a pirate in another life)

Quick question, is there a character sheet template or are we putting our own together?

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissTeaspoon on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello! Could I reserve the Master Gunner with FC: Jason Momoa as seen in Frontier (and slightly Aquaman)? I'd like to use #B02E04, if that's okay :)

I also personally love Pintel and Mackenzie from Pirates of the Caribbean! I'll get that sheet together asap, if that's all fine with you guys!

MissTeaspoon
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SadHatter on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:09 pm

All hands hoay! Could I have the boatswain? I have quite a humorous character in mind called 'Bosun Bill' (pretty easy-to-get reference), best of all, Tom Hiddleston is the FC! (he does have some pirate-y pics, matey)
For my favorite pirates, William Turner Jr and Jack Sparrow from both PotC are my top picks. William Turner Jr is just an altruistic, kind yet incredibly brave character and Jack Sparrow is...well... badass.
As for the Tom Hiddleston pictures, I believe there's several out there for unknown reasons, though he did audition for PotC at one point.
Cheers!

SadHatter
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Author Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:19 pm

@icat isnt she adorable!!!

@satatyauno I can make one up based on the one I use if needed. You may use your own if youd like. :)

@missteaspoon I was surprised to see a WIP already submitted. Good on ya! I'll accept once its done :)

@sadhatter tom hiddleson is adorbs and I'll try to find the more pirates ones for you.

@everyone I'll put your characters on the homepage once I get home from work :) im so glad you all are interested!!!!

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:26 pm

https://miracleofsound.bandcamp.com/track/gr-inne-mhaol-queen-of-pirates[url][/url]
Hup the hull and away we go
Stock the galley o’gold
Whack the divil the gales he blow
We’ll batter him up in the hold

Dance along on the waterline
Speed us over the waves
Back to back on the borderlines
To never shut up & behave

My, my. I'd love to be included. Pirates, treasure, high-seas, and drama, oh my! Too much fun for one person. Good thing we got a crew! I'd be looking for the role of Boatswain, with the Face claim of Hiroyuki Sanada, as his character Takehaya as seen in "The Last Ship". Yes, that's a little bit of trouble so a picture is included at the bottom. The hex code I'd like to use would be #4c988c.

If we get to talk about entire crews, I'm going to have to open up the discussion a tad more and just say that I love Corrick Hilemore, from "The Waking Fire". While not technically a pirate, the actions of those men and their placement upon a navy makes them seem like damn near pirates, only with a stiff upper lip, and a well-ironed coat.

Also, how do we plan to have all the characters meet? Would the story be starting on the ship? If so, I'd imagine most of us would have already known some of the other characters. Most strangers don't just meet eyes and pick up different roles on a ship. Maybe we can start that discussion once roles are finalized and filled?

This is looking more and more interesting, and picking up speed! I look forward to talking with the rest of you!

(Yes the duplication in roles has been noticed. Is being worked out now.)
"In breaking news, the Sky. The Earth.

Life.

Existence as an unchanging plane with horizons of birth and death in faint distance. There is nothing to speak about.

There never was."

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MissTeaspoon on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks! I like to get on things pretty quickly, so I should have it finished in the next couple hours!

EDIT: All done! Jack's complete! Let me know if there are any problems :)

MissTeaspoon
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:06 pm

@Klockwork0reo: It's after the mutiny that the quartermaster proposes and everyone is already a part of the crew. I'm debating on a few ways the game could start but I'm thinking either a party crash or just a party to celebrate the beginning of the treasure hunt.

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Ahoy and aloha! Really interesting RP Cryptic, I like!
I would like to put in the FC Norah Jones (Mostly using pictures from her music video Chasing Pirates) and if you want I can PM you a picture to use for the front page.
I gotta say I really like Jack (the monkey). But if youre going to make me pick a human, probably Pintel and Ragetti. (All from PotC)

Can't wait for this to start!

-Maci!

(Hi iCat!)

EDIT: Oops! forgot the hexcode. I was going to say #d2b48c if that was alright.
Last edited by Maci-Care on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Well then Cryptic. I think I've chosen to go with Skyler Gisondo, (specifically as Devin from Once Upon A Time), for the FC, and I'll stick with the role of Powder Monkey. My Hex Code will stay as the fresh spearmint-y [color]#4c988c[/color]

And if we're starting in that way, I'd recommend the opening of a relationships tab, and hope a few of you all wouldn't mind sharing a bit o' backstory so we can intertwine these.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 pm

I don't mind sharing backstory at all. Almost done with my character as we speak :)

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXxCryptic-AngelxXx on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:29 pm

@Klockwork0reo: For the relations tab, I'll build it once we have more character sheets submitted. That way people can look at the sheets and then message each other and chat about it. I can try to open a discord server too if anyone wants. It's been pretty helpful for another RP I'm in.

xXxCryptic-AngelxXx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SatatyaUno on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:37 pm

I'd be down for discord. Also I'll get the rest of my character sheet done tomorrow. I think only the history is left now. I actually had it done be forgot to resize the image and when I went back it had reset. ; u ;

SatatyaUno
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:11 am

I've got a good idea / start on my character, but I'll nail down the actual character sheet tomorrow.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unicorns.are.real on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:01 am

Yeah, I was definitey planning on using his time ambigious pics, not any with him clear armor haha. I just really like the look of him in Alexander :)

unicorns.are.real
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maci-Care on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:59 am

Rosia is done! :D Can't wait to see everyone else's characters soon!

-Maci!

Maci-Care
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Inspiration

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!