Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Seasons Return

Little Facts

a part of “The Seasons Return”, a fictional universe by Kura Ravengade.

Four odd teenagers arrive in town, stirring summer vacation up for for normal teenagers. Will the Star Guardians be able to control the teenagers - the Seasons?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Seasons Return”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Little Facts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 am

Listed in this forum are any and all information that I feel you, as a participator in this roleplay, should know. If there is anything that is missing from this forum that you have a question about, don't be afraid to ask.

Roleplay Facts
☭APPOINTED GM'S: Roleplayer CutUp & Zodia195
☭Date: Early Spring, at the beginning of the school year.
☭Location: A small village by the name of Higashi-Naruse, located in Akita, Japan.
☭There are NO SET ROMANTIC INTERESTS, as in there are no set pairings between, say, Spring and the popular and confident character. Feel free to explore any possible romance. I will say now, though, that there is already a set romance between my character Harmonix/Velonix/Autumn and roleplayer CutUp's character, Takeo.

Town Facts
☭Population: 2,300
☭Number of schools: 4 (1 elementary school, 1 middle school, 1 high school, and 1 small college)
☭Number of restaurants: 5 (Bake My Day, Hotori's Sushi, Arabella's Ramen, Aussie's Steakhouse, Toshi's Tacos)
☭Number of grocery stores: 1
☭Number of clinics: 2 (1 veterinary clinic, and 1 hospital)
☭Number of gas stations: 2
☭Number of shops: 10 (1 flower shop, 1 bookstore, 1 furniture store, 2 souvenir shops, 4 clothing shops, 1 general store)
☭Number of 'government' facilities: 6 (1 orphanage, 4 shrines, 1 police station/fire station/jailhouse)

Schooling
More Information
They started school in April, but since they're from a smaller town, they are given summer vacation a little earlier than most, so instead of late July, it is early July. They tend to have an extremely large festival for Umi no Hi (which is a national holiday), and so the students are let out early from school in order to help their families and town prepare for the celebrations. It's used as an effort to draw in more tourists and make the financial stability of the town increase, if only for a short while. Higashi-Naruse in the Ogachi District of Akita is a very popular town for its beautiful scenery. That and small towns tend to attract a lot of tourists due to their simplicity in nature and economics. Summer break will go until mid-August or so.

Here is a key paragraph on the link that I think will help to answer your question almost completely:

Elementary Vs. University Students
The key difference between university students and younger children is the length of their summer vacation. Universities have a six-week vacation compared to four weeks for elementary and high school students. Also unlike their younger counterparts, university students have a six-week spring vacation, bringing them to the same number of days off as an American university student. Summer homework isn't normally assigned at this age, but professors may request -- or require -- a project to be completed during this time.

As for college: semesters are April through September and October through March (all registrations are typically handled in the end of April although certain Uni's allow October registrations)

Human Facts
☭Zero knowledge of the existence of otherworldly beings other than their own personal, religious beliefs (i.e. They know nothing about the existence of the seasons, the moon, the sun, and the stars)
☭Know only that their small village is experiencing abnormalities in weather, and that they have a strange new family of teenagers that moved into the mansion in the middle of town.
☭Were created by the Sun and the Moon
☭Have little to no supernatural abilities
☭Will be extended upon later on in the storyline.
☭Are capable of becoming stars

Star Facts
☭Are reborn via stardust from humans after death and will still retain their memories of their human lives, OR can be created from Stardust by the Moon and the Sun (and eventually the Seasons will develop the ability to create Stars also).
☭Develop abilities/powers that pertain to the nature of the universe or are similar in nature to their personalities.
☭Serve the Sun and the Moon, as well as their children, by protecting them and dealing with abnormalities on Earth (such as a sudden uprise in war or death tolls). They're basically bodyguards for the gods and goddesses.
☭When reborn by the Sun and the Moon, no criteria must be met by the human who passed. If the Sun and the Moon deem them fit for the role, they will just create them. HOWEVER, when the seasons eventually develop this ability, they must have a strong emotional/mental bond with the human before they pass, otherwise it doesn't work.
☭Are very powerful beings, but are not on par with the Sun and the Moon, nor with the seasons.

Season Facts
☭Children of the Sun and the Moon
☭Born in this order: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
☭Control the changes in the seasons on earth, as well as the nature of that season (i.e. Autumn changes the leaves to orange and brown, whereas Spring changes them to green)
☭Each is skilled in an area that is special to them (such as string instruments vs vocals)
☭Each has their own abilities/powers that pertain to their season and personality (i.e. Spring controls Earth, whereas Winter controls water) (i.e. Spring is able to shapeshift into animals due to her love for them, whereas Autumn has psychometry, which is the ability to intake another creature's memories due to her own lack of memories)
☭Each season has (a) 'familiar(s)', which (is an/are) imprinted animal(s) that hold several abilities. This includes the ability to telepathically connect with any living creature, be it normal or ethereal, as well as immortality to the extent of never aging, but can still be fatally wounded, and one or two special abilities that help them to guide and protect their season.
☭They are able to cloak their 'auras', for lack of a better word, to avoid being found by their parents and the stars.
☭Autumn is the one who convinced the other seasons to go to Earth.
☭They developed the last name Orako so as to blend in better with the humans.

'DO THE SEASONS STILL HAVE TO PERFORM THEIR SEASONAL DUTIES?'
Technically they would, so right now everything in the world is kind of at a standstill, which isn't necessarily an issue currently given it's the middle of April. Any adjustments to the weather would occur naturally on their own (such as thunderstorms or increases in temperature due to summer being hotter than spring). However, with the actual season/climate, the issue would arise come late August/early September when it's supposed to peel away from Summertime and fall into Autumn. Obviously, the southern part of the world tends to remain hot, and the northern tends to remain cooler, but the middle range is where the lack of the seasons watching over them would become tricky. The necessary changes wouldn't happen, Autumn would be delayed and Summer extended, which would also delay Winter time, and then Spring, and would basically throw the entire planet out of whack. The polar ice caps would begin to melt, mass flooding would occur, extinctions of entire species, etc. Basically, the entire world would be totally screwed. The seasons, however, don't realize this fully since the Sun and the Moon never described to them what would happen should they become absent. Their parents can only do so much to stabilize the planet's climate, which is partly why they're so frantic to find their children.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Re: Little Facts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:15 am

Ohh, I totally forgot that the Seasons will have the ability to create stars. Mmm, yeah I see where this is going lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:21 am

I was also contemplating adding in some human abilities too, that would specifically affect the characters in the roleplay obviously.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:34 pm

What do you mean by human abilities?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:43 am

I haven't quite decided how I'm going to go about it yet. Idk if I want the antagonists of the story to be supernaturally enhanced or not in some way or form, which I have a bit of an idea behind how they would get to be that way if so. I was also thinking that for the romantic interests for the seasons, that each of the seasons come to the knowledge that they can, how do I say it, not transfer their abilities into their romantic interest but more so like gift them with abilities similar to their own? I.e. Harmonix could somehow give a small amount of control over fire to Takeo. That's just an example, obviously it's not a set in stone idea.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:12 am

That would be interesting. Hey if you need someone to play a villain here, I'd be happy to play one or two.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:34 pm

I was going to make them NPCs and available for anyone to play as if that works for you :)

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Awww hey that's fine with me.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:46 pm

I figured it would be easier to do that than try and put the weight of another role solely on another player or two. Plus, it would be easier for each person to write their posts involving the antagonist as well.

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!