Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Armored Annihilation

Subplots

a part of “Armored Annihilation”, a fictional universe by X-Striker.

An evolution in war calls for warriors outfitted for the task. Suit up and prepare for battle!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Armored Annihilation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Subplots

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X-Striker on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Alright everyone, as we await the last two people to join, I want to put out that I plan to push the RP's storyline along via several subplots. The main storyline is what you've all read in the introduction, but the subplots are what's going to be played out and ultimately lead to the story's conclustion. Think of them as "Acts" or "Chapters." I want to know, are there any certain situations in mind that all of you want inputted? Discuss any thoughts here and hopefully within the next 24 hours or so our last two applicants will jump in and we can get this show on the road.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

X-Striker
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: [OOC] Subplots

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X-Striker on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Themes of this RP are going to be basic sci-fi, warfare, and political scenarios. I want to be able to flush out each character and how participation in this war affects their personal feelings and relationships with others.

The starting "Act" or "Chapter" for this RP is going to be:

Dawn: Edge of the Sword

The war rages on between the three nations. All are dwindling in resources and the resistances that are rising up within each nation have caused them to split their forces in order to deal with foreign operations and domestic insurrections.

Norserica's government decides to send SORU to Afralia to meet up with the resistance there in order to take advantage of the large movement happening in order to deal with the nation personally.

Eurosia's government has RISS sent into Afralia as well, not to attack, but to secure a few resources. The king of Eurosia along with the prime minister have something up their sleeves and require a shipment of Equatorite, a mineral that can only be refined at the Equatorial area in Afralia. The facility that contains the shipment that the Eurosian government requires is currently under control by the Afralian government.

Afralia's government, being the center of most of the resources that the other two nations require is in a crunch, but they have a few counter measures that they have yet to reveal. TAVG is sent to activate a set of EMP devices that have the ability to decomission the suits that have entered the area.

Meanwhile, the resistances are urging their own wars on farther.

It will only be a matter of time before these forces meet each other...and a new weapon is revealed.

Thoughts?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

X-Striker
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:18 pm

wouldn't the emp mess with the TAVG suits to

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 pm

I think the new weapon could be an alien rail gun of some kind that was hidden on earth, Antarctica.

Also, i had some mission ideas for our Characters, and are all of our special forces on the same team? (as in, all of the SORU are a team, and so forth)

Also, here is some pics of my idea for a Special Forces SORU vehicle for my/all Characters (SORU only)

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/f/f4/HaloReach_-_Falcon.png

http://www.coloring-pages-book-for-kids-boys.com/images/40_halo_reach_falcon_at_coloring-pages-book-for-kids-boys.gif

Its controlled by AI, and can hold 5 (3 passengers, 2 gunners). It can be flown manually however.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X-Striker on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Draruto: Once the EMP devices are set, TAVG units will move to a safe zone where they will be shielded from the emission, keeping their suits intact. The other forces won't make it easy however.

The Character: Alien rail gun does sound interesting, I'll keep that in mind. What I plan on having Eurosia develop though isn't quite like that, but will be revealed later on. And yes all special forces soldiers within each unit are allied with each other and will function as one. About your vehicles, I will make another post about technologies and any new materials people need to know about that pertains to this RP's world, such as the Equatorite I introduced and any other vehicles that I decide to put in. Yes there will be quite a bit as well.

Feel free to add any suggestions or ideas, they are all welcomed.

X-Striker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Less elite Afralian SpecOps should be deployed too. TAVG seems like they're the tip of the spear; they go where others can't and do it in secrecy. I can't see them mowing through enemies. RISS and SORU might see themselves under attack from Afralia's normal military and local militias. Laugh all you want, but technicals with rocket launchers can take down fancy airships.

If you don't mind, I have quite a few ideas for TAVG vehicles. They're pretty BA IMO.

J30 "Zumman" VTOL

M30 Heavy Transport

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 am

Aye, if Afralia is planning on disabling most of the modern tech; then they should be prepared to engage the enemy on those terms.

The 'less elite' Special Forces Kronos mentioned could take the form of highly trained kill teams that specializes in using more primitive tech.
"Blood is the International Currency for Freedom" - General Vlacu

Seloc
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:57 pm

wait, arnt the MJOLNIR suits immune to EMP?

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:29 pm

THe Charecter wrote:wait, arnt the MJOLNIR suits immune to EMP?

To a degree.

A large enough EMP blast would still manage to fuck up the majority of the suit's systems.

Seloc
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Sub plot idea!

Ok, here are some idea i thought of that might help the story.

The Resistance base in Afrialia we are headed too is ether underground or built into a mountain or something.

As we get there, or close anyways, we notice A: a large Afrialian Radio Jammer, and B: a large Afrialian Strike force (perhaps...TAVG even...) attacking as we arrive, making a seemingly peaceful meeting, diplomatic mission to a full out battle between SORU and TAVG over a vital installation for the Resistance. :D

And here is just a idea for the name of Act 2: Tactical Pre Strike, which could involve dispatchments to ether Norserica or Eurosia (Or Afrialia again) to gather Intel on each other (if we go into Eurosia, we could maybe find some sort of data on that secret project maybe :D )

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X-Striker on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 pm

All sounds good to me, gotta wait on Sera to reply and we'll see what happens. And TAVG hasn't been deployed to their destination yet so we'll have to wait on them. RISS still needs to make their way over and that'll happen some time soon hopefully

X-Striker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WICBAT on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Well, sorry I didn't post this earlier, but currently I have my RISS agent with the SORU forces and we can work that into a pretty cool subplot. I really don't have anything in mind for where it's going, if you couldn't tell.

WICBAT
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby X-Striker on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:31 pm

That wouldn't make sense as RISS has their own assignment right now and SORU doesn't trust the other forces so Cross-Fire would be KOS

X-Striker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm putting in another sub-plot, but I'm not spoiling the surprise yet. ;)
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!