Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to Dystopia: The R-Evolution

a part of “Welcome to Dystopia: The R-Evolution”, a fictional universe by Crooked Thoughts.

They tag us like animals and monitor us like children. We mustn't let this continue! It is time we rebel, time we fight; it is time for a revolution! Brothers and sisters, Anarchy needs you... Won't you join us?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to Dystopia: The R-Evolution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Welcome to Dystopia: The R-Evolution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:45 pm

They tag us like animals and monitor us like children. We mustn't let this continue! It is time we rebel, time we fight; it is time for a revolution! Brothers and sisters, Anarchy needs you... Won't you join us?
[Role Play Theme Song]

LINKS

1. Roleplay Tab
2. OOC Page
3. Announcement Page
4. Player Directory
5. Character Directory
6. Information Page
7. Groups Page
8. Races & Classes Page
9. Technology Page

OOC

Welcome to Dystopia: The R-Evolution. This will be the OOC page for this RP. Here you can feel free to discuss problems of the day, what you just ate, events in the RP, spam RPs of yours, whatever. I don't care what you do here, as long as you actually belong to this RP you post anything here. Just make sure to bring OOC here and not in the IC. If there is a problem in the IC, post here, PM that person and me, so that way it can be dealt with.

The RP will start after about week to give everyone including myself time to post characters. It is ok to have multiple characters. Be aware of the difference between NPC and OC. If you want NPC characters, this is fine, I don't expect many post including those characters. They are to mainly give the RP atmosphere and life. But as far as your OC's go, I want full posts including them. They are your main characters, so act as if so.

The story itself will resume right after the message was broadcast. This RP will be character driven, but with a centered goal and one major storyline. Nothing is predetermined, either side can win. I will also be using time-jumps to help move the story along. RPs constantly fail because the story lags in one place for too long, so this will help prevent that. I would like for the RP to have a second chapter which will be the actual civil war, this story will be about the events leading up to that point.

The IC of this RP will be taking place in the forum threads. I used to have problems accessing any new posts made in the tabs and even though this is now fixed, I don't know if it will become a problem again. So to prevent it I will make a totally different IC thread for us to post in. Plus by doing this, everyone will be able to clearly see when new posts have been made.

This RP is also remake of one of my original RPs: The Program: Anarchy is Freedom. Anyone who was in that RP will recognize a lot of things from there, in some ways I even consider this a squeal to that RP. However, the two are completely different, you can tell that just by reading the intro.

The theme of this RP will be cyberpunk. I try to make this theme as obvious as possible, I have also gave a lot of extra info to give this world as much depth as possible. So there is a lot to read and understand. It should be obvious that this is a advanced RP and I will turn people away if I think you are not on this level, but I will do it fairly.

Lastly, I found what I think is a great theme song for the RP. If you listen to lyrics and can decipher them correctly, then you will understand why it is such a great match for the RP.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Welcome to Dystopia: The R-Evolution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Interesting, I think I will join this, it seems to have a lot of work put into it and a massive amount of detail.

I am thinking about making hrmm, an Amp Master, Cyber Ninja working for Anarchy as a spy trying to infiltrate, MurCORP if thats alright.

Although honestly I would not mind the other way around or even something entirely different, hrmmm.

That being said, I might take a little while to come up with them, I am finding I currently have a slight lack of vision. It will pass, really.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

eleniel
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Good. Nice to have another character.

Though the vice versa of your character idea, has kinda been done...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 pm

oh, shoot. Then I will just have to think of something else, I am perfectly fine with that ;p

They will still be an Amp master though, heh.

eleniel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 pm

I'm sorry i just looked into the occ and found all this information. I already submitted my character and I will try to make some changes depending in weather in need to or not. This is a very in depth roleplay and I'm looking forward to taking part in it if my character is chosen.

Ark Reahver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:45 am

Sign me up! This looks like a blast! It must be a coincidence that I was just staring at page after page of articles on espionage and spying. I think I'll make use of that, and an idea I have been in love with for a time...
Red Factioooon!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:47 am

@eleniel: Ok.

You understood what I meant right?

@Ark Reahver: Yea, I just saw your character, so I will be reviewing the sheet soon. When I'm done, I will send a PM if there any changes that need to be made or I will just accept it if not. Either way, you will get a message.

@Eastep: Heh, I'm glad you think so. I will be looking out for your character.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:59 pm

I think I do :p As it is I came up with another character anyway, so its all good.

I hope there is nothing too seriously wrong with them.

eleniel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Ok.

I just saw that you submitted your character, so I will go over the sheet and PM you.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby klikxx on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Glad to see there are so many out there so vehimently opposed to the Guardian Act.
All the sweeter the victory will be when this motion breezes through the senate uncontested and is implimented nationwide.

Simon

klikxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I do believe my character supports the Guardian Act just as much as a mouse can support a battletank on it's back.

Then again, he doesn't have much free will. I have sent Fly-boy my character sheet, and if I am to be accepted, I hope we work well together.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mirrazor on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm like really excited for this. Everyone's character seems awesome, and I am doubly exciting to be playing with Fly and eleniel.

*fangirl shudder*

o.o maybe I can write a song to go along with this...
"What reaps is sewn
What keeps, is shown
What defeats, is repeated
What repeats, is defeated
What walks, is chased
What talks, debased"

Mirrazor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:17 pm

And now I've got a character submitted, yet she feels a little lacking. There is still so much more of her history I could add in... But anyways, I can't wait to get this roleplay started. Where all my anarchist friends at?
*looks around*

Besides all the fooling around, I might get another person in here to play.

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eleniel on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 pm

*blink* Is that a... compliment. *faints* Thanks Mirrazor! hah, I look forward to doing this as well.

eleniel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mirrazor on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:30 pm

:D it IS a compliment. :3

Oh, and to everyone, I was inspired a bunch by this RP, and like I said I might write a song. Anyway, I took some old stuff that I didn't know what to do with, added on with newfound inspiration, and created Perfect Dystopia.

It's instrumental, but it's like ALL dedicated to this RP and you guys, so check it out plox, even though the keyboard writing only took a couple of hours and most of the lead is improv...

Oh, and Fly, I hope you don't mind me constantly updating my character(if you've noticed), I keep adding on little bits because I'm never satisfied...arg.

Mirrazor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 pm

That song was so amazing...
As the review said, I dropped my chocolate and avalanched immediately. I'm probably going to have to play it now anytime that I write a post for here. Also, I think I'm going to try doing some vocals overtop of it, just to see what kind of sound I get out of it. If anything good crops up, I'll send you a PM. =D
Also, are you serious that the whole thing took you four hours to write? I loved it to no end.

flysociety, quick question, I don't see my character up on the character's pages, yet I have a PM that says she's been added to the RP? Just wondering what's up...

Eastep
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mirrazor on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:08 am

If you do vocals thats awesome :D Also, Only bits of the lead, and the keyboard I wrote in 4 hours. The rest I had written beforehand, or I improvised(mostly on the lead).

Mirrazor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 am

Klikxx! I must speak to you! :) It is about a character of mine who is for the Guardian act. So I will PM you soon enough.

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BadgerGob on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:24 am

I'll finish up my character and send it in as soon as I can... I'm excited to get this thing moving!
Sanity, schmanity! I've got style...

BadgerGob
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:43 am

@Shiva: As you probably know by now your character has been accepted.

@Mirrazor: I too am excited, it should be fun.

And great job on the song, I listened to it this morning while I worked. I will add it to the RP main page if that's ok with you?

Oh and yea, just when you get a chance send me a list of the updates if there is anything major.

@Eastep: Hmm.. Your character shows on my screen. Maybe I just hadn't accepted the character yet? Either way, after a while nobody's new character will show. Unless they have fixed it, once a RP gains a certain amount of character, new ones stop showing up. But, my solution to this is the Character Directory which will be updated today as well as the Player Directory.

@BadgerGob: Ah... So are you back already?

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!