Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny

Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

a part of “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”, a fictional universe by Queen of Ice.

Follow your dreams in an advanced Pokémon RP. Create your own destiny in the Faria region. (NO LONGER ACCEPTING UNLESS YOU'VE ALREADY CLAIMED A SPOT)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon: A Trainer's Destiny”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:32 pm

"Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny"

Welcome! Feel free to ask any questions and post any comments or concerns in this thread!
Last edited by Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Pokémon: A Trainer's Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:43 pm

This seems like a lot of fun. I've been a huge fan of Pokemon since my childhood.

I think I have the general grasp of the set-up so far. Just one question: I am assuming that, like most Trainers starting out, you begin with only one Pokemon. If they are not home-taught or self-taught and come from the Academy, how did they equire their starters - as some sort of final or test or other school activity, or do they leave the Academy hoping to catch their first?

If I have any other questions, I'll ask, I promise :) I am very interested in joining this roleplay.

Are we allowed to reserve Pokemon, or is it first-post first-take? Also, would you like me to PM you an example of a RP post before I begin my character sheet?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GracieGray
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Haha, within my massive introduction there is one itty bitty sentence that says your character's parent(s) and/or guardian(s) gave you your first Pokémon.

You may reserve a Pokémon, but if you don't submit your character sheet soon enough and someone else wants it I will give it away. I'll say you may reserve it for 3 days.

You may post me an example if you want, and I'll tell you what I think, but it is not required. I'll get enough information on the quality of your writing from your character sheet. :)

EDIT: Actually, on second thought, I think I will require a sample post of a Pokémon battle. I will add that to the Intro.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 pm

xD I read that about the Academy giving Pokedex's, so I suppose I may have skipped a little along the way. My apologies.

I'll be honest, I've never been in a Pokemon League or been in a combat RPG, but I have played Pokemon / watched the show since I was five or six (I'm sixteen now) because of my twin brother being obsessed with it. I've played Yellow, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Emerald, the fake Chaos Black (...my mom bought it off of eBay believing it to be real.), some Rescue, and a little of the newer ones for the DS thanks to an emulator. That being said, I'm also a huge, huge fan of Monster Rancher - which, I understand, is not Pokemon, but implies the same battle system but without the traveling and catching your monsters.

That being said, I am an avid writer and am willing to learn if you give me some time to adapt and get used to such a style of roleplaying. This is one of the few genres I have not participated in and I would love to stretch my boundaries.

GracieGray
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:59 pm

This RP does seem like a lot of fun, I may not be a Pokemon fanatic like others but I do enjoy it. Still not sure if I would join simply because I get paranoid/worried when it comes to battle scenes in RPs. I avoid those since I worry someone will dislike how I write it or might seem like I'm overpowering my Pokemon...but that's just me.

But I mainly came to say, I read through the Interest Check and was wondering if you were still wondering how to do the EXP. gain during battles? I ask since before when I had a Pokemon RP I used a EXP calculator that was acurate for all the battles. I can't remember or not but there was also a damage calculator but I'm not sure...

If anything I could think up the sheet but still will be a lot of back and forth in my mind about it. But this RP is really well thought out and seems like it'll be very interesting and interactive :)
"You'll have to be a little more specific --- A lot of things are my fault."

lazuli
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Haha, sounds absolutely great. :) I'll be more than happy to help you out whenever you need it. Even if you aren't very familiar with the in-depth competitive Pokémon stuff, the link I provided at the bottom should give you all the information you need to pick it up quickly as well.

EDIT: @Naoto- Thanks! I actually do have a damage calculator to settle really serious arguments, but the EXP calculator would be much appreciated!

I wouldn't worry too much about overpowering your Pokémon and the battling; I'm sure you'll do fine. And if not, no one is going to bite your head off. It'll be a simple fix. :)

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 pm

This RP seems great and I'd love to join, but sadly I probably won't be on very much in the next week. I wish you good luck on this and hopefully, if there's a way, perhaps I could join in on the story at a later point?
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!

Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Right, here it is EXP. Calculator I like the fact it's easy to use and needs only a small amount of info :)

Yeah I guess so, well I'll try my best if so~

Also, I kind of doubt it but Absol wouldn't be a reasonble starter would it? I only ask out of curiousity... frankly if I were to join I'd use a Chimchar since Infernape is my favorite :)

In the mean time I'm reading up on the site you provided (the last game I played was Black and White and my friend has been playing it for so long I think I only got to the third gym -,-)

lazuli
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh snap, I want in on this right here. This looks amazing, although I'll be honest, my battle posts may not be... Exemplary considering this is a completely different style than I'm used to. However, I will try to get a sample together after I dissected the intro and interest check for every little juicy morsel I can.

How rare would a Chikorita or Eevee be for a starter? See what I mean? Gots to dissect that intro...
Last edited by Talisman on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Totally off the wall question: I haven't played the newer games on the DS too deeply, but I do know in the older games, your character didn't seem to sleep unless it was at your home or random old lady's house.

I'm assuming that, on their path to victory and seeing as some of the cities are further apart, that Trainers camp out? (I was just wondering this for my character sheet...)

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm

just when I was thinking'I wonder when Queen of Ice would be finished making this'... psychic much?

I'll write up a trainer soon)

EDIT: You've already seen my example of a fight... can I just copy and paste that, if you require one?
Last edited by Rarikou on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Woah, lots of replies XD

@Hirochi - You definitely can join the story at a later point. If you come back soon enough you can begin your journey just a bit later than everyone else and you'll just have to play catch up. If it's really a long time, then I will see what we can do about starting your Pokémon at a slightly higher level so you aren't too far behind.

WHICH REMINDS ME POKEMON STARTERS START AT LEVEL 5. EDITING INTO INTRO.

@Naoto - Unfortunately Absol would be too powerful for a starter. Chimchar would be great though. :)

The most important part of the site is really the actual Pokémon pages, which you can get to by clicking the magnifying glass to search, and typing the name of the Pokémon you want to see. This will give you the moves, base stats, etc. you really need.

WHICH REMINDS ME "NATURE" NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED FOR EACH POKEMON. EDITING INTO INTRO.

@Talisman - Awesome! Eevee would be verrrrrry rare. Chikorita, however, I would consider a very modest choice and not all that rare.

@Gracie - Yes, the characters would camp out. I was thinking I would make Pokémon Centers double as a hotel of sorts for trainers as well when night time roles around.

Great question though, keep 'em coming guys.

@Rarikou - Again, thanks for your help before, and I can't wait to see your character sheet. :)

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 pm

glad I was able to help..

I was thinking, I might just go after Team Fate in an attempt to take them over and eventually rule the world MYSELF.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*

I can do that right? I thought to myself 'I'm tired of acting all nice in the games'
XD

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Hey guys... if you need an image for your Pokemon trainer or would just like one, I found this and this. I thought I'd share :D

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 pm

@Queen of Ice - Yes I figured as much, but it was worth a shot :) I'm working on a sheet though hopefully I don't chicken out last minute with it.

Though it may be somewhat of a strange question, character names... I always perfer to know the background of a RP before I name my character to prevent being a bit Sue-ish. Having a name such as Haruka Kishimoto and you've lived in England all your life... or Katie Masters and you lived in Japan. I normally just give them names that can pass as English but also Japanese to avoid that, but just for knowledges sake I'd like to know.

EDIT: Also would they need last names? I know of only a few Pokemon characters that had last names... or was that the Dub only... I can't recall but still.

@Rarikou - And I see we meet again Demi, but this time not in the Persona world...strange as it may be. Didn't think you were a Pokemon fan though

lazuli
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 pm

@Rarikou - I was hoping someone might. ;)

@Naoto - Well, this is Pokémon, so nationality of a name isn't really all that important. I would like them to have last names though. Just make sure we can all pronounce it, and don't go too crazy.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 1ofthechosen on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 pm

After I submit character application where do i send character sheet ??

1ofthechosen
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 pm

The RP looks good Queen.

I would be upset with myself if I missed out on the first pokemon RP that could actually work out. Though I was waiting for one that was more... mature. The kind that painted pokemon for the monsters and beast I imagine they would be, instead of the cute children's pet.

At any rate, I think I will be joining this.

Though it will be hard to limit my choice down to one, however my dream team shouldn't be hard too acquire since they aren't too rare or obscure...

Edit: Our character's have to be young and just starting out, right? Our can we have a seasoned trainer with an evolved pokemon, as long as it pretty normal. Like a Stage 2.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm almost finished.

what does it mean in the bag section? I only have 600 what?

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Ice on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:03 am

@1ofthechosen - You don't have to send it anywhere. It is automatically sent to me. Also, did you get my Private Message? I see you're new to the site, so welcome. If you need help figuring things out I'll try my best to help you out :)

@Fly - Thanks! :) I thought about making it really serious, as you said, but in the end I decided against it because the story I was coming up with was really graphic and definitely needed a lot more work before I was ready to release it. I made the toned down version to avoid certain conflicts I couldn't in the other version, such as the actual killing and death of a Pokémon, which wouldn't go over very well. If I can get a lot of support for something like that I'd be open to it in the future, though.

@Rarikou- Sorry! That would be the currency. We'll refer to money as Pokédollars, as the symbol won't show up on this site. Editing right now.

Queen of Ice
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!