Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Gods: New Genesis

Territory Claims

a part of “The Gods: New Genesis”, a fictional universe by almostinsane.

In ancient days, the primordial gods withdrew from the world to allow humanity to decide their own fate. However, in the modern age, humanity finally manages to destroy itself. Now, new civilizations rise under their gods and the guidance of their Avatars

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Gods: New Genesis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Territory Claims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Gods; New Genesis, The Territories.

Here is the current map of the continent that the mortal part of this roleplay will be set on. In this thread, you may make requests for certain parts of the continent to claim as a part of your god's territory.

After making a claim, anyone who also has their eyes on whatever your claim is has the opportunity to request it as well and those involved will hopefully be able to work it out. If you're not able to work it out on your own, and this isn't a case of one person obstinately refusing to be reasonable, our GM will make a decision about what will happen to the claim. Make sure that, whatever it is you are claiming, it fits with your god's society in both size and location.

To make it simpler to request territory on the mainland, I've put together a, admittedly sloppy, grid. Since everyone's not going to have rectangular territories, just give the general area you'd like and I'll make it more naturally shaped once everything's been decided. Here is the map with the accompanying grid.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Territory Claims

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tash on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:23 am

I'd like to request the island(s) located in (B,2) (B,3) and (B,4) and a teensy tiny bit (a colony, or a beachhead) on the coast in (C,2) for Azzathoth's people. Thanks dog.
"If people were rain, I was a drizzle, and she was a hurricane."
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tash
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 am

I'd like to request the small landmass from K2 to M3 if at all possible for the homeland of the Giants, and if it's not too much the section of the main land of K4?

Thank you ^_^
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am

If it pleases the court, I'd like to make a land claim and bar any and all cats from these proceedings.

lol can I have the Far north eastern island of S3-S5, those little bitty island bits in and around the R4 section right next to my island as well as a single spot for my each of my Knight houses? I have four. The House locations I'd like to wait to put a request in for actual spots until I can see where everyone else land claims are going to be since it wouldn't make much sense to put a Knight House in the middle of nowhere making it unreachable by those seeking the help of the knights. Since each house is just a single building it barely needs an entire square anyway and if anyone wants it can be stationed within their hold assuming they are of Good alignment.
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:28 am

Excuse me, I would like to take the quadrants I8-I9, J8-J9, and K8-K9. Thank you very much.
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 am

Hmm, I'd like for P-6 to P-7, Q-6 to Q-7, and possibly Q-8 if that's okay.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:43 am

So far everything seems good, reasonable, and uncontested, but the question that probably should have been asked before all this is how big the world is. Since I'm not sure how much of Earth's land was "saved" I can't make a good guess but I was thinking that each square on the grid would measure say 50x50 miles, or 100x100 miles if the world is bigger than that.

Regardless of the case, I do have a question for Ethereal in that why would Asiysia's temple and the valley it comes in have that big of a territory?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am

750000 miles squared if each square is 50x50miles
3000000 miles squared if each square is 100x100miles

That gives us a sizable chunk, but tbh if the gods reshaped it then it is likely that the waters were moved by Ulmo and then the earth molded by Nuri again for the gods to make what they will. So they could have made it the same landmass total size or shrunk it, and most likely they would have shrunk it so the people would be more manageable.

I'd vote for the 100x100 since the total landmass of earth currently (not counting water since that takes up 70% of the total) is 57505694 miles squared. So if the rest of the world is water beyond this landmass then we can say the area of that map is 3000000 miles squared, with each square being a 100x100.

Btw my end math may be wrong but you get what I'm aiming at xD

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 pm

I will take the bundle of islands on S2.
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a god?
What's a god to a nonbeliever?

JGamer502
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Could I have O6-O8 and N6-N8 for the Empire?
If that's too much, I'll just take O6-O7 and N6-N7

Thanks. :)

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 am

Urgael would like to have E9-E10 Along with F9+F10

Mask lays claim to R13-14 as well as Q14.

Thank you!
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm

I'd like to claim for Nex G-7 to G-8 along with H-7 to H-8.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tash on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Here is a crudely colored version that shows the general area where everyone is so far.

dull red - Me
Pale green - Fabricator
Pale teal - Bromander
Orange - Ethereal
Lime green - Almostinsane(ulmo)
pasty pink - almostinsane(Nex)
purple - luckynumber
hot pink - Saxious(urgael)
blue - Saxious(mask)

That means we're missing:
Lifecharacter
Oscarion
Paragonrex
Jgamer(Who claimed an island in S2 that doesn't exist, the nearest island is already claimed by Bromander)

Tash
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oscarion on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I would like to claim the island at o5 if that is okay.

Oscarion
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

I will take the parts from P12 to 11N then.

JGamer502
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Here is the rough draft of the map so far; it's not exactly in line with the grid since it get's a bit tedious aligning two separate pictures. Most of you have also gotten a larger section than requested since, well, it wouldn't make too much sense for there to be that much unclaimed territory left after hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Anyway the color code is:
Green - Urgael
Dark Yellow - Nex
White - Asiysia (though I still need to talk about this with them)
Gray - Asyl
Yellow - Trinity
Blue - Ulmo
Teal - Tshinef
Black - Mask
Purple - Eddard
Pink - Malus
Red - Nuri
Reddish Purple Magenta - Azzathoth

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paragonrex on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Ok,

I claim everything else then......I kid.

I am not sure what it is called by the grid since I can never get the grid to load.

But I would like to claim to island to the far southwest and the islands that lay off them for the Makai.

TO rule in the name of the "Great Dark" of course

Paragonrex
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:40 am

Can we put a Knight House where the borders of Ulmo, Asyl and The Trinity's territory meets. One on the southern edge of Urgael territory. One the northern edge of Nex's territory there fore it's reachable by any in Nex's region and Nuri's region. And the fourth and final house near the borders of Mask's and Tshinef region.

These are just knight outposts that are designed for the populace to seek out in need of justice or protection. They are designed to put a knight presence in the area but not to supersede whatever law or order is already in place. Remember this is only for the civilians to go to in need of aid, they do not act on their own to dismantle governments or something. They would spend their time training or hunting dangerous monsters if not on assignment.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 am

That's really up to the people whose territory you're plopping foreign power into; you might not be trying to subvert their religion and government, but that doesn't mean they have to be okay with you being there.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JGamer502 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm

I don't really mind anything on my borders, but that means Tschinef is going to have more fun...

JGamer502
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!