Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Facility

Facility

a part of “Facility”, a fictional universe by The(Doctor)Horrible.

You've never heard of it. You never will. That is, unless you're starting to show something... special. Then it will be all you know. (Open and accepting)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Facility”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Facility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:39 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Facility"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Facility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:21 am

Question, this looks like a super powered experiment RP but there are words like vampire and supernatural in the tags. Does this RP also involve things besides humans?
Asper knocked,
at the castle keep.
But the gates were barred!
The Gods, asleep!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asper
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 am

If brought about the correct way, absolutely (just realized how confusing those tags could be, I apologize, it's really late here)

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:37 am

Sorry, that was in reference to vampires, again, it's late. The base species is human, but powers begin manifesting in various ways, like shapeshifters, matter manipulators, mages, et cetera. Thank you for your interest, by the way!

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:45 am

Ahhh I see! Thank you for clearing that up, I have one last question. Is the RP going to be entirely taking place inside the facility? I for one thoroughly enjoy gory break outs and I'm afraid it would be a waste of story potential to remain locked inside cages the entire time.

Asper
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:06 am

But of course! It'll just take a bit to get some more characters up, and slowly the new inmates will be allowed more interaction. Through that they can plan escape :)

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:15 am

Very good! You can expect a character from me within tonight or tomorrow. Now these are my last questions, can their be abilities that access different Planes of Existence? How many abilities are we allowed as well? For example: a main power that is most prominent and 1 or 2 sub powers that are not as dynamic but add flavor. I can still work with whatever you give me.

Asper
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:25 am

Both ideas sound intriguing, mind explaining a bit more for the sleep deprived one? I look forwards to the app!

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:52 am

Well the ability that I had in mind that would be accessing a separate Plane of existence would be Umbramancy, (Better yet known as Darkness Manipulation.) Normal Darkness Manipulation would be considerably weak, the only applications that come to mind would be spreading and perhaps giving a small amount of shape and form to Darkness but still being easily dispelled by a light source. But Umbramancy involves pulling darkness not from the Material Plane where it is weak, but from the Plane of Shadow, a reflective Plane that is made up of "True Darkness." Thus allowing an Umbramancer manipulate Darkness that has more symbolic and mystical properties then that of average darkness. True Darkness is very dense, able to be as strong as steel(potentially stronger) and as fluid as water and gas. Different applications could involve, warping the shadow of ones self or another to change certain properties of their physical self. Travelling through already existing darkness by melding with it. ect.. This True Darkness is still significantly weakness in the present of heavy light, but able to snuff out smaller light sources(Ex: Candles, Fireplaces, lightbulbs.)
Of course my character with this ability would be developing these abilities at a slow and steady rate, and will still not be close to his potential while inside the facility.

The idea for sub-powers is inspired by my wish to also give him Hatred Empowerment, a somewhat feeble ability at first that would take time to mutate into something far more noticeable. It would be able to tie into his abilities at times, as well as provide a far more personality and drive to him.

Asper
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:58 am

Oooh, that sounds really really cool, actually :D So would the darkness have to be touched in order to access the travelling or line of sight, none of the above? I really like it, and the sub power. However, going to mention that this sounds like a really powerful char. A really cool one, and one I'd love to have in here, but one that needs to be watched for OP as they get stronger. The sub-power does add quite a bit of flavour, I like it in particular!

Very well thought out, I applaud you, sir/madam/other

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:15 am

The travelling through darkness ability itself would require that he is immersed in darkness, of course it would also be dependent on the factor that he also learned how to change his body into the stuff of shadow. Both ability working cooperatively would require a great deal of practice and growth on his part, meaning he wouldn't just be able to escape from the facility on his own just after being there for a few weeks.
Likely he won't be given much opportunity to practice such abilities under the watchful eyes of the Facility. But these abilities do not come without strings attached, one would not be able to draw on the Plane of Shadow safely; as the darkness there is much more "alive" in the sense that is consuming in nature and not meant to be touched by human minds. You can expect a rise in insanity in this character, which in its own could eventually be a significant enough of a hamper to keep him from getting out of line.
I assure you I have a strong enough will power and need for a challenge to not let this character become to powerful to handle eventual conflicts.

It is Sir by the way, and thank you.

Asper
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Alrighty, I submitted mine. If you've got anything you'd like to ask about it, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:16 pm

I editted my character and I hope it's alright.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:00 pm

So, I've been thinking since Shadow manipulation isn't that creative... I was thinking about something with water and stumbled upon the idea of creating a kind of shark/human thingy. So a human with the skin, face, fin and tail of a shark... I was thinking of changing Scruffy, but on the other side, that might not come in as well as it should.

What do you think?

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Personally I'd like to see more variety, but the choice is all yours, a shark related ability would be interesting, it just depends on how you apply it. There is often a lot more to abilities then just the ability itself, so I recommend to go with something you understand a lot. If sharks are your bread and butter then go with it.

Asper
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Hey everyone :3 Just wanted to post here cause I haven't yet. I'm playing Nova~. We just got added today, so... can't wait to jump in and role play with everyone! ^-^

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Hail! I checked out your character, looks awesome :D I look forward to RPing with you

Asper
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TushoKa on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi All, come to think of it I haven't been in OOC yet either. Glad to be here now and I'm looking forward to meeting you all ingame.

TushoKa
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Promethean Inspiration Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:40 am

It's all shaping up to be pretty danged good. I can't wait to get to interact in a larger setting.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:38 pm

If anyone would like to plan a scene with Nova just shoot me a PM ^^ Keep in mind that her power is to mute out the powers of others, and healing of others. :3 Given the nature of her abilities I need to pre-plan my posts with people to avoid power play xD so feel free to shoot me an IM/PM if you want to plan something ^-^

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!