Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

House of Sanctum| A Superpowered Journey

a part of “House of Sanctum| A Superpowered Journey”, a fictional universe by Stark Contrast.

As a newborn you were given a serum with unknown ramifications, years later, strange powers burst forth from your body and the media caught it all, with no place to turn to the House of Sanctum shall offer you an escape. [Accepting for limited time]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “House of Sanctum| A Superpowered Journey”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:47 am

Welcome! Please read the rules before reserving a character and a power. I'll be here if any of you have any questions or concerns. I will be in the process of making a Relationship Thread, as well as getting an IC post as soon as we have enough characters to fit the bill. Thank you to all who decide to join ^_^

I don't plan on putting any caps on who can join just yet, and please remember to PM me if you wish to play as a mentor. I will create a separate OOC soon for any powers that have already been taken.
Last edited by Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: House of Sanctum| A Superpowered Journey

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:17 am

May I put in a male student reserve? Face claim is currently undecided, but as far as powers go I'm thinking something akin to Beast or Hulk. So whatever that ought to be called, Berserker Physiology, Inner Beast, Feral Mind. You get the idea?

I'll also possibly take an instructor at some point, just not right away.

Thanks, =]
Riv

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rivaille
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:34 am

Yeah I got you :0, that power seems fine to me, whichever you chose :). Hope to see your character soon!

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Onica-Louis on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:09 am

I'd like to reserve two students:

First- Male || Face Claim: Aaron Taylor-Johnson || Ability: Innate capability (Ability to know or understand something without the need of studying or previous experience)

Second- Female || Face Claim: Ella Fanning || Ability: Animation (Ability to bring inanimate objects to life or to free an individual from petrification)

Onica-Louis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraVioleta on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:46 am

Sorry, I can't make a character at the moment. If possible I'll enter one later for approval.
Last edited by UltraVioleta on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ The Pale Violet

UltraVioleta
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:49 am

No problem, though I have to ask, does your male character's innate capability refer to stuff he could read in books, or like physical movement, or both? Sorry was just wondering, you don't have to answer it now just be sure to put an explanation in your CS as to how his powers work if you can please.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:51 am

I would like to reserve two as well.

First- Female || Face Claim: Dakota Blue Richards || Ability: Power Absorption (Ability to steal some or all of the powers from others and make them one’s own)

I would like to add that I wouldn't make this over-powered because she would be fairly new to the concept of using her powers.

Second- Male || Face Claim: Dylan O'Brien || Ability: Atmokinesis (Ability to manipulate the weather)

Also, I believe I might PM you later about wanting a teacher with the Face Claim of Marina Diamandis.
ImageImage

CyberGlowfly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:45 am

Hi, I'd like to reserve a female student and male student.

Female| FC: Jasmine Villegas| Power: Volatile Constructs (The user can create and launch bombs, explosives and other volatile constructs that have various yields, ranging from small explosions to near-nuclear blasts.)

Male| FC: Jamie Campbell-Bower| Power: Gravitokinesis (User can bend gravity to make the environment very “heavy” or “light”, causing objects to “fall” toward another object instead of the earth (“nexus inducing”), flattening objects, and generating miniature black holes to compress objects into oblivion.)

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Wow, didn't expect so many replies ^_^, time goes by fast when you're cleaning. Anyhow, @UltraVioleta I'll keep a space open for you since you asked and @Cyber and @Girl2Fine2 sure I have no problem with those claims. I'm going to make the Powers taken thread, you can post in it if you want but it'll only be a list of all the powers that have been taken so far so we don't have people confused over what powers to give their characters.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rivaille on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:31 pm

@Cyber If you're looking for a way to balance out Power Absorption, the best way I've seen it done is that only or or two powers can be harbored at once, and they get replaced by the next one or two powers the character comes in contact with(or chooses to steal). Ie. It's constantly changing and it prevents someone having ALLLL the powers and going crazy Heroes Style. :). Just an idea, take it or leave it.

@Stark Just to make this official, I'll go with..
FC: Tim Borrmann
Power: Bestial Physiology

Rivaille
Member for 10 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Hello again!

Yay! Evanora is in and I hope you like her, now I'm going to go work on my other character.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Toxic Cereus on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello! I'd love to reserve a female student please. I'm thinking of the face claim Lauren Cohan, and to have the ability of Illusion Manipulation. The definition I gathered from searching that is : User can create and manipulate illusions, causing people to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or cause them to perceive things differently from what they truly are. Some users can create complex and detailed worlds, others may be able to only alter the way they or the target are perceived.

I intend to use the ability in those purposes, but in no way make it over powered of course. Thanks in advance!

The Toxic Cereus
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Heyo! This seems fantastic and something I would love to be in. As for a character... Which one should I make? I can't really make two because I do not have the mental capacity to as of right now. You can thank finals. The two I can think of are:

Male | FC: Chris Zylka OR Connor Franta | Power: Kinetic Energy Manipulation/Absorption OR Magnetism Manipulation |

Female | FC: Anna Speckhart | Power: Sound Wave Manipulation |

Which one do you think I should make, Stark? I'd like your opinion on this because my head hurts right now and if I think too hard I just might implode mentally.
Curse you Honors Geometry final! *shakes fist in the air*
"Music speaks only to those who wish to hear it."

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Well I always thought that Chris Zykla's face was rather charming (though this is mostly a biased opinion since I don't know who Connor Franta is), if I were you I would go with Magnetism, since the Energy Manipulation is quite similar to my character Randall's power (I think it's pretty much the same thing, which reminds me that I should really get to making that Taken Powers Thread so things get less confusing)

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Gotcha.

And this is Connor Franta:

He's cute as heck. So... Chris or Connor? XP

And I'm good with the Magnetism. Though his power would probably be very similar to that of Magneto's.

Starlight77
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm gonna be biased cuz I love blonde men and say go with Chris ^^

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starlight77 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:47 pm

@Stark, Again. xP

I read over your character sheet, and the Kinetic Energy Manipulation would actually be extremely different than what your character's powers are.

There's a reason why its "Kinetic" energy and not just energy in general. It would be rather similar to that of Electricity Absorption and Manipulation: Say, my character were to be hit by a car. His body would quite literally absorb the energy of the speeding car into his body, and he would be able to transform that energy into enhanced physical capabilities, such as heightened strength and speed.

So, the car hit him, and he would bounce off generally uninjured (however still experiencing pain) because his absorption powers took the brunt of the energy. Then, if he were to punch a building, he would punch that building with the force of a speeding car.

This power would also make him extremely impervious to physical attacks, such as punches or kicks. The only thing is that he would absorb the kinetic energy from the attack, but he would still feel part of the pain of the attack until he learns to control his powers more.

He could also alter the kinetic energy of an object. He could grab a pebble, throw it, and increase its energy enough it could knock down walls or trees. Though that might not be until his powers progress a bit.

In all honesty, I would prefer the Kinetic Energy Manipulation because I think its very original and it would be fun to use. Not to mention I would probably use Chris Zylka because he's a beast.

Welp, that's just my opinion. ;-;

Starlight77
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm

Right, sorry I must have read over your response wrong, I was cleaning so I didn't see 'Kinetic' there ^_^, also thanks for the explanation, it seems that you have everything you need to use that power, for RJ I was looking towards fictional heroes like Havok, who could disperse waves of energy or radiation. I saw your post as Energy Manipulation, and my eyes just skipped over the first word I guess >.>

Anyhow, sorry again, and you can use the power if you want.

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyberGlowfly on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Yay! I finished August. I feel accomplished! Now to take a nap cause I'm tired.

CyberGlowfly
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloud on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi there, I'd love to reserve two characters if that's alright.

The first will be female, FC: Gabriella Wilde and her power will be Health Manipulation

The second will be male, FC: Daniel Sharman and his power will be Supernatural Condition

Thanks! And let me know if those powers are alright!

Cloud
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Property Buyer Recruiter Storyteller Salesman Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!