Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Catalysts

The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

a part of “The Catalysts”, a fictional universe by Mr. Inkwell.

A recent scientific breakthrough found the ability to give certain people astonishing powers. The use of these powers have been either to heal or destroy, which will you be?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Catalysts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:42 am

If you have a certain role you want, (i.e: Head of the Chaos Insurgency), then let me know here. If you have any other questions or simply wish to be in the RP, lemme know.
"My situation is not my choice, but the outcome will be. . ."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi there. I'd be really interested in being either in the chaos insurgency or the leader of the chaos insurgency. :) I think this could be a really cool story, and I like the fact that the ability has their down falls and what not. Very gritty and realistic, not sugar coated.
Image Image
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jericho193 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Hey I'd like to reserve a spot for the Hunter Blacklist. I'm very good at the whole mercenary thing. Face claim would be Jason Momoa
"I don't have time to bleed."

jericho193
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:09 am

Scar, You can easily be a high ranking member of the Insurgency. Such as the head of the Emperia city branch.

Jericho, you can have a spot. Reservations are mainly for "I wish to be the leader of... or the guy who..." or whatnot.

I apologize for the late response time.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:47 am

I would really like to reserve a role in the freelance initiative. I'm very intrested by the concept of this RP.
Last edited by TheGypsyQueen_13 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all those in the world, she was the only one who knew what regret is; and love...Image

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks!! I'd love to! I think it's a great story! And it's ok no worries :) Just let me know when I should start creating my character and what not and I'll work on it!

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:05 pm

TheGypsyQueen, if you would like to be the leader of said group, you may, so long as you read up on their OOC page, and these characters: Lucielle Thorn & Devon Steele. (Links currently not working).

As for Scar, you should create your character as soon as you're done reading up on any character connected to the Insurgency. I'll list em' here.

Lucielle Thorn
Hunter Thorn
Jericho Maddox
"Top Hat"

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroBlast on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:08 pm

I've been meaning to join an RP lately. So I am thinking upon using my signature character, Vanessa Eris.

So this version of Vanessa is affected by the Catalyst Gene, specifically, giving Vanessa her signature ability of hair manipulation, but the excessive use of the brain for that psychic ability rendered her with mental ailments. This version possesses no natural means of mind control (Vanessa's other usual ability).

So with her insane, I'm not actually sure of whether to have her unaffiliated, or working for the bad guys.

HeroBlast
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Arc Warden Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Awesome, will finish reading and have my character up by tomorrow.

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Just to keep tabs on who and how many are in which factions I looked at that requirements section in the intro. Nice touch. I'm usually not that great with using multiple characters in a single roleplay, since I'll come to favor writing for one more than the other(the one that I deem more interesting due to interactions). I might give it a try and attempt to make another character for the Freelance initiative. That is if I find any inspiration to concoct another good character.

@Heroblast: Which bad guys? Honestly there are 5 potential bad guy factions and one neutral-ish. Basically all the stereotypical factions ticked off: shady government organization, anti-governmental terrorists, religious zealots, mercenaries and a group hellbent on destruction.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:23 pm

I'd be forced to agree with Chaotix, I'm not certain there are "bad guys". Even the "good guys" are forced to either make unpopular decisions based on the hell around them, or completely remove themselves from the scenario. Every group can be perceived as "good" to some extent. Save for The Devil's Hand, who just relish in watching the 'inferior humans' burn. Literally. The four main factions, (Those not funded by Catalysts), have their positive and negative connotations.

The Horizon Foundation are secretive, sure. But they try and push towards the betterment of humanity, and keep it from things they see as, "not ready for global integration".

The Chaos Insurgency believes that The Foundation has too much power, and hopes to bring it down, along with several other governmental systems. but go about it in a militaristic, head-on approach. Often keeping small pocket countries as a base for 'test-subjects' and promoting turmoil across the world.

The MCF are perhaps the only one I deem evil, as the crusades were F*cked up enough to begin with. Nonetheless they're the only publicly good faction, as they spread stolen foundation materials and technology, (mostly medical supplies), to third-world countries, but believe that the Foundation's "creations" are immoral, unjust things, that need to be destroyed.

The Hunters, are perhaps the ones most perfectly neutral. As they take no favors, only working to gain money each member with their own financial gain in mind. The only downside is that they kill people, people that might have changed the world, (for better or worse), to gain that wealth. Although, some Hunters believe they have a purpose there. And they weed out the weak, or the undeserving, only taking contracts from cases where they can hold moral high-ground.

(You might notice each description gets longer and longer there.)

Also, Chaotix don't feel compelled to join a certain group just because I put numbers behind it. (That is, unless you want to join The Foundation, as there are 3, possibly more, people there.)

Also, if anyone sees an error between a character joining a faction, and me not marking it, please do let me know. IMMEDIATELY, Through a PM or something.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HeroBlast on Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:22 pm

I see. With those conditions set, I think what may be best for Vanessa is that she is completely unaffiliated, but definitely a terrorist. She operates on an agenda of her trying to create a hypnotic empire. How she'll do this is to steal Horizon Foundation plans for mind control techniques, if they have any, trying to recruit soldiers from the other factions, conquering land, and setting these intricate schemes and putting them in motion.

Do any of you have feedback on my contributions?

HeroBlast
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Arc Warden Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Announcement OOC page now created, do not reply to it, just go there for updates on when the RP will start, if there will be a hiatus, abandoning characters, and what have you.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:57 pm

alright will do

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lialore on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:41 am

Hey hey, I'm thinking about signing up.
Can I ask what the setting is like? :)
Comrade:
I didn't know Dashmiel was a he.
Dashmiel:
That's what she said.

Lialore
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:26 am

The setting is the fictional city of Emperia city, a large city loosely based off of New York, located somewhere in Maryland probably. It's modern/slightly-futuristic, meaning it's loosely based off of today's technology and advancements, with the additions of a few pieces of tech held by The Horizon Foundation and its competitors. One of these advancements, (the main one really), is the discovery of the "Catalyst gene", a gene responsible of giving certain people outstanding powers. Not everyone in the world has these powers. In fact, it's rather rare to see such a large group of Catalysts in one place.

Due to the classified advancements of The Horizon Foundation and The Chaos Insurgency, characters are able to worm away with slightly futuristic technology, (Such as Hunter or Pandora's augmented suits, or anything to do with Devon Steele), I like to think that this furthers the RP even more from daily life, prompting some to get even more creative with it.

Any questions?

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 pm

I'd also like to ask the question of posting frequency. I don't really wanna commit people to a posting regimen, but I would like to know how often people are willing to post. At the moment, I feel like once a day or at least multiple times a week works for me pretty well. I can easily be pretty flexible, unless someone wants to post every hour.

That'd be insane.

So, I'd like to know what works best for each of you. I want your honest opinions, and I'll try and average between that.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:32 pm

Mr. Inkwell wrote:...or anything to do with Devon Steele

Yeah, basically. He'll have some high tech stuff, but there'll also be some stuff that sounds like it could have come out of the anarchists cookbook. He's also self-experimenting to try and replicate his cloaking with technology, mostly to reduce his mental strain and to create a more flexible cloaking for himself.

At any rate, while I will probably be and try to keep my reactions to within a day of it being my turn to react(I really don't like making people wait for me to react), real life tends to have different plans(the last couple of days are an excellent example as my provider has been DDOSed every evening since Tuesday, they seem to have solved it today). But a couple of posts per week should be doable for me.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lialore on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:03 pm

I'm hoping to make a member of the Freelance Initiative, I'll start work on them soon and should have them submitted for today or tomorrow ^^

I look forward to writing with you all.

Lialore
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Barel on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:50 pm

I would like to join this RP. I'm making 2 characters, a Freelance Initiative and a Devil Hand. I already started making them, so they'll up soon.

Barel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!