Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Catalysts

The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

a part of “The Catalysts”, a fictional universe by Mr. Inkwell.

A recent scientific breakthrough found the ability to give certain people astonishing powers. The use of these powers have been either to heal or destroy, which will you be?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Catalysts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Catalysts - Main discussion/Role requisition

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:31 pm

So after reading through everything and thinking hard i had a thought, sense the freelance initiative is all for peace and protecting others what are the chances of them having scouts (or spies) that report everything back to Ella who then calculates the possible outcomes and what steps they should take. IFF need be I can make a spy or two character, I'm pretty got at having up to three characters at once.
Of all those in the world, she was the only one who knew what regret is; and love...Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Spies? That'd be up to the leader. (Yes I know she is), but if the last leader didn't want them in place, she'd have to implement them herself, and either by using bribes to get current members of those organizations to report back to her, or by hiring someone to do it for her. Either within the Initiative or from the Blacklist. (I'd recommend Devon Steele).

But I am wholly opposed to the creation of new characters by pre-existing members. The only exception is if your character dies and you wish to keep going. And yes. Characters will die. Probably. Not very easily, but if your character is in a situation where the chances of them living are WAY low, oops.

I digress. The problem isn't you having more characters, it's leaving slots open to those who wish to join. If say, no one else joins, then I'll consider it. But for now, try and work with what you have.
"My situation is not my choice, but the outcome will be. . ."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Barel on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:53 pm

The Freelance Initiative does have Alex the Seer who can be used to spy on certain people of interest.

Barel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:02 pm

I thought she meant more espionage-like spying, such as the recovery of important documents.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:11 am

Barel wrote:The Freelance Initiative does have Alex the Seer who can be used to spy on certain people of interest.

Well weren't Alex's visions inaccurate due to the whole can't focus problem?

At any rate if it's stealing documents, Devon wouldn't have a problem in doing that, it's not like he wasn't going to go in there to steal data or tech anyways, might as well take some extra info while he's there.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:08 am

Really anything, Ella can remember whatever is brought to her and calculate the outcome.

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:09 am

I'm glad people like my idea of an introductory arc, along with Inkwell improving it a lot more. Can't wait until this starts now, already got my first post planned and ready to go. This simply shows how my two characters interact and work with each other, along with the major differences between the two which can cause a few arguments.
Also, after seeing how people are talking about their characters interacting already, I was forced to think about what my duo will be like, as aggressive members of the blacklist, they aren't really suited for espionage or 'catch this guy'. They're more like "We'll fight alongside you guys for a price" while also spreading their ideology on the job, hoping to gain more people on their side for the conquest of the city.
Of course, assassination is still their thing, maybe they could even be hired to cause an uproar for other groups. Perhaps being paid to act the villain for the freelance to jump in and 'beat them' to gain more favor over the public.

One more thing, do you mind if I make a little edit to my characters? I wanted to add masks to the two, since they are blacklist hunters, being recognized isn't a good thing.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:02 am

Time to address things in order.

As of right now, there are three, (3) characters left in the unapproved box, and two are under creation and one is being worked on and talked out. These should be resolved soon, so high hopes there.

Second, I forgot to mention that: Yes, some characters should know each other before the RP starts, but I don't think we should go overboard.

It seems that every group is going to have 3 people in it, with either there being three unaligned, Insurgency, or MCF members, leaving two of those groups with only two people in them.

Adding masks to characters really isn't an edit, as they could just put the masks on or don their own disguises before a 'mission'. So, you can edit them if you want, though I suggest against it, instead choosing for them to remain maskless as often as possible.

Not really much of anything, but I'll be gone for most of the day today, so perhaps I'll be able to approve or remove the final pending characters later tonight, and we can start this up Sunday. I hope it's Sunday, because if we start Monday, It'll feel too ironic. That, and ya know. I CANT WAIT FOR THIS TO START NOW DAMMIT, ALL ABOARD THE HYPE-TRAIN CHOO CHOO! *cough*

I digress. Nonetheless, This should be an interesting experience for all.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:29 am

I CANT WAIT!!

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:00 am

No brakes on the Hype train.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snejana on Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:49 am

Reading over all the ideas and such, and I like the Introductory ARC and all the other ideas bouncing around. Seems like a nice place to start and get everything rolling.

On the topic of knowing each other's characters however, Daisy is a fairly new Catalyst and probably wouldn't know many of of the other characters as she doesn't have any recollection and doesn't wish to be visible. Of course she may know Jessie being they are from the MFC, but as of now I'd like her to be more of a mystery. Of course feel free to interact with her or even discover her secret eventually, but it wouldn't feel right if she had many relationships as a somewhat new character and of someone living in fear of being discovered as a Catalyst.

Snejana
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:44 am

They would only wear their masks during missions and when they get into contact with contractors. Other than that, they wouldn't wear them. I just thought it'd be best to add masks to the character sheets so people are aware that these masks exist and don't appear randomly.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Inkwell on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:37 pm

I don't have a problem with the masks.

Mr. Inkwell
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lialore on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:15 pm

I just submitted my character. She hasn't been approved yet but I'm butting in anyway.

My reply to the stuff I've read on the announcements page...

Posting. I can usually manage once a day. Probably not on the weekends. Buuuut, three or four times a week, definitely. I suppose it depends on the length of the posts. I can't write 1,000 word posts on the daily.

Pictures. Nope. Basically everything that you said, I agree with.

Charchars. I usually love playing two characters in each RP. I like creating complete opposites or two that are closely related. But, y'know, I don't really have the time any more but if I want to make any more I am more than happy to abide to what you said.

And I am also starting university on the 21st, like Weil. Buuuuut. I managed to keep up to date last year so I should be fine :P
Comrade:
I didn't know Dashmiel was a he.
Dashmiel:
That's what she said.

Lialore
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:44 am

Well, I guess it's time to step out from the shadows and introduce myself. I'm sure I've enough lurking by now.

While I do work odd hours (and by odd, I mean I'm often closing one night just to open the following morning), I can manage to post almost every day or so.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weilacca on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 am

Dang, that's saddening to hear, Inkwell. I see that you don't want to keep people waiting either, which is pretty nice of you as well. Hopefully, you'll find a suitable substitute over the time people stated, or perhaps hopefully have your computer fixed faster than you stated. Life isn't that kind though... I'll be looking forward to posting and also your return, we should all cope fine though.

Weilacca
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:27 am

If you go to the local library you can use their computers for free.

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Gypsy and/or Lialore, if either of you want to jump in on my post feel free. Kinda why I made that post.

Also Wooot! we've officially started.

chaotix14
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lialore on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Will do tomorrow :)

Lialore
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGypsyQueen_13 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Finishing up my post, 2'it will be up by noon tomorrow!:)

TheGypsyQueen_13
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!