Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Without Absolution

Without Absolution

a part of “Without Absolution”, a fictional universe by UnderINK.

In the ancient world, a peaceful island sits on the brink of disaster. A government breakdown, whispers of heresy and plans of assassination, a prejudice against the Gifted ones, a massive volcano waiting to erupt---and nowhere to run.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Without Absolution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Without Absolution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:45 pm

Hm. I'm mildly annoyed but I'll be quite polite. I'll post this here for clarification. I didn't realize your interpretation of the Temple was so strict. Your perspective is very hard to grasp because Simin is, being governed by the will of Apollo, very empathic and therefore very caring. The Gifted do leave the temple frequently---most of their 'classes' are conducted in the wilderness, safely away from society. Simin is a very out-doorsy sort of woman. She is known for being completely compassionate and utterly and totally understanding of all of her students. I am not the type to 'void' actions done in a roleplay if they can be reworked, however, so hold your posting and I will fix this mess. Simin will have to vouch for the character to not be put to death for treason, among other things.
•civilization begins with order, grows with liberty and dies with chaos

My Roleplays
Without Absolution- a civilization on the brink of destruction

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UnderINK
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:39 pm

The Grand Palace of Light is working again. Eric reset the entire server to fix it. Please move all related roleplay posts, from the 'Kethadria' location to the appropriate Temple location. Thank you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

UnderINK
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:25 pm

I made a preliminary response to the fire (by no means complete; she does intend to extinguish it but I didn't want to do too much in a single post). From now on all posts relating to the Temple, including the ongoing plot, are to be moved in reply to mine in the Temple. Thank you.

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Remind me to post, via a PM with a link. The tab doesn't have a fancy schmancy 'view your posts' thing like the forums do. So I forget. Constantly.
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:31 pm

well ouch....Hopefully my character will be declared dead then. After all....... it was her work area that went up in flames. :(

hate to end up on a wanted list XD though I could live with it if it happened like that.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:05 am

Well tonight is a bit of a catch-up night for me when it comes to role-play and more in particular the OOC’s. Forgive me for my absence and lack of an introduction post yet. I have been busy with my classes but it is reaching its dusk – in other words, I am almost finished. Should be finished by today due to the deadline so I would like to mention that I will be posting in the coming week! Thank you for your patience.

~ Maestro ~

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Kawai, your character will end up with the blame eventually, but Simin (like I said, being against capital punishment) will probably find other means of "punishment" for that, or understand it wasn't wholly intentional and work something else out. She is a very compassionate character.

Do keep in mind that Simin, being the avatar of and oracle of Apollo, is inclined to know when somebody is lying or not. Tenrai, also, can sense lying through microvibrations and heart-rate, which she can feel acutely (it's how she sees), and are usually put on the council of judges for certain cases of immediate concern.

Otherwise, all I wanted to remind you of Kawai (you're doing well switching locations when you need to, but instead of posting under 'Kethadria', which itself should almost never be used (if you need a location inside Kethadria to use, like the wilderness [in the works] then I'll do that, but it makes no sense to be running through all parts of the country at the same time---I only allowed it while the temple didn't work) then post in the actual location of the capital city for now if you're wandering the streets outside the marketplace (that goes for everyone)--also, keep in mind the marketplace is quite big and you may still be in it even when you don't think you are. The Marketplace is the center of the city and includes all restaurants, vendors, shops, trades [blacksmith, etc], et cetera. Just trying to keep everything organized until some kind of easier system is set up for locations so everyone has an easier time responding to their respective location only and doesn't become confused.

Thank you. :) I will do my best to post very soon, let me work on adding some new locations first.

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm sorry I know, It was an accident there. So umm I'm screwed into being carted back to the temple? well if so I can deal with that. :( :D

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:33 am

Probably not the temple immediately. Probably a small jail-cell until they decide whether or not the character is innocent, which will require Simin's involvement in the trial or to appeal to the king directly (she's going there to talk to him anyway, so it's opportune as far as timing. :) )

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 am

Pardon to Heliaste but, my character is the queen and quite frankly. Are you kinda like god-modding? You said my character took your hand and went to the temple when Pashipae is still currently talking to Minos as of now... I am confused @_@
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 am

works all the same for me. Hrmm I wonder how I am going to get out of this.

Technically speaking I didn't start the fire. I was going to do, but it was going to be a small one, and probably not in the temple, and definitely be able to be put out more quickly XD

though I'm sure my Teacher will say I did in trial :( then it's, do you believe the teacher or the child.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Simin is a truth teller. She'll know what happened and your character won't get in trouble. Don't worry about it.

Given Maestro's most recent post, I feel it urgent to note to everyone (because I unfortunately didn't touch on it) that in Kethadria, women are a superior sex. They are not looked down upon, and most of the deities they worship are women. Part of the reason Kethadria is (and Crete was) so successful is that it was an equal gender nation. There was no oppression of women. When they enter a room, they are respectfully greeted and in a family, and in the government, they are valued for their intelligence and opinions. I corrected Maestro's post in private PM and would like if you two adjusted your posts to omit that interaction simply because I want to keep everything cohesive (that doesn't mean there can't be sexist characters, by the way; but generally that outburst would not happen in a meeting) and I intend to have oppression of women become a problem later in the plot as a conflict (after certain events unfold that I've already discussed with Maestro), so it's imperative that it stays intact right now that women are respected at all times.

I do NOT like to correct peoples' posts, so you will only see me do this if it affects the plot as a whole, so trust that it is important.

With my new Mentor duties, I became quite busy abruptly. I apologize for my absence from the roleplay and I will be posting tonight. :)

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 am

Sorry. I know I said I'd post tonight but I really f'd up my finger during an argument. I don't know what's wrong with it yet but the tip is purple and there's a black and blue line along my first joint, and it's EXCRUCIATING to type on. I'll wait and see if the swelling goes down tomorrow and try to post then. If not, I'll let you know what's wrong with it when I find out and try to splint it with something to help me type. Try to stall my entrance (and even assume the fire is being taken care of in the mean time, even if vaguely) until my finger doesn't feel so damn bad (this is scream-worthy right now so I'm going to stop)

Thanks.

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:39 pm

It's no problem, sorry to hear about your finger :(
Hope it gets better soon.
I'm assuming that the last of the fire is getting put out right now. Once the immediate panic was over it would go out fairly quickly........as long as no water was used, teehee :D

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Tenrai would use earth (dirt, sand, etc), because they heard the exclamation directing someone to not use water.

Anyway, my finger is dislocated with fracturing. It's a little easier to type on now but not by much. I'm going to take the opportunity to work on some other projects momentarily and will post ASAP (extreme bruising all over my finger and I can't afford to have it x-rayed and splinted, so it's healing on its own).

UnderINK
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 am

and uhh You sure you have NO IDEA how this happened >.<

This just seems like something you just wouldn't forget about lol

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:20 pm

UnderINK, in my last post I had Asterion stumbling into the smoke to find Simin. Since you're assuming the fire is being taken care of, should I just have Asterion pull Simin out of the blaze or something, so that she's not in the middle of the inferno when whoever takes care of it does so?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 am

well I'm assuming it has been several hours in time since the fire started and now

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:07 pm

I hate to be rude Kawai, but I don't really care what you assume, just what UnderINK, the GM, says. And since no one has posted dealing with the fire since Asterion went in to find Simin, it doesn't make much sense to assume that hours have passed with the two of them just standing in the flames and nothing being done about it, now does it?

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kawai Maria on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:36 pm

well then..... I know they havn't posted but it would make sense. Of course they are working to put the fire out but, we shall see. No one has posted in 4 days and I can't because if this is true then I need to wait for everyone else to catch up in the RP. Hope people start posting again.

Kawai Maria
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!