Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Order of the White Lotus

The Order of the White Lotus

a part of “The Order of the White Lotus”, a fictional universe by Gabriel_Whist.

A literate, mature, advanced/semi-advanced story, set in the world of Avatar Last of the Airbenders, hundreds of years before hand, in a different time, a different era.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Order of the White Lotus”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Order of the White Lotus

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I've met too many people who don't do Anything after they've had weed; it makes people docile in the weirdest way. Spooks me out a bit, but then, I'm pretty against mind-altering substances and experiences altogether. I don't like not being myself, even if it's just because I'm tired, I really hate not being fully sober and sentient at all times... It's almost a bit of a phobia.
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Don't blame the weed Fabricati, blame the people. If you're lazy and apathetic, weed will only make you more so. However the same goes for many attributes, like creativity, or kindness. When I blaze as a recreational activity, in my chill time, I will often just listen to music, watch TV. The docility you speak of is simple contentedness. When you're high, you can just be at peace with the world, in a way I've never been able to, or met anyone who can, sober. Its the only time I'm really happy and enjoy life all that much.

However, I can, and often do, still do everything else in my life (writing, playing music, working out, classes, etc...) while I'm high. Working out is a bit more exhausting, but the endorphin rush combined with the weed is a fantastic high. A real stoner is used to being high, and doesn't really find him/herself impaired in any way by weed. I try not to drive if I'm completely blown out of my mind, but that's just for cops really, and I drive fine high.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm sorry, people, but I've seen and heard of far too many cases of drug abuse to ever be convinced that filth like weed is ever a good thing for people. I've seen too many communities filled to the brim with drug abusing scumbags to ever be convinced otherwise. There's a reason it's fucking illegal, after all. Anything that causes people to start wars in the streets over it needs to cease to exist in my eyes. Period. In my experience, people who do that stuff are bums who only care about where their next smoke is coming from. What makes it worse, is that in my neighborhood it's usually those same bastards who get hired for all the jobs available, leaving clean people like me (who desperately need the work to help their families) left looking like the bums and it pisses me the hell off to no fucking end.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:43 pm

Please don't be a complete and utter retard and asshole in my threads Proto. Weed is absolutely harmless, fact, not opinion. It is not addictive, fact, not opinion. It's legal for medical uses in a number of states, and the ballet for full legalization in California comes around in September, so hating it for being illegal is as stupid as hating any form of medication that can be abused. Other wise known as virtually any medication. Try doing some research before blindly hating something. In fact, get the fuck out of my RP if you're going to. I smoke weed every day, and its benefits on my life are more than I could ever express in words. Its adverse effects? None. So think twice before you spout off lies and bullshit about how much you hate weed to your self-professed stoner GM. Next time it happens you're out of the game, this is your only warning. As I've said before, I don't tolerate stupidity.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:19 am

Weed is "harmless" because the US Government won't let scientists study it more thoroughly. I'm sure if enough research is conducted on the stuff, adverse effects could be brought to light. I'm not about to take a stoner's word for it, since any substance user will claim that their substance is harmless, even if it's clearly not.

I don't "blindly" hate it. I hate it because people who use it are making my life a living hell where I live. I think that's a perfectly valid reason to have my opinion. If you disagree, then you can go fuck yourself.

You're an over zealous prick, you know that? Just because someone doesn't share your personal opinion about the weed you're so obviously addicted to, you essentially tell them to get out of your game? That's no different than kicking someone who does not share your religious beliefs.

You're not kicking me out because I fucking quit. I'm not gonna play with a GM who spouts off about how my PERSONAL EXPERIENCES are all a lie, when that's plain bullshit. I know what I've seen and experienced, Gabriel. No matter how "harmless" you make your weed out to be, I see it's true nature in my neighborhood. You do NOT tell me that what I experience is not true.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:46 am

Weed has been studied in depth, it was found that it was impossible to ingest a great enough amount of it to cause an overdose, or any significant harm to the body. You can kill yourself by drinking to much water, you can't by smoking too much weed. How harmful is that? Try actually doing research before you make false claims.

That sounds like a problem with people, not the drug itself. What your saying is no different than saying you hate everyone who uses the internet because a few of its users 'make your life a living hell'. So yes, I disagree. For completely valid reasons, unlike you.

So are you. All I asked is that you not blatantly insult a drug that has made my life tolerable within my threads. Along the lines of your logic, thats like a religious person asking that people don't blatantly insult their faith within their own threads. Sounds reasonable to me.

Call it what you like, you're out. I don't claim your experiences are invalid, merely that you cannot call weed evil because a few people who smoke it are. You have no logic to your arguements, so they fall through. What you experience may be true, but the view point you take away from it is completely illogical.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:50 am

Gabriel_Whist wrote:So think twice before you spout off lies and bullshit about how much you hate weed to your self-professed stoner GM.

That's you, calling everything I said I have to put up with in real life a lie.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:47 am

On Protoman's side, I have to agree that studies on weed's adverse affects are not well handled; most researchers, similar to the global warming scandal, seem more focused on proved that it should be legalized than actually testing the substance for safety. I also still stand by my statement that mind altering substances are rarely worth the space they occupy, let alone the time, money and lives they consume, but this is simply my view. Perceived happiness of one stoner also does not, in my opinion, constitute any proof of worth for it is, while somewhat notable in weed's defense, still only a case study--a step up from wishful thinking, in terms of viable evidence.

On Gabriel's side, street violence is caused by the illegality of the substance, not technically the nature of the substance itself. During the Prohibition Era, after all, gangsters and criminals caused quite a stir with boot-legging, and although this led to the suffering and loss of many, few blame alcohol's nature itself as the reason for the fighting (except of course because it was desired by those with money, though illegal). To that end, street violence will always be around; whether it be for slave rings, dog fighting, recreational drugs or prostitution, people will always find something illegal to fight about.

That said. You both have points, though this argument really has no point nor no answer as you are fighting about different things, and the same thing at the same time. Your peace of mind, your lifestyle, your ideology. The same concepts, though completely contextual. I wouldn't let such a huge misunderstanding over a subject you are both very passionate about lead to such rash actions and decisions. I'm sure you could both agree that the other's points are valid? Gabriel appreciates his life style and peace of mind, Protoman can't stand the violence that haunts his neighborhood? Could we be reasonable?

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:10 am

Protoman X wrote:
Gabriel_Whist wrote:So think twice before you spout off lies and bullshit about how much you hate weed to your self-professed stoner GM.

That's you, calling everything I said I have to put up with in real life a lie.

That's you, ignoring everything I said. I'm not saying you don't know asshole stoners, I'm saying that because assholes smoke weed it doesn't make weed evil. You hate the users, that doesn't give you reason to hate the product, or decry its usage. Its simply ludicrous.

Fabricati: Again, the information there is wrong. Weed HAS been studied, in GREAT depth. If you had done any actual in depth research on the subject, instead of going by the bullshit the media feeds you, you would know that weed has a plethora of good effects on the body, and absolutely zero adverse ones. It's used to treat pain, depression, nausea, insomnia, the list goes on. On top of that, users who smoke after the age of 55 have about a 90% lower chance of getting alzheimers or dementia, as weed helps battle the causes. It won't make it go away, but it will greatly reduce the chances of it happening. Similarly, weed has been proven to slow the growth of cancer cells, it won't cure cancer, but it'll sure as hell slow the growth down. There are a million and one reasons TOO smoke weed, and only one NOT too. That reason being you don't enjoy, or want, the high it provides. And for many, myself included, the high is incredibly enjoyable, and has, in my experience, helped many such individuals to find greater peace and contentedness in life, sleep better, eat healthier, and generally be a kinder, gentler, and happier person. If you think I'm an asshole now, you should have seen me before I found weed.

EDIT:

Oh, and before you think all stoners are lazy losers, take a look at America's founding fathers. Was George Washington a lazy loser? No, yet he and his wife grew and smoked weed. Did you know that weed only became illegal in America because it was cutting into certain politicians money by threatening the logging industry with the cheap, durable, and versitile plant itself? The only reason weed became illegal in the first place is that hemp threatened the logging industry, just think about that.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

Everyone done?

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:14 pm

I was 'done' quite a while ago :/

First, the GM Insults my writing. I've seen multiple spelling and grammatical errors all over this OOC and the actual roleplay, even by Gabe, but somehow I, one of the few people that has continually gone out of my way to be in step with the GM's plans for the plotline, to double check my character posts for errors in grammar or spelling, and to remain civil, tolerant and undemanding even when provoked, am on the GM's "watch list." I still don't know what to make of That.

Secondly, come on. Just because people don't agree with you, you're not only using it as an excuse to be rude, but you're letting it interfere with the game. If you're that kind of GM, where you'd rather be right about Everything, in game or no, then you can count me out too, right now.

Roleplaying is supposed to be fun, but this one has been Nothing but work for me so far. Frankly, I'm just tired; of waiting, of being insulted, and of being ignored.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 pm

urm... I don't really care either way about weed... I think that waterbending is pretty cool. Who's with me?
Come to the edge,
We can't, we're afraid,
Come to the edge,
We can't, we will fall
Come to the edge,
And they came
And He pushed them
And they flew
--Guillame Appolinaire

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bodilanguage on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Waterbending is pretty awesome! by far my favorite, kik!

and the misspelling of ballot (not ballet) is really bothering me <_<

Love, Peace, And a bag of weed :)

bodilanguage
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Everyone has topics you don't push Fabricati. Blatantly insulting weed in my threads is the same as going into a Christian's thread and blatantly insulting their religion, even when asked to stop. I simply won't sit back and take it, I won't let government misinformation, and straight up lies be spouted out as the truth in my presence. All I asked was Proto keep his bullshit out of my thread, but he refused, and I kicked him out. Its not like we were arguing over opinions either, I was presenting factual information, while he was presenting only his own opinion on things, which was formed with poor logic and no real reason other than 'weed is bad'.

On the the note of your trial period Fabricati, that was just because the first character sheet you submitted was not so excellent, to put it kindly, and I was slightly hesitant about accepting you, even with the much better profile you put up in its place. I wasn't going to kick you out for spelling and grammar, as you seemed to have a pretty good handle on it, and be putting effort in. I don't ask for perfection, but unless I'm strict, and attempt to enforce literacy requirements, I end up with hordes of 12 year old otakus. Over 15 character sheets were rejected from this RP, and only 5 let in, I'm picky, and I like things a certain way.

As for the game, I'm willing to keep it going with those who still want to play, losing characters actually just accelerates the plot, but I'm still not going to be able to post super frequently, my schedule is becoming increasingly busy. Most I can get up is probably a post a day at best, and a post every 3 days at worst.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:21 pm

*shrug* works for me.

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Mmm... No. Doesn't really do it for me. Have fun without me, and thanks anyway.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 pm

So, is this rp dead or what?

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Well, we're waiting on Gabriel, probably real life got in the way at the crisp and inopportune moment as it so often does...

Would anyone be interested in a private Avatar roleplay? I've just watched a few episodes I've never seen (the Boiling Rock and the one with the Sun Warriors being most memorable) and have some ideas flitting around in my head.

I'm tired of these roleplays always grinding, grinding, grinding to an inevitable halt. So if anyone has any ideas, toss me a PM? I actually wrote a short little memoir of a Fire Nation prison guard in charge of observing the ruined Azula... oddly reminiscent of a pan-asian Hannibal Lector sort of thing...

But I'm up for anything, pre or post canon, and I'm not the greatest fighter, make love not war :D. Hell, I'm the sort of person who's perfectly content roleplaying the daily life of people, which I know to the plot driven is just torture, but I'm open... just saying I'm open to anything in a million more ways than I need to.

I'll stop now.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Yeah, sorry guys, my best friend was in town for a week, this past week, so I've been spending every waking moment with him, and haven't really been online much. I'm probably going to be fairly busy like this, where I don't have much if any time to go online for another 3 or 4 days at least before my schedule slows down a bit. I'm really sorry about that, life is unpredictable, and there are only so many hours in the day.

If you guys would like to create your own Avatar RP, like you were talking about, I might be interested in joining, as it would take me far less time to keep up with an RP as a player than a GM, as I am fairly OCD about running my plots when I GM.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Designation Kik on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:17 pm

np take your time :)

Designation Kik
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!