Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Working for the Lemon

Working for the Lemon

a part of “Working for the Lemon”, a fictional universe by Bree Fletcher.

What is evil? Is it a man who rules his kingdom with an iron fist and won't hesitate to sacrifice any of his people to remain in power? See how much that definition holds up when you have to work for the guy...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Working for the Lemon”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Working for the Lemon

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 pm

Right, well. Good that we have who we have, because nimble people are nice... but dang it if I wasn't hoping for a strongman. Oh well, one or two more people of any type and I think we can get going...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:47 pm

QB: I love everything else, but I'd like a little more elaboration on the gnome part; nonhumans really aren't that easy to get in contact with. In fact, to most people they are myth, and little more. So I'd like to know a bit more about how she got a gnome-crafted crossbow sight.

Other than that, I suppose I'll get an opening post up tomorrow. Ihope you people don't mind starting in media res.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

In what now?
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 pm

In media res means in the middle of the action. I've been throwing around some ideas in my head, and this just seemed the most natural way to start and get everyone introduced to the setting, so long as you know how to hit the ground running and can pretend your characters have already had at least a cursory introduction to each other.

Oh, and I guess it should be noted that, even though I'm starting tomorrow, new characters can be easily assimilated.

And and, I'm kind of laughing at the concentration of females in what should you think would be considered a (not to be sexist, but it's true; this is something similar to the middle ages) predominantly-male outfit. Random observation; I don't mean anything by it.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Oh that's cool then. It seems to fit perfectly into this kinda storyline. Hero based stories always start from the beginning, everyone meeting up and setting out to fight some evil. With a kinda evil protagonist type story it just seems right to start from the middle. Hell. In most hero stories the guys are only just getting together to fight an existing evil thing that's been established for quite some time.

And lol at the female concentration. Its cool. I don't think anyone here cares too much hopefully. But yeah, nowadays if you say that freely you'd have people hounding at your ass. x.x

One thing I'd like to at least note: I dunno maybe it does make sense there are quite a few females. Whenever there's some evil king or ruler type they typically have quite a few females in their 'elite group'. You know, that group of 3-5 near to end bosses that are reaaally hard and typically something lame like "The Four Pillars" or "The Five Guardians". Usually half or a little less are girls. xD

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:53 pm

So I lied. I had a random bolt of inspiration, and was able to make the first post tonight. Maybe I'll have Tyro's intro done too by the time I go to sleep, maybe not, but everyone else is fine to start talking it up.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 am

You lied! xD Its cool. Question! What exactly is happening as of this moment in the rp? Just to get a clearer picture. If I don't get a response I'll just have my character ask.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:09 am

Wow...this has really picked up since I last checked in. I'll post ASAP.

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Is this message going to get through now? Why has this thing been giving me so many problems?

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Success! (Sorry, for some reason the quick reply box isn't working at all. I had to go into the full editor.)

Anyway, Tyro: Your last post contained some serious god-modding. You managed to get across about half the country ina few minutes? Look, I'm intentionally keeping the two storylines seperate for now, until the whole thing has been properly gotten into. I like that you're trying to take initiative, but also try to work within the framework I'm trying to set out, please?

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 pm

(Yeah, the quick reply box is bugged out.)

Anyway, I can easily explain the gnome crossbow sight: Say one of the eponymous race invents a device that allows him to hit far-away targets with a crossbow more reliably (which is what this does). Word spreads of the new invention, then everybody wants one. Eventually, word spreads to the human lands, and those with the wherewithal to reproduce the techniques used in its construction do so to make a killing in the market for themselves. While Shannon's model is a human knockoff of the genuine article, she still calls it that out of respect for the original creator of the system, though the intricacies of their language are lost on her.

Aside: I thought playing a non-human would open up a can of worms, but I had no idea about merely mentioning an accessory whose invention is attributed to a race of non-humans. Jeez. >_<

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Oh, I just don't like loose ends/unexplained things in my settings. It really jars me when that happens. But ja, your explanation is fine.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Posted a character, hope you like it. (its a guy, noticed you saying you were lacking in them) :)
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:20 pm

We've got pirates, assassin/thief types, and roughly a bunch of people who can use archer/hunter gear. Other than the leader as a heavy swordsman we dont have any other tank types. xD

Sounds good considering these are 'special forces'.

Also, can anyone reply to my character or so? I'm kinda waiting on a response if any.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Check again. Tarn did, some time back. I guess it's my fault; I always forget to post the name of the person I'm replying to... :S

(Oh, and could people remember to use the correct location when posting? Kind of a preemptive effort to remove possible confusion later. Thank you!)

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 pm

Oh, if you're waiting for a cue to post, Elloit, let's just say Hauclir's with Tarn and the girls there, somewhere. Probably easiest that way, ja?

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:53 am

Umm, no, I just happen to enjoy lie-ins. :P
Oh yeah, and sorry I forgot to change the location...I may end up doing that a lot....

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:23 am

Sorry for the 5 post!!!! I tried to edit them out, but it's broken! Please don't shoot me.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:11 pm

skulblaka sol makina wrote:Sorry for the 5 post!!!! I tried to edit them out, but it's broken! Please don't shoot me.

*Shoots*

... a rabbit.

*Glances around* What? I was hungry. Good eatin' on those things... Would I really hurt someone for something that's not their fault?

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Sorry about a lack of activity...still trying to figure out the tab system. From what I understand, all you have to do is read the activity tab to figure out what's happened recently, then add your own actions in much the same fashion as a message board? Sucks that that one guy got away, though...our goal is to bring 'em back alive, I suppose. (On the other hand, if that one guy ran into the woods, he's all mine. Shannon's skill set of hunting in the wilderness can be turned to becoming a hunter of more dangerous game.)

I may have been here 2 years and have a green beret, but I still have a lot to learn.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!