Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Working for the Lemon

Working for the Lemon

a part of “Working for the Lemon”, a fictional universe by Bree Fletcher.

What is evil? Is it a man who rules his kingdom with an iron fist and won't hesitate to sacrifice any of his people to remain in power? See how much that definition holds up when you have to work for the guy...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Working for the Lemon”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Working for the Lemon

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Well of course one got away. What kind of story would this be if it was as simple as that? :P Anyway, the activity tab is prett ymuch likea normal forum page, except the posts run from bottom to top, chronologically. Though I did just notice that the pages all seem to have the same posts, and there's no way to see ones previous to the ten most recent or so. I'll go take this up in the maintenance thread, it might be because of that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:51 pm

This is a long-standing bug with the activity tab, actually.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:24 pm

Yes, real opponents. *Wags finger* No killing them in a single post's worth of fighting, 'kay?

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 am

Extra sad face! Super-sudden-but-unforseeable-misfortune-activate! I have to leave for two months on business travel, starting today, and I won't be able to post. In the meantime, I leave my character to (insert name of interested party here). If necessary, you can brush Marie off to the side and I'll dust her off later, but it's up to you. Again, sorry everyonee!!

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Aw... alright then. I'll do what I normally do. Try to keep Marie around, and contributing, but not involved in anything major. I'll just make sure there's a light touch put on her, if that's okay.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:40 am

We appear to have one person, (the rebel leader) having been put in two different places, and I'm confused. On the one hand, RedRaine and myself have him landing on Hauclir, shouting at the peasants, running over to stab Shannon, and getting a knife in his hand.

Elloit seems to have him landing, shouting, and then turning around to attack Hauclir...

Does anyone actually read, or do they just skim the posts? We need to get this worked out somehow.

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Of course I read the posts! What's the point in writing my own if I haven't already read other people's!?
I'm sorry if I got it wrong, but I thought that when you said the ring leader turned to stab Shannon you meant Harry Shildin (the guy with the axes who was leading them at the beginning of the fight)?
I will re-write it if you want me to.
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bree Fletcher on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Shildin's on your side, buddy. Did I need to make that clearer?

Bree Fletcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:18 pm

Yeah, I'm skimming, but only because I've been sick. It's that time of year again. <<

Anyway, from what I read, there was one dude coming up behind Shannon only to get taken out by one of her comrades, so she focuses her attention on the guy strangling Hauclir. The logic behind my posts is that the peasants are trying to offset the frightening prowess of the Lemon Seeds with strength of numbers...in this way, it's easy to picture one guy circling behind Shannon for a donkey punch, only to have one of her fellow Seeds be watching her back and take out the threat, allowing her to focus on saving Hauclir's ass.

Sure, this makes for a more chaotic scene, but think of it in the sense of the classic kung-fu movies, where the hero is beset by numerous foes but comes out on top by dealing with individual opponents quickly and efficiently. Similar logic applies here: Outnumbered by the peasants, the Lemon Seeds have to focus on thinning the ranks of the rebels and watching out for each other.

EDIT: Because double posting is bad for the soul (as DraconicArcania would say), just thought I'd let you know that school is kicking my ass right now: Tomorrow's test covers implicit differentiation, curve sketching, and everything in between (except possibly Newton's Method for approximating a function's zeros, which is calculator-intensive).

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!