Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Singing: How do I use my diaphram?

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Singing: How do I use my diaphram?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surt on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 pm

I have no idea how to sing properly, how do I sing properly? I play guitar, and I sing quite loudly, I just want to know how to sing so that I don't wreck my voice, and any exercises I can do to increase my range. Thanks :D

(yes I realize that there is a similar thread to this, but it isn't the same)
Dom: You think they know what we're up to?
Marcus: Well we're certainly not here to sell cookies.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Surt
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Singing: How do I use my diaphram?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Penelopy on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Some people may think that you need a lot of support. You really don't. Having a lot of support basically means that you're continuously trying to control your air, in which you really can't. The thinking pattern of that way can be very damaging to your singing. You don't need a lot of support or air pressure, you just need the right amount of pressure. It's also remotely impossible to send the right amount of air, while thinking about it. Breathing exercises, are the best way. Start small, and then go a bit bigger. Basically taking baby steps.

I would suggest at least singing to a few of your favorite songs, and reading off the lyrics while you sing; so you know exactly where the commas are in the lyrics and you can match them.

<3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Penelopy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blond_queen13 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:33 pm

Well for me it took a long time, like *thinks* *bangs head to Country song (Backwoods Justin Moore)* it took me a few months. It should take a lot of practice, try singing for like 10minutes everyday and it should work...
'Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch'-Remember Me
It's hiding in the dark/ It's teeth are razor sharp/ There's no escape for me/ It wants my soul,/ It wants my heart/ No one can hear me scream"- Monster Skillet
When you look back over your shoulder/ At everything you've done/ Put the good in your pocket/ Let the bad ones make you strong- Chugging Along- Luke Bryan

blond_queen13
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderINK on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

The answer you really need here is to know the difference between a 'head voice' and chest voice. When MOST people since, they sing through their head or nose. It's very HARD to explain without example but you can google some articles about head voice and nasal voice. With most professional singing, the bulk should be 'chest voice', harnessing head or nasal voice only for effect or tonality you can only achieve that way, but otherwise STAYING AWAY from it. It's a big no no in choirs to use head voice, for instance. However, some singers access a falsetto with head voice (like Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria) for effect. Country singers tend to use chest voice a lot. Look up some articles about it and follow the steps they provide for accessing your chest voice.
•civilization begins with order, grows with liberty and dies with chaos

My Roleplays
Without Absolution- a civilization on the brink of destruction

UnderINK
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 pm

I can tell you what my voice teacher told me to do, so I learned to sing from my diaphram. It sounds silly, but it works.

Lay on the floor. Get comfortable, but lay on the floor. Practice singing while laying on the floor, and by practicing you'll learn how to do it pretty much instinctually. She told me, when I lay on the ground I automatically drew breath from my diaphram, rather than elsewhere.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!