Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

.hack//Reboot

.hack//Reboot

a part of “.hack//Reboot”, a fictional universe by CoffeeLorencia.

A spin-off of the .hack series. A programmer recreates the game years after The World was shut down. However, another system crash brings about another set of comatose victims. What happened to the so-called new and improved version of the game?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “.hack//Reboot”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] .hack//Reboot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoffeeLorencia on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:44 am

.hack//Reboot

Hello there! Thank you for expressing interest in this little RP. ♥

To go on with the specifics of our RP. At a certain point in the RP, a system shutdown caused by Morganna will occur. (will happen after everyone's first post) At this time, I need two boys and two girls who will become unable to log out of the game. Your bodies in real life will become comatose, understand? :D In your first post, I need you to mention that you will continue playing for at least a few more minutes

As for the other two boys and two girls, in your first posts, I'd like you to mention that you will not be playing any time soon, or you've just logged out. Make up an excuse, like, you need to cook dinner or do your homework.

So, I'd like you to mention which of the two groups you'd fall into, what gender, and what class you will be getting. I'm only accepting one person per class. Don't worry about me - I'll be playing Luke Farron, who will fall under a class all of his own as developer of the game. I am also accepting one more developer (who is a close coworker of Luke's), who can be either a girl or boy. However, you must discuss this with me through either here or PM, as I already have an idea of his personality and friendship dynamics with Luke.

Please enjoy your game! ♥

Classes
Archer
Priest
Mage
Summoner
Halberdier
Sword Master
Warrior
Rogue
Developer 1
Developer 2*

Male 1 - GamerX
Male 2 - Mr. Nice Guy
Female 1 - Hells13
Female 2 - CherrySwirl

LOG OUT
Male 1
Male 2
Female 1
Female 2

* - reserved
strike-through - taken
Last edited by CoffeeLorencia on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
lights_will_guide_you_home_and_ignite_your_bones
AND__ WILL_TRY_TO_FIX_YOU

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CoffeeLorencia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] .hack//Reboot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:07 am

OMG This is just too beautiful. I'm so in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoffeeLorencia on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:18 am

Squee! ♥ Thank you very much, I was worried no one would be interested. >A<

CoffeeLorencia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 am

This is so awesome! I love the series and I have always wanted to start one of these but wasn't sure anyone would be interested. I would like to be a rogue if that is okay. Also since I can play either gender (which is why I refuse to tell me RL gender) I'll ask this: Would you prefer me to have a male or female character? I will start on my character now as far as equipment and some of the basics of the personality along with some other genderless details until I get an answer. If you don't care I'll choose a male, but if you wish it I'll play a female.
Sincerely,
GamerX
I'm my own boss; I make money from doing whatever I want. I could be on here all day and night and still make money. Want to know how? Want in on this fun? Check out WorldVentures.biz and look through the 1: Life is a trip, 2: A life of adventure, and 3: Your journey awaits and watch the videos to find out how. If your interested and want to sign up let me know so I can give you my Sponsor ID that is needed when you click the 'Sign-up today' button in the top right corner of that page.

GamerX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

I've never really watched the series, but I have read about the basic idea of it, and like you I'm rather interested. If it really is ok to join without having any real knowledge of the series, then I'd like to join. If possible, I'd like to reserve the Summoner class. Given the choice, I'll make a boy. If it needs to be changed later, I can play a female, but I'm going to design the character as a boy to begin with.

Edit: Nevermind, I decided I don't really have the time to take on another RP. Sorry for wasting your time.
Last edited by SasoriRinku on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Mekaku City Actors anime coming soon! Brace yourselves!'

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Nice Guy on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:18 am

I've never heard of the original concept (save for the phrase .hack) and I'm rather interested. I see rogue is already taken o.o but I'm versatile. I was thinking of either a male sword master or a female priestess...let me know which you'd prefer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A joke is a very serious thing." - Winston Churchill

Inks, a Cyberpunk roleplay surrounding addiction to a drug that could take you to a place of dreams and fantasies...but what happens when that world begins to leak into the real one, its powerful denizens each with their own agenda? Interested? PM me, please.

Mr. Nice Guy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:29 am

Yay! Gamer X is joining!

@Nice guy: you should be male sword so I can be the priestess. XP lol

btw Miss Coffee you put so much work into it you just completely owned the idea and I like that. You made it so much more interesting.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Can I be a female Summoner who can't log out?
I've watched .hack//reboot a couple of times, finding it fun to watch since it primarily looked like a game :P

Hells13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:18 pm

I submitted my character as a male Rogue. If anything needs to be changed inform me and I will get to it. I named him Eric Zink and his username is HiredHand, more of a skiller/information guy than a fighter. I mean after all just about every MMORPG game has at least one or two and they typically tend to be a Rogue-like character. Also if it is okay I would like a character that can't seem to log out.

GamerX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 pm

I am interested! I love .hack. I want to be an evil character. If possible, Cubia's PC form! I love him. If not then that's okay. I would just prefer to be an evil character. If I can't then a normal one is fine!

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoffeeLorencia on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:13 pm

HOLYY HELL YOU'RE ALL ONLINE. NOW WHAT?

Sorry guys, just wanted to check in quickly - I'll answer your questions later, while consider your reservations valid in the meantime. Gotta go to school now. Thank you again for your lovely feedback~♥

I'll put off approving till I read the two who have submitted.

CoffeeLorencia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoffeeLorencia on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 am

Alright, reply post of doom.

I'll post up my character first, then please make any necessary adjustments to your character.
As a heads up to other people - I have a co-host in the RP, a person who thought of the idea of Luke trying to improve Morganna. I've yet to ask her what she wants though, so I'm putting off approving characters til I contact her. .A.;; Sorry guys.

@Gamer: Just read his sheet, sounds good, but for a minor detail. I don't mind the part that he beta tested, but I don't think Luke offers special positions for beta testers. 'n' The admins/moderators of Renatus all work in the company of Gameplay Corp.

@Mr Nice: Since Cherry seems to be interested in playing a Priest Class character, why not a male sword? :D I'll reserve it under your name in the meanwhile.

@Cherry: So you're reserving the Priestess? :3 Would that be log in or log out? I'm assuming you'll be making a female because you said priestess. |D

@Hell: Would you please expand on your character sheet? oAo;; I'd like to see more details if possible to get a good variance of characters. I don't mind that you can't log out however, so until you've adjusted your character sheet and I've approved it, consider the Summoner, Log In, Female reserved for you.
Oh, and .hack//Reboot's not an actual anime. |D

@Tabris: As much as I love Cubia too, I'm going to have to reject it. D: There no recurring characters from the original other than Morganna and Aura. However, you can play a bad guy. |D Morganna's Phases, perhaps? I'd honestly prefer that we filled in all normal characters before I approve others though. 'n'

CoffeeLorencia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:35 am

Well, I'll put my character on hold then. Of course I can make my own OC, I was just asking about Cubia. A phase would probably be the best option for me, it sort of depends what's happening in the story. I read the introduction and can't really see where to fit an evil character. But everyone needs at least one evil character. If you come up with a particular spot you need filling, then ask me. I don't really wanna do a good character for this RP. So until then, just pm me when/if you need an evil one. ^^

Black
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:49 am

lol, thats Tabris for you. BTW I just at this moment submitted my character. lol As for the log in/ log out thing, I'm torn. I kinda want my character to take part in what goes on outside the world, but I'm blindly in love with Tsukasa and his being stuck in the game situation. Would there be any possible situation outside the game where she could be apart as well as help drive the plot? If not I want to be one of the ones stuck in the game.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:51 pm

@CoffeeLorencia
I updated my character having taken out the offer part. I hope you don't mind the change. Otherwise I'll change it up again per your request.
Sincerely,
GamerX

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hells13 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 am

@CoffeeLaurencia

Updated my character too, and I meant .hack (It's been a long time since I watched it :X)

Hells13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoffeeLorencia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 am

I really should get started on that character app, but I'm too tired. u____u

@Tabris: Good to hear. ^u^ Just join in whenever you think the time is right for a badass. ;D

@Cherry: I 'unno yet about being able to move between them. .n. I guess we'll just see, alright?

@Gamer&Hells: Well, thank you both. ♥ Just checked out both of them - both are ready for approval. Actually, all three are. |D

CoffeeLorencia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 am

@Coffee: Are you sure there's nothing you want me to do differently with the profile? I don't mind redoing somethings.

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CoffeeLorencia on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 am

Nothing I see worth mentioning. I like continuously tweaking my characters, so might also be the case with you. |D Just do what you think is right. :3

CoffeeLorencia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 am

okie.^^

CherrySwirl
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!