Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

NaNoWriMo- Who's with me?!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

NaNoWriMo- Who's with me?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 am

Ladies and Gentlemen!

As November quickly approaches so does the time honored tradition of National Novel Writing Month, more fondly referred to as: NaNoWriMo.

1- For those of you unfamiliar with this event please have a look at their website (click me!) and see what they’re all about.

2- For those of you with attention spans not long enough to read all of that (which means this may not be the project for you) the gist is write a 50,000 word novel in the 30 days of November.

This will be the umpteenth year I’ve attempted this task and with any luck the first year I’ll successfully complete it. If you’re game join me! If you’re not please participate in the non-compulsory but greatly appreciated cheer team! Ra-ra-ra!

I’m looking for die hards here.
I’m looking for spirit, courage and inner strength.
I’m looking for the men and women of our generations to stand up, be proud and write, write, write!

Who’s with me?!
"Spartans! Prepare for glory!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Re: NaNoWriMo- Who's with me?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 am

Huzzah my third one and hopefully I will get my third 50k+ novella done.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 am

I only join the poetry one :P. The one in April XD.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Funny thing, there is already two threads on this topic itself, One of which is in the Writing subforum started by me. Why people do not search for posts is beyond me.
"What happens in Hyperspace stays in Hyperspace" ~ Cynthiana of House Kuat concerning her and her husband Radimus' 'training sessions'

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:13 am

As this is a project unrelated to Gateway it made sense in my mind to put it in the lobby. Writing native to the site belongs in the Writing forums, or so I've always believed. It's not that I didn't search, just wanted to make sure all passers by were aware of the project.

No disrespect or toe stepping intended.

:)

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:39 am

No need to be snippy, Skuld posted it in the proper space as it is not a gateway event. Placing it in the lobby as an advertisement of an up coming non-site event to alert those who do not look in the sub-forums is fine.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awinita on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:17 am

No offense was intended on my part either, I am for one, glad that others do NaNo as well, and naturally since it is writing, and the writing subforum is really just for writing projects and such, why not post in a thread already created ? Just wonderin' but hey, its good to leanr that others are also doing Nanowrimo, I'm doing it! Go ahead and buddy me and I'll buddy you back as soon as I am able :)

Awinita
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Storyteller Visual Appeal Person of Interest Tipworthy Beta Tester Lifegiver Property Buyer Bug Hunter Greeter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cienpher on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 am

I can't believe I didn't think to check if people are doing NaNo on RPG D:

I am determined to get to 50,000 this year! XD
~Cienpher~ GM of "That's Not an Omelette"

Cienpher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LSunday on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:14 pm

I am! I finished one year, failed the second, and this is my third. I usually do this and script frenzy (100 pages in a month. Really easy if you ask me...)

Here's to winning!

LSunday
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!