Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A tale of Alihen: the hunt for Drakahr's crystals!

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: A tale of Alihen: the hunt for Drakahr's crystals!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 am

It had been a long trip from Caratah, too long with the storm, the pirates, and if you belive the drunk guy even a kraken attack. But kraken or no the ship finally pulled into the grand harbor of Ursenseth City. The full moon cast everything in a bluish white hue masking the true beauty of the great city though in it's own way being beautiful to behold. The troll woman had never seen such a city before, she was lost in the sights and sounds peaceful and calm till it was broken by a shout.

"Get this damn beast off my ship now ya Troll!" yelled the captian a tall elf man.
"My name be Slukki fer da fifth time...and Dat be a Draptor.." the troll yelled back.
"It's a pain in the ass and so are ya damn Troll bitch!"

Slukki's eyes narrowed as a hand traced over one of her axes, but the looks of the crew made her stay her blade it was not a fight she could win and she had something to do...something she was already late for.
"ya be winning dis time elf" she said with a hiss.

Without another word the troll climbed on her mount and trotted off toward the grand city...

They city was empty save for the guards a few of which gave the troll an odd glance but did nothing to stop her. She passed one or two taverns bursting with the sounds of music and drunken bliss, but that was all that seemed to be awake under the pale moons glow. It was a relief to at last reach the castles gate and hear those famous words...

"Halt who goes there!?" asked the guard
"Just me Mon, I be needin to see da King mon. I be here to answer da call." Slukki answered.
The guard looked over the female troll and her mount before turning the other guard "Go send for the king. Tell him we got a late one.." As the other guard nodded and left the guard turned back to the troll. "Just wait here the king will send word shortly..."
Slukki just sighed and nodded all she could do now was wait...
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheJen. on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:00 pm

At the mention of the moon, Jovie quirked an eyebrow just so and gave it a sideways glance. Yes, it did look exceptional... for the moon. All big and bold in the darkness. Tonight would have been the best night to set sail, but moons that big often don't wane for at least a week, so she didn't worry. Ugh, but maybe there was something to worry about. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been on a boat. Maybe as a child to visit relatives off somewhere. Must not think about it or else she won't sleep right, and then everyone will be sorry for it in the morning.

There was a momentary pause of thought, her fingers drumming the goblet quietly.

And turning to Fergus, plaintively, "Would you happen to know where I could get my longsword whetted and the tang and pommel repaired? It makes a rattling noise, and the blade is all wonky..."

Vapid blinking. It's just, she's probably going to need it... You know... In case nothing goes in their favor somewhere along the lines.
"It's not something I want to worry about when we cast off, and you look like someone well-versed in weaponry."

She stood and made for her bunk, edging out the sword soundlessly from beneath and into the moonlit air where it shone with all its fingerprints, scratch marks, and pitiful glory. The leather pommel looked like it was gnawed professionally by a rat. True to her word, the hilt and the tang weren't very fit and the blade swung a bit back and forth with little effort. Jovie only felt and looked guilty because she may or may not have been practicing quite brutally on a man made from logs and hay that very morning. Eh, it was bound to happen eventually, right?

She placed it across the table and sat back down, across from him this time. Here, Jovie perched her head on her folded fingers and stared it up and down.

"What do you think?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheJen.
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 am

Boots kicked off haphazardly, and the suspenders of his trousers off, the oasis elf rested comfortably on a bedpost when he answered the girl's question. "Gave it a try once--" His expression visibly upset, before getting a quick stare from Seyke, which prompted his head to rise once more, as if revitalized. "Found it wasn't my thing, never looked back. Untat itself comes from a degradation of the old elf Untenta-- our merry folk at Kerthos have qualms with bigger names; ancestors believe bigger names bring complicated fates tied with them." Quite proud of his petty knowledge, the elf grinned and set the last javelin on the pile beside him, before making a vague wave to the skyseed, pointing at the javelins, and then lying down promptly beside them.

"Yer a love, Untat. G'night." She fiddled with a slinky cup that was nearly out of mead. "Ah... The moon... 'Ost ar neh lek', Her joyous giggle, a peculiar sound mixed in with a whistling, came out quite naturally after mentioning the phrase straight from a well known book of children stories. It translated in dragonkin to 'It is the eye', as several tales dub the sun and moon the eyes of the Great Drakahr, watching over Alihen.
"He is majestic indeed." The skyseed rose and walked to a window in the corner of the room, she opened it a fair deal and proceeded to stare into its blueish glow.

-Zzz... PFFFRRRBTH!- An aroma of rotten beef and mead past its prime began to waft in the air. Commander Rowan, no doubt enthralled by his dreams, had opted to treat everyone in the room to an orchestra of belly grumbling and bodily odors. Seyke giggled from her place, crouching to take a breath of fresh air from the gardens outside.

In the rest of the castle however, they were smelling the steel of armor, the calming scent of stone, and if keen enough, the scent of a new arrival. The guards had stopped the troll woman from going past the foyer. Not long after she'd requested speaking to the King, a young human girl, aged no older than 9, stood bravely in front of the new arrival. "Hi! I'm the Queen! How may I help you?" The guard's expression turned stale, as is the face of somebody that's seen a prank easily a hundred times.

Still, he was kind enough to give the child a few seconds of suspense before giving her a sign with a finger wag. "Just kidding! My name's Meredith! I can take your friend to the stable for him to eat and rest! Her voice loud and cheery, she met Slukki's eyes as if asking for permission.

Meanwhile, He smiled from afar, well knowing the young page enjoyed playing with strangers. Lord Urseb came down from the right staircase, dressed in some plain silk robes and cloth slippers: clearly he'd been sleeping prior to being called for. "My apologies, miss. Castle Ursenseth's pages have always been known for their playfulness." He stroked the girl's hair and incited her to leave the room. Act followed, his expression turned stoic, as if reprimanding the troll woman. "I've personally ensured announcements of the mission would arrive on time. A good four months were given to all to prepare and arrive. Why is it that you need four months and the better part of a day to do the same?" He'd been through much that day, and wasn't truly looking for an answer to the question. "Do not answer that. It is best for us to reach the crux of our business: you will be assigned to group Gelenor. Most of the castle's servants are at work or asleep. I trust you may make your way down the south halls on your own. Straight down the hall, miss." His outstretched palm pointed to the door far down.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Slukki had just hopped off of her mount when she heard a voice, "Hi! I'm the Queen! How may I help you?"

She looked down at the young human girl with a raised brow then looked to the gaurd to see him finger wagging the little girl. "Just kidding! My name's Meredith! I can take your friend to the stable for him to eat and rest!" said the girl.

Slukki just nodded and handed the reins of to Draptor to the girl but she barely had time for a simple nod of thanks before the king showed up. "My apologies, miss. Castle Ursenseth's pages have always been known for their playfulness." his face then turned cold it seemed to the troll as he spoke "I've personally ensured announcements of the mission would arrive on time. A good four months were given to all to prepare and arrive. Why is it that you need four months and the better part of a day to do the same?"

"Wasn't my fal..." Slukki started

"Do not answer that. It is best for us to reach the crux of our business: you will be assigned to group Gelenor. Most of the castle's servants are at work or asleep. I trust you may make your way down the south halls on your own. Straight down the hall, miss."

Slukki looked down the hall where the king pointed and nodded "Name's Slukki..." she said before walking off sure the king didn't care by now.

She walked down the hall with a raised brow for most of the trip looking at the pictures of half naked women and some fully naked. She was gald to finally reach the door to the Gelenor door. She opened the door slowly and looked at the odd collection of races some of which where odd to see together in the same room even the same nation even. Several where asleep including the orc who seemed to think the floor was better then a bed, other's where looking at weapons and then the bird lady staring out the window. She gave another glance over before speaking "Name's Slukki King be putting me with ya...Pleased to be meetin ya." she said before laying down on a bottom bunk she didn't sleep she just wanted to relax and brace her self for the flood of question she was sure was about to come from the others.

Butterfly Effect
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester Salesman

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!