Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Tea House Truce

The Tea House Truce

a part of “The Tea House Truce”, a fictional universe by ShyFox.

The Shimuzu, and the Kobayashi clans have fought for what seems like forever. Will a call for a truce, and an arranged marriage bring peace between the two families or will it be the final coup to finally take out the enemy. Open and Accepting!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Tea House Truce”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Tea House Truce

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:25 am

Alright, me too, am finished~ Yeah, hopefully, we'll have more peeps to get this started~
"Every mother on earth gave birth to a child. Except my mother: she gave birth to a legend. High five mom!" - lolsotrue.com
"Periods are ridiculous. I shouldn't be punished for not being pregnant," - lolsotrue.com
"Dear Life, when I said 'Can my life get any worse', it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge." - lolsotrue.com

REMEMBER: Facebook is not a FREAKIN' DIARY. Who the hell wants to know when you go to the fuckin' TOILET?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:27 am

May I please reserve Giesha 3???

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 pm

You sure can Miyer I'll reserve her for you.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Damn, I meant 2! Can you please change that >~< I only just realised my miss type just now! Sorry!!!

Miyer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 pm

It's okay Miyer it happens I'll fix that right now.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miyer on Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:35 am

Thank you!!! ^-^

Miyer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:52 am

I think I am going to drop this, sorry :/ I just don't have much inspiration for my character. I hope it all turns out well though!

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:27 pm

@ Sorella- Its okay Sorella I understand, it happens sometimes. Hope, whatever other rp's you're in goes well.

@ Miyer- She's great Miyer!, and she's approved.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Has this died before starting?
With the Regret of Ambition in my left hand and the Regret of War in my right I beseech thee, Goddess... Lead me to a Glorious Victory!! And see before you the True Incandescent Lion!!!!

Setsugie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:35 am

-_- I'd hate to call it dead... but I don't know. No one else is biting, and the fact that right after I made this one. Someone that tried to reserve here, turned around and made one in the same era, with a very similar story line, but with demons,and promising more death and fighting. Yeah... I dont know, Im just a little aggravated by it. But thats just the way go on here, people go "Oh I like that idea but I want to be something with ears a tail and OP powers. Cause being a samurai or a Geisha is soooo boring. So I'll make one of my own and try to make it sound original." -shrugs-

That RPGateway for you though. Even talked to this person about it, and their only response was "Oh me and a friend already had this idea long before, you made yours. And you're not the only one that's done the arranged marriage in feudal japan before."

Thats not the point, I know that, the point is that you just so happen to decide to put your's out there a day or two after I put mine up just cause mine wasn't finished when you wanted to reserve a character, and it clearly stated that it was WIP and not accepting when you did this. Its frustrating, makes me feel like some people just don't have any originality. I tried to make something, a little more historical, as opposed to your typical "Mythical" feudal Japan. But, thats not good enough. Oh well I guess I should get off my soap box and get over it.

Anyway, thanks you guys for trying and making such awesome characters, I know how it is when you get excited, and put allot of thought, creativity and work into a character. Only to have the GM disappear into thin air, and then you're just left with nothing but your character and a this itch to RP as said character. I've been there many times on this site, it happens more than me actually getting to play the character. I just want you guys to know that I really wanted this one to happen as much as you guys did. I'm gonna leave it be for now. I just don't know how I can get this started without, the Eldest Daughter or the other Samurai. If any of you have ides on how we might be able to make this RP still work out Im all ears.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:45 am

ShyFox...I can relate to your disappointment. Many are running to the fantasy corner. Now, what's Slice of Life is only some highschool roleplays, and honestly, I am fed up with those. So I really like to have some history in here with no fantasy~

Anyway... I may not have the best solution for this, so I just call it a suggestion:

- Make both the Clan Leaders NPCs. but add in the Sheet how the personality and their ulterior purposes are behind this arrangement are so everyone's playing them similarily.

- I can triple up and snatch the eldest daughter and Naoko's son away. Though you have to bear with long posts and less frequently.

- Someone has to play the other Samurai because it would be boring to talk with myself.

- Geisha 1 I think is less important, but I do want to have someone play Geisha 3.

Well... ideas and thoughts about it?

Finneline
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:36 am

I can play the others I have played more than 2 or 3 Chars at a time its very fun, for me at least :) I have no problems with it so I'm here to help, since I really like the idea behind this RP.

Setsugie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:52 pm

You guys are so awesome! I think you both have great ideas and Im so grateful that you're both so willing to help get this thing going.

* Making the head of the Clans NPC's I think is a great idea. I'll make up sheets for them and put them in a special section of the OOC for NPC's. And I'll probably just remove Geisha 1 unless someone really wants her.

* I was talking to my brother about the RP, who also roleplays on this site, and since the other rp that I made, who he is a part of is already running stale. He said he would be willing to play Naoko's son. So we have a person for that.

* @ Finneline if you want to play the Eldest Daughter that's fine, but with the addition of my brother you wont have to play Naoko's son.

* @ Setsugie that gives you an option of playing, The War hardened Samurai or Geisha 3, and I can take which ever you would rather not play.

You guys let me know if this sounds cool with you or whether I should tweak it a bit.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Well then Ill be taking the War hardened Samurai I already had a base for him since I was planing to make him if nobody took him. :)
And well I'm not that good with the Geisha 3's personality, I'd prefer the Geisha 1 but either one is fine I wouldn't mind ^^

Setsugie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:42 pm

To be honest, I love to play bitches (whoa, sorry for that "unpolite" word, but hell it's the truth) and I think some complications are needed... someone bad messes up things on purpose and forces the others to improvise because of certain troubles she caused... Well, if you (ShyFox) play Geisha 3 who hates your other character, it wouldn't make much sense, I guess. Let me try to send both the elder daughter and Geisha 3 sheets in and then it's your choice to accept them or not. Agree? =)

Setsugie, I am looking forward to some combat with your samurai actually~ Hope my wish comes true, even though it might entirely based on wanting to practice or sweet conflicts? =) Anyhow, my characters are probably going to be finished a bit later (in probably three, four days).

Finneline
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Thats sounds peachy guys, and take your time with the characters you make. I'm not gonna flip out if it takes a couple of days, since you guys are being so cool for doing this. Im gonna start working on sheets for the NPC's so I can understand it might taking a while.

@ Finneline, you can be Geisha 3 if you enjoy those types of characters. Im not really good at playing them so if you're up to it I'll gladly let you.

@ Setsugie War hardened Samurai it is, and if you really want to play Geisha 1 go ahead.

I look forward to seeing all of your characters, and once again grateful to you guys for helping out in order to make this RP happen. Kind of makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:29 am

ill have my chars ready in a few more days I got extreamely sick and can barely move from my bed im very sorry guys Ill see you soon :(

Setsugie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShyFox on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:49 am

No problem Setsugie it happens, take care of yourself and we'll see the characters when you're better.

ShyFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:10 am

Damn it. This week was too much for me, and then I couldn't access roleplaygateway when I actually had time to work on my characters... sorry about that ShyFox. I will try to get it done by tomorrow...

Oh, and belated valentine wishes! I ate lots of brownies~

Finneline
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:53 pm

I also couldn't access Rpgateway for a few days sorry but I will have my chars tomorrow, if not without a doubt by tuesday :)
and thanks shyfox

Setsugie
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!