Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Team Rocket: Resurgence

a part of “Team Rocket: Resurgence”, a fictional universe by Calais.

Ten years ago, a young trainer defeated Team Rocket, causing it to disband. Now, Team Rocket has resurfaced, gaining more power than before, and all Rika wanted to do was find her brother. What is Team Rockets connection to his disappearance?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Team Rocket: Resurgence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:54 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Team Rocket: Resurgence"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Calais
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: Team Rocket: Resurgence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hazardous on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:19 am

Hi there! I've been looking forward to a good, legitimate Pokemon RP for so, so long. Like. Just. So long. You're wonderful. Thank you for this. I'm just letting you know that I'll be submitting a character because I am way over interested in joining! My FC will be Jake English from Homestuck. Also, may I have a shiny Pokemon? It will be an Eevee.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hazardous
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 am

This looks exciting! I'll be sending in a character if you don't mind. As for a FC...I'll get back to you.

Edit
Right! I'll be using Aozaki Touko.
Last edited by afreerobin on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:57 am

Hey, can I try out for a spot? I'm relatively new to pokemon rps because well, I didn't really watch the anime. I think I know the basics though, so I'll just express my interest. My face claim will probably be Anguished One from Devil Survivor 2. Thank you!

Photoshop edit no. one. Thanks so much Xera!

moahi
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:54 am

Hello, this is me expressing interest in the RP. I really look forward to being part of a legitimate pokemon rp, I've been trying to find a good one for so long. Just. So long. Like wow.

I sounded a bit like X Ray there didn't I. Sorry.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:15 am

Ah, is it too late to submit a character? I participated in "A Girl and Her Magikarp" and I loved that roleplay to death. I'd like to reserve a spot here. I have a few good idea for characters, both protagonistic and antagonistic, but I'm not entirely sure which idea I want to use for sure. It all depends on what sort of relationships the other characters will be having to each other or to yours. I did have an idea for an antagonistic character that could possibly have some sort of relation to another character, either being childhood friends or family, if anybody is interested in planning something like that out?

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:54 am

I'd be interested if my character gets accepted.

Also after a rather traumatic trip through google trying to fing a gardevoir image of appropriate size, I've decided to give Fen a shuppet instead.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:57 am

Ah, if you're looking for pictures, I usually use this website; http://sprites.pokecheck.org/
It has all the sprites from Gen V down, although you'll have to look elsewhere for Gen VI (although, I believe I saw them somewhere).

Also, I might as well explain three of the ideas that I have.

The first one is a sort of 'Rocket Admin' sort of character, or at least a more powerful Rocket.He's got a special position in Team Rocket, 'head of secrecy', which is like 'head of security' but a little more sinister. Any mess Rockets make, he cleans up. Any loose ends that appear, he deals with. If anybody were to defect from Team Rocket or if anybody knew any sort of secrets about them, he'd make sure that they cease to exist. He's supposed to be a really scary sort of antagonist, even if he isn't the main one. Of course, one idea that I had would be that he may have some sort of family ties, like a son or daughter or something, and though he may not act like it, he would care for such a family, yet if family interferes with work, well, that will put him in an interesting and dangerous position.

The second idea isn't entirely developed yet, but it comes from my character from 'A Girl and Her Magikarp' It's a little silly, but basically, its a woman whom thinks she's a ghost. After what she assumed was her unfortunate death (possibly at the hands of Team Rocket, or at the hands of other people) she became a ghost, at least she believes she is. Whether she's a protagonist or a Rocket, I haven't entirely decided. The idea I had, however, would be that she may have had a childhood friend whom may be searching for her.

The third idea pretty much unites the two characters as being in relation with this one, although I could bend it around a bit. It certainly is one of my favorite characters to play in a Pokemon roleplay. This trainer is a very young one, a rookie in fact (perhaps she just became a trainer at the beginning of the roleplay) and yet, despite being (13-18) she's never dealt with Pokemon before. In fact, she rarely leaves her own house, thanks to a disease she's had since birth that makes her weak to sickness and intolerant toward intense physical activity. Also, because of how shut-in she is, she has a paranoia of having her personal space invaded and touching is off limits. One way that she overcomes her loneliness is that she writes to a pen pal whom lives in another region (she lives in Hoenn, her pen pal is likely in Kanto) whom is also a trainer, yet shares many common interests with her. However, at some point, her pen pal stops writing and as time goes by, this character gets increasingly upset, to the point where she resolves to become a trainer and look for her pen pal in Kanto. This pen pal may be dead or abducted by Team Rocket, yet it is also possible for another character to be the pen pal. Also, uniting this idea with the first idea, perhaps the first character I mentioned is actually her father. Of course, that would require me to play two characters and I'm not to sure if the GM would allow that or not, especially considering so many people are already reserving spots.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:03 am

Ah, perhaps I should have mentioned it, but characters were only going to be allowed to be former Team Rocket Members, meaning there wasn't going to be any playable roles in the current one. Though, those ideas all sound interesting, I would prefer it if they were not current members. That, however, is an interesting idea for a few NPC's that, if I accept a character from you, would be interesting to have. Also, because of the nature of this roleplay, I'd also prefer it if characters were at least 17+.

And really, there are no reservations. Anyone is able to apply. It all comes down to the characters, really.

Edit: Druid, if you are looking for images, I provided a link, in the rules, to Bulbapedia. It has all the pictures from each generation there.
Last edited by Calais on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calais
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 am

I finished my character. If anything needs changing, let me know.

druidquest
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:15 am

The images I used from Bulbapedia had broken links, sorry. I was searching for replacements.

druidquest
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Hello! I'd be hugely interested in joining if you'll have me.

I'd like to make a former Team Rocket member. I'm not completely decided on my character yet; I can play a male or female, depending on which would balance the roleplay better. Probably a rogue or antagonist type either way.
And I'm pretty sure that I'm only human;;
Then again I could be [W R O N G]

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Why not. I've never really done a RolePlay involving pokemon, so why not join this one! I shall bring my best team too!

Though a quick question that will affect my character,
Is it possible that there is a spy amongst the ranks of Rocket, to benefit the (For a lack of better terms) "Rebellion" against them?
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:38 pm

No, not really, Lufia.

There will be no playable characters in the new Team Rocket. I am only giving players the option to have been a part of the previous one. Trainers, otherwise, have to be able to travel in a group, and be within the same group. Perhaps, a long the way, the group will become somewhat like spies in Team Rocket, but that will not be until further into the story.

So that I do not have to repeat myself again, the new Team Rocket is NOT an option to be played. Previous Team Rocket members are okay, but new members are not. There is a reason why I am doing it this way.

Opera, you may play whatever you feel is best. I didn't put a gender balance for a reason :3

Calais
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:23 am

Hence why I asked before I started writing! But in all seriousness, I wish to join the roleplay, I've always wanted to beat a bigger badder Team Rocket. But, Okay! I shall get to writing (That is: If I am approved to join and all)

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:26 am

You are approved to make an application, if that is what you mean :3

Can't wait to see all of the characters. For those of you who are applying, remember you have a total of three days to complete your character, unless I am notified otherwise. I am still in the process of accepting applications, though, for others who are interested in joining as well, so there's that!

Calais
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby selonia on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:22 am

I wanna join so badly!!
I have never done a pokemon role play but it sounds like too much fun! I am a bit worried about how the battles will be done though. So I was wondering if you wouldn't mind explaining that a bit.
But I would be so happy to join!
As of face claim, I was thinking Karen Kujo decided on Chitoge Kirisaki. :k
Last edited by selonia on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

selonia
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:22 pm

As a heads up, I may take some extra time to make my character because I live in the northeast, and what do you know, another winter storm is coming my way, which will take me out of commission for a brief time, I thought I'd give you a heads up now before it hits.

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Could I have an extra 24 hours? I had three birthdays this week on the 18th today and the 24th. I'll have time tomorrow but today I have to do things for my dad.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:11 pm

I have both my male and female character profiles almost finished~ Just need the history for one and to collect the images for both.
My male FC is Gunji from Togainu no Chi and my female FC is Haruko from FLCL.

I'm still on the fence about which to play! They're both really fun characters. I'd reeeaaallyyy like an idea of the gender mix of the roleplay. I don't want to throw in another boy/girl if the whole roleplay is a pile of boys/girls...

Anyway, since I haven't decided yet, I can't really submit anything yet unless you just want to see both. But I have a party tonight, so either way my sheet won't be done until tomorrow if that's okay!

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!