Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Team Rocket: Resurgence

Team Rocket: Resurgence

a part of “Team Rocket: Resurgence”, a fictional universe by Calais.

Ten years ago, a young trainer defeated Team Rocket, causing it to disband. Now, Team Rocket has resurfaced, gaining more power than before, and all Rika wanted to do was find her brother. What is Team Rockets connection to his disappearance?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Team Rocket: Resurgence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Team Rocket: Resurgence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:57 pm

As much as I would like more time to work on my character, I'm finding it very difficult to think of an entirely new character that fits the required parameters and with enough picture to fit the profile skeleton or an appropriate appearance. I may have to consider dropping out if I can't get even a work-in-progress, unless I could possibly get a work-around or solution of some kind.

Well, I guess I only have one option. Anybody have any ideas for characters to take on roles in relation to their own? A character that would be in a position in one's intended story they have in mind for their own character that would be significant enough. Say, a good friend, a family member or an enemy?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:20 pm

I would be up for it Lyoyd. PM me?
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:30 pm

No worries to those of you who have asked for an extension. It shall be granted. Opera, again, it matters little which one. If you'd like you could submit both of them, and depending on the chosen outcome, and depending on what the balance is, I may or may not choose one of them. In other words, you may submit both, but there is still a chance that I might not accept them.

Not to say that they won't automatically, I am just saying that everyone has a 50/50 chance of being accepted, and not being accepted. Hence why I didn't put reservations up.

Calais
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Well, regardless of whether or not I get accepted into this roleplay, I'd like to introduce you all to a tool that will help us out greatly with our posts, especially for Pokemon battles. We used it back in 'A Girl and Her Magikarp' and it helped us out a lot, and not just for writing up posts. We could communicate with it, post announcements and organize all sorts of things. Of course, the original tool we used, RPG Write, is currently down, but I found another website that uses the exact same software. I've already set up a pad for the sake of demonstration (and perhaps usage) for this roleplay for anybody interested; https://www.piratepad.ca/p/Team_Rocket__Resurgence

Pokemon battles tend to be boring and consist of 20 short posts with no more than a short paragraph because, especially if a turn-based system is being used, it's pretty difficult to put a ton of detail into a single turn (unless you're a good writer, of course). With this tool, we can write much longer posts with much more detail in them, which really helps battles pass by a lot more quickly, instead of having to wait on two people to finish their twenty posts. With this, we can write much longer, more detailed and more complex Pokemon battles, especially those that involve a lot of dialogue. I can pull up a few examples of collaborative posts from 'A Girl and Her Magikarp' in the pad should you check it out as I tend to pop in there often if you wish to see examples of such battles. It certainly makes Double Battles a lot easier, no doubt about that.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Lloyd, I appreciate that, however; I already have things planned out to use on a titanpad. I was not going to set it up until all characters were chosen. I am still not going to put it up until all characters are chosen, but it's basically the same thing. Titan pad, I've found to be more reliable than either RPG's write and the piratepads.

Please do not get a head of the game. There are things already planned out for this RP which include the pads and other such necessities. It is, however, appreciated though.

Calais
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Alright then, my apologies. I only wished to assist this RP in whatever small way possible. Of course, I'm usually always thinking ahead of the game both because I'm impatient and I found it's pretty much a requirement to be a successful GM. Of course I, by no means, have any sort of authority here but I am currently co-GMing another roleplay and I guess I still have that cranky impatient GM mindset. GMing is pretty frustrating when your activity is waning and the creator is so incompetent, lol. I suppose with a small group of dedicated roleplayers, you may fare better.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:39 pm

Guys, hey, just a heads up. I am not sure if you are all aware of why there is a code in the sheet for your pokemon's names as FF0000 and 15155E. It is designed for the pokemon's gender, with FF0000 obviously being for the females and 15155E for males. For pokemon without a gender, you may simply use Gray or silver.

Calais
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Animality Opera on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:26 am

Fiiiinally decided between my two and submitted.

The sheet code, particularly the color codes, was coming out with a lot of errors, so I ended up having to clean some of it out. I don't know how you got it to work on yours, but anyway I hope that's not an issue. Most of the sheet is still the same.
I realize there's still a color code showing next to Hair, but there's nothing I can do about it unless I delete literally all of the remaining color codes in the sheet.

If there's anything about the character that may need editing, let me know.
And I'm pretty sure that I'm only human;;
Then again I could be [W R O N G]

Animality Opera
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:31 am

No worries, Opera. I'll go and fix that for you, actually so that it's not being wonky.

Calais
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby druidquest on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:15 am

Okay, NOW my character sheet is done.

Except... now the eye/hair parts are kind of bugging me.... no. No. I've given into compulsion enough already. I will ignore them.

druidquest
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Storyteller Novelist Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:22 am

Covering a base here. Noticed that Abilities are ditched from the Pokemon section. Any specific reason?
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:18 am

They weren't necessary. The Nature section of the sheet was just a way of knowing how your pokemon acts, not necessarily of how it affects their stats. There isn't going to be a leveling system per se. But anyways, everyone, you have until Monday to finish your character sheets. I'm giving you all this extension because of the fact that I have been busy at work the last few days and I am dead freakin tired. It won't relent any time soon, either... people have been in a weird set of mind because we are getting snow... I don't know. Anyways, extensions extended... or something to that affect.

I have a headache... going away now.

Calais
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:56 am

Mac will probably be finished by the time you end up reading this.

EDIT: I lied, but everything up to the History is done! (:

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calais on Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:41 pm

So, this was a little overdue but I am afraid this RP will not be taking place any time soon. I will be too busy to get things started, and they were unexpected. Sorry to all of you who were interested in joining, however; I must close this and save it for another time. I just don't have the time I thought I was going to have, so until then, ciao guys!

Calais
Member for 10 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!