Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Beautiful Times

Beautiful Times

a part of “Beautiful Times”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

A series of murders in Oakson, Virginia, puts the whole town on edge. But when the secrets of the victims are spilled, the teenage population becomes concerned that they're next. And there's no saying what some will do to keep their secrets...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Beautiful Times”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Beautiful Times

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:57 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Beautiful Times"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: Beautiful Times

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Hello! This RP seems interesting; I'd love to join!

Face claim: Ginny Gardner
Secret: Her personality definitely isn't the most pleasant (at all), but you can't deny that she can blow your mind. Her memory basically extends to everything she's seen in her life, and while she may not have soccer or speech-telling skills - or charisma, for that matter - she has those little unusual talents, such as being able to stop a bomb from detonating, or being able to figure out the precise details of a gun, or being able to read people down to their dirtiest secret (well, not that deep) and still be frighteningly accurate. Many can grudgingly admit that she's incredible in her own way - even if they hate her - but have you ever wondered, how? How can someone be able to read people - or objects - and be so spot-on? How can her mind run so quickly and efficiently? How can someone be skilled in the strangest areas and not have an obvious weakness? Well, unbeknownst to the world, she's a drug addict. Self-harmer. Doesn't eat nearly enough, and definitely not sleeping enough to be healthy. She's far from depressed, but she basically can't abstain herself from these bad habits. She can't stay away from the cocaine, or the nicotine. When she's angry, she stabs herself because she has a temper. She doesn't quite care about her body image enough to have anorexia, but she can't help the fact that she doesn't want to eat. She's good at keeping a straight face, but she's very close to breaking. While she may not admit it, she needs her semi-decent public image. If this secret gets out, she's doomed for life. And death.

(If that's too dramatic, I'd be happy to change it. And sorry for the long paragraph, I needed to add some backstory in xD Thank you!

P.S. Do you have a character sheet I could use? If you don't, it's fine; I have one at my disposal, although I usually like using the coding the GM may or may not provide for that particular RP. Thanks again!)
❝ Hell is empty and all the devils are here. ❞
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheNewb08 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 am

Hey! This roleplay sounds fun! I'd like to reserve two characters if I can.
Face claim: Joe Collier
Secret: He is the star of the school's swim team and is speculated to go to the Olympics. His secret is that he uses performance enhancement drugs to swim better. No one is aware and if his secret is found out, he'll lose his scholarship to a major university outside of Oakson.

Face Claim: Kristina Bazan
Secret: When she was fifteen, she had an affair with her mother's business partner who was twice her age. She ended up getting pregnant and her parents were very against abortion so they sent her to live with her father in New York, saying she was studying fashion since she had been begging to. She had the baby and her mother claimed they adopted the baby when it was actually her daughter's child. The child lives with them, calling his birth mother his sister and his grandmother mommy. No one is aware the child is MY CHARACTER's son. The father doesn't know about his son and the affair ended after she had the child. MY CHARACTER's parents have no idea who the father is. She said she had no idea and she was drunk at a party.
Let the rolepaying begin!

TheNewb08
Member for 7 years
Author Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am

Both of those reservations are perfect and accepted!

And if anyone wants a character sheet, here you go!

Code: Select all
[font=garamond][center][img]name[/img]
[img]image[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]"quote"[/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://placehold.it/500x300[/img][/left]
[left][size=150][color=#colour1]█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
[/size][/color][/left][right][size=150][color=#colour2]█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
[/size][/color][/right][left][size=120][color=transparent]█
█
█[/color][color=#colour2]
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
[/size][/color][/left][right][size=120][color=transparent]█
█
█[/color][color=#color1]
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
[/size][/color][/right][center][b]Name:[/b]
full name

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
sexuality

[/center] 

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]"quote."[/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img][/right]
[left][size=150][color=#color1]█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█[/size][/color][/left][right][size=150][color=#color2]█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
[/size][/color][/right]
[center][b]Appearance:[/b][/center]

[center]quote[/center]

[center][b]Secret:[/b][/center]

[center]A reasonable amount of detail. However, you can choose to elaborate more in the history if you'd like. [/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[left][img]http://placehold.it/500x200[/img]
[img]http://placehold.it/500x200[/img]
[img]http://placehold.it/500x200[/img]
[img]http://placehold.it/500x200[/img][/left]
[center][b]Personality:[/b][/center]

[center][b]Skills:[/b][/center]

[center][b]Oddities:[/b][/center]

[center][b]Likes:[/b][/center]

[center][b]Dislikes:[/b][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]quote[/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img][/right]
[center][b]History:[/b][/center][/font]

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:34 am

hi! I'd love to have a couple spots if you're interested in accepting them!

face claim: Sasha Kichigina
secret: she runs a number of fake profile on dubious dating sites, posing as underage teens or children, and collects info on the men that respond, and blackmails them. (oh, the irony!)

face claim: Vini Uehara (it took me 1.5 hours to find a face claim i s2g)
secret: he's under the witness protection programme following his testimony against a large scale gang in another state, effectively putting most of its members in jail.
Last edited by barnes on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Griffith on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:20 pm

This is some top quality rp material right here, I'm interested. Let me try my hands at this! *flexes writing muscles*

Face Claim: Otto Lotz

Secret:To others, he is the picture of perfection. Tall, smart and handsome, with a rich background to boot, if a little cold and off-putting, but that only added to his smoldering charm. He speaks little and interacts even less with his classmates, and even after four years together in high school no one can claim to truly know him as a person. He moves like a wraith through school hours and disappears just like one right after. People get curious as to where he goes or what he does after school, and there has been rumors- of course there will be, but for the most part they were polite enough to keep the discussion of earshot and under wraps.

Fortunately, few cared enough to actually tail him after school, and that was to his advantage. The others see him as this figure that is to be admired but not touched nor interacted with- they can look from afar, but none of them would actually dare to go upfront with him. That is all for the better, because he won't know how to deal with any questions that might ever be thrown his way. To say that his home life is a bit of a wreck would be an understatement. Within the walls of his home is a world of abuse and neglect, and two younger siblings that depended on him for protection and care. To the world his father is a businessman in his prime, his mother the ever-loving, beautiful wife. Only he bore witness to the arguments, the screaming matches and the fights, where furniture ends up getting smashed, dreams broke and hopes lost. He'd grown up in this environment where everyone tiptoed around each other until breaking point- an affair, a failed business trade, someone had one too many drinks to be had. Often him and his younger brother and sister will get caught up in the crossfire. He can defend himself- his siblings cannot. That is the only reason for him to return to the broken place he calls a home, albeit unwillingly, every day after school. He holds a lonely vigil over a doomed family that fell apart long ago, held together only by vestiges of love and illusions of hope that things might get better in the end.

Selfishly, he keeps silent on his tumultuous family life, if only to preserve his own dignity. He knows how the other people get bombarded with looks of pity and shallow sympathy, and he resents it. He'd rather they care less instead of having to care about him just because he had a 'sob story' and a pretty face. If he has to bear that burden and the guilt of keeping his siblings from a better life, then so be it.

(If I have to change anything let me know!!)
currently achieving 「īŊˆīŊ…īŊīŊ–īŊ…īŊŽã€

Griffith
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:18 pm

Oh, I like this:

FC: Andrew Garfield

Laidbacked, party animal, best friend you will ever have, etc. That is how Joshua Higgins likes to be seen as. He is the type of person who will sell you alcohol or marijuana for cash or a small favor and proceed to give you the night of your life doing crazy and often stupid shit. What people don't know is that he was molested as a kid by a family friend, a family friend who is now the school principal. He wants to graduate soon, but he knows he might be too fucked up to end up anywhere but prison for selling drugs or overdosed in a back alley.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flan2721 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:39 am

Sounds fun :)

FC: Dane Dehaan

Secret: Resident troublemaker, nihilist, and shameless attention seeker, a guy like this shouldn't even have anything hide, but he's trying to keep his latest stunt under wraps. He's currently having an affair with his classmate's mother. He's not sure whose mother it is as he never pays much attention to the people around him, but in a tiny town like Oakson, it's got to be someone close by.

flan2721
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chevin11 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:05 pm

I sub'd a half-done character :D woooo

chevin11
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!