Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Asphodel

Mentor Programme

a part of “Asphodel”, a fictional universe by partially-stars.

Asphodel is a place for everyone to find their feet here on RolePlayGateway. Whether you’re new to the site, looking to make new friends, want to develop your writing skills, or want to help others do any of the above, this is the place for you!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Asphodel”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Mentor Programme

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:05 pm

We are currently looking for mentors to help out newcomers! If you're interested, post a short little description about yourself, whether or not you want one or several buddies, and whether or not you want to help people get to grips with RPG or develop their writing! You can PM me with any questions you may have before signing up.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Re: Mentor Programme

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phosphene on Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:46 pm

Hi, I’m phosphene.

A little about me: I’ve been roleplaying for about fourteen years now, with most of that being character driven stories, rather than plot-based. I love to make and develop characters, and that’s part of what I find appealing about online long-form roleplaying. I really enjoy writing stories with strong relationships between characters, whether that be romantic, platonic, or antagonistic- I love it all!

I really love fantasy, sci-fi, and slice of life stories. I like high and low fantasy; both modern and “classic” medieval style stories. In sci-fi, I really like when there’s robots and not too much focus on whether or not the science is actually possible. I like writing period pieces so long as you’re not overly picky on historical accuracy (I try to be accurate, but sometimes strict historical accuracy gets in the way of enjoying the story). I typically like original stories, but there are some fandoms I feel knowledgeable enough about to be able to write them:

-Star Wars
-Star Trek
-Marvel Comics (I've seen most of the movies, as well)
-DC Comics (Again, I've seen most- but not all- of the movies at least once)
-Dragon Age

I also know quite a bit about Greek and Roman mythology, which I know is a popular rp “theme,” but it felt weird to list that out with fandoms.

Having said all of this: I’m willing to show you the ropes, help you with your writing, or really generally help with any aspect of roleplaying that I can. I’m here to help, and I’m here for you. Right now, I’m able to take on one or two buddies at a time. If you like a fandom I haven’t listed and you want to work with me, feel free to ask me about it. I know a little about a lot of different fandoms, and I might be able to make something work.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Things are only impossible until they're not.
tumblr | Pinterest

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

phosphene
Member for 5 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Author Tipworthy Conversationalist Promethean Inspiration Greeter Novelist Concierge Giver World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am

Hello, I'm Mombie.

I've been roleplaying for about 21 years on every platform imaginable from chatrooms to forums to MMO RPGs. Forum roleplay, however, is my real joy. Especially now as I get older and my responsibilities grow.

I can adapt to just about any genre of RP from anime to real-life or fanfic. My real passion is something dark and gritty; preferably Supernatural in any time setting. I love, love, love historic time-pieces devoid of high fantasy or supernatural elements, but I can play in just about anything.

I have roleplayed most in the following:
--Six years of Star Wars the Old Republic (I do NOT prefer to roleplay in time periods after that. Sorry.)
--Three Years Elder Scrolls
--10 years in World of Darkness Table Top (adopted a more loose forum RP form)
--Marvel Comics (I have not seen many of the movies, but I prefer the comic book versions)
--Low & High Fantasy Time Period Pieces
--Supernatural
--Anime Fandom RP
--Slice of Life (think more along the lines of K-Drama-esque stories)
--Like Phosphene, I also prefer original stories - but I am a huge fan of cliches.

I believe that I can offer new roleplayers the following:
--Character Building
--Character Relationship Building
--Expanding Writing (for those looking to develop a lengthier writing skill)
--Dynamic Story Writing (or what I call "going with the flow/winging it")

I am happy to help with anything, though! While I tend to write 1000+ word posts, I have always been able to adapt to my writing partner - no matter the length or experience of the writer. I find that new roleplayers can find certain types of RPers intimidating, but I am here to tell you that we have ALL BEEN THERE IN WHATEVER PLACE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW, and we have all grown by writing with people that have more experience than us. Most roleplayers are happy to help new folks, and I am more than happy to do so as well. I have helped a great number of people throughout my MMO Roleplay experience, and many of them have become some of my best writing partners.

I can take on one or two mentees. Just send me a PM!

Don't be afraid! Let's get to writing.
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:49 am

Hi there, my name is partially-stars. I'm 23, and have been roleplaying for over 10 years at this point! I adore creating characters and getting to develop them through stories, and always prefer character-driven stories to overly plot heavy stories.

I like anything that has potential for interesting and unusual characters, but especially anything with it's roots in modern or futuristic fantasy or Greek mythology! I'm really down for anything and am quite open minded.

In terms of advice, I can offer advice on how to start and run an RP, how to build character sheets (both in terms of design and building a character itself), how to use the site and find RPs, and how to develop your characters. Let me know if this catches your attention!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!