Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Introduction of an Internet Addict

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Introduction of an Internet Addict

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navidia on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:11 am

Hello, my name is Dominque, but most people online call me Niki, Riley, Navi, Tampon (<---ask and I shall tell).

I'm 23 years old and have been role-playing for a little over 8 years (crap! I had to edit this, I accidently put "a" year instead of "8 years"). My mom wouldn't let me use the internet until after I was about 14 and even then I had to walk 3 miles to get to a library because she didn't believe in the internet, otherwise, I probably would have started role-playing much earlier in my life.

But this didn't stop me from jotting short stories down on a piece of paper that I had handy when I got bored with the real world....something that seems to happen more often as I get older.

I currently attend college, English major. All my courses are online so far, but I do work on the campus in the Language Lab (It's a computer room that students are allowed to use that are taking a language course, we loan the audio cd's and dvd's and things like that to help them practice on their free time.) It's an easy job, and allows me to have access to the internet, so I will be doing most of my posts from this location. (I'm currently at work. And for it to be the start of the semester it's pretty slow, the only question I've gotten so far was "How do I open Microsoft Word 2007?")

I will almost exclusively role-play a male character, even though I am female, I am a tom-boy and I like to play what fits me the most in real life. I've played various ages/races/places/times/genders etc. And I like to think I've gotten pretty good at it.

I promise that I won't intentionally leave anyone hanging on a post if I happen to join a role-play. But I will stop posting after I leave work. Like I said, I take online classes, my house is very loud so it is difficult to focus on coming up with a good role-play reply when I'm there, but there will be those occasions when I am able to. (Someone just asked me "How do I print my document?"....it's frustrating.)

Anyway, this introduction is entirely too long, I don't know if anyone will read it all, but if you do, please please please post at least something in response.
:D
Last edited by Navidia on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on Skype : raynetree

"We can not expect people to act the way we want them to act when we nedd them to act that way." - Self

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Navidia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Introduction of an Internet Addict

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alishna on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 am

Welcome,I did read it all.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alishna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 am

I read it all! It wasn't too long at all. I just want to say welcome and maybe I'd write more (maybe) but I have to go to my own job, which sadly does not have a computer ... as I work in a deli.

But Welcome!

:]

iamsheena
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navidia on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks Alishna

And iamsheena, I would love to work in a deli, I love sandwhiches! One of my favorite foods because they are easy to make and there are tons of different kinds.....now I want Subway, so not right.

Navidia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:24 am

Hey there, great introduction to the site. I'm glad to have you with us ^^. Should you need help, or any sort of assistance, please do not hesitate to send a message my way!

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby raghim on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:30 am

hello, well rp'ing for a year, more or less, I'm anxious to see what all you come up with ^w^ I'm sorry your household is such a pain to do any writing in. but I figure with all your writing, anybody would be plenty content (and maybe anxious) waiting on a reply from ya'. Anyway I hope you like it here ^w6

raghim
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navidia on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 am

I'm a member of an online, and I posted asking if anyone knew any really cool and chill places to role-play and they gave me this sites link. (After I had an argument with some guy about the differences between and RP and a RPG) So I am super happy to be here and I hope that I can start a role-play that everyone enjoys, and I hope to be a member that everyone can get along with!

Navidia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Hail and welcome to the gateway
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Hey! Welcome. I do have a question. Why do people online call you Tampon xD (you said ask and you'll tell.)
Image Image Image Image<---poke them pwease! especially the black and blue ones.

Why do people kill people for killing others to show people that killing is wrong?

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navidia on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Well, I play a game called FOrsakenRO, and my characters name in game is CHocolate Coated Tampon. So instead of saying the entire thing, they just call me Tampon. :lol:

Navidia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Ha that's funny. why'd you name your character that?

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navidia on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 pm

Well, it makes me stand out in a server full or princesses and queens. 8)

Navidia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:21 pm

Welcome, Dominique! (I don't do nicknames once I know a person's real name; especially because you are you, not your characters, and I want to know you. ;3) My name's Monica, by the way.

I am so sorry that right before you joined, a mod (of all people) went and posted a "Should one-on-one RP be allowed in forums? I don't think so!" thread. How disheartening and unwelcoming. Well, for the time being they are very much allowed, so don't feel discouraged! Also, a heads up, I love one-on-one and would be more than happy to RP some stuff in IMs or somethin' in the future.

Wish you the best of luck in your RP here. :3
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrWarehouse on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:28 am

Welcome to my world, mwahaha!

Well, not really, but I'm still sort of green to the site, but I've been warming up to you.

Check out all the different RPs, and I'm sure you'll have a blast. I sure do.
What is life, really?

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/don-let-the-stars-suck-you-ooc-t36065.html I need RPers! I don't bite. I promise!

MrWarehouse
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!