Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shared Delusions

Shared Delusions ~ Main OOC

a part of “Shared Delusions”, a fictional universe by Klockwork0reo.

A lonely memory is an incomplete one. An experience unshared is imperfect. Embrace the madness of community.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shared Delusions”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shared Delusions ~ Main OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat May 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Shared Delusions"

How is everyone? I'm excited to see you all. Requisition characters, or simply chat to others in this tab.

I'll also make announcements relevant to everyone in this tab. This is also a nice place to reach me with additional questions about the RP and absences. Basically, if you are confused about anything, ask away here.
"In breaking news, the Sky. The Earth.

Life.

Existence as an unchanging plane with horizons of birth and death in faint distance. There is nothing to speak about.

There never was."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Shared Delusions ~ Main OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sat May 27, 2017 4:21 pm

This seems like such an interesting roleplay! The whole premise might have just persuaded me to make a character. The whole idea of characters being basically glorified lab rats has really caught my interest especially when the Brink clinic is seen as a refuge for those who are suffering with mental disorders.

I was thinking of making a character who suffers from Depersonalization Disorder. I'll probably hash out more details of the character soon when I have time to sit down at my laptop and really think.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spacedxst
Member for 7 years
Promethean Friendly Beginnings Author Inspiration World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat May 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Keep me updated on the progress of your character. I'd certainly love to have some friends in this.

If there's anything you need in the development of your character, let me know!

In other news, I plan on having one of my friends, (who helped me iron out the details of this idea), and hopefully an old RPer I know come in and give us a hand with this.

Once the actual RP begins, I plan on checking these pages roughly every Tuesday and Friday, barring issues.
Last edited by Klockwork0reo on Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sat May 27, 2017 4:36 pm

I'll try my best to keep you up to date! Possibly I'll have a little wip later as soon as I get a couple of post-it-notes on the character written down.

I'll keep you updated if there's anything major that i'd need to bounce some ideas around for.

It's ggood to hear that there are already a couple of candidates for the RP!

spacedxst
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sambea on Sat May 27, 2017 5:36 pm

I really love the aspect of this roleplay. At first I was a bit turned off by the writing rules, BUT when I thought about it more I find it will actually put a fire under people's butts to strive to do better. So I will be making a character with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), if you don't mind?

Sambea
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist World Builder Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman Greeter Tipworthy Property Buyer Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sat May 27, 2017 5:50 pm

I know the rules are strict. The only reason they are though, is due to a few other Rp's with... let's say lax rules and moderation that have failed quickly. Hopefully it'll keep them going. (And remember that should you need a break for personal life, you can let me know).

As for that, I certainly wouldn't.

Though that means I wouldn't like to see too many OTHERS with any dissociative personality disorders. There's so many other fun ones to try and write!

As usual, keep me posted.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spacedxst on Sun May 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Finally getting a chance to start typing up my CS. It's quite fun to do a CS with an impersonal and observational tone for once. I should have it done completely in a bit.

My character has general anxiety disorder and depersonalisation disorder, making him a little bit more withdrawn. I'm almost done with the finer character points so it shouldn't take too long, here's hoping.

spacedxst
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Sun May 28, 2017 3:43 pm

I am interested, ill be putting up a character soon.
Namaste: I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty & peace within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, We are one.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sambea on Sun May 28, 2017 4:12 pm

I have a couple questions.

1. For residence, do you want us to put Brink's Care or where they were previously?
2. For former occupation, do you want us to leave it like that or actually put their former occupation.
3. Lastly, do you want us to keep the dialogue and thought code plain or with the actual color?

Thanks for your time!

Sambea
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist World Builder Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman Greeter Tipworthy Property Buyer Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sun May 28, 2017 6:45 pm

I'll gladly clear those up. Sorry for my lack of clarity in the posts and CS.

But I'll answer them in reverse order.

3. I'd love to see some color! The only thing I'd hope to see is color variation between people. I don't wish to see three different reds.

2. The "[Redacted]" Is a left-over from my own copy. I must have forgotten to get rid of it. I'll fix the CS on the intro page shortly. In other words, yes, get rid of it.

1. Residence was meant to be "Former Residence" as well, to go along with occupation. Another left-over from my "master" copy. Also, I will be adding a list below that one, that shows whether they are housed inside their actual clinic, or whether they are permitted to own a home elsewhere, (and where that home is too).

Apologies for causing confusion. I'll fix the CS right away, then get to fixing up my own Characters.

EDIT: I've noticed that the images fail to state what size they should be. I'll clean it up and give that a bit more direction as well. Sorry if I've ruined any of your awesome picture selections!

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sun May 28, 2017 7:34 pm

A couple announcements:

Character sheet has been fixed & trimmed to better fit the clinical nature. Apologies again for my sloppiness with the CS. I'm still horrid with this site's coding.

I've also updated and edited the "Characterization and Regulations" part of the introduction. I'll repost and highlight my edits so you don't have to search in the darkness for them. I understand I kinda wrote a wall for this RP.

Klockwork0reo wrote:Characters that are patients under the program will require one mental illness. The main of which being depression. Anything else, be it Antisocial personality disorder, Dissociative Identity disorder, or even general Anxiety will be accepted and treated under the program. Violence is allowed. This is still a functioning society, so there will be obvious consequences for attempted murder, suicide, or anything else. Please do not be overly graphic when describing scenes of violence. Describe what is necessary, useless gore and grotesque imagery is both rude and unwanted. Sexual actions however, are prohibited. If you and another RPer agree that your characters are having sexual relations, then take it elsewhere, and only allude to it here.

As far as posting goes, I'd like to see roughly 300 word posts about once or twice a week. Posts will be narrative-style, in the third-person. That means if we were to print these pages, it would read like a book. Mistakes are understandable, but please proofread your work before posting. Collaborative posts are allowed, and are counted as a post for all participants. Collaborative posts must still meet the 300 word limit. To collab a post, simply talk with the other person and agree on a format, a medium, and poster. I prefer to use Google Docs, but there are other methods online. While I want the CS to be in a clinical tone, I'd like the writing to remain creative and in whatever tone you naturally write in. If you're skilled enough, attempt to write the story in a tone that matches the outlook of your character(s).

I'm willing to bend on the posting requirements,
based on the flow. . .

Also remember that while I often sound like a dictator, (sorry if I'm too bossy), I'm willing to listen to criticism and comments about anything that I've made on this page. If you think I'm deflecting potential takers with my vague narrative at the beginning, or you simply like the overall idea, let me know! I run this thing based on your guys' feedback.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Sun May 28, 2017 11:58 pm

Does anyone know of a way to delete unwanted topics? One of my friends, (who is new to the site), accidentally created two new topics on the OOC tab.

EDIT: Due to current character composition, I will not be accepting any more females or those with Dissociative disorders.

Sorry!

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LexiFae on Mon May 29, 2017 11:27 pm

So I hope I finally found the right place to put this. I am Lexi and my character is Raven. The bio should be up and it should be okay now. If you have any questions or comments on me or my character ask I guess.
Happiness is useless without sorrow, and comfort is useless without discomfort. Now take this in and understand, your story is beautiful, no matter what it says.

LexiFae
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue May 30, 2017 3:14 am

Hi there!
Taken a look and I think I've got some ideas I could implement for this without too much difficulty.
(Provided you don't mind me being trashy and repurposing some older characters for this, haha.)

EDIT: Hmm on reflection having seen the edit, I think I'm gonna give it a miss. I had a middle-aged female character in mind that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense with the gender swapped over, as the theme of a maternal bond is kind of a big deal in the background I was thinking up. So I think probably better to back out than risk submitting anything half-assed.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 am

I noticed you said no more female characters. Let me know if anyone falls through because I am interested. However I prefer to stick with my gender. :]
Last edited by emotionless on Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

emotionless
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby scoundrelboots on Tue May 30, 2017 8:38 am

Hello! I bumped into this roleplay, and I really like the concept. It's hard to find plots that take a realistic view of mental illness.

If possible, I would like to play a veteran in his late 40s with PTSD and major depressive disorder, with substance abuse issues.

scoundrelboots
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Donated! Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Tue May 30, 2017 7:53 pm

@emotionless ~ There seems to be one less female than I thought there was. For some reason I had considered all the submissions so far female, but, this is violently untrue. I'm assuming I was somehow taking Chevelle's alters as their own characters. Either way, I'll allow another female. But I'd like to see at least a few male patients as well.

@scoundrelboots ~ I appreciate the nod towards realism. This was borne outta the downtime created when I finished my Psychology class wildly early, so I had nowhere else to put that knowledge. Either way, consider your idea accepted. I'd love to see an older male in this mix.

@ EVERYONE ~ I somehow forgot to mention this... I'd like to be organizing the patients into three "phases" or groups. Basically, each phase would receive an altered version of the drugs being tested. The first phase is the oldest, and therefore have been there the longest. As a direct result, they are comfortable with the routines and rules of the program, and have begun to notice the cracks at the edges. Phase two would have just started to become familiar with the staff and the building, but still sort of unused to the odd secrecy surrounding everything. They might smell something fishy, but simply won't have enough experience to lay any true claims. The third phase would be the newest, and have JUST been admitted into the program. As in, the final person would have been admitted only a couple of days before the beginning of the RP.

The groups don't mean that everyone in one group started the same day, but it does mean that they will likely have similarities in symptoms or disorders. (To better test effects of a drug). I'd like to try and spread things out evenly here, but I'll take feedback and volunteers.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emotionless on Wed May 31, 2017 8:14 am

I don't mind making my female one of the older patients so to speak though she will be around 23. She could have been dumped off by her family at like 12 if you would like. I will work on my character tonight. I'm sorry about the delay. I scrapped my previous work thinking there was not room for me. Lol. I'll re work my character tonight.

emotionless
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LexiFae on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Okay, guys so I had an idea for a second character that I may bring in some time if you guys like it. My character will be a boy named Andrew (I haven't thought of a good last name so Smith is what it will be unless I get a better idea). He is 17 years old and has Bulimia. I can give you guys a look at what his character sheet would look like if you like the idea and want to know more. Tell me what you think.
Thanks, guys!

LexiFae
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klockwork0reo on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:42 pm

@emotionless ~ Just to be sure, you're fine with making your character in the oldest group, right? (And sorry I made you redo all your work!)

@ LexiFae ~ I like the idea, as eating disorders haven't really been covered yet. Though, I must admit to my own dislike for graphic vore/gore/bile as I just simply can't stomach, stomach-talk. I know, I'm weird. So, I only ask that you please be curt with your scenes of the "purging" part of bulimia.

I'd love to get this thing started as soon as our pending character sheets come in. That is, unless anyone happens by and decides they'd also be interested. But with the RP falling off the front page, it seems unlikely. Though, I'd like to have clear understanding where everyone falls in each group, so once characters are all up, and you guys are figuring out relationships, (keep in mind, anyone not in the third Phase will already know the others of the first and second phases), I'll be trying to order you all into nice little groups for. . . experimentation.

Klockwork0reo
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!