Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Storybook: A Grimm World

a part of “Storybook: A Grimm World”, a fictional universe by mombie.

(CLOSED TO CS FOR THE TIME BEING) A curse vanquished all fairy-tale creatures from their enchanted realm, and they were banished to Essex, Connecticut with no memory of what happened. That all changes today, for the world of fairytales has awakened in everyone.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Storybook: A Grimm World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:16 pm

Hola!

Welcome back to my second attempt to get this story going. The new Discord is: https://discord.gg/wPrENh59py

If you are a returning player, just resubmit your CS. There is no need for you to reserve.

If you are a new player, please reserve a character! I am on regularly, so I will get to you ASAP.

If you just want to inquire, visit the Discord.

Here's to hoping that I can do a lot better the second time around!
M•O•M•B•I•E
Kids. Roleplay. School. Work.

Stay away from negative people,
they have a problem for every solution.
--Albert Einstein

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
If it doesn't open,
it is not your door.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Re: Storybook: A Grimm World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:11 pm

I guess I should put this here for the general public. But I'm going to be playing Gaston. I'm just currently trying to figure out my FC and what not. So I'll update this reservation once I have the details figured out.

As the intro says, I'm also playing the White Swan Princess and the Black Swan Princess, along with Robin Hood. :D

edit :

Imageadrien duval

fairytale
hexcode
gaston
henry cavill
#960f16
Image Image
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:44 am

Hello! I'd love to reserve a character (and probably a couple more after a bit more thought!)Image
name: Lene Park
fairytale the Snow Queen (or Hilarion from Giselle, I'm kind of going back and forth at the moment, haha)
age 30
faceclaim shin hye-sun
hexcode #D9CCFE
Last edited by rubytuesday on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:25 am

Go ahead! You can use whatever CS you'd like.

RP Question: Will she be a hero or a villain?

Also, curious - have you seen Mr. Queen? I'm an avid K-drama watcher, and Shin plays the Queen. It was, by far, the funniest kdrama ever.

mombie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Greeter Novelist Inspiration Concierge World Builder Builder Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EsmeBheart on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:27 pm

If possible i would love to reserve Rapunzel for a hero (and likely another one soon!)

name: Elena Lux.
fairytale: Rapunzel
fc: Lalisa Manoban
hex: #D89C0F
Last edited by EsmeBheart on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EsmeBheart
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Author Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:01 pm

Thank you! And I think she'll be a villain, but a pretty morally grey one. Far from evil, and definitely with a lot of room for redemption (I was actually initially going to make her the Beast before I realised that character was already taken, so I'm going for a similar characterisation with the necessary changes to fit the new character :)).

And omg yes, Mr Queen was so funny, holy shit, though the ending left me a little peeved (just make it gay, you cowards!). But yeah, that and Waikiki are probably the funniest kdramas I have ever seen, which funnily enough both star Kim Jung-Hyun. Go figure.

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:53 pm

Oh man, I have Waikiki on the watchlist whenever I get through my current list. I also agree with you on Mr. Queen! The ending was a little irritating. It left me just as wanting as Scarlet Heart Ryeo at the end. The Time-Traveling period dramas often do that, unfortunately.

Also, Esme, your character is reserved.

I will be sticking up some CS that is optional for use.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EsmeBheart on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:45 pm

If Ursula is still open I'd love to reserve them as a villain
name: Bermuda Siren
fairytale: Ursula
fc: Latrice Royale
hex: #5C305E

also an update to Elena Lux shes gonna be 28!

EsmeBheart
Member for 3 years
Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Author Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimm_MD on Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:54 pm

How could I say no to a RP with my name in it? Character will be based on the Huntsman from Snow White, who is neither a hero or villain but would probably be a hero between the two.

NAME: John Waldmann xix
FAIRYTALE: Huntsman xiix
FC: Jeffery Dean Morgan x
HEX: #27352C xxxxxxxiiiiix

Grimm_MD
Member for 3 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Author

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is hot xD

edit : Grimm, mombie told me to tell you that you're accepted. She's just busy right now.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Streamwatcher World Builder Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver Group Theory Giver Arc Warden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:17 am

Hello! I am closing Reservations for Villains. We can make more down the line, but for aesthetics sakes and the balance of my poor out-of-whack homepage, we need a hero or two more!

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 pm

grayson hughes a.k.a. robin hood is officially done! I also changed his hex to #99bfaa fyi.

I'm also going to... unofficially reserve the Genie. I'm for sure set on this, but I just kinda wanna reserve this as I hash out some details. If I change my mind, I'll let everyone know.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:34 pm

@Mombie; Yeah, you're right about time-travelling dramas and endings- hell, I think the only time-travel drama I've watched where I actually liked the ending was Go Back Couple. Also, I changed Lene's hex to #bfb0ba- sorry for the indecision!

@Mjolnir; oop, definitely keen to snatch up the Genie role if you change your mind :)

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:52 pm

@ Ruby : Okie dokie, I'll definitely be sure to let you know. I'm trying to decide if I wanna juggle 5 characters. Plus I figured another male could help balance somethings out. I'm not 100% sure as of yet, but if I do... I was contemplating the FC of Jason Momoa because, he's big and beefy kinda like genie, and a goof ball xD

I feel like I should know within the next couple days. If I don't say something just poke me.

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:05 am

@mjolnir; sweet, thank you! And honestly, Jason Mamoa is always a win. He could play Cinderella and I would be a-ok with that.

@everyone; Lene is just about done, so if anyone wants to shoot me a pm ahead of time to discuss relationships, please feel free! :D

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:08 pm

@Mombie; Is Belle an open role? If not I will think of someone else to reserve xD

name: Sofia Mendoza-Torres
fairytale: Snow White
hex: #7b678a
FC: Camila Mendes

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby mombie on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Okay! I am finally at a computer. Go ahead @Caille with Snow White.

To everyone else, I am going to post an initial thing to kind of introduce the big event within the next week and a half. That is not to say you are pressured to complete your CS right away, as everyone has two weeks to complete CS upon their reservation being approved.

I will update the Front Page soon! We have some new additions. I am closing off new writers for the time being. That way I can get cracking on a relationship CS (which will be quite long as it stands) and we can all get to the relations. I would suggest pinning down your relations with your characters in their Essex personas as soon as possible, as there is still a lot of time between the event and the complete "OMG we are fairytales" concept really starts hitting everyone. You can always get to that later since we have to give people time to post and get the current RP day started and completed.

Another note is to please have your auction item for your character in the Plot Thread. I will put down further information regarding the specifics of the events once we creep closer to officially posting for our characters. Remember that this should be a personal item from your character's Fairytale past.

EDIT: If I update the front page and you don't see your requested changes, feel free to yell at me in all caps and overly large font.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mombie on Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Update!

I made a mistake on the front page. When Fabricator chatted me about returning, I put up the characters for Funny Valentine rather than for Fabricator. I did PM Funny Valentine to make sure they were not returning, or if they were - as much of the last two weeks has been a haze of overtired for me.

I put up the correct characters. That was my fault, as sometimes the chat function on the lower RPG navigation goes away and I don't remember who messaged me.

I took off: Cinderella, Rumplestiltskin, and Aladdin unless Funny Valentine PMs me and wants to return.

I am also fixing any CS that may have errors in coding due to the change of the Placeholder image.

mombie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mjolnir on Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:11 pm

Ok I decided I am going to take Genie. I'm currently working on finishing Gaston, but hopefully I should have him and Genie up this weekend :)

Also, I bumped up Gaston's age to 34, fyi.

edit : I'm not settled on the surname, so if I change it. I apologize. I settled on a last name xD

Imageroman scarrott |xhero

fairytale
hexcode
genie
jason momoa
#5890c9

mjolnir
Designer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:26 pm

After a random burst of inspiration, I've decided to take on three more characters! (I'll edit in some images for them shortly- just being a bit lazy at the moment, haha)

name:Natalya Volkov
fairytale: The Big Bad Wolf, Little Red Riding Hood
hero or villain? villain
faceclaim: EDIT: Samara Weaving
hex: #724e44

name: Gabriel Zagré
fairytale: Jack, Jack and the Beanstalk
hero or villain? hero
faceclaim:Leo Hoyte Egan
hex: #5b2719

name: Rowan Renou
fairytale: Little Red Riding Hood
hero or villain? hero
faceclaim: Quintessa Swindell
hex: #b63a3a

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!