Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

~ Cities of Ruin ~

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:30 am

Khan had removed himself quietly from the meeting room. His presences was not considered important by the Red community. He didn't mind very much.

The old mage had found his way to the stable as soon as the bell had begun to ring. He kept his back to the wall, the side that Esca was coming from. She would only see him at the last minute.

The butt of his staff was upon the ground and he held it in the center of his body with both hands on it as he smiled. Her foot steps grew near.

Khan saw her face smile as she looked upon the steed before she had seen him.

"The Royal Army has begun their move princess. You should hurry if you wish to catch them and take up a position at the gates."
He was going for the creepy shocked aura as she looked him over.

Khan kept his eyes upon the ground the entire time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 am

(OOC: I'm not so big, but I'm back, and I'm better than ever; Okay, maybe not, first post soon.)

Name: Black Severeo
Race: Human
Kingdom: Vattensia
Appearance: Has a mane like flow of long light red hair and an equally coloured mustache, lightly trimmed. Long hair brushed back into a messy natural style makes him look rather handsome, if not for the fearsome untrimmed beard he developed since leaving Vattensia. A scar runs down his left eye and one on his right hand.
Weapons: Arc Longsword, Gridth Longbow
Biography: One of the last survivors of the Vattensia Clan and city, Flank General Black Severeo was in the last stand of Vattensia and under overwhelming numbers, strategies eventually ran out and the entire city was razed. Black escaped with his life after a diversion caused by the Chief Commander, and his only friend in the entire world, Marshal Lodarr. Marshal Lodarr found Black as an infant and raised him to be a good fighter, however, Lodarr treated Black as a tool, like many in military, Lodarr belived that toughness was the only way to strengthen a boy.
The unwanted orphan found a home where he was accepted, he then worked for the Vattensian Military by the age of 15. However, during the war, he was dismounted by an arrow, the 62-Year old Marshal Lodarr gave up his horse, heavily injured, the Marshal's last words rang in his head. "You must survive. One younger than me has a greater chance, and you will not let emotions get in your way."
The last words never were clearly understood as tears ran down his foster father's eyes, his "Father" who never considered himself to have a son, finally spoke: "Run. Run and return victorious my good son, and take a momento of me with you if you really wish, then when you prove your worth. Bury yourself next to me."
Cutting off a lock of the great man's hair, Black fled, never looking back as a flaming pillar fell on the Marshal, forever, the man was gone...
Last edited by Moonwolf on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:17 pm

OOC: Thanks for joining up with this RPG Moonwolf.

Esca stopped and stared at Khan for a brief moment.

She knew now she had definetly made a wise decision to not shun Khan. He was in fact a good mage, unlike many others she had met. Gerard was as well a good man. She would hold Khan in high respect now.

Esca slowly walked past Khan now smiling from under the mask.

"Thanks Khan. I appreciate it." She didn't feel the need to ask him not to tell her mother or father where she had gone off to. She had a feeling this mage would help her and quite possibly protect hher from harm, and from the anger of her parents.

Esca ran in to the stable now, grabbing her horse Zephyr's rein's and climbing up on to his back. Leaning down she whispered in to Zephyr's ear, "Lets go boy. We have to catch up to the others."

Zephyr burst out of the stable in a rush as both her and her trusted friend Zephyr made there way down the city streets to the gates as she approached she drew her sword. Zephyr coming to a halt now, as she peered forward through the gate. This had been the first time in a long time it had been opened up. Zephyr slowly walked forward as Esca stared straight ahead. She could see the others lined up. The gate would be closed. It had only been opened up to let the soldiers out. As both the horse and Esca set forward to go beyond the gates. Esca felt uneasy, but didn't want to spook her horse. She breathed heavily, but wouldn't fear now. She made a pomise.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:39 am

The noble brown steed halted in front of the mountain edge as Black Severeo looked down at an enemy camp of the foul soldiers, his steel, bloodstained helmet was gleaming with the pride of all. But his face and expression, was haggard, and tired.

The knight reigned in his horse, he had no wish to fight those men. He leaned against a tree, ahgast and lacking much of any form of strength.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade Experticella on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:19 am

The area ahead of Blade started to brighten up on the horizon as he approached the area of the camp of the Dark Army. From a distance on top of a large hill he stopped and dismounted from his horse and walked a bit to the ridge that raised above the large valley below.

The sight made Blade heart fell with sorrow as he now stared at the enormous encampment that was still building as masses of enemies were still arriving at the camp. The huge fires that were spread around each battalion lit the valley as if it were daylight. That seemed not to care that their presence was known or not. Who would be fool-hardy to even go into the camp that actually must have ten thousand fowl creatures just wanting to kill and torture.

One area seemed almost like a prison of sorts full of naked bloodstained humans that were being herded into the far end of the wooden barricade that kept them packed in close together. Blades eyes followed the line of herded people as it ended in a narrow gap, where to his horror saw that as each person came to the last spot they were being speared through the heart and dragged to a kitchen of sorts. the wooden barricades blocked the view past that. "oh my god, they are eating them!" Blade thought to himself then felt himself beginning to vomit.

Blade Experticella
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 am

At last, the man could not stand it as he abruptly stood up and tied his horse onto a tree bark. The odds on a one-on-one with such numbers was good, but an army wasn't very nice. So his mission was solely to disrupt and free the prisoners. "Mission... Commence." He whispered, use to old army tactics.

The sharp force of the wind sliced apart the spear along with the head of the dark soldier. An an arrow sliced into the throat of a soldier, as he collapsed. Another one latched into the chest of one, then yet another flew into his heart, bringing the second 'herder' down.

Three arrows at once cut into three men, bringing them spiralling to their graves, and sliding down the cliff in the dust was a lone soldier on a scuicide mission. He dashed forward as he landed, men charging
at him.

With an uppercut he dislodged the chin of a soldier and kicked another away, then balancing him hands on the ground he released a flurry of kicks that knocked out five out cold.
Balancing himself he struck forward, the force of the impaling strike sending a soldier flying backwards several metres and crashing into the ground. With a strong slash he cut the throat of the last.

"Run." Was the only word he said as he pointed his blade to the direction of the gate, charging into his pinpointed direction, he began to parry and kick away, deflecting all attacks against the humans and flinging a straight blow into one soldier's skull.

He probably slew well over two hundred with skill alone in just half an hour, as humans dashed away, grabbing cloths and broken armour as clothes. Not one uttered even a 'Thank you'. Typical, escaping was the first priority, he would do the same if he was utterly powerless.
However.
He wasn't.

Slicing apart a man cleanly in half he kicked a campfire apart as flames spewed across the camp, spinning his blade in a circle he knocked down four more, and ran out of the burning camp. Brushing his sharp steel blade against a bark to cleanse it of blood, he leaned against the tree to admire the fiery scenery and running humans. The surviving soldiers would hunt him sooner or later.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:08 pm

As she approached the camp of whcih the army had been residing, she heard a thunder of footsteps in the distance, but they gradually grew louder, and so did the shouts of many to follow those thunderous steps coming her way, she dismounted her horse and tied the reigns to a tree hiding the horse behind some brush. She watched, peering out from behind the brush as a large group of people herded up through the tree's. Clothless, some wearing tattered and ripped clothing screaming and yelling, covered in dirt and dry blood. She shook her head a bit, ensheathed her sword and burst out from behind the bushes barreling her way through the people. Following after them were men on horses, lunging forth, performing the bistro, she slashed at the ankles of the horses. Digging under her garb she snatched one of her daggers out and jammed the blade deep in to a passerbyer's leg.

His scream was no doubt one of the first and not the last she would hope to hear. She was as well hoping she had inflicted enough pain to get her point across now. The men's horses had scattered them upon the ground. Horses getting up and limping and running into opposite directions. A smile forming on her face as the man she had jammed her dagger in to laid on the ground before her. The others getting up drawing their swords. Esca twisted the dagger, blood pouring out of his wound. The men surrounding her as the man screamed.

"Drop your weapon! And get away from him." A soldier shouted. Esca merely laughed and jammed the dagger further in to his leg then ripping at his flesh with drew the dagger. She stood up and turned to face the 4 men behind her.

"I'm sorry. You gentlemen will have to wait your tun." Esca said as she turned back around now, facing the man on the ground, she then took her dagger and held it against his neck, as she held the blade of her sword against his rib cage. "And which do you prefer? To have your throat slit, or.... I could gut you very much so like a big." Esca said from behind her mask.

"I said get away fro-" A hand had come about and grabbed her by the soldier, Esca swung herself around and slit his throat, the blood pouring out and hearing the gurgles, which she assumed were his dieing words, but they weren't coming out.

"I said... WAIT YOUR TURNS!" Esca said staring at them. She felt horrible. She wanted to make an example of these men. But who were to see them, if she were to kill them in the brush. Esca shook her head.

'Geez. I forgot my manners. Allow me to introduce myself." She said as she tucked her bloody dagger back in to its holding place. She put her un-touched sword back in to its sheath and stood crossing her arms.
"I don't know... I don't know if I should," She said now tapping her foot on the ground. The man staring at her from behind there blackened eyes and helmets covering most of their faces. "Ok. Yes. Yes. I will." Esca smiled as she reached up and pulled her hood down. Revealing her hair, up in a pony tail. Releasing her hair from its clothy prison, she then un-tied the band around it and let her hair flow down. She then reached up as she lowered her head as if trying to hide something. She removed her mask. Letting it fall to the ground she looked up slowly, as the men gasped and took a few steps back.

"My-My- God..." One of the men said, who seemed to be the tallest, but not very big when it came to muscles.
"P-P-PRINCESS ESCA!" He said with a horrified face, as if she were some sort of a monster.

"Yes. Thats right. Drop your swords if you wish to live, and follow me to victory. These are changing times, and indeed, there will be changes." Esca said as she un-sheathed her sword once more stepping forward. The taller man bent down and bowed his head in respect. The other two stood up and lunged at her as she turned and stabbed deeply in to the larger soldier, spinning him around with her to block the blow of the other assualting soldier, she quickly un-sheathed her bloody dagger oncemore and slashed at his throat, kicking the large man off her sword and watching him topple on top of the other dieing man.

"I am not playing. I am absolutely serious. Anyone who thinks I cannot fight... Must guess again." Esca said turning around looking at the other man. "What is your name? Stand. Do not bow to me. For those who don't know me, it would be dangerous if they did. Please stand." She smiled and stood staring down at the camp.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:31 am

Black turned his head towards the direction and blinked, ah, so no one was chasing him because the bravado of another had stopped such actions. How considerate.

Gripping the handle of his stained blade, he brought it up to eye level and sheathed it. Cleaning would have to take place later, he picked up
a tree branch and hurled it with such accurancy and deadliness he splinted a soldier's head and made him fall.

Then he resumed his cover behind the shadows, amused.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:25 am

One of the soldiers, the one ontop of the large man began to struggle to his feet as Esca spoke to the one with his head bowed. A slight glow started from Esca's front and sped past her to land in the man's face behind her. It burned and melted off before he hit the ground.

Khan let out a low growl as he sat high atop his horse with his hood up. The cloak a symbol of the red mage. His massive gray beard fell over top of it, while the left hand stroked it. In his right hand, as usually was the staff with the red gem in the center.

After the fire ball disipated he raised the rod and the gem began to glow. Khan let out a rumble of a sigh once again before moving forward. He didn't particularly want Esca to know that he was there, but now that he had shown himself it was a much better idea than to run.

"Princess..."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:27 am

Esca was startled. She turned and looked behind her, at the fallen body of the man. She then looked up raising an eyebrow to the mage with the red cloak on.

"Khan..." Esca said softly as a small smile moved across her face. " Thank you." Esca said as she bowed her head to him. She had much respect for her new friend. He was definetly useful, and full of information, and extremely well informed of the situations at hand. Even more so, he may be quite possibly more informed of the situations before Esca is.

Esca turned back to the young soldier and pointed in the direction of her kingdom. "Go now. Remove your armor, and go swear allegiane to the King, and NOT to me. I am not the one who will need all that much protecting. You are a good man. I can sense it. Do not make me think otherwise of you." Esca smiled as the guy didn't think twice, turning he ran in the direction she had been pointing towards.

Now turning back around she heard some rustling in the bushes. Bringing her sword up her horse burst through the brush and headed in her direction. She jumped but then laughed.

"Zephyr... You pain in-" she paused then laughed again followed by,"How do you keep getting loose? Am I not tieing those rein's tight enough?"
Esca climbed atop of the horse back as they trotted up to Khan's side and she looked down at the camp. She now had noticed a man down in the camp who seemed to be trying to take on the army by itself. She shook her head.

"He must've been the one who had those men chasing down those people. Thanks to him, I have already had to get my sword dirty." Esca said looking at Khan now. "So, I am guessing your going to be here right now? I won't have to worry." Esca said as she kicked Zephyr's side gently to move him forward. She saw some of the army had disappeared already, and were no where to be seen Either they scattered, and were going to launch an attack on the man catching him off guard. Or else they were most like running in the direction of the kingdom. That didn't seem likely, because there wa sa wall of soldier's that had ben formated.

"I don't know what to do... Atleast for right now. I do not intend on turning back Khan. I plan to travel to the kingdoms and set them free... By killing the men left in charge. I believe this will help to gain a larger following to destroy the dark lord." Esca said looking back at Khan.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:23 am

The man coughed, tiring efforts. At least the prisoners were free, he made a quick dash to the cliffs as if in no difficulty at all. Once there, he leapt atop his steed and spurred it towards another direction. He had yet settle down, there was no reason to. And he wanted to find a purpose after a ruined kingdom... Rebuilding, to him.

Was silly.

The horse galloped away into the distance.

Moonwolf
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Khan sat high atop Inferno as Esca spoke of freeing lands, as they watched the unknown soldier battle his way through the dark army.

He let out a sigh as she spoke of leaving for good. His hand immediately found his beard yet again and began to stroke it. He sighed deeply through his nose and looked at her directly in her eyes. He affirmed that she was terribly serious.

Khan couldn't help but shake his head as he saw the dark army was all but beaten, he then started to nod as he continued to stroke the silky grey hair.

"Princess Esca, I am fully aware that I cannot persuade you to turn back...I just hope that you realize...you are almost guaranteed failure."
He looked back onto the mess that Black had created. This time the sigh came from his mouth.
"I do hope you know what you are getting us into Princess."
With that he rose his staff to the sky and a massive fireball erupted from the gem. When it was fully ascended into the sky it exploded.

That was the signal he had agreed upon with Blade to show the dark army was ready to be taken. Khan then looked back at Esca and nodded.

"Time to go."
He then spurred Inferno forward as he began to think about the situation. He realized that it was much like a book he had read once upon a time, something about a mage, a group of little people and a prince making an attempt to save the world. Beowulf, it was called.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:13 pm

~ Esca Styles ~

Esca laughed smiled and let out a few chuckles. She then watched as the fire ascended downwards. She watched in "awe" but then followed after Khan.

"Khan... I say we ride straight through the camp. Let the others deal with the soldiers. We should try and head off others from arriving here at the camp if at all possible. Lead them away." Esca said expressing her idea to Khan, hoping he would be all ears.

To have someone such as Khan as a companion could prove to be more then just a sense of protection, but as well as gaining knowledge and a large fiendship. She sighed as she kicked Zephyr's side softly and the two boldted forward, hoping that Khan wouldn't be to far behind her. She made her way through a few openings, as men leaped at her. She pulled the mysterious pouch out from under her cape, untieing it, she shoved her hand deep inside as she pulled out some blue dust. She held it up to her mouth as she whispered a few words no one could hear her say, and then shut her eyes blowing it outward into the cap. A gust of wind blew up so quickly, dust was swirling all around them.

"Khan! Follow my lead." Esca said tucking the pouch away again. She with drew her daggers as she rode fast through the cloud of dust. She knew Khan would have know problem keeping up with her. She had faith in him. She felt a hand touch of her leg and tug, but swiftly swung the dagger down. Her hair was whipping all around her face, but she refused to give up her efforts. Khan was wrong. What she wanted was to free the lands. This was not a "guaranteed failure", no matter how much she wanted to believe it would be, she could not."

Esca finally saw some light ahead of her, as she burst through it with Zephyr. She rode ahead a little ways, looking back for signs of Khan. If had to, she would ride back in for him. But still, she saw none of the other men from the camp come out of the large dust cloud. Esca reached her hand in once more, and then pulled out some of the dust. Whipsering in to the dust,"Be his guiding light" Esca said as she blew it towards the dust cloud now, focusing on Khan.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:51 pm

It was a difficult time for Harris, he had been treated like a lap dog, having been sent, like a messenger boy, to give word to sound the alarm. That had set him into a bad mood.

He had come to assist in the tactical side of things and to have his skill and strength put to good use, instead he had had to go to the building from which the alarm would be sounded.

In that small building, little more than a hut, he had been ridiculed by an old man, the one who was keeping a watch on the building, always ready to sound the alarm. If it had not been for the man's antiquity, Harris would have certainly put his axe through the man's head.

It had severely riled him. The big man was not one who would tolerate being treated like an initiate. He was a seasoned warrior, and although not a member of the army, he had taken command in several skirmishes against the Dark Army, all successful. He had even occasionally defeated squadrons of the enemy single handedly.

In the scurry of preparation that followed the sounding of the alarm, it seemed as though the people he had just offered his services to had forgotten all about him. He decided to simply keep watch from a distance, allowing the army to leave the city and come out of sight before he himself left.

Even carrying the heavy axe and his two daggers, the smooth headed man easily kept pace with the men on horseback, even though he was on foot. His levels of stamina were always considered almost super natural.

He had remained in a silent, stealthy observance the entire time, ensuring he could see what was happening, and yet being out of sight. He had watched as the one man, obviously young, and still full of vigour to the point of risking death, attempting a one man suicide mission.

There were 10,000 members of the Dark Army down there, and to go down there on his own was certainly folly. It was apparent to Hrris as he watched this that the King's army was obviously lacking in the thing he was offering - strategy.

He then saw two figures stood together, both on horseback. Were they also sitting in observance? Either way after a few minutes, he noted that one was moving their horse towards the enemy camp, as he watched, suspecting to see another fool, he finally realised who the figure was on the horse. The Princess!

"What on earth is she doing?"

Harris muttered to himself. His words were sent far away, instantly losing the little volume it had as his rough vocals were stolen by the heavy winds that suddenly swirled around the area.

Upon his final word, he had started to run for the Princess, fearing for her life, he didn't know if her companion was joining her or not, he paid no heed as he sprinted for the young woman.

After only a few moments, he saw that the dust had begun to rise, and it surrounded his massive figure, almost making vision an obselete sense. He still continued however, and soon saw a light.

He didn't know what it was, but he knew it was in line with the path the Princess had taken. Was it danger? He didn't know. As he ran towards the light, he took hold of his axe, and brought it from the leather armour he wore, around to his front, the long handle gripped in both hands.

He would ensure the Princess' safety.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:58 pm

~ Esca Styles ~

Esca waited, and watched for signs of her beloved friend to come rushing out of the cloud of dust. However, to her surprise, Harris came barreling out and starled her horse. As Zephyr stood on his hind legs she patted his side.

"Down! Stay down. Its alright!" She said as the horse settled a bit more easily. "A friend. He is a friend Zephyr."

Esca said as the horse settled.

"Hello again Harris." Esca said as she climbed off of her horse and looked in to the sand storm.
"I am waiting for Khan. You know who he is. The mage that you saw at the palace." Esca said as she turned and stared behind her. Something to her to move on, to not stand there and wait. Because in fact, there was an un-easy feeling.

"However, I think this now would be the perfect time to head forward." She said turning to face Harris. "I think Khan will have no problem trying to catch up with me.... Or us? If you wish to accompany me in my efforts to free up some of the kingdoms?" She said smiling patting Zephyr's nose and staring at Harris.

'I am not going back to the palace. It is well guarded, and I do not have any intentions of heading back."

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:50 pm

Harris watched calmly as the horse upon which the Princess had sat became a little startled. It seemed that the Princess handles the horse well.

Upon hearing her words, he couldn't help but chuckle. His intention had been to go with the princess, no matter what she had said to him.

"Aye, I will come with you. I need to ensure you are safe."

Those were his only words as he now stood by the Princess, his axe held in both hands, he stood level with the princess, even though she was on horseback. Even disregarding his height and stature, he looked like a dangerous man, merely by the way in which he stood, much like a tiger about to pounce on it's prey.

Silently he awaited the arrival of the mage. Hopefully it would not take long. He silently hoped that there would be no more foolish attempts like the one he had witnessed earlier.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade Experticella on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:10 am

Feeling a bit better Blade raised up and saw the fireball explode in the sky that Kahn had said would be the signal for the army to move into the valley. Jumping onto the back of his horse he looked over the valley. There seemed to be a confrontation to the east of him. But the Royal Army was supposed to be coming in from the south and the west so this must be something else. Thinking about the size of the Royal Army of the kingdom he could only come up with about 1000 full time soldiers and with the civilian militia could be maybe 500 more. The odds are not good Blade was thinking. He pulled the reigns to guide his horse to flank the Dark Army to meet up with commanders of the battalions.

Blade Experticella
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Kahn rode Inferno throught blue powdered mist. He was not excited to be riding through another's magic. Every mage lived by a certain philosophy, if you cannot reproduce it do not trust it.

He trusted the Princess though, she had a kind heart or they would not be removing themselves from the kingdom.

He steered the mare through the haze and what did he see on the other side, not just Esca, but Harris was with her as well. He nodded his head with aproval.

Inferno almost exploded through the mist and halted beside the Zephyr. He nodded at the two before speaking.

"If we are to go...should we not...be leaving? Mr. Experticella should be along any minute."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade Experticella on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:25 pm

Soon Blade came across to a small winding creek where five of the royals were discussing the possibilities of attacks. As he raced up to them he shouted "Take half of the army and head east and flank the dark army! We have warriors fighting to the east! So what we need to do is weave in and out of enemy territory and kill as many as you can without a full assault on the center of the camp! Leave two battalion of the young guard to follow the first exactly ten minutes after the first one leaves here, to help the wounded and kill any injured enemy! If they meet up with the main force. Fine. Let them join in to help. The remaining force stays here and fight off any attack heading for the kingdom! Now ... Do it!" I am going back east and tell Kahn that you will be coming! Long Live the King !"
At that the soldiers saluted and went to their horses. Blade pulled his sword and held it high in the air "To war!"
A quick pull on the reigns and Blade was speeding back down the creek and galloping towards where he thought Kahn and the others were. Who was with Kahn now he was thinking as he sped eastward.

Blade Experticella
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:33 pm

~ Esca Styles ~

Esca nodded as she looked at Khan smiling. For a moment, she thought Khan would not follow. But now that her heart had settled she pointed and cleared her throat.

"Right. We should be going now. In...." Esca looked at her finger which was pointing. "That way direction! Lets move on out before we have some of those foolish soldiers chasing after us... Or better yet, my father!" Esca said as she slowly nudged Zephyr's side with her feet and he began to walk. The direction she had been pointing was in fact the direction of the Argolian Kingdom which belonged to her fathers dearest and long lasting friend Beatrice, which yes, was a woman ruler.

"Queen Beatrice will be some what relieved of our arrival... However... I do not know for certain what kind of shape the Argolian's kingdom is in. That is my only fear. Though, it is some what of a small kingdom and we shouldn't have any trouble with gaining control, and getting help." Esca was hoping Beatrice would be in hiding at the Willow Creek Inn which was located some what south of the town. The only problem is, go around or go threw the town to reach it.

As they rode, Esca knew that the ride would only take a day or so to reach the Kingdom. Though she sat in thought as she wondered what they should do to gain contact with Beatrice.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!